Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 60
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:03:05 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Over at LOSD, this is members only content.  This was posted by a member who does not utilize a screen name and appears to be an actual name, so I will not post it here.
I have asked in the comments section of the relevant post if the poster has any evidence to validate these claims.
If I get more information I will post.
As a rule, over there, it is not just internet randos shit-posting; but this could be an example of misinformation.

File this one under "Important if true" and "verify".  

Thank you for the records search; I do not even know the relevant address.

If you are correct it is a direct refutation of his argument and I will point that out over at LOSD.
View Quote

The block number of the incident is public record.  There are 11 houses on that block.  A tax district public record property search of the 11 homes will tell you the address of the home and the LOSD information is not correct.  

The house is in his parents name. His father is somewhat of a local Tech star so to speak.  He also has a criminal past as well.  

Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:04:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
It will depend on black shirt. Was it warning shot, a ND, or an intentional shot at green shirt.

The warning shot gets iffy, as lethal force was justified.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my opinion, I don't believe this should even reach charges brought. I wouldn't be surprised if it went to civil court but then if it did, I'd think the claimant would lose (rightfully). They were instructed to leave the property multiple times and refused while also introducing aggressive physical action to include physical assault on their part against black shirt. The family court order covers only so much and I suppose the fact the ex-wife was physically on the property at that time could imply some sort of consent or permission by the property resident for green shirt to be there but it does not allow uncivil behavior, no matter how badly anyone desires to spin it (leave your emotional baggage at the door). Any family court issued orders violated by the ex-wife should be handled in court, not by green shirt at black shirt's residence. Court orders are premised on civil behavior between parties, not just any kind of behavior you feel like exhibiting.

Did black shirt break any law? Not positive but I do not believe so. There was that shot to the porch floor board but not sure if that was a reflex induced ND or actual warning shot. If a warning shot, not sure if that's a gray area. Did ex-wife violate a family court order? Very good chance but not sure.

At best, this is my layman's opinion.

Warning shots are not allowed in Texas.  He should have shot him then.
It will depend on black shirt. Was it warning shot, a ND, or an intentional shot at green shirt.

I’m sure black shirt’s lawyer has advised him at this point.  “Your first shot just missed, right?”  “You were scared for your life the whole time, right?”  “You saw him step toward you, and you thought he was coming for you again, right?”
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:17:26 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

“He shouldnt have had the gun”

Sounds familiar.
View Quote

Yep; there’s been a number of us saying that this situation didn’t warrant a gun
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:18:26 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

I’m sure black shirt’s lawyer has advised him at this point.  “Your first shot just missed, right?”  “You were scared for your life the whole time, right?”  “You saw him step toward you, and you thought he was coming for you again, right?”
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
In my opinion, I don't believe this should even reach charges brought. I wouldn't be surprised if it went to civil court but then if it did, I'd think the claimant would lose (rightfully). They were instructed to leave the property multiple times and refused while also introducing aggressive physical action to include physical assault on their part against black shirt. The family court order covers only so much and I suppose the fact the ex-wife was physically on the property at that time could imply some sort of consent or permission by the property resident for green shirt to be there but it does not allow uncivil behavior, no matter how badly anyone desires to spin it (leave your emotional baggage at the door). Any family court issued orders violated by the ex-wife should be handled in court, not by green shirt at black shirt's residence. Court orders are premised on civil behavior between parties, not just any kind of behavior you feel like exhibiting.

Did black shirt break any law? Not positive but I do not believe so. There was that shot to the porch floor board but not sure if that was a reflex induced ND or actual warning shot. If a warning shot, not sure if that's a gray area. Did ex-wife violate a family court order? Very good chance but not sure.

At best, this is my layman's opinion.

Warning shots are not allowed in Texas.  He should have shot him then.

Only problem with the “missed” is how accurate he was in the next shot. You don’t miss my nearly hitting a foot the center mass at a greater distance. It was either ND or warning however both gives the other ability to go hands on
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:21:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Yep; there’s been a number of us saying that this situation didn’t warrant a gun
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds familiar.

Thats definitely an opinion I agree with.

But stupid people do stupid things.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:27:01 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

The block number of the incident is public record.  There are 11 houses on that block.  A tax district public record property search of the 11 homes will tell you the address of the home and the LOSD information is not correct.  

The house is in his parents name. His father is somewhat of a local Tech star so to speak.  He also has a criminal past as well.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over at LOSD, this is members only content.  This was posted by a member who does not utilize a screen name and appears to be an actual name, so I will not post it here.
I have asked in the comments section of the relevant post if the poster has any evidence to validate these claims.
If I get more information I will post.
As a rule, over there, it is not just internet randos shit-posting; but this could be an example of misinformation.

File this one under "Important if true" and "verify".  

Thank you for the records search; I do not even know the relevant address.

If you are correct it is a direct refutation of his argument and I will point that out over at LOSD.

Not just in the US either.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:33:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sounds familiar.

Yup. He was an idiot to bring out a gun at that point. This has nothing to do with the legal right to own or carry a gun. Some posters here can’t understand that point.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:41:20 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View Quote

Let those who haven’t carried into Mexico cast the first stone.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:44:54 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

If Green shirt doesn’t live there and someone else lives there, Green shirt’s right to be on the property is severely limited.

I am a landlord and I can’t go on my rented property will-nilly.  

I once was asked by a friend’s wife to accompany her husband, the executor of his mother’s estate, to accompany him on a property inventory. The husband is a hot head. As it turns out the occupant of the house sister would not let him in. I convinced my friend that we should leave the property. Once I got back to my truck, I called the Police non emergency line. They sent out a peace officer who accompanied us back on the property to conduct the inventory.

Once we left, I suggested that he file a motion with the court to compel his sister to grant him access as executor of the estate. He did; the court ordered his sister to pay $1,700 to cover court costs, legal fees, and compensation for our time.

Folks I share this tail with you as this is how it is done. You don’t puff up your chest and get conformational.  Green shirt guy was a fool, a bully, and a dead guy for his actions.
View Quote

@Palm  Folks I share this tail with you as this is how it is done. You don’t puff up your chest and get conformational.  Green shirt guy was a fool, a bully, and a dead guy for his actions.

So, are you trying to tell People to Let THE COURTS handle COURT stuff ???    

BIGGER_HAMMER
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:46:52 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

I just checked the Lubbock property office and the 2104 address has Carruth as the owner.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 3:51:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Chuckled
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:06:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

The shooter is going to have a problem with imminence and reasonableness with this.  
If "uncivil behavior" was cause for shooting we would be stacking dead like cord-wood in this society.
Had green shirt come at him again after the toss, he would have been completely justified in the shooting.  But he shot too soon to make this a clear case.  
There is enough stupid here fro a whole town, much less four people.  
I guess no one told the folks in Lubbock that contributions to stereotypes are not tax deductible.  This particular episode of idiocy even came with an accompanying pop country music soundtrack that does not need to be dubbed in.  Pathetic.
View Quote

The uncivil behavior is between the ex-wife and green shirt. There was obvious uncivil behavior between the shirts but that’s not as vital an action as the physical assault on green shirt’s part against black shirt is. The simple refusal to leave the property along with the threat(s) that green shirt made and acted upon with physical force are what I’m focusing on. Green shirt wasn’t shot because he was uncivil, he was shot because he was in the act of physically attacking someone.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:33:58 PM EDT
[#13]
When it comes to residency; does the female I’ve there?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:41:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

He's standing there asking his baby momma for his kid, because it's his time for visitation.  If baby momma is standing there too, I would assume he's at the right spot.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the court agreement states dad is to pick his kid up, well he can't be trespassing, so bad shoot.

Next

We don't have that info.

Yes we do....it's in the audio.
Maybe I missed it, but He says it's his kid a 3:15?, but no designated pick up spot is established in vid. Maybe I missed it.

He's standing there asking his baby momma for his kid, because it's his time for visitation.  If baby momma is standing there too, I would assume he's at the right spot.  

Except, before getting shot he stated he suspected that the kid was at her mother's house and hence why he was going to drag the former mother-in-law into court too
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:49:56 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Except, before getting shot he stated he suspected that the kid was at her mother's house and hence why he was going to drag the former mother-in-law into court too
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If the court agreement states dad is to pick his kid up, well he can't be trespassing, so bad shoot.

Next

We don't have that info.

Yes we do....it's in the audio.
Maybe I missed it, but He says it's his kid a 3:15?, but no designated pick up spot is established in vid. Maybe I missed it.

He probably figured that out when she didn’t present the kid, as the court ordered her to do.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:54:53 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The uncivil behavior is between the ex-wife and green shirt. There was obvious uncivil behavior between the shirts but that’s not as vital an action as the physical assault on green shirt’s part against black shirt is. The simple refusal to leave the property along with the threat(s) that green shirt made and acted upon with physical force are what I’m focusing on. Green shirt wasn’t shot because he was uncivil, he was shot because he was in the act of physically attacking someone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The shooter is going to have a problem with imminence and reasonableness with this.  
If "uncivil behavior" was cause for shooting we would be stacking dead like cord-wood in this society.
Had green shirt come at him again after the toss, he would have been completely justified in the shooting.  But he shot too soon to make this a clear case.  
I guess no one told the folks in Lubbock that contributions to stereotypes are not tax deductible.  This particular episode of idiocy even came with an accompanying pop country music soundtrack that does not need to be dubbed in.  Pathetic.

No, he wasn’t.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 4:56:59 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

No, he wasn’t.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he wasn’t.

You’re opinion, my opinion.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 5:14:26 PM EDT
[#18]
Whatever happened to a good old fist fight?

Black shirt, whether justified or not (not commenting on that), acted like a little bitch.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 5:23:38 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Black shirt, whether justified or not (not commenting on that), acted like a little bitch.
View Quote

So an argument from the "everyone takes a beating sometimes" crowd.

Texas is a mutual combat state, but just because someone wants to fight it doesn't oblige the other party to participate.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he wasn’t.

Not an opinion, an observation.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 5:32:15 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Disparity of force.

Unless you can negate that with much better training, weight classes are a thing for a reason.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 6:03:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

It likely wouldn’t have even gotten to that point.  Green shirt wasn’t aggressive towards black shirt into the gun came out
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 6:15:45 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote

Or better yet MYOB and don't insert yourself into someone else's verbal custody dispute.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 6:29:40 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Or better yet MYOB and don't insert yourself into someone else's verbal custody dispute.
View Quote

Yeah I'd tell the woman to go down the street and handle her affairs with the custody situation. Don't bring your baby momma drama to my house. Or have her come inside and dude will most likely leave pissed off.

That's a moot point just what I would do.

I'm all for being armed but not every argument needs to involve pulling a gun on someone. This isn't a gun rights issue or gun problem. Hell I'm all for being ready for something to pop off but I don't think it's smart to pull a gun (unless it gets violent) in a baby momma/daddy custody argument.

If the guy shows up randomly causing trouble then this is another story. Might still be 100% legal either way though idk.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 7:19:20 PM EDT
[#25]
Misfire
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 7:19:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's because he is a little bitch.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:47:39 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he wasn’t.

Ok, convince me otherwise. Give me an argument so irrefutable it will force my mind to disbelieve what my eyes see.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:48:46 PM EDT
[#28]
Black shirt had better get used to the idea of prison, because everyone in this thread who thinks he ain't going is wrong.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:50:59 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Black shirt had better get used to the idea of prison, because everyone in this thread who thinks he ain't going is wrong.
View Quote

I’m one of those who believes he shouldn’t. Tell me why he should go to prison?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:53:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Did black shirt tell green shirt to leave?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:55:34 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He killed a man over a woman.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:55:55 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've read your posts, you aren't listening to logic.  Bottom line that first shot into the ground is the demise of Blackshirt.  He initiated deadly force without fear of GBH or death and everything after that sends his ass to PMITA prison.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 8:58:47 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No he didn’t. He shot a man who was engaged in the act of physically attacking him.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:02:25 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I've read your posts, you aren't listening to logic.  Bottom line that first shot into the ground is the demise of Blackshirt.  He initiated deadly force without fear of GBH or death and everything after that sends his ass to PMITA prison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not using logic?

What are you’re reasons for such a blindly offered statement? You give no reasons to support your statement. Is it “It’s just the way it is”?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:02:28 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

No he didn’t. He shot a man who was engaged in the act of physically attacking him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Would you really have pulled that trigger if that was you?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:05:49 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If I were in black shirt’s shoes, I probably would have. I’m not going to allow someone to continue attacking me. If I can stop their attack, I’ll do so.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If I were in black shirt’s shoes, I probably would have. I’m not going to allow someone to continue attacking me. If I can stop their attack, I’ll do so.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

attack, ok.  Looked like a high school shoving match to me.  

I've heard lots of good shoot, bad shoot comments in this thread, but I believe you're the first to make that claim you would pull that trigger.  

bro's before hoe's...man.  bro's before hoe's...
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:11:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm one of those who believes he shouldn't. Tell me why he should go to prison?

The legal analysis was that he could have shot him legally at that point instead, so a warning shot instead is immaterial.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:18:18 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's pretty simple, don't deny a man his children and you'll never be in that situation.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:20:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Not using logic?

What are you’re reasons for such a blindly offered statement? You give no reasons to support your statement. Is it “It’s just the way it is”?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not using logic?

I see now, it isn't logic you just plain aren't reading.

Again, verbatim, bottom line that first shot into the ground is the demise of Blackshirt.  He initiated deadly force without fear of GBH or death and everything after that sends his ass to PMITA prison.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:21:11 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Ok, convince me otherwise. Give me an argument so irrefutable it will force my mind to disbelieve what my eyes see.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he wasn’t.

Watch the video. Look at the pictures. There was significant separation between the two.  He was not being attacked.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:29:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I've heard lots of good shoot, bad shoot comments in this thread, but I believe you're the first to make that claim you would pull that trigger.  

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Green shirt ran up and assaulted an armed man. Black shirt commanded him to vacate the property multiple times to no avail and then armed himself. Green shirt escalated closing the distance while black shirt made no move to advance, he just stood his ground. Green shirt further escalated by making loud verbal threats and causing bodily contact. He then escalated even further by allowing his hand to forcefully contact the firearm. Does black shirt shoot him then? Did he not have the ability and reason to end this right then and there? Maybe, maybe not but he doesn’t. There was either a warning shot or ND during that exchange. He doesn’t shoot him is the result which can be seen in the video. This isn’t me seeing what I want to see - these are the events unfolding and plainly seen in both videos. Green shirt is making good on his threats, though because immediately afterwards he then again further escalates by attempting to wrestle the firearm away. He is making good on his threats.

ETA: Green shirt has made the threats and following through. Is there some point black shirt should not have believed him concerning those threats? What moment would have given him the reason not to believe green shirt didn’t mean it?

ETAx2: Again, where in the interaction would give black shirt pause to disbelieve green shirt? Look above and read my first statement. Was there a point black shirt could have thought “this guy is just kidding”.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:30:18 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

It's pretty simple, don't deny a man his children and you'll never be in that situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That is an emotionally laced response.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:32:06 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Watch the video. Look at the pictures. There was significant separation between the two.  He was not being attacked.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, he wasn’t.

There’s maybe 15 or so feet between the two when the shots centered on green shirt occurred. That can be covered in maybe a second from a stand still. Again, watch 00:11 to 00:12 seconds of the inside video.

ETA: Black shirt had to stop (momentum), turn around 180 degrees, and raised his firearm on green shirt. Approximately one second for that to happen.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:33:06 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote

Everyone has a different perception.  But to me the video is quite clear.  

At the moment of the shot, Green shirt was several yards away, standing on a porch.  

At that moment, it was physically impossible for Green shirt to attack Black shirt.  Green had no weapon.

There is no video evidence that Green shirt was advancing towards Black shirt, at the moment of being killed.

There is video evidence showing that Green shirt fell backwards onto the porch.

The bottom line is that it's not justified self-defense, at that moment.  

However, due to Green shirt's agitating behavior, Black shirt may only get manslaughter.  

Very likely, a lot of evidence will be examined that we are unware of at this time.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:38:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

There’s maybe 15 or so feet between the two when the shots centered on green shirt occurred.  That can be covered in maybe a second from a stand still. Again, watch 00:11 to 00:12 seconds of the inside video.
View Quote

We can't argue what "might have" happened.  We can only analyze what did happen.

Green shirt, unarmed, had just been shot at.  He flung the threat to a distance.  No evidence of any pursuit by green shirt.  If he had pursued, it's a completely different story.  Right now, bad shoot.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:39:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Forum/thread sliding is a thing...

Seems it's trying to be done by some in this thread.

Doesn't seem to be you however.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:42:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

There's maybe 15 or so feet between the two when the shots centered on green shirt occurred. That can be covered in maybe a second from a stand still. Again, watch 00:11 to 00:12 seconds of the inside video.

ETA: Black shirt had to stop (momentum), turn around 180 degrees, and raised his firearm on green shirt. Approximately one second for that to happen.
View Quote
He was 5-6 steps off the porch. So 5-6 feet away. You can count his steps when he walks back to the porch.

*He is a smaller? guy, so it could be even closer.
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:43:13 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

We can't argue what "might have" happened.  We can only analyze what did happen.

Green shirt, unarmed, had just been shot at.  He flung the threat to a distance.  No evidence of any pursuit by green shirt.  If he had pursued, it's a completely different story.  Right now, bad shoot.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There’s maybe 15 or so feet between the two when the shots centered on green shirt occurred.  That can be covered in maybe a second from a stand still. Again, watch 00:11 to 00:12 seconds of the inside video.

At what point in those last moments can anyone say black shirt could definitively say to himself green shirt decided to halt his attack?
Link Posted: 11/28/2021 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
He was 5-6 steps off the porch. So 5-6 feet away. You can count his steps when he walks back to the porch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's maybe 15 or so feet between the two when the shots centered on green shirt occurred. That can be covered in maybe a second from a stand still. Again, watch 00:11 to 00:12 seconds of the inside video.

Maybe but eyeballing reference looks like something around 15’ to my untrained eye.
Page / 60
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top