BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 60
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:21:38 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
My initial thought is good shoot. Fuck green shirt guy. Don't bring your custody dispute on another man's property, trespass when told to leave, and then get agressive.
View Quote

I disagree. Guy was there to pick up his kid. Ex wife/mom was playing fuck fuck games. Guy wanted his kid when his time was scheduled.

Dipshit with the rifle will now be enjoying a lot of prison sex.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:22:01 PM EDT
[#2]
There is too much white knight beta cuckoldry to unpack.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:22:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if your child, who you have legal custody of is taken to another’s mans property, what is your suggestion to do?

Wait for the court to figure it out?

Yes.

This is the right and smart way to do it.

Would any father want to go scorched earth? Absolutely. But it ain’t worth it. As we have seen.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:24:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Yes.
View Quote

My problem with this entire thing lies with the jacked up family courts we have. They are the main cause of this IMHO.

They wouldn’t do Jack shit to that woman and probably made his life harder a long the way. But I’m reading into this story too much.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:24:16 PM EDT
[#5]
Bad shoot

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:25:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Maybe it is but do you really want to kill someone over this clownshoes bullshit?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
My initial thought is good shoot. Fuck green shirt guy. Don't bring your custody dispute on another man's property, trespass when told to leave, and then get agressive.
Maybe it is but do you really want to kill someone over this clownshoes bullshit?
No, and that's why I would never date a single mom who's ex is still alive. But that doesn't make it okay fuck with someone else because your ex is breaking whatever custody agreement there is. Take it to court. Going on someone's property unwelcomed and getting in their face is how people get shot oh well.

The shooter will probably go to jail, and it was probably a bad decision to bring out the gun. But in the context of the Twitter video I don't think he did anything morally wrong.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:26:40 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

So if your child, who you have legal custody of is taken to another's mans property, what is your suggestion to do?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if your child, who you have legal custody of is taken to another's mans property, what is your suggestion to do?

Well arguing with the man holding a gun definitely isn't the right choice.

This appears to be a case of a dumbass running into asshole. Now the courts have to decide who is the dumbass and who is the asshole.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:27:39 PM EDT
[#8]
Well Mr green shirt.... now yoos can't leave.

Don't know Texas law but Mr green shirt was within the curtilage ..... Without knowing all the details there appears have also been a ongoing dispute.

I will reserve my opinion as to guilt or innocence until further information has been obtained.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:29:30 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If my child's mother is with them and is breaking the custody agreement, then yeah. Go to court and sue for full custody.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:30:06 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Chance of shooter dude still getting his dick sucked by the babymama chick is greatly reduced now.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Chance of shooter dude still getting his dick sucked by the babymama chick is greatly reduced now.

Yeah, that's how it goes when you have served your purpose.

His chances of life fucked up and maybe going to prison is greatly increased.

I bet she never even gave him anal. Well, lucky for him...
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:35:43 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
No, and that's why I would never date a single mom who's ex is still alive. But that doesn't make it okay fuck with someone else because your ex is breaking whatever custody agreement there is. Take it to court. Going on someone's property unwelcomed and getting in their face is how people get shot oh well.

The shooter will probably go to jail, and it was probably a bad decision to bring out the gun. But in the context of the Twitter video I don't think he did anything morally wrong.
View Quote
Stay out of it, call the police and let the guy gas out screaming and doing the retarded monkey dance.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:38:16 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

I lean toward agreeing for the most part, but not entirely.

Green shirt guy was the asshole first. Had no right to be there, was acting aggressively, was asked to leave multiple times, and instead escalated it by getting in the other guy's face.

Black shirt armed himself when he felt the now aggressive green shirt was NOT going to leave, and would only continue to escalate it.

I didn't like the warning shot fired into the ground, but until that point green shirt was the aggressor and black shirt was the defender.

Green shirt was in the wrong the entire time, and was also far into the stupid when he tried to disarm black shirt of his firearm, on his property where he remained, against black shirt's will and against several lawful orders to leave. Trying to take his gun away is.... deadly force. He initiated a duel, and lost. And he did it as the asshole, where he had no right to be.

I don't recognize a duty to retreat from someone attacking you on your own property.

He got what he spent so much time and effort asking for. I would not convict on murder or manslaughter. Perhaps reckless endangerment for the warning shot.

The PCC was amazingly effective.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:40:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Told him to get off the property, dude bowed up and made violent physical contact plus a threat and ignored a warning shot. Muvfukker earned that shit and Texas rules are probably going to see it that way. Not a situation I'd drill someone for but I don't hold it against the guy given the rules in Texas about people not respecting a clear and immediate invitation to leave private property. FAFO is the rules in Texas.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:41:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Leaning that he will walk on this one:

Dead guy was clearly told to leave the property, and instead of leaving he dared the shooter to use the gun, then tried to grab it from him.  Shooter at that point was committing no crime, unlike the dead guy who is now trespassing.  Grabbing the gun is enough to potentially justify deadly force.  Straight legal argument, no feelings on who is dumb (everyone) or anything else.  

When someone tells you to leave their property, do it.  Don’t try to fight them, take their gun, etc...

Who is right/wrong about child custody at this point means less than zero.  

Dead guy should have gone back to his car, got off the property, and waited for police to arrive (who would likely tell him to pound sand, take it up with the court, etc.  LE does not enforce child custody agreements except via a writ of assistance from the court saying take the kid from person A and give kid to person B).

But dead guy decided he was gonna call the shooter’s bluff....how did that work out?

Not saying the shooter was smart either, just that he has better legal standing.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:43:51 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Green shirt guy was the asshole first. Had no right to be there, was acting aggressively, was asked to leave multiple times, and instead escalated it by getting in the other guy's face.

Black shirt armed himself when he felt the now aggressive green shirt was NOT going to leave, and would only continue to escalate it.

I didn't like the warning shot fired into the ground, but until that point green shirt was the aggressor and black shirt was the defender.

Green shirt was in the wrong the entire time, and was also far into the stupid when he tried to disarm black shirt of his firearm, on his property where he remained, against black shirt's will and against several lawful orders to leave. Trying to take his gun away is.... deadly force. He initiated a duel, and lost. And he did it as the asshole, where he had no right to be.

I don't recognize a duty to retreat from someone attacking you on your own property.

He got what he spent so much time and effort asking for. I would not convict on murder or manslaughter. Perhaps reckless endangerment for the warning shot.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Bringing out the gun was a dumb thing to do legally, and he might pay for it. But starting a fight with someone on their property because your ex is being a bitch is also a dumb thing to do, legally and consequencally.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:45:09 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Yes, it is.  I think yours doesn't say burglary but says something about unlawfully forcing and entering which is similar.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is that Texas law?  It's not like that here.  That's why I asked what are the duty to retreat laws like.  It has nothing to do with "burglary" here.
Yes, it is.  I think yours doesn't say burglary but says something about unlawfully forcing and entering which is similar.

Refusing to leave when asked is 3rd degree burglary.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:45:49 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Dead guy was clearly told to leave the property, and instead of leaving he dared the shooter to use the gun, then tried to grab it from him.  Shooter at that point was committing no crime, unlike the dead guy who is now trespassing.  Grabbing the gun is enough to potentially justify deadly force.  Straight legal argument, no feelings on who is dumb (everyone) or anything else.  

When someone tells you to leave their property, do it.  Don't try to fight them, take their gun, etc...

Dead guy should have gone back to his car, got off the property, and waited for police to arrive (who would likely tell him to pound sand, take it up with the court, etc.  LE does not enforce child custody agreements except via a writ of assistance from the court saying take the kid from person A and give kid to person B).

But dead guy decided he was gonna call the shooter's bluff....how did that work out?

Not saying the shooter was smart either, just that he has better legal standing.

View Quote
The real winner in this is the mom. No more dropping the kid off at 3:15.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:48:44 PM EDT
[#20]
It seemed crazy to me they actually continued their argument immediately afterwards while the guy’s body layed there on the porch. Didn’t even skip a beat.

That’s like some ultimate Karen shit.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:49:27 PM EDT
[#21]
I lean toward the shooter being legal.  Not sure it was a good idea.  But the additional drama from extras will make this a difficult one to judge for sure until all evidence is presented.  Green shirt does appear to be the aggressor.  But that could depend on custody agreement and the mother playing stupid games. If it was the shooters property I would think he had every right to expect green shirt to leave.

It is a mess no matter what.

Trying wrap my ahead around no one immediately doing first aid.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:49:45 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

When someone tells you to leave their property, do it.  Don't try to fight them, take their gun, etc...

But dead guy decided he was gonna call the shooter's bluff....how did that work out?

I swear girls do this kind of shit on purpose because they like it when guys fight over them. It just seems to happen way too often in every walk of life.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:56:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Even by Texas standards, this looks really really bad for the shooter.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looks like a good shoot. The shooter appeared to be in fear for his life and the "victim" stood in his path of retreat back into his residence. I don't see how this could have played out any differently.

Even by Texas standards, this looks really really bad for the shooter.

California standards, the shooter would be in jail.  His mistakes are coming out of his house armed, and pressed the confrontation, armed with an AR, and white.  His saving grace is the guy he shot is white but DA offices here would be looking to put the shooter away.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 7:59:22 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:06:59 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I lean toward the shooter being legal.  Not sure it was a good idea.  But the additional drama from extras will make this a difficult one to judge for sure until all evidence is presented.  Green shirt does appear to be the aggressor.  But that could depend on custody agreement and the mother playing stupid games. If it was the shooters property I would think he had every right to expect green shirt to leave.

It is a mess no matter what.

Trying wrap my ahead around no one immediately doing first aid.
View Quote

Pretty much where I’m at. Wouldn’t surprise me one bit that the mother was intentionally fucking with her ex just for spite. But green shirt guy didn’t realize that sometimes you have to suck it up and lose a battle to win in the long run.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:10:13 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:14:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Would any father want to go scorched earth? Absolutely. But it ain’t worth it. As we have seen.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

So if your child, who you have legal custody of is taken to another’s mans property, what is your suggestion to do?

Yes.

As a father having gone through these same ex wife bullshit games, as hard as it is, yes, walk away, then document, document, document.  Then present it all in a nice clean tidy package to the family court judge.  Enough of these bad faith bullshit tactics and even the most man hating judge will have no choice but to rule in your favor.

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:18:52 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

I disagree. Guy was there to pick up his kid. Ex wife/mom was playing fuck fuck games. Guy wanted his kid when his time was scheduled.

View Quote

Except that this is Texas, our laws are different than what you're likely accustomed to, and he probably won't be enjoying any prison sex at all. There are good reasons why the DA declined prosecution in this case.

There is no duty to retreat here, and we have a fairly strong castle doctrine law that works pretty strongly in favor of property owners. This is the wrong state to do what Chad tried to do.

When you are ordered to leave someone's property and refuse to do so, you cross a legal line. When you then begin to behave aggressively and physically threaten the property owners, you cross another line. When you then try and wrestle a firearm away from one of those property owners, you've pretty much forfeited the race. There's no prize for second place, either.

There's nothing remotely illegal here about a property owner holding a firearm on their property, and certainly not when there's a potentially threatening person there who refuses to leave their property after being asked.

You can play hindsight games about what the shooter should or should not have done - he probably should have gone inside and called 911 - but there's no doubt at all about what Chad should have done: he should have left the property when the property owners told him to. If he wanted to get the kid, at that point he should have called the police and asked for their assistance in the transfer. Instead, he refused to leave when asked, became aggressive, and began to threaten the property owners. THAT is your escalation.

When someone tells you to get off of their property, get the fuck off of their property. This incident is a perfect example of how quickly things can go south when you refuse to heed that advice.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:20:32 PM EDT
[#29]
Everyone in that video is a retard.  Don't really give a shit about the outcome.  Human trash aint worth my time.

Had to laugh at the camera-lady's reaction though.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:24:14 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Per the widow:

Christina Read and Kyle Carruth have been engaged in an ongoing affair, despite Kyle Carruth being married. On October 30, 2021, Chad Read informed Christina Read that he had evidence of her affair with Kyle Carruth and that he was going to go public with it. On November 5, 2021, after 4:00 p.m., myself and my minor son were physically present when Chad Read met with Christina Read at Kyle Carruth’s residence at 2100 90th St, Lubbock, Texas. We were there to pick up Chad’s youngest son. Chad was supposed to have custody of the child beginning at 3:15pm, but Christina stated that, she “wanted to see him” as her excuse to why she had not produced the child as ordered by the court at the time required.

“I believe that Christina Read and Kyle Carruth engaged in a conspiracy to assault and/or murder Chad that day.”

-snip-

“During the assault and murder, Christina Read was calm and didn’t act surprised. She acted as though she knew what the plan was all along. She took no steps to stop Kyle Carruth from murdering Chad. following the assault and murder, Christina Read continued to remain calm, she didn’t react, and she continued to record Chad as he laid there dying. Christina read did not take any steps to render aid to Chad.”

https://www.fox34.com/2021/11/24/attorney-chad-reads-widow-files-petition-take-custody-his-children-their-mother-releases-video-shooting/

View Quote

Adultery has some legal implications in certain states. Outdated and dumb, but it is what it is. What is Texas law on that?
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:24:32 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Some advice for yor guys and gals dating someone with a kid.

If the bio-parents are fussing, stay the fuck out of it, unless it get's physical, they fucked, made a kid and are now doing whatever it is they are doing. Not your shit.

If your BF/GF insists on you getting involved in it over verbal bullshit, EJECT!

I don't care if they using terms like, whore, bastard, bitch, mother fucker etc, stay the fuck out of it.
View Quote

True story. Unless they start smacking the kid in front of you, it is not your problem.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:32:58 PM EDT
[#32]
that dumb mfer going to prison 4EVER

Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:33:22 PM EDT
[#33]
My guess is baby mama got exactly what she wanted. She intentionally used the kid as a weapon against the ex and intentionally pitted the angry ex against the boyfriend with little man syndrome and a rifle. Now she's got the kid free and clear, no ex to hassle her and no little man syndrome boyfriend to deal with. Even if the BF didn't shoot the ex, the ex would most likely beat the snot out of the BF, go to jail for it and lose custody. And the BF, assuming he survived it, would slink away or be discarded.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:38:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
It seemed crazy to me they actually continued their argument immediately afterwards while the guy’s body layed there on the porch. Didn’t even skip a beat.

That’s like some ultimate Karen shit.
View Quote

Kind of makes a guy wonder how much life insurance they or the kid all have on the dead dude, and how well they know each other.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:44:33 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I swear girls do this kind of shit on purpose because they like it when guys fight over them. It just seems to happen way too often in every walk of life.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it's Nature doing Nature Things.

The Female is biogenetically imprinted from millennia want to Mate with the Strongest Male ...

That's why those two dick heads were doing the chest - nose to nose - Chest Bumping "I'm bigger & badder than You" primal threat displays ...

In the end - it all comes down to it's all about the  ...

Limp Bizkit - Nookie (Official Music Video)
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:45:07 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Except that this is Texas, our laws are different than what you're likely accustomed to, and he probably won't be enjoying any prison sex at all. There are good reasons why the DA declined prosecution in this case.

There is no duty to retreat here, and we have a fairly strong castle doctrine law that works pretty strongly in favor of property owners. This is the wrong state to do what Chad tried to do.

When you are ordered to leave someone's property and refuse to do so, you cross a legal line. When you then begin to behave aggressively and physically threaten the property owners, you cross another line. When you then try and wrestle a firearm away from one of those property owners, you've pretty much forfeited the race. There's no prize for second place, either.

There's nothing remotely illegal here about a property owner holding a firearm on their property, and certainly not when there's a potentially threatening person there who refuses to leave their property after being asked.

You can play hindsight games about what the shooter should or should not have done - he probably should have gone inside and called 911 - but there's no doubt at all about what Chad should have done: he should have left the property when the property owners told him to. If he wanted to get the kid, at that point he should have called the police and asked for their assistance in the transfer. Instead, he refused to leave when asked, became aggressive, and began to threaten the property owners. THAT is your escalation.

When someone tells you to get off of their property, get the fuck off of their property. This incident is a perfect example of how quickly things can go south when you refuse to heed that advice.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The DA didn’t decline to prosecute. They recused themselves.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:48:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Interesting statements from the ex wife judge.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:49:00 PM EDT
[#38]
Shootee was wrasslin him for the firearm and was recorded threatening to take it and shoot him with it.  Seems to sound familiar from another recently covered incident...

If that guy had been a cop there wouldn't have been any hesitation about it.

I think the whole thing should have been avoided, but under the circumstances, Mr. Target talked his ass right into it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:50:15 PM EDT
[#39]
He's going to prison.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:52:10 PM EDT
[#40]
I agree going inside getting a gun and coming back outside isnt a great idea.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Bad shoot
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:55:06 PM EDT
[#42]
If someone tells you to leave, fucking leave. Don’t argue, don’t puff your chest out, if you die that’s on you.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 8:59:10 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
If someone tells you to leave, fucking leave. Don't argue, don't puff your chest out, if you die that's on you.
View Quote
Yeah. If you don't, your girlfriend's problems, might soon become your problem. And for this guy, it did.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:01:50 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:03:35 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
If someone tells you to leave, fucking leave. Don’t argue, don’t puff your chest out, if you die that’s on you.
View Quote

That’s where so many posters are wrong. If you are asked/demanded to leave, and you don’t. The property owner can lawfully use force to remove you (but not deadly). By not leaving you just opened up all kinds of use of force against you. Up to, but not including deadly.

Grabbing and threatening the home owners gun on his property with imminent grave bodily/deadly harm,  after demanding he leave, makes this justifiable homicide.

And it’s all caught on video.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:04:51 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I agree going inside getting a gun and coming back outside isnt a great idea.
View Quote

I don’t know. It’s his property. Apparently, he told the guy to get off his property multiple times and guy refuses. Guy was very confrontational. Another person shouldn’t expect to settle their argument by getting all mouthy, confrontational while on someone else’s property. There’s also that ex-wife still standing there in the yard and the guy is getting loud. I’m not sure but didn’t they already call the po-po? I’ll watch it again and edit.

I’m not on anyone’s side and there may have been other options to be pursued (by everyone) but who’s to really say it wouldn’t have ended up like this no matter what. If some guy is on my property and I tell them to get off but they get mouthy and confrontational instead, yeah, I’m not going to let them get the first lick. Get off my fucking lawn.

ETA: I’m guessing they weren’t called till afterwards. Maybe they were called beforehand but no one mentions it. The guy’s wife does call 911 after (and they were still arguing - that’s just crazy to me).

ETAx2: If I tell you to get off my property, I’m not asking you. If you refuse and get confrontational, I’d let you know that’s a bad idea. Don’t touch me, don’t get near me, don’t become even more belligerent. Just get off my property and if we must, we’ll let the cops handle it.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:05:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Looks like a good shoot.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:12:47 PM EDT
[#48]
So this happened nearly a month ago… why the hell hasn't this guy been charged? Feel like this is local politics at play or just shear incompetence… the green shirt guy only touched the gun after the guy shot a warning shot point blank at his foot.

I don’t really know the in and outs of TX’s self defense laws, but is retreating to get a gun and shooting a warning shot kosher?

After the whole Arbery case, I feel like there needs to be some sort of state level oversight on self defense incidents that result in a casualty just for due diligence. Local authorities can either be wildly incompetent or corrupt and they shouldn’t have the power to wave open and shut a case that ends up with a fatality.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:14:12 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Diff Is mine was spell check on phone ..your shits actually on purpose.
You actually speak like that.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My biggest indicator of a lack of intelligence is when y’all pet your peaces.

Diff Is mine was spell check on phone ..your shits actually on purpose.
You actually speak like that.

If you’re going to put yourself on a pedestal of intellectual superiority, it helps to proofread your posts.
Link Posted: 11/25/2021 9:16:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
So this happened nearly a month ago why the hell hasn't this guy been charged? Feel like this is local politics at play or just shear incompetence the green shirt guy only touched the gun after the guy shot a warning shot point blank at his foot.

I don't really know the in and outs of TX's self defense laws, but is retreating to get a gun and shooting a warning shot kosher?

After the whole Arbery case, I feel like there needs to be some sort of state level oversight on self defense incidents that result in a casualty just for due diligence. Local authorities can either be wildly incompetent or corrupt and they shouldn't have the power to wave open and shut a case that ends up with a fatality.
View Quote
Probably waiting for all involved to make incriminating texts or social media posts.  lol
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top