Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:51:31 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
It sure doesn't protect staying in hotels with hicap mags. lol get his gun back, he'll be lucky if charges aren't filed
View Quote
You got that ny attitude my man "hi cap magazines" you really mean the one that was designed for the gun.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:51:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Okay charge him with reckless endangerment for leaving a loaded gun on a hotel room, you know it was loaded.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Magazine capacity law was placed on hold in court recently in CA

https://www.sandiegouniontribune.com/news/courts/sd-me-magazine-ruling-20180717-story.html
Okay charge him with reckless endangerment for leaving a loaded gun on a hotel room, you know it was loaded.
If it was in the room safe he might have better legal grounds. The bigger issue is what city/county because it’s the local ordinances that will be the issue. Also all those people that say LEO’s will never enforce stupid laws like this on the books, hotel rooms are considered a temporary residence. It should be treated as property and returned..
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:52:28 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Sounds like your friend is a real dumbass.

He doesn't even know the model of his firearm?
View Quote
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:52:45 AM EDT
[#4]
He'll be fine..

But he should get a lawyer.

He's obviously not smart enough to navigate this situation.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:54:36 AM EDT
[#5]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:54:39 AM EDT
[#6]
Ok so our guy has a little reprieve now, the gun is apparently legal in the state, he should just call the nra to protect his rights right? That is what they do?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:55:17 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:He said he's not sure of the model
View Quote
What?  Only people I know that carry guns but don’t the model are cops and bangers, if he is a cop he will probably be ok.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:55:54 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Ok so our guy has a little reprieve now, the gun is apparently legal in the state, he should just call the nra to protect his rights right? That is what they do?
View Quote
One of the reasons I’m a USCCA member, I would just pickup the phone and call them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:56:06 AM EDT
[#9]
One of my old girlfriends was a manager at a big hotel chain.  People were always leaving guns behind and many of them were cops.

The panic phone calls or the race up to the front door was always coming hours after they left.  They would just have their security dept. put the guns in a safe and try to contact the guest.

Only later on with no response would they turn it over to the police.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:56:16 AM EDT
[#10]
Sad.  This shouldnt be a problem.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:56:34 AM EDT
[#11]
Your friend sounds very stupid but at the same time FUCK CALIFORNIA. I wish him luck.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:56:37 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
"I'll call it a sporting utility rifle and standard capacity magazines , that'll stop them." Lol good luck
View Quote
Do you ever just drive into Pennsylvania to smell what freedom is like?(for now)
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:57:12 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I woke up to a series of panicked text messages from a friend who's working in California. He left his Glock in a hotel room. He called them to ask if they found it. They did and they turned it into the police. He said he's not sure of the model, but it holds more than 10 rounds. I know, lawyer and all that, but he's pretty stressed over it, doesn't know what to do, and asked me to ask online since it's the weekend and the middle of the night for him.
View Quote
Seriously?

Not to sound like a dick, but is your friend elderly or does he suffer from some issue that causes him to be forgetful because I really don't understand how either one of these can happen to a responsible person.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:58:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Useable fingerprints on handguns are a movie and TV thing for the most part.
View Quote
But magazines are another story.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:58:44 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 8:59:37 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:02:11 AM EDT
[#18]
It's just a Glock. Cheap enough to replace. If he isn't in California anymore, write it off and replace it.  No way in hell I would try and fight it in CA.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:02:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:06:43 AM EDT
[#20]
If he was still working there, then was he still checked in to that room?  If so, it's his place of residence and he has every right to possess a firearm in his own place of residence.  He has an expectation of privacy, and all that.  As long as the gun is on the list, and as long as the magazine ban isn't being enforced yet, then he should be all right.  Correct?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:06:51 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Stupid is as stupid does. Hope he gets jail time over it.
At least some kid didn’t find it and shoot himself or someone else.  
View Quote
I hope this is sarcasm.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:09:39 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:10:03 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ideally, he'd be on his way out of the state right now.
View Quote
Can he make it to the coast? It will be too risky to travel overland to any neighboring borders. If he can make it to the ocean (and he has enough cash) he may be able find passage on a small private vessel heading to Asia. Unfortunately, it looks like his life in the USA is over.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:10:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
What to do if you left illegal contraband in a hotel? Lol I hope he's no longer in California. Shut the fuck up and call a lawyer Monday
View Quote
If you leave behind prohibited items it’s probably best to just write them off. The cost of the firearm is probably cheaper than the legal battle.

He could theoretically report it stolen to his local PD and hope that California returns it to them.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:10:31 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:11:19 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
One of my old girlfriends was a manager at a big hotel chain.  People were always leaving guns behind and many of them were cops.

The panic phone calls or the race up to the front door was always coming hours after they left.  They would just have their security dept. put the guns in a safe and try to contact the guest.

Only later on with no response would they turn it over to the police.
View Quote
Most likely the weapon has "disappeared" already..... "turned over"....
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:12:27 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
No, I like hunting with semi autos and buying my booze at the grocery store, comrade.
View Quote
You’ll be happy to know you can now hunt some things with semi autos and buy some booze at grocery stores in PA.  Unfortunately our gun laws will be like yours soon enough.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:13:41 AM EDT
[#28]
I know a guy that knows a guy that said that when he travels with a weapon he takes a weapon that he bought in a private sale from some guy in a parking lot so that he can just walk away from it if things get fucky.

"No, no, no your honor.  What I asked the hotel operator was if they had found "A" gun in the room that I was in because I had found it in the room when I was hurriedly packing up to leave - tucked deep in the mattress, waaaayyyyyy up in the back of the closet under the spare blanket/pillow, under the bed (pick one) and in the rush to get to the airport I had forgotten to turn in this found item to the front desk.  I just wanted to make sure that it was in safe hands.  Fortunately no one was hurt when it was found and turned into police."
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:14:16 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
He'll be fine..

View Quote
Maybe he's more clever than we realize and the whole "I don't know what model gun it was" is part of his preparations for a "temporary insanity" defense.

Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:17:10 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
A guy from out of state stayed in Ithaca, NY, probably his kids go to Cornell. He left his illegal handgun in a hotel then went back for it. He was arrested.
View Quote

If only he had gone to a port of entry and filed the proper paperwork.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:18:04 AM EDT
[#31]
He should just forget about the gun. No further contact with the hotel, don't talk to the police. Just move on.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:18:50 AM EDT
[#32]
It always amazes me how people "leave their sidearm" here or there.

Uh, how does one walk out of a room without their pecker?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:20:16 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Can he make it to the coast? It will be too risky to travel overland to any neighboring borders. If he can make it to the ocean (and he has enough cash) he may be able find passage on a small private vessel heading to Asia. Unfortunately, it looks like his life in the USA is over.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You serious Clark?
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:21:41 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Stupid is as stupid does. Hope he gets jail time over it.
At least some kid didn’t find it and shoot himself or someone else.  
View Quote

Please tell me you are a transplant from a liberal douche hole and not a native Missourian.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:22:13 AM EDT
[#35]
I fucking sad that this is even an issue at all. How far we've fallen
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:23:19 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Maybe he's more clever than we realize and the whole "I don't know what model gun it was" is part of his preparations for a "temporary insanity" defense.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He'll be fine..

Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:23:44 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You serious Clark?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
You serious Clark?
I hear Honduras is having a problem with population decline.  Thats a viable option as well...
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:23:55 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:24:15 AM EDT
[#39]
write the gun gun off as a lose,  dont answer unknown calls,

In the event that you get a letter, claim that you are a Clinton and ensure that there was no intent and or plead the Fif.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:26:35 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
You're hard core!  

Kids screaming, wife's bitching, work is on the phone, maybe a fire alarm going off.

Shit happens in the real world.   Sometimes it is suboptimal shit.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:27:24 AM EDT
[#41]
Screw New York, never go or visit commie states.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:27:46 AM EDT
[#42]
If he is an illegal, he can just claim he “found it there” like that guy in San Fran.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:28:58 AM EDT
[#43]
So wait i can’t take my AZ legal gun to CA with me on vacation?  Even if it’s secured like they want?

Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:29:11 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
You're hard core!  

Kids screaming, wife's bitching, work is on the phone, maybe a fire alarm going off.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're hard core!  

I still don't get it.

I've been in situations where there are lots of distractions, and never forgot anything.

Than again, I tend to be O.C.D. and it's not uncommon for me to double and triple check that I've gotten everything I need.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:29:57 AM EDT
[#45]
Keep track of your shit and you don't have these problems.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:31:36 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I still don't get it.

I've been in situations where there are lots of distractions, and never forgot anything.

Than again, I tend to be O.C.D. and it's not uncommon for me to double and triple check that I've gotten everything I need.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're hard core!  

I still don't get it.

My super model wife usually does the final sweep.  
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:32:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:39:21 AM EDT
[#48]
So what if he had to use that gun to save his life?  He would still be fucked because he is a dumbass for not reading up on laws where he is traveling to.  I know, complete BS for a fucking right guaranteed by the US Constution.   But absent minded leaving guns in hotel room, not knowing what model he even owns?  This is the kind of person that gives gun owners a bad name.   OP, send your friend a rubber band gun and tell him this is all he deserves because moron.
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:40:47 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're hard core!  

I still don't get it.

You should know the rules by now
Link Posted: 12/30/2018 9:41:20 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Well don't worry you won't catch up with NY anytime soon. We'll have all kinds of new guns laws starting next month.
View Quote
I wouldn't worry about it, you live upstate where no one will enforce them.
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top