Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#1]
Iron sights, 5 shot revolver, thru sweatshirt pocket, at 3 feet. This is the way.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:39:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

ok

But this drill is more about slower, well aimed fire

It is a PEAK Fudd drill.  Hell, 8 hits is a 45 1911 loaded with a 7 round mag.  I'm sure RDS equipped guns carry an advantage- but as we've seen, this is well within the scope of possible from a snub nosed revolver or iron sighted guns.
View Quote

Ok, so I went to the crapper to watch the videos you posted. First guy failed the drill. Second guy passed it. IMHO you try that rate or fire at a fudd range you're getting a talking to. Just my opinion. Which is why I say Fudds would hate it.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:42:46 PM EDT
[#3]
If anyone is that bothered by people trying to push themselves at the range to do something, they can just fuck right off.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:43:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Have you ever even fired a revolver?

View Quote

I have and I have several as I love the way a revolver looks.

Unfortunately, the safest place to be is directly in front of me when I'm shooting one. I am honestly minute of barn with the damn things and I don't know why.

A semi-auto pistol and I'm pretty good, as in all 8 rounds from my 1911 inside the 8 ring at 25 yards.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:45:26 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The "Dicken Drill" makes me cringe.

the poor guy probably hates all this attention and masterbating but isn't allowed to speak yet about it.

he also didn't shoot all his rounds from the god tier 40 yards away  range.

he did a damn fine job stopping that threat, and has my respect.

I can appreciate people motivated to train some more because of this, but still.....

View Quote

Who gives a shit whether he shot them all at 40 yards or walked them in? It's a great speed/accuracy metric.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:46:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Do you two read ANY news?
View Quote

In the time it took to post they could have Googled.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I have no clue what a 333 is supposed to mean, google shows a bunch of gibberish. Revolvers are not a fudd mindset, you are adding to it something that cannot be added to. Same for the 1911, you are making parameters to suit your agenda here that have zero to do with being a fudd. And you are letting what someone else says live in your head rent free. You really shouldn't, because there's not even a fudd mindset on how many rounds a second, that is just you making it up as you go along due to a confirmation bias. There are no handguns that fudds prefer, they want that taken away from us too so you have no argument there either. Still no fudd mentality with what you are describing. So yes, you still clearly have no idea what a fudd is or isn't and you got yourself triggered by opinions that you do not share and wanted to lash out.

Don't let what they say control you, or they will win and that's what they want want. revolver users and 1911 users are part of the defend the 2nd community, stop being divisive and let them be them and stay worrying only about your lane. That's the only thing that you get to control here, you and you alone.

View Quote

Didn't you get your peepee smacked the last time we did this?
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:51:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Ok, so I went to the crapper to watch the videos you posted. First guy failed the drill. Second guy passed it. IMHO you try that rate or fire at a fudd range you're getting a talking to. Just my opinion. Which is why I say Fudds would hate it.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

ok

But this drill is more about slower, well aimed fire

It is a PEAK Fudd drill.  Hell, 8 hits is a 45 1911 loaded with a 7 round mag.  I'm sure RDS equipped guns carry an advantage- but as we've seen, this is well within the scope of possible from a snub nosed revolver or iron sighted guns.

If that's the metric,  what pistol drill do Fudds not hate?

this might the the ONLY drill I know of where 1 round per second is too fast
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:53:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Hey, at least people are out practicing.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:54:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote

That's why it's funny. Fudds are awful.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 4:56:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

yeah

Fudds are awful
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:03:46 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Could I sit instead?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sounds like a lot of the posters here would only be able to do the Uvalde Police drill.  Stand around for hours and do nothing.

Could I sit instead?
Sure.  Please use the hand sanitizer 1st.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:24:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

If the weather doesn't shit on us this Sunday, me and my shooting partner will try that. He's got a timer too.
View Quote

While I agree that hitting a target at 40 yrds is commendable, advancing while shooting adds a whole level of complexity. I need to start this as well.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:31:20 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

You are embarrassingly out of touch.
View Quote

You are embarrassingly out of touch yourself by saying that. Give it a rest already, we stand alone together or apart because of pettiness. Pick one,
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:32:06 PM EDT
[#15]

That doesn't prove anything over what I had said, not sorry.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:48:45 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Holy fuck, I've never seen so much revolver hate from the small wiener community.

We need more people to carry, more people to support the 2nd amendment, more people out there ready to shoot back. And the community keep taking a giant shit on anyone who carries a revolver.

Keep going. Keep sowing hate in the community and then wonder why high cap bans and shit get enacted.

View Quote

No one is taking a shit on those who carry revolvers, except those who carry revolvers. Hammer and nails are just as good as nail guns crowd.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 5:51:43 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Regarding this shooting, did the shooter ever return the good guy’s fire?
View Quote

Hard to return fire while you're getting burned down to the ground.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:03:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You are embarrassingly out of touch yourself by saying that. Give it a rest already, we stand alone together or apart because of pettiness. Pick one,
View Quote

Your comments about unity and helping others are embarrassingly ironic.  
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:13:26 PM EDT
[#19]
Fudd is a state of mind, not an age.  Though the two might intersect more often than not, I'm an older fart and I'm absolutely anti-Fudd, they piss me off, most especially when they write into Guns & Ammo or Nat'l Rifleman and bitch about the scary black guns being covered too much.
In so many words: the 2A isn't about hunting, Elmer.

Regards the drill,  there is one video that stands out above the rest for me, because it focuses not really on the drill itself, but on the wisdom of potentially trying to duplicate Eli's actions in the real world. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the wisdom part, but there's a good reason for the lead-in shooting demo.
Paul Harrell doing what he does best, IOW: teaching in a broader scope of mindfulness.

Mass Shootings Part 4: Greenwood Park Mall Analysis

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 6:39:28 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
If you suck, yeah.

The first time I shot it, and was all over the target, but I had 13 hits, and 13 rounds fired in just over 13 seconds.
The second time I shot it in 15:11 with 9 hits, 8 of which were solid A zone hits.

All after a 40 yard sprint.

I'm a trash tier shooter. You have to be better than me in order to not fuck this up - and I'm better than nearly every Fudd I've ever encountered; because I actually shoot my shit instead of jerking myself off over "common sense gun knowledge" at my local crotchety gun shop. If they shoot this at 1 round per second, they won't have time for their reload, assuming the 2.5 seconds it takes them to get their 1911 out of a Blackhawk Serpa.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:11:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Your comments about unity and helping others are embarrassingly ironic.  
View Quote

The dude is a trip, though.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:21:54 PM EDT
[#22]
If you can't find the sucker at a poker table, you are the sucker.  

If you can't find the fudd in the thread, you are the fudd.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:24:20 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:35:26 PM EDT
[#24]
Fudds hate me, because Glock.

Youngsters hate me, because .40.

I shot IHMSA, so I have a good idea about handguns beyond 15 feet.

This drill is useful to get people to see that, yes, you can and should be able to hit a milk jug with your carry gun beyond 30 feet.

How accurate it is to the supposed situation is not the point.

Close range is the most likely self defense scenario, but other things can happen. Like defense of others.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:42:10 PM EDT
[#25]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy fuck, I've never seen so much revolver hate from the small wiener community.

We need more people to carry, more people to support the 2nd amendment, more people out there ready to shoot back. And the community keep taking a giant shit on anyone who carries a revolver.

Keep going. Keep sowing hate in the community and then wonder why high cap bans and shit get enacted.

Quoted:

In any event, as far as I can tell, the Dicken drill is pretty much gunnie larping + mental masturbation meant to make people feel better about themselves while others pat them on the back for pretending to be as badass as Mr. Dicken apparently is.

Omg /media/mediaFiles/sharedAlbum/476-342.gif
So many people just finding dumb fucking reasons to be angry or otherwise trying to display their false sense of superiority.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:43:30 PM EDT
[#26]
I find it strange that 40 yard hits with a handgun is a big deal.

Link Posted: 7/29/2022 7:44:40 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
If anyone is that bothered by people trying to push themselves at the range to do something, they can just fuck right off.
View Quote

This is where i'm at...  watching people on a gun forum disparage others from actually shooting to better themselves is a DU level limp dick look for them.
Link Posted: 7/29/2022 11:59:01 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Fudd is a state of mind, not an age.  Though the two might intersect more often than not, I'm an older fart and I'm absolutely anti-Fudd, they piss me off, most especially when they write into Guns & Ammo or Nat'l Rifleman and bitch about the scary black guns being covered too much.
In so many words: the 2A isn't about hunting, Elmer.

Regards the drill,  there is one video that stands out above the rest for me, because it focuses not really on the drill itself, but on the wisdom of potentially trying to duplicate Eli's actions in the real world. It takes about 20 minutes to get to the wisdom part, but there's a good reason for the lead-in shooting demo.
Paul Harrell doing what he does best, IOW: teaching in a broader scope of mindfulness.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kbaiejoAjcc
View Quote

I don’t get the popularity of this guy. Maybe it’s an age thing.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:13:28 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

The article and I clearly posted the 333 mindset. The Dicken is well outside that. And while yes revolvers are merely tools they are largely favored by the people of the Fudd mindset (that and the 1911). The Dicken drill requires speed. Which goes against the Fudd one round per second mentality. Preferred Fudd guns would require even more speed since a reload is required. Again, goes against Fudd mentality. So, no I clearly understand what a Fudd is, you were just triggered.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You mean enlighten you? Because it is YOU and not "us" right now. This is not the time be be divisive as we are on the same team here.

First, it's not someone of a certain age. It's a mindset, meaning it's timeless because a fudd is a gun-owner who supports traditional hunting guns but favors gun control for other guns such as handguns or tactical rifles.

A revolver is also a handgun. This cannot be taken away or re-termed. The revolver while obsolete for modern police and modern militaries, is just obsolescent because it has been surpassed in handgun technology. But still, owning and carrying one doesn't make them a fudd, fudds the real ones want revolvers taken away too.

The article and I clearly posted the 333 mindset. The Dicken is well outside that. And while yes revolvers are merely tools they are largely favored by the people of the Fudd mindset (that and the 1911). The Dicken drill requires speed. Which goes against the Fudd one round per second mentality. Preferred Fudd guns would require even more speed since a reload is required. Again, goes against Fudd mentality. So, no I clearly understand what a Fudd is, you were just triggered.

Like I said, I still haven't done this with a revolver but I'll see if I can fit it in this week.

Here's it with a fudd 1911. I say I dropped 2 rounds but this is a reduced sized silhouette. All rounds would be inside the C zone

A few fudd drills
Bill drill with M19-3 shooting .357 magnum.

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:28:55 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
How about what the fuck is a Dickens drill and why should I care?
View Quote
Aka the Food Court Forty.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 12:41:56 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's been well explained at this point. This is apparently a Fudd and revolver hate thread now.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:14:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Like I said, I still haven't done this with a revolver but I'll see if I can fit it in this week.

Here's it with a fudd 1911. I say I dropped 2 rounds but this is a reduced sized silhouette. All rounds would be inside the C zone
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_z2cXRM-PX0
A few fudd drills
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UzRt19UhWBM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RBzjRv58G-I
View Quote

Sweet. Since you didn't yell TWO WORLD WARS, I don't think it counts as a Fudd 1911.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 1:19:56 AM EDT
[#33]
I think the thing to keep in mind is not the eight hits/ten total.
What he did most right is get the first two hits.  From reports, the first two were mortal wounds; the rest he was gilding the lily.  Glad he did, I wanted that POS shoot to pieces so that they would need dental records to identify him.
Getting that first shot hit kept the POS from being able to turn the rifle on Eli.
If he got 8/10 at that range with the first two as misses; it may not have come out the same.  
First shot hits are the most important thing to work on.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:35:20 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

How is that so? 99% of pistol shooters never go past 15 yds.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:44:20 AM EDT
[#35]
Tried a bit of lapping last week just to see if I could hit at 50 yards with my comedy barrelled .357 for shits and giggles obviously in never something I will have to do for real so in my case it was just larping.

I learned Shoot better double action than single action ( think because I was using right thumb)  and better with a revolver than with a shotgun with slugs

Attachment Attached File

Not the Dicken drill only have revolver and my speed loader doesn’t fit
24 rounds , 12 double action fast as I thought I could 6 single action fast as I thought and 6 DA kneeling supported on table.

And 5 slugs unsupported through 1301 that we will not talk about
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 6:44:54 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Is 40 yards with iron sights long range?
Stop being obtuse.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:47:29 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

How is that so? 99% of pistol shooters never go past 15 yds.
View Quote

15? More like seven or less.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:52:08 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

I heard something about that shooting. Didn't know his name or exact circumstances really.

40 yards pistol shooting sounds like deer hunting. Some of us have been practicing at those ranges for years and were laughed at. "The majority of engagements happen at under 7 yards." Many guns don't hold 10 rounds, so there's that.

Sound like a worthy training scenario.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10 rounds at 40 yards in 15 seconds.

You know, the 22 year old that stopped a mass shooter from across the food court with a concealed carry gun.

I heard something about that shooting. Didn't know his name or exact circumstances really.

40 yards pistol shooting sounds like deer hunting. Some of us have been practicing at those ranges for years and were laughed at. "The majority of engagements happen at under 7 yards." Many guns don't hold 10 rounds, so there's that.

Sound like a worthy training scenario.

The fudds wil have to really practice reloading their Detective Specials and J-frames by hand to get below 10 seconds, or accept speedloaders as a necessary evil.

Kharn
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:53:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

15? More like seven or less.
View Quote

Probably. Whatever the case, it shouldn’t be a shock that most people who shoot, and know what 40 yds looks like beyond a pistol sight, find consistent 40 yd hits quite remarkable.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 7:59:53 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote

You recite "Oliver Twist" while loading and firing 10 shots out of a Martini-Henry at an orphan 40yds away.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:02:38 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

"Rambo, First Blood: Part II" - The Explosive Arrow Scene
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:35:41 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

the poor guy probably hates all this attention and masterbating but isn't allowed to speak yet about it.

I can appreciate people motivated to train some more because of this, but still.....

View Quote

this incident, along with many others show that One does not need to be military or police to be good, or good enough when it counts with guns. One of the huge anti-gunners talking points.     Same with Rittenhouse and many others.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:41:28 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

That’s not it.
2 shots from concealment at 40 yrds
Subsequent 8 shots while approaching target
Timed at 15 seconds.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

10 rounds at 40 yards in 15 seconds.

You know, the 22 year old that stopped a mass shooter from across the food court with a concealed carry gun.

That’s not it.
2 shots from concealment at 40 yrds
Subsequent 8 shots while approaching target
Timed at 15 seconds.

We don't know that for sure.  He might have initially shot from 40 yards, and then ran up to 10 yards to eliminate the threat.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:44:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

well much of this is reaction to fudds saying shit.  I try to enlighten them.   Most will if carrying a revolver not seem to keep a reload on them.  

I have seen a bunch that own rifles and handguns mainly revolvers, be ok with bans.  Some say they use them for hunting only, and are ok with the ban etc.    I see it much much more than, people knocking on revolvers other than its a poor choice due to round count and controllability in the little guns when its a magnum.  a lot won't practice with them much either. but some exceptions exist and like micculek it can be very effective with a decent amount of effort. better than a sharp stick.

a lot of fudds won't even try a AR-15 or AK pattern.  I met some.  I offered to let them try, and get the old man sigh
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:44:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I think Eli is a hero, I think people doing these longer-distance timed drills is great and we should all incorporate challenges such as this into our training.

But…

Am I the only person who noticed the LE presser said it took him 15 seconds to engage the threat, and take that to mean 15 seconds from start of attack to start of response? I don’t think it necessarily means his 10 shots were all fired in 15 seconds.

It doesn’t really matter, but the whole Dicken Drill thing might be based on bad assumptions.
View Quote

You are correct.

His initial shots ended the active shooter being an active shooter.  We don't know how long it took Eli to fire all his shots.

That being said....

8 of 10 at 40 yards in 15 seconds from concealment with your carry gun is a pretty decent drill.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:46:44 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

Paul Harrel did a good video and he was courteous enough to not name it that out of respect for the guy.

Mass Shootings Part 4: Greenwood Park Mall Analysis
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:47:59 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

I've heard people say "it was 40 feet, not 40 yards" and multiple different timelines, it will probably take a while to get the facts of the thing down.
Regardless, it's a useful test of skills and gear. You are unlikely to need to shoot outside the 3-3-3 envelope for self defense, but defense of others, that is more plausible, and may you need to be very precise when you do it so you don't end up hitting the person you're trying to help. If your skills or gun aren't up to the task, you can work on that - and meanwhile you will know not to take a shot that far out (if there's risk of hitting friendlies). Know your limitations, and you'll only know them by testing.
View Quote

Eli's attorney is active on the Indianapolis talk radio station 93.1, and has confirmed that the initial shots were taken at 40 yards.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 8:56:57 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I used to bulls eye womp-mice in my T-16 back home.  They're not much bigger than 2".
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Try shooting one handed at 50 meters with a 2” target.

I used to bulls eye womp-mice in my T-16 back home.  They're not much bigger than 2".

At this speed will you be able to pull out in time?
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:23:07 AM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

If someone supports a magazine ban because people made fun of their revolver's capacity then they were already an anti-gun fudd and can go fuck themselves.
Link Posted: 7/30/2022 9:44:23 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was going to try it this weekend, but decided against it after finding out that you don’t like it.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top