User Panel

Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 4:50:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Jumping Jehoshaphat
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:23:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Jeebus! Was the buttcheek able to be reattached?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:26:16 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Jeebus! Was the buttcheek able to be reattached?
View Quote
He won't talk about the butt. I've stopped harassing him.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:27:18 PM EDT
[#4]
Damn.  Gonna take months of rehab to learn to twerk again
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:27:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Apparently it was a tumble down the hill and mower chasing her type of thing. Hit her a couple three time while still running.
View Quote
That sounds terrible.  Hope she recovers soon.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:28:55 PM EDT
[#6]
Disabling the deadman switch on the seat is tempting but dumb... for this very reason.
Crocs are bad too, but that blade could have cut through any footwear other than a steel toed safety boot.

Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:33:50 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

IIRC you need either the big toe or all four little toes on a foot to be able to walk with stability.  

Kharn
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man!!!  I'm VERY glad the injuries weren't worse, though they're still pretty bad.  I hope she heals up quickly.  I wonder how much the loss of the big toe will effect her walking.  

I use an old push mower to do the angled front lawn at my Moms place, and always am wary as I push it uphill on a couple of spots to go around a couple of trees, and to stand behind it to do the edge of the yard at the ditch.  The older neighbors used to come and use their riders to do the lawn for mom when she wasn't able to do it anymore with her push mower, but they were not crazy about the angle of the yard, and said they felt like they were going to topple their riders off in to the ditch and stopped doing it.  I never mow when the grass is even a little damp, as I've slipped before on wet grass (thankfully not while mowing) and your feet go out from under you quickly.  

I think it's time for me to get a good rechargeable weed eater to do the ditch edge and around the trees and cut back on the unsafe practices.

I almost broke my big toe in college in a bike accident.  It hurt like hell to walk on but not using it made walking difficult.  That big toe does a lot for stability

IIRC you need either the big toe or all four little toes on a foot to be able to walk with stability.  

Kharn

I forget what book it was in the Old Testament but there’s a story of the Israelites cutting both big toes off of a captured king. Basically it kept him from escaping.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:34:34 PM EDT
[#8]
Walking won't ever be the same, that really sucks OP.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:38:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Well this was and wasn’t a half-assed accident?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:41:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Trust a woman to half-ass a common household chore.
View Quote

Haaaaahahahahaha
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:47:27 PM EDT
[#11]

That sucks, but it's good that it wasn't worse, especially given tipping a rider over, and having it tumble overtop of her.

My brother got the end of his toe and toenail mowing the local cemetery as a favor when he was a teenager. He was using a push mower, it got stuck for a minute and he yanked it backwards, and it rode overtop of his sneaker. His toe is still flat on the front 30 years later.

I wonder if she'll get a prosthetic of some sort, losing your big toe has to affect your balance.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:50:44 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Knowing this guy, it was a jury rigged old mower. I can try to get more details of exactly why the mower continued to attack, but he basically lives in a junk yard and "makes" shit all the time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Still running or just freewheeling?
Really old mower or somebody overrode the dead man switch?

Knowing this guy, it was a jury rigged old mower. I can try to get more details of exactly why the mower continued to attack, but he basically lives in a junk yard and "makes" shit all the time.

Hope he doesn't work at the Nuke plant with you
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:54:29 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Ummm, about that, we often wonder how he passes the psych test, but he do.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 6:55:39 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Apparently it was a tumble down the hill and mower chasing her type of thing. Hit her a couple three time while still running.
View Quote

rider or walk behind? did she have safety shut offs defeated?
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:02:50 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
My neighbor was riding his mower with his grandson on his lap. Somehow the kid fell off and went under the blades. Lost a leg and his genitals.
View Quote

Did your neighbor ccommit suicide because I think I would
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:04:18 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Down hill can be pretty bad too
Either holding it back as you walk in front of it or walk behind
You slip and the mower run into you, or slip and your foot slides under the deck
There's a chance you don't let go of the dead man grip clutch to lock up the blade, or it just doesn't shut down that fast

And it's not just crocks, but any smooth soled shoe. Really anything short of golf spikes and even then
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Don't push your mower up hill, ever.

Down hill can be pretty bad too
Either holding it back as you walk in front of it or walk behind
You slip and the mower run into you, or slip and your foot slides under the deck
There's a chance you don't let go of the dead man grip clutch to lock up the blade, or it just doesn't shut down that fast

And it's not just crocks, but any smooth soled shoe. Really anything short of golf spikes and even then
That's what happened to my cousin, lost the second toe on his right foot. I've mowed that hill with that same push mower a ton of times, and I never went up/down, always side to side.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:05:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
One reason I like my electric mower. If I let go of the handle, the blade stops pretty much immediately
View Quote
Gas mowers have also been made that way as least as far back as the 90's.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 7:06:22 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't push your mower up hill, ever.
View Quote

Quite the opposite for me. Every time I’ve slipped towards a mower it was from the uphill side.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:28:10 PM EDT
[#19]
I had a close call with the radio controlled mower I built, thank God for steel toes!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:29:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Damn...
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:33:27 PM EDT
[#21]
Damn should of just chopped up the rest too. Those are some ugly ass, long, Meghan Markel toes

I use a 22" Toro personal pace push mower. I don't see how this could of happened unless they disabled the safety. My property is on a big slope and I've never once come close to cutting off any of my extremities.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:37:34 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is this him?

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:38:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Ouch. I’ll admit I’ve mowed in flip flops before
View Quote

I can’t even remember the last time that I mowed in anything besides Crocs. Maybe I should rethink my choices.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 8:42:04 PM EDT
[#24]
I've got a walk behind brush mower, something I've very conscious of is taking it down steep hills, I imagine my feet slipping out from under me and my feet sliding right underneath the mower.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:08:41 PM EDT
[#25]
Sounds like she did a half assed job.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:09:48 PM EDT
[#26]
OW FUCK!!!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:20:48 PM EDT
[#27]
I haven't seen the photo, but when I mow the lawn, I wear some steel toed shoes and a plastic face/eye protector, you never know what flying particles will hit you.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:21:56 PM EDT
[#28]
WTF!
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:23:11 PM EDT
[#29]
With a push mower? Sorry not looking at pics.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:33:28 PM EDT
[#30]
That's going to make for a really weird foot job.

But I'm up to trying it.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:39:16 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I think SHE was tumbling. I have a text out for more info.
View Quote

That's no joke.

Many years ago, I was mowing the lawn and the grass in one area was still a bit wet. I ran it over with the lawnmower and was pulling it back while back-stepping up the hill, slipped and realized that the possibility of my foot sliding under the lawnmower was now a reality. I never rushed to mow the lawn after that. Slow and steady.
Link Posted: 5/27/2022 11:39:31 PM EDT
[#32]
wow thats gnarly
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:03:30 PM EDT
[#33]
@JustinU235

OP, as much as this sucks for your wife's friend, I thank you for sharing.  I am about to have my eldest mow the lawn for the first time and we I am going to share this with him as a real life example of what could happen if we do not pay attention to what we are doing.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:11:40 PM EDT
[#34]
There’s a reason I wear my steel toe boots, pants, and safety glasses when I mow and weedeat.  I can put on shorts and drink a beer when I’m finished.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:14:24 PM EDT
[#35]
Tough lesson to learn, where those safety boots.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:15:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
@JustinU235

OP, as much as this sucks for your wife's friend, I thank you for sharing.  I am about to have my eldest mow the lawn for the first time and we I am going to share this with him as a real life example of what could happen if we do not pay attention to what we are doing.
View Quote

In alot of things a little stop and think , about the wildest ( what could happen) worst case if you do something this way can possibly happen.  

Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:31:00 PM EDT
[#37]
I thought Cheeky tarts r from England
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:33:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

what kind of mower doesn't shut off instantly, when you let go of the handle, or get up off the seat? you didn't bypass the shut-off, for "convenience" did you?
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:34:57 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
There’s a reason I wear my steel toe boots, pants, and safety glasses when I mow and weedeat.  I can put on shorts and drink a beer when I’m finished.
View Quote

No ear pro, hardhat, chaps and safety vest?

It’s your funeral.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 5:51:27 PM EDT
[#40]
Pics of Butt cheeks?
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 6:26:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Happened to a friend in high school. Another dude ran over his foot with a push mower. Blade went in and took out toes #4&5 and all the bones behind them. Left the skin. The surgeon said he couldn't have done a better job. Flushed the would put and stitched him up with the leftover flaps of skin. He has a plastic prosthesis he has to put in his shoe to fill out the empty space.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 6:29:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
One reason I like my electric mower. If I let go of the handle, the blade stops pretty much immediately

The problem is if you fall you tighten your grip. I've come pretty damned close on a hill when it was beginning to rain and I was rushing to finish. Scared the hell out of me. Side to side since then.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 6:31:17 PM EDT
[#43]
I bet that is right smart today….ouch.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 6:35:57 PM EDT
[#44]
I'm just here for the butt cheek.
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 6:37:27 PM EDT
[#45]
She'll be fine. A fellow designated marksman fell in a ditch and blew his big toe off with an M14. Rubber toe seemed to work pretty good..
Link Posted: 5/29/2022 6:38:38 PM EDT
[#46]
My wife and 12-year old daughter take turns mowing.

I bought them steel toe boots and make them use them.

You can bet your ass I'm showing them this thread.
Page / 4
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top