Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 13
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 7:45:34 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
If I understand correctly, the last not-family President of BM left in 2011. Les took over for a few years, then maybe tried to hand over the reins to his kid. During this tenure, for reasons unknown, quality went down the shitter and a marketeer came and changed things up, saw if was a family forever business with no room for him to become top dog, left, and at some point Les came back in.

Not sure if that's accurate or not, but in family-forever run companies, good people leave for better growth opportunities. Status quo peeps hang around, with the biggest sycophants getting entrenched in their own departments while the boss, bosses siblings and offspring play musical manager chairs.

In such an environment, criticism of the boss and any of his family is not permitted, for it is certain death to ones career.

So Les realizes something is FUBAR, after his email and voicemail get bombed with irate customers, accounts and distributors.

"WTH is going on?" he asks his sycophant managers. *silence* then a few meek "well gun guys are mad we cut up guns for the PD"

He sends a madketing drone out to do the Lars show. Fails. Angry calls continue.

At some point, somebody (board member? Advisor? Jr. Crisis Communications Consultant?) says, "You have to make a video to address this!". His team gets the assignment to write a script. Or he writes it himself. "How does this look?" the boss asks the sycophants. As always, the reply is "great!" They do the video. "How did that go?" "Great Boss!"

And thus here we are.
View Quote
"How's the sound?"

"Excellent."
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 7:57:48 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Meh, some of you act as though cutting up a gun is cutting up the 2nd amendment.  I just don't care that they cut up crime guns or guns stupid people gave them to cut up, yea it would be nice if they sold them but most are junk anyway.  It is not like this is some Australian style confiscation effort and guns are being piled up and destroyed.  I find their political donations much more egregious since those are actually efforts to go after my guns or your guns.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I really don't care about them helping the police cut up crime or buy back guns, that is meaningless and not really political.  Giving money to Democrats, especially out of state Democrats, is pretty damn bad though.
Meaningless?  Those all could have been sold to local gun shops creating revenue for the department while also providing a cheap method of self defense for someone who otherwise couldn't afford it.  In AZ departments are required by law to sell any confiscated firearms to local gun shops, of course after determining there is no legal current owner to return it to first.  If it has no meaning they wouldn't have taken video to post online, less guns is actually incredibly meaningful just ask people like Hitler, Stalin, Mao, etc...
Meh, some of you act as though cutting up a gun is cutting up the 2nd amendment.  I just don't care that they cut up crime guns or guns stupid people gave them to cut up, yea it would be nice if they sold them but most are junk anyway.  It is not like this is some Australian style confiscation effort and guns are being piled up and destroyed.  I find their political donations much more egregious since those are actually efforts to go after my guns or your guns.
I think most of us aren't viewing these as two completely unrelated events, but more as a pattern of behavior.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 7:58:18 AM EDT
[#3]
Just virtue signaled the fuck out of a pile of Spyderco knives to replace my Benchmades. I was getting ready to send off my 8+ year old Griptilian for sharpening again instead I’ll cut it up with an angle grinder.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:01:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Honestly, I doubt their stance will make a dent in their sales.
View Quote

Just how big and diverse do you think the market is for $200 pocket knives?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:14:46 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Just virtue signaled the fuck out of a pile of Spyderco knives to replace my Benchmades. I was getting ready to send off my 8+ year old Griptilian for sharpening again instead I'll cut it up with an angle grinder.
View Quote
Don't destroy your bitchmade knives, sell them. A flood of knives on the 2nd hand market will also hurt them on top of boycotting.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:17:07 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
All I heard was, “we will continue “.  No, apologies. No change. Nothing. Mmmmmkay.
View Quote
I guess the left can buy his knives now.......
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:19:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Fakest bs I have ever seen.
I mean that was really bad. You never ever want to edit an apology/clarification video like that.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:26:34 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Don't destroy your bitchmade knives, sell them. A flood of knives on the 2nd hand market will also hurt them on top of boycotting.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Just virtue signaled the fuck out of a pile of Spyderco knives to replace my Benchmades. I was getting ready to send off my 8+ year old Griptilian for sharpening again instead I'll cut it up with an angle grinder.
Even, better, give them away or ask for donations to the Trump campaign, NRA or a better pro-gun org.

I wonder how the BladeForums would respond to getting posts in their EE "Donate to Trump, get a free Benchmade knife."  lol
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:29:49 AM EDT
[#9]
Fuck them
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:34:36 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I've tried to get banned there.  It's way harder than here.
View Quote
Unless you insult bitchmade on their forum, they were giving 30day timeouts like candy for people calling bitchmade out.  Looks like it was the bitchmade forum mod, which is probably a company guy.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:38:07 AM EDT
[#11]
Fidgeting hands, multiple cuts, excessive blinking, not explaining away the campaign donations.

You know what else BM is short for? It's what your customers are about to do all over your company.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:41:40 AM EDT
[#12]
That was terrible
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:47:07 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Honestly,

Anybody that watched that video knows that guy is freaking out because he has been exposed.

He is caught between his politics and his wallet and at this point his wallet is going to lose.
View Quote
This. The guy is nervous as hell.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:47:31 AM EDT
[#14]
He probably thinks he did nothing wrong and these gun fanatics are persecuting him.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:49:56 AM EDT
[#15]
Most of the knives I own are benchmade but since this it got me looking at the competition

I don’t need a new knife but those hogue knives look pretty good and are cheaper then benchmade.  How’s the quality on them?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:53:42 AM EDT
[#16]
complete train wreck...I used the contact form on there site to sound off. someone has to check e-mail & tabulate the carnage .
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:56:07 AM EDT
[#17]
A public speaker he is not.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:56:15 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
If I was a betting man, I'd be betting against the future of Benchmade.
View Quote
They will probably go the way of costa (sp) sunglasses. Slowly start to make everything in China and keep the brand name. Soon they will be like yeti and every bro will have one.

I still like benchmade.... however I will not buy another as this might ruin the companies American made knifes. It's not like they made a product that anyone else can't easily produce.
@jeepsnguns81
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 8:57:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Hmmmm. Didn't say anything about donating money to anti gun democrats.
View Quote
I could care less about this, the gun cutting up is what pisses me off. They have to play both sides to get contracts. Consider those donations bribes... Every company does it.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:05:16 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Spyderco made such good stuff that Benchmade decided to copy some of their features. The round hole in the blade being one of them.

I've carried one Spyderco or another since the early 1990s, and while I've swapped out for other bands on occasion just for the heck of it, I always come back to a Spyderco.

The Endura is one helluva knife in all its incarnations, and the Delica is its little brother.
View Quote
Not for nothing, by Benchmade licensed the hole from Spyderco.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:09:00 AM EDT
[#21]
They really have exposed themselves as a shit company. Saying over and over again how great you are is a sign that you are in fact the opposite.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:10:20 AM EDT
[#22]
I’ve got a old Benchmade/Emerson CQC7 that I am having a buddy cut the blade into a penis with a water jet. I will share it when I get it back.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:11:12 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
He reminds me of Nathan Thurm.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:14:18 AM EDT
[#24]
Filthy communist insurgent.  I am disgusted i own your crap.  Ill buy from another company and throw your shit in the garbage where it belongs.

What kind of idiot does this red think we are?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:18:17 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No..this Nathan...…….

via Imgflip Meme Generator" />
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:18:45 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Words, words, words....but nothing said. I own one Benchmade knife, the AFO that was issued to me prior to deploying to Iraq. I was so close to buying their "Bugout" and possible a 940....suffice to say, not any more. Benchmade, Leupold, Kimber, Vortex..etc. hope your leftest pals will keep your companies afloat.
View Quote
Vortex as well?

Is there a tacked thread with these companies?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#27]
Dear Les,

Toodaloo, muthafucka.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:23:47 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'll disagree slightly here.  If you destroy your knives and the pictures/video get posted all over social media, people will see them when searching for that item and (hopefully) be warned away.  That said, I'm not destroying my benchmades, but I won't buy another (I've used them since the early 90's...no more)
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:29:45 AM EDT
[#29]
Bob had bitchmade tits.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:33:46 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I could care less about this, the gun cutting up is what pisses me off. They have to play both sides to get contracts. Consider those donations bribes... Every company does it.
View Quote
They lie on their website. Said they make no political contributions, but they do.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:34:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I think a cutlery company is in the perfect position to be 2A friendly but still not incur political wrath based on their products.  For the life of me I can't understand why Bitchmade decided to throw that away, either by hubris or they just didn't think anyone was paying attention.
View Quote
It is the attitude of “I support law enforcement” combined with “I support the Second Amendment, but...”
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:36:58 AM EDT
[#32]
I love my mini griptilian with the Spydyhole.  I have other knives with thumb studs and I hate those.  Spyderco doesn't have a axis lock does it? 3.5 inch blade an a yellow handle is what I need.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:37:04 AM EDT
[#33]
I'm fascinated with PR recovery attempts...that was fucking awful. He managed to miss every issue he should have made a point to touch.

No question in my mind now that he's an anti gun zealot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:40:45 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I'm fascinated with PR recovery attempts...that was fucking awful. He managed to miss every issue he should have made a point to touch.

View Quote
He couldn't even let the words "firearms or guns" escape from his lips.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:41:43 AM EDT
[#35]
That was a statement, but it wasn't much of a clarification and it certainly wasn't an apology.

I'm not sure what he was saying, other than, "We will continue doing what we've been doing."

What was the point of that?
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:41:51 AM EDT
[#36]
I haven't bought a benchmade in several years.  Most of my knives are now from Protech.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:43:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
And not planning to change to save his company.

I saw them at 25% off in my area.
Was it a planned sale or because of this?
Who knows?  
I didn't have time to ask.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:44:52 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:49:14 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
That was a statement, but it wasn't much of a clarification and it certainly wasn't an apology.

I'm not sure what he was saying, other than, "We will continue doing what we've been doing."

View Quote
Zealot is going to zealot.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:51:44 AM EDT
[#40]
I posted this in the other thread but now I know why Benchmade was getting bad reviews on Glassdoor from former employees.  He's talking down to gun owners like they're his employees.  Fuck off you lying asshole.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:52:29 AM EDT
[#41]
His little video cost me a Spyderco and a Kershaw to replace my mini pika and griptillian.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:52:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View Quote
That poster who posted about the tyranny of family-owned businesses nailed it.
The owner”s  boys told him he had to make a statement, but they also were too scared to tell him what he needed to say.  And the owner does not understand the ferocity of the shitstorm.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:54:07 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
I’m not being defensive. You’re being defensive.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:55:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I have exactly one Benchmade knife. I found it in a parking lot.
I wont have another and I have advised my kids as well.
View Quote
Send it back to him and ask him to cut it up for you.   Will only cost you postage
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:55:45 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
That poster who posted about the tyranny of family-owned businesses nailed it.
The owner”s  boys told him he had to make a statement, but they also were too scared to tell him what he needed to say.  And the owner does not understand the ferocity of the shitstorm.
View Quote
He looked like an old man trying to use a computer.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:56:01 AM EDT
[#46]
Good neighbor/community = globalist/progressive sympathizer. You're digging the hole deeper, dumb-ass...........
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:56:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:57:32 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I personally don't care if there are millions because even $1 given to an anti-gun politician is inexcusable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I'm interested in these supposed millions spent on supporting gun rights.

Now they seem to be claiming the money donated to democrats was to promote a stronger business environment....
I personally don't care if there are millions because even $1 given to an anti-gun politician is inexcusable.
I don't think there are those millions. It's just some BS one of their guys let slip then he said he didn't have all the details on that stuff.
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 9:57:37 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hmmmm. Didn’t say anything about donating money to anti gun democrats.
View Quote
I noticed that as well.
Comments were disabled for that video..... gee I wonder why
Link Posted: 2/23/2019 10:04:46 AM EDT
[#50]
Poorly done, both in timing (48 hrs later, really?) and content.

I really don’t care about the destroying crime guns a court ordered destroyed. NBD. If it saved the taxpayers of that city money it’s probably a good thing.

What I do care about is the donations to the left. The ongoing pattern of that tells me all I need to know.

That whole “bribe” or “protection money” excuse doesn’t work with me. Mr de Asis sold his company’s soul to the enemies of liberty (and business), and doesn’t seem too apologetic about it. I’ll let the fictional Gunnery Sergeant Hartmann express my thoughts on this (profanity warning):

"Fuck a person in the ass not give him a reach around." - Full Metal Jacket

The companies that split the donations between D and R are giving us a reach around at least...
Page / 13
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top