Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:26:44 PM EDT
[#1]
I am betting this summer, while she is on retreat in Europe.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:30:43 PM EDT
[#2]
Could you imagine a Supreme Court with Conservatives outnumbering wise Latinas and lefties?
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:34:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Could you imagine a Supreme Court with Conservatives outnumbering wise Latinas and lefties?
View Quote
Speaking of which, I really can't imagine what he was thinking nominating a diabetic to the SC. Major strategic fuck up.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#4]
... I wanna hear it from her lips
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:39:05 PM EDT
[#5]
If she retires... I will come.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:41:25 PM EDT
[#6]
nofa king way will that happen
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:42:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
No. She will die on the court, she hates Trump.
View Quote
I'm going with this.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:44:46 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
No we need 60 votes not 51!  MAGA would be unstoppable then.
View Quote
negatoroy ghost rider... thank that slimy cock sucker harry reid who changed the filibuster rules. it can be shoved straight up the commies ass with 51... or 50+VP.

as long as captain turtle has the stones to do it, trump will get his pick.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:45:21 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Doubt even RBG seriously believes Trump isn't getting re-elected.  The only question is whether she can last until 2024, and that's assuming the dems manage to defeat Trump's would-be successor.

By 2028, I doubt she'll be capable of speech, or sitting up unassisted.
View Quote
She’s 85.  Odds are she won’t make it 6 more years.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:47:03 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Speaking of which, I really can't imagine what he was thinking nominating a diabetic to the SC. Major strategic fuck up.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Did anyone sign her up for the jelly of the month club, cake of the week club, cupcakes r us???
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#11]
No way.  She's truly a vindictive daughter of Satan.  There's no way she retires.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:48:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
That was my conclusion in yesterday's thread.   If she counts as excellent health (cancer cured, best doctors working on her, exercise, so maybe) statistically she's got something like a 75% chance to live to 90.

I would be delighted to be wrong.  Hell, I will literally take the rest of the day off work and go straight to a bar if I hear she retired or a house fell on her.
View Quote
At first I thought, "I would, too . . . I'll drive to Ohio and meet you there and buy the whole place a round."  But then I reconsidered and decided the better move would be to go to a church to thank the Good Lord for the many blessings he would have bestowed on us.  I don't wish her ill will, but I'll not shed a tear if she moves on to the next life, either.  I don't pray for her to die, but I pray that the Court will see change . . . But God knows what I'm thinking, I'm afraid.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 6:49:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Doubtful, But PLEASE!!!
View Quote
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:03:25 PM EDT
[#14]
Resign?!? Doubtful.
She's just staying alive out of spite.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:16:33 PM EDT
[#15]
She will die in Office.  To retire is to give Trump another appointment and undo her legacy on the bench
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:18:23 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
No way.  She's truly a vindictive daughter of Satan.  There's no way she retires.
View Quote
This. She’s spiteful enough that the only way she leaves is when she no longer is amongst the living.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:22:15 PM EDT
[#17]
If she followed the laws and constitution in lieu of constantly interpreting what’s not written, she wouldn’t be a permanent dissenter.  I sometimes wonder if her law clerks are the ones doing the interpretations and tell her how to vote and write her opinions for her.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I don’t think she will because I don’t think she knows she’s a judge on the court.
View Quote
LOL!
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:41:57 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:43:04 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

#NoloForSupremeCourtJustice
View Quote
New rule states a nominee must be a judge already.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:44:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Being part of the permanent minority is going to suck. She should just die and go hang out with her pals.

She knows she isn't going to change anyone's mind regarding their opinions-that's not how these bastards work. They get on the court and spew their personal bias.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 7:59:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Reminds me of my ex and her mother. Multiple bouts of various cancers and still alive. Even the devil doesn't want some people.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 8:14:02 PM EDT
[#23]
Sortamanure has already said she has no problem saying, "Fuck the Constitution, I went the way I thought it should be..."
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 8:48:00 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Did anyone sign her up for the jelly of the month club, cake of the week club, cupcakes r us???  
View Quote
Hell.  Just go on Amazon and order her a couple of cases of king-sized Snickers bars.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:53:45 PM EDT
[#25]
Trump should elect a right wing woman, that would blow the leftys mind.
Link Posted: 6/28/2018 11:57:54 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Doubt even RBG seriously believes Trump isn't getting re-elected.  The only question is whether she can last until 2024, and that's assuming the dems manage to defeat Trump's would-be successor.

View Quote
I hope Trump wins reelection, but there is almost zero chance of GOP keeping the white house after Trump's two terms, assuming he wins.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:24:20 AM EDT
[#27]
I'd be happy if tomorrow she took a nap and just not wake up.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:37:37 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I hope Trump wins reelection, but there is almost zero chance of GOP keeping the white house after Trump's two terms, assuming he wins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It of course depends on a lot of things, but it's not without precedent.  Reagan, Reagan, Bush.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#29]
If Trump goes 8 years, i could see Thomas and Breyer retiring too within that span.  Imagine Trump placing 5 younger conservative justices on the Court.  My God man.  Winning.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 11:59:16 AM EDT
[#30]
Retired like checkers at the old folks home, or retired like a Nexus-6 by Deckard?
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:29:10 PM EDT
[#31]
Suddenly, RBG is giving me an erection!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:49:42 PM EDT
[#32]
The LEFT WING LIBERAL TARDS will riot in the streets and the right will laugh their ass's off. Untill it harms me or mine....
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 12:50:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I don’t want to be the asshole but couldn’t she just die instead?
View Quote
This guy gets it!!!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:48:26 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Unfortunately, I'm wondering who would be able to get her to go if she couldn't hack it any more and it was obvious to all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
She will never leave voluntarily while Trump is in office
Unfortunately, I'm wondering who would be able to get her to go if she couldn't hack it any more and it was obvious to all.
This is the real weekend at Bernie's scenario; her refusal to retire when she is no longer capable of doing the job. I'm sure the democrats would work with the Republicans to do the right thing for America.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:50:52 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
By "retire" they mean die, right?  No way in Hell she leaves voluntarily while DJT is in the White House.
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
If Trump goes 8 years, i could see Thomas and Breyer retiring too within that span.  Imagine Trump placing 5 younger conservative justices on the Court.  My God man.  Winning.
View Quote
America would get a 2nd chance.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:53:33 PM EDT
[#37]
The Ginsburgs personal friendship with the Scalias may be another reason she didn't retire back when Obama could have nominated her replacement as well.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:56:37 PM EDT
[#38]
I actually wish the best for ole RBG.

I hope she retires and addresses her alcohol dependency.

I hope she repents with a sincere heart.

I hope she doesn't spend an eternity dancing in hells fires.

But mostly I wish and hope our constitution can survive all these America haters who hold high office
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
I'm hoping someone drops a house on her.
View Quote
Or maybe throws water...
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:00:50 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Three new conservative SC Justices???

That will be historic if the President can pull it off.

If that happens we need a huge dillo fundraiser so NOLO can get some of these anti gun laws crushed!!!
View Quote
What do you mean "pull it off"?

He literally has nothing to do with the decision making process until it's time to pick a replacement.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:07:41 PM EDT
[#41]
Life sentence as a bench sitter
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:10:18 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
She may expire under Trump but she will not retire. The left will not just hand a liberal SCOTUS seat to Trump and the Rs.
View Quote
On the other hand, if RBG and Breyer retired the left would very likely react with violence.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:12:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I don’t think I ever laughed as hard in a theatre than at Weekend at Bernie’s, don’t ruin it for me!

She’s 85 and in poor health, but what does that mean anyway?

I think it will be interesting if she basically becomes unable to communicate and they are just wheeling her around.

People at that age are incredibly fragile and are not necessarily comfortable with normal activities that have you moving around or on a busy schedule.  I can see her retiring, or pulling a McCain.  Who knows!

Breyer is almost 80, but in good health

Thomas is 70, and probably has about the same number of years left on the court as Breyer.
View Quote
It all depends on the individual.

My grandmother is 86 and spry as ever even if her minds starting to slip a little. She's never been hospitalized, takes no medications and she can still run down the street barefoot after her fat little dog when it leaves the yard to chase a cat..........and she catches it. I saw it for myself one afternoon. Her mother lived on her own till the ripe old age of 103 years before passing in her sleep at home in her bed.

My other grandmother was in terrible shape and basically an invalid by the time she was in her early 70's.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:13:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
retire, die, vanish without a trace; whatever.

I'll take it any way it comes.
View Quote
Maybe she can be on vacation and podesta can email her gps location to someone saying he needs "a grand movie with "wet work" in the plot."  Then RBG can be found dead the next day with a pillow over her head, and they can bring in a coroner from 3 counties over to declare no foul play and immediately cremate without autopsy, despite it contrary to religious custom.

Nothing to see here!
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:14:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
She's 85 fucking years old.  One of you motherfuckers need to sneak up behind her with an air horn.
View Quote
Or shine a strobe light at her and send her into convulsive seizures. If we get lucky Sotomeyer will laugh so hard at the spectacle she'll choke on her sandwich.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:15:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
She was a fool not to retire under Obama if she wanted to be replaced with another liberal. Instead her hubris kept her there to retire under the first woman POTUS but instead she got Trump. I would have loved to have seen her face on election night when she realized that she's probably not going to live to see a woman POTUS.
View Quote
This.  She really fucked up.  I remember marveling at the midterms of Obama's last term at the incredible stupidity that was her decision not to retire.

It made zero sense whatsoever....especially with a conservative majority.  She knew she wouldn't be writing the majority opinions on any landmark decision, and still chose to stay.  I really can't believe they didn't try to push her out (maybe they did privately, but who knows).
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:18:34 PM EDT
[#48]
A broken hip is all it will take...........
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:19:46 PM EDT
[#49]
She's 85yo.  She will certainly retire, in some way or another, before 2024.
Link Posted: 6/29/2018 2:22:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Three new conservative SC Justices???

That will be historic if the President can pull it off.

If that happens we need a huge dillo fundraiser so NOLO can get some of these anti gun laws crushed!!!
View Quote

THREE!!!

HA HA HA
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top