BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 80
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

its not that bad, or at least not if you dont travel out of state much. I have lots of stamps and beyond the initial paperwork and wait I haven't had any difficulties.
View Quote
Meh.  Its worth the premium paid to not have to:
1) Ask for permission
2) Wait up to a year to get permission
3) In asking for permission, also grant permission for them to come by at ANY time to inspect it sans warrant
4) Be restricted in how it can be carried (aka - i can legally carry my AR pistol in the car, but could not an SBR)
5) Be restricted in how it can be used (many states allow pistol hunting, but wont allow an SBR to be used)
6) Be restricted in how it can be transferred (woo!  i can sell again without asking permission)
7) Fund an organization bent on restricting my rights as a citizen

Certainly am interested in this getup.  Not a fan of the buttstock, but if the "loophole" isn't related to that, maybe it would be legal to change it later..
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:01:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

I said VERTICALLY.
View Quote
Yup, just a really shitty font.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:02:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

1) Ask for permission
3) In asking for permission, also grant permission for them to come by at ANY time to inspect it sans warrant
4) Be restricted in how it can be carried (aka - i can legally carry my AR pistol in the car, but could not an SBR)
5) Be restricted in how it can be used (many states allow pistol hunting, but wont allow an SBR to be used)
6) Be restricted in how it can be transferred (woo!  i can sell again without asking permission)

Certainly am interested in this getup.  Not a fan of the buttstock, but if the "loophole" isn't related to that, maybe it would be legal to change it later..
View Quote
I believe your number three is incorrect.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:04:10 PM EDT
[#4]
This reminds me of the BadSelfEater thread

I hope its actually something cool, not a gay rimfire with rearward set barrel or something similar.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:06:39 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
According to the NFA an SBR is any firearm with a buttstock that has a rifled barrel of less than sixteen inches, or an overall length of less than twenty six inches. The total length is measured in the extended position.

If this is the correct verbiage of the ATF, then the key word in all of that is "OR".

The barrel  is less than 16 inches, but the overall length when stock is fully extended is over 26 inches which would keep it from being an SBR.  Right?

Just speculating
View Quote
Not a lawyer.  I read the actual law and that is my interpretation as well.

Kind of like Canada where a 12”barrel 870 over 26” oal with a buttstock is bear medicine where as in Alaska it would be a big bore handgun.

Hmmm.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:07:53 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

1) Ask for permission

View Quote
Number 3 is a myth. Number 6, you can sell it if you return it to a Non NFA configuration as you would any other firearm.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:17:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:20:16 PM EDT
[#8]
I am belong all your cookies!
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:20:32 PM EDT
[#9]
Has anyone paid attention to the background picture? Surely the use of a hammer might have something to do with the answer.... Sorry I'll put my tin foil hat away for now
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:28:01 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:32:05 PM EDT
[#11]
the background image is martin luther

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:35:04 PM EDT
[#12]
OK,  am starting to think this might be more than a troll job, fingers crossed.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:37:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Yeah the big ass "REFORMATION" at the top kinda gave that away
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:37:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Someone on TFB pointed out that a muzzleloader would be GTG in this configuration.  So fingers crossed it's not that.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:40:11 PM EDT
[#15]
I want the silencer loop hole. Fucking assholes like us to cause hearing damage for no good reason
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:41:44 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
My biggest question is mow much more are they going to sell this for versus a normal SBR and $200 stamp?  Because lol buying a $500 gimmick trigger so you dont have to buy a $200 stamp or just use a "pistol brace wink wink" is pretty fucking dumb.
View Quote
There's a little more to it than that. I live in Illinois but own property in Missouri where my range is. Wouldn't want to have to write a letter every time I went to the range. Also not everybody has a CLEO that will sign off on a SBR in their state laws even allow for it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:43:13 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
There's a little more to it than that. I live in Illinois but own property in Missouri where my range is. Wouldn't want to have to write a letter every time I went to the range. Also not everybody has a CLEO that will sign off on a SBR in their state laws even allow for it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My biggest question is mow much more are they going to sell this for versus a normal SBR and $200 stamp?  Because lol buying a $500 gimmick trigger so you dont have to buy a $200 stamp or just use a "pistol brace wink wink" is pretty fucking dumb.
CLEO don't sign anymore
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:43:47 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Someone on TFB pointed out that a muzzleloader would be GTG in this configuration.  So fingers crossed it's not that.
View Quote
If it is, it could have an integrally suppressed barrel with no tax stamp required too.

But what the hell would you do with an 11.5" muzzleloader?

I don't know what the secret is, but it's gotta be semi-auto, at least.  No way they would sell a muzzleloading AR.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:43:55 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
There is no more CLEO sign off.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:44:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Any patent search wizzes in around here?
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:45:00 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You say that, but there is far more hassle with NFA firearms than the initial paperwork. Transportation, storage, access, transfer... it’s a pain for life.
View Quote
Stamp collectors hate this kind of stuff. They hate braces, they hate bump stocks, they hate binary triggers.

Go look in any thread about such items and you'll find guys with lots of NFA stuff poopooing them. They don't like that others enjoy the same thing without jumping through hoops and getting a permission slip.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:45:21 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View Quote
No it wouldn't.  It uses firearm receivers so it wouldn't get the antique firearm exemption.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:45:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
CMMG was supposed to come out with a muzzleloader upper several years ago, I don't think it ever went into production though
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:47:30 PM EDT
[#24]
26 U.S. Code § 5845

(c) Rifle
The term “rifle” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed cartridge to fire only a single projectile through a rifled bore for each single pull of the trigger, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire a fixed cartridge.

(d) Shotgun
The term “shotgun” means a weapon designed or redesigned, made or remade, and intended to be fired from the shoulder and designed or redesigned and made or remade to use the energy of the explosive in a fixed shotgun shell to fire through a smooth bore either a number of projectiles (ball shot) or a single projectile for each pull of the trigger, and shall include any such weapon which may be readily restored to fire a fixed shotgun shell.
View Quote
DISCLAIMER: I don't believe this to be the method they're using -- as the trigger group appears to be their standard binary trigger...

How about an inverted trigger break? The gun doesn't fire on the pull, but rather on the release. It'd certainly be trying to shoot it, but that seems capable of escaping the definitions, given the allowance and functionality of the binary triggers.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
CLEO don't sign anymore
View Quote
When did that change and what is the process now then?
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:50:43 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

DISCLAIMER: I don't believe this to be the method they're using -- as the trigger group appears to be their standard binary trigger...

How about an inverted trigger break? The gun doesn't fire on the pull, but rather on the release. It'd certainly be trying to shoot it, but that seems capable of escaping the definitions, given the allowance and functionality of the binary triggers.
View Quote
Franklin released that around the same time as the original BFS, it's called the RFS trigger "Release Firing System".

https://www.franklinarmory.com/blogs/news/tagged/rfs
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:52:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Also not everybody has a CLEO that will sign off on a SBR in their state laws even allow for it.
View Quote
CLEO sign off?
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:52:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Franklin released that around the same time as the original BFS, it's called the RFS trigger "Release Firing System".

https://www.franklinarmory.com/blogs/news/tagged/rfs
View Quote
Haha, damnit, so simply named, yet my google-fu failed me... makes me wonder if that'd escape the definitions if it were the only option available instead of being a multi-mode operation.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:53:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Meh. I already have SBRs, pistols, cans, and Geissele/LaRue triggers. Franklin can take this thing and shove it up their asses, along with their corny fucking binary trigger.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:53:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Already been posted many many times in this thread.  As well as a trigger that doesn't fire until you pull the trigger 2x, which some believe could even go full auto after the second pull without being illegal.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:54:57 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Stamp collectors hate this kind of stuff. They hate braces, they hate bump stocks, they hate binary triggers.

Go look in any thread about such items and you'll find guys with lots of NFA stuff poopooing them. They don't like that others enjoy the same thing without jumping through hoops and getting a permission slip.
View Quote
As someone who is about to get his first SBR stamp back in the next week and purchased a M11/9, 2 months ago I am all for the bumpstocks, Binary Triggers and arm braces. They all have their place. Wanting a FA binary trigger for my recently submitted SBR 22lr pistol with kak brace.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:55:01 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
CLEO don't sign anymore
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
CLEO don't sign anymore
And you can get your 5320.20s for a whole year's time, din't Need a new one for every trip.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:57:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View Quote
I have a bunch of stamps, and some with braces, rather than stocks.  Each has pluses and minuses, and I don't mind the innovations.  Hell, I'm a fan of poking holes in the NFA.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 1:59:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Did some digging and found this patent.

Therefore, a need exists for a new and improved semi-automatic rimfire rifle that converts a semi-automatic rifle from a centerfire caliber to a rimfire caliber while retaining the rifle's original fire control group and lower receiver. In this regard, the various embodiments of the present invention substantially fulfill at least some of these needs. In this respect, the semi-automatic rimfire rifle according to the present invention substantially departs from the conventional concepts and designs of the prior art, and in doing so provides an apparatus primarily developed for the purpose of providing a semi-automatic rimfire rifle that converts a semi-automatic rifle from a centerfire caliber to a rimfire caliber while retaining the rifle's original fire control group and lower receiver.
View Quote
Could be a rimfire that fires using the rifle's original FCG and lower?
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:01:57 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:02:28 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
And you can get your 5320.20s for a whole year's time, din't Need a new one for every trip.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
CLEO don't sign anymore
When I knew I would be moving across the country, but not exactly when, I got a 5320.20 for a year.   In 2008.  
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:02:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Meh. I already have SBRs, pistols, cans, and Geissele/LaRue triggers. Franklin can take this thing and shove it up their asses, along with their corny fucking binary trigger.
View Quote
CSB
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:03:57 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:04:55 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:  CMMG was supposed to come out with a muzzleloader upper several years ago, I don't think it ever went into production though
View Quote
Not CMMG:  http://tridentarmory.com/index.php?route=information/information&information_id=9
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:07:19 PM EDT
[#40]
Iambecomefent
Lol
@doc_zox
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:07:53 PM EDT
[#41]
How NOT to make a Pull and Release Trigger!
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:09:26 PM EDT
[#42]
This was on ARFCOM's default page when I refreshed:

Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:11:39 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
This was on ARFCOM's default page when I refreshed:

https://www.ar15.com/images/main/brownells/1951_Brownells-400x470-180111.JPG
View Quote
Binary triggers aren't exactly new.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:15:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes, the ATF used to allow some pistols to have collapsible stocks if pinned or welded in the closed position.

However, it is ruled on a case-by-case variance, and the modularity of the AR platform would make it problematic.
View Quote
Yes, but they allowed the sig brace to go to market, so anything is possible!
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:18:10 PM EDT
[#45]
What's that thingy in between the selector and the rear qd cup?

Almost looks like it rides in a groove in that upper. Maybe something off of the bcg that gets tripped by your thumb? Just a smudge of dirt?

ETA: checked another pic. Just a shadow. Carry on with ridiculous postulations.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:22:32 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Almost looks like it rides in a groove in that upper. Maybe something off of the bcg that gets tripped by your thumb? Just a smudge of dirt?
View Quote
It's the Fucking takedown pin.

Jesus H Christ the derp in here is rampant.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:23:46 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
CLEO don't sign anymore
When 41F happened. You no longer need to ask permission but there is a form to notify them that you have the NFA item.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:24:15 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Any patent search wizzes in around here?
View Quote
Knock yourself out:

Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:28:37 PM EDT
[#49]
With the martin luther revelation, it's  obvious they found a religious loophole. If you join their cult,  you can not be regulated due to the first amendment.

Anything goes.
Link Posted: 1/12/2018 2:29:04 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Man, you sure take your Interneting seriously.
Page / 80
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top