Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:52:29 AM EDT
[#1]
Mossberg 590 (Surefire forend) with a G19 wearing an RMR/RMRCC
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:53:20 AM EDT
[#2]
12 ga. with pistol backup.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:54:07 AM EDT
[#3]
Riot shield and sub-gun, stuns and smokes, and high alert.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:55:35 AM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
12g  Browning Auto-5, loaded with 10 rounds of Buck and Ball (each shell has one 1oz. Rifled slug and three 00 buck shot.)
View Quote

Hmmm... where can I find this Buck and Ball? Definitely has my interest. I currently stuff my Mossy 930 Tac with 8 rds of 00. With a side saddle stuffed with 5 Brenneke slugs. In my HD scenario buckshot would be best, but having 1oz slugs handy in the case of a cocaine bear invasion.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 7:58:51 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I'd just wear my carry gun and unlimber a 12 gauge with buck shot while I listen for the dog to possibly alert.
View Quote

Pretty much this.

There are few social problems that can't be solved with a dose of 00 Buckshot.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:09:12 AM EDT
[#6]
1022 like the last guy
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:23:51 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Hmmm... where can I find this Buck and Ball? Definitely has my interest. I currently stuff my Mossy 930 Tac with 8 rds of 00. With a side saddle stuffed with 5 Brenneke slugs. In my HD scenario buckshot would be best, but having 1oz slugs handy in the case of a cocaine bear invasion.
View Quote

Winchester used to call them PDX-1 slugs. Unsure of any other brands.

I don't know that I'd see a reason to switch out my usual P365 in a situation like yours, but I'd be sure to keep it immediately at hand at all times and I'd get an AR ready to go and stand it up with a spare mag and an IFAK just in case. For ordinary self-defense scenarios I get the "hard to legally justify shooting beyond _____ yards" reasoning but this guy is a fugitive on the run who could very well have broken into someone's home or truck already and acquired a long gun. An AR will work just fine up close, but a shotgun with 00BK won't help very much if you do happen to need some range.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:37:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
I’d also be wearing nothing but my padded 2” belt, a full erection and maybe greased up with cherry balmz.
View Quote

Don't forget the gimp suit for when you catch him.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:39:39 AM EDT
[#9]
just dont leave a rifle near the door like that last schmuck so the bad guy could B&E and take off with a rifle.

given the description i'd keep a pistol on hip at all times, and a rifle near my person for immediate primary use.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:40:28 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Local felon on the run in my area.  Sherriff has perimeters set up, and ghetto bird circling.  Long creek nearby that's dry and lots of pasture, so it's easier for this guy to evade.

Pistol, rifle, or shotgun at the ready should the dumbass try to crash your property?
View Quote

One of the home defense scenarios I cover in class is the escaped felon.

My answer to that is the same as any other occasion: My 12 gauge. With an escaped felon the odds that I'm dealing with body armor are even slimmer.

If you have to shoot someone to protect yourself, it being a dangerous violent felon the police are actively hunting who isn't in possession of any real protective gear is about as ideal as it is going to get. Hard to say he's just some poor misunderstood kid turning his life around when the cops are telling people not to leave their homes because a violent maniac is on the loose. He ends up with a full pattern of buckshot in his chest because he broke into some honest citizen's home nobody is going to be blowing snot bubbles about it.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:40:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Barrett 82-A1
View Quote

you clearly never did CQB in your home with an 82-A1.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:44:42 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Rural, and big pasture behind me where dude is probably hiding somewhere. Family is briefed.

Nice living in the sticks except when it's not.  Still better than living in a city, tho.
View Quote

I recently had a legit Vietnam combat vet in class who moved to a rural area. (Multiple purple hearts, multiple bronze stars with V, that kind of dude) As I discussed the reality of police availability in rural areas and how long it would usually take for somebody to actually get there, he half grinned and said

"Well, I suppose that means that they probably won't be there to get in my way."

No, sir...they probably wont.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:46:57 AM EDT
[#13]
Rifle of course.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:47:52 AM EDT
[#14]
AR SBR. Wife gets the MP5.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:56:24 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Pistol on hip

Rifle (AR) for main go-to
View Quote

Had a BOLO after a perp murdered two LEOs in the area and he was loose, this is what I used.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 8:58:24 AM EDT
[#16]
I'd watch the creekside with my thermal and have a couple loaded 12 gauges handy.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:00:58 AM EDT
[#17]
14.5” AR same as any other day
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:02:12 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Beretta 1301 Tactical with 00 buck.
View Quote

Why? He’s not out hunting deer and waterfowl.

Op, FAL, ideally in Rhodesian brushstroke baby poop yellow paint. Battle ready as god intended.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:04:08 AM EDT
[#19]
Sub 2000 with a fun stick loaded with HST.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:04:24 AM EDT
[#20]
Same thing I already use.  Glock of some flavor on my hip, AR15 of some flavor in the house.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:06:11 AM EDT
[#21]
suppressed MK18 just like normal with some the normal carry handguns. I suppose I could quickly bring my 870 police magnum online and load in some DDupleks hexolit 32 slugs for a little extra razzle dazzle.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:09:10 AM EDT
[#22]
HK USP 9 backing a Tavor SAR with an ACOG and a light.

It's a combination nobody in WW2 would have seen coming but boy is it a nice way to fly.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:10:16 AM EDT
[#23]
[b]

sign that reads, "All trespassers will be sodomized."  

View Quote

With a bloody condom stapled to the fucking thing.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:18:10 AM EDT
[#24]
Morning update. Perp still on the loose, the heavy brush, mesquite and scrub oak is helping this guy.  Appears he scooted in between my place and the neighbor's (not fenced but well lit) because the deputies knocked on the neighbors door across the street around 3am.

And one of my employees actually had eyes on the perp through binos earlier yesterday evening, and had the deputies jumping his field fence after him.  They pushed him my direction, but no joy.

Still on the loose.

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:21:03 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Winchester used to call them PDX-1 slugs. Unsure of any other brands.
View Quote
Yessir.  Bought these before COVID, and that's what I fed Mr. 870 last night.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:31:54 AM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:32:20 AM EDT
[#27]
Nods
300BLK Suppressed SBR
Erection
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:34:04 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Beretta 1301 Tactical with 00 buck.
View Quote

Reliable shotgun with 0 or 00 buck is a good answer for this question.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:43:21 AM EDT
[#29]
870, factory slug barrel, TL Racker forend light, 00B.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:55:46 AM EDT
[#30]
2 big dogs well trained
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:57:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

They used to sell it on some of the ammo sites but I haven't seen it in years
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 9:59:01 AM EDT
[#32]
i am very skilled in verbal crisis intervention

most people just want to be listened to and understood
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:08:12 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
When this happened last year, I considered my options.   The setting was known to likely be several hours.  Residential neighborhood.  I wanted to be able to walk around the house yet heavily armed.  But comfortable.  

I choose the Steyr AUG.   It has 5.56 Power with a 30 round magazine.  Being a smooth sided bullpup, it BoarderPatrol hangs vertically on my right side, and the left side of the gun is smooth, and the pistol grip and trigger are positioned directly where the hand drops down, allowing quick hip shoot engagement capability, and one handed shouldering and aimed fire.  The safety is naturally put on safe by being pressed against the right side of my body, as an additional safety component of the deployment.

I put a laser on it, to allow aimed hip fire shots if needed, or I can draw it up to my shoulder and fire aimed shots.  

I did not choose a handgun because encounters could have been as far as 50 yards.  I did not chose an AR15, because it does not as effectively hang with the trigger as quickly accessible, as a weight-balanced AUG did.  And the AUG is shorter enough that in CQB, I can still have my support hand free and close enough to door knobs to engage while the rifle is shouldered and pointed though it.  

After 3 hours walking around doing my normal evening at the house, they caught him several blocks away.
View Quote

Interesting comment about the laser.  After playing with my cheap one on my .22LR, I swapped out a TLR-RM for a green lasered version on my 10.5" 300blk.  Liked it so much I'm going to do the same swap on my 9" 300blk.  Similar considerations.  
Ability to aim from the hip.
Ability to aim one handed.
Far easier/quicker to aim when shooting weakside.
And the ability to aim while looking "over" my weapon....almost like being able to shoot aimed shots in an enhanced low ready position.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:13:00 AM EDT
[#34]
If the perimeter is close and the law is on site nearby, I'd be very careful going outside, especially visibly armed, to reduce the chance of becoming a tragic victim of mistaken identity.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:15:39 AM EDT
[#35]
90# German Shepherd with zero tolerance for bull shizen
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:18:00 AM EDT
[#36]
since he just escaped, he most likely does not have NV, feel free to go active if you must but keep it passive in case the popo is out using NV, scan that field with thermal, you should see some movement even in the thick stuff, but remember he is being hunted by the popo so they could be out there too, make sure you ID your target, I would use white light due to friendlies that don't know you own the night and don't shoot unless threatened.

You do have NV,  thermal, IR laser, IR illumination and white light and can shoot NV passive right?
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 10:18:51 AM EDT
[#37]
I'd call  a social worker- guns are icky and I wouldn't want to hurt the poor, misunderstood gentleman.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:06:12 AM EDT
[#38]
Okay what if the fugitive was hot?  Cause we got a women's prison down the road.

Asking for a friend.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:11:43 AM EDT
[#39]
Full auto Sten MK6
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:18:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
since he just escaped, he most likely does not have NV, feel free to go active if you must but keep it passive in case the popo is out using NV, scan that field with thermal, you should see some movement even in the thick stuff, but remember he is being hunted by the popo so they could be out there too, make sure you ID your target, I would use white light due to friendlies that don't know you own the night and don't shoot unless threatened.

You do have NV,  thermal, IR laser, IR illumination and white light and can shoot NV passive right?
View Quote
Got thermal and white light, no to everything else. Definitely should get a light for the 870, tho.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:27:21 AM EDT
[#41]
my next door neighbor turned cop killer in my neighborhood was a similar adventure as we thought he might come through our house. Rattler in 300BO and 365xl stuffed into my PC. Rattler slung but on body until we knew he was surrounded.

Wife got a henry 357. she's not as into guns as I am, but shoots the shit out of her red ryder.

I have since stamped and gotten a can for the rattler. Also my NODs show up today. I have options for passive but gonna need to learn about active. Thermal is on the list but doesn't work through windows so wouldn't have been helpful in our case.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:27:49 AM EDT
[#42]
This happened to me last summer.

House is on top of a small mountain.  Cops called me because fleeing felon was headed up to my house, they staged down at the bottom out of fear of pushing him up.  City police and sheriff deputies responded.  Told me he was suspected of being armed and they'd be sending a team of shooters to my house- if I may be so kind as to show them the terrain.

I armed up with plate carrier, 11.5 FBI Clone-ish SBR, and a concealed glock 43x.  Swiped all the junk off the dining table and started staging medical and magazine bandos.

Couldn't evac Wife and infant twins because there was only one road in.

Incident commander kept telling me on the phone that he was coming right to me and to "get ready."

I patrolled from inside the house because I was afraid of being shot by police.

Shooters never showed and a few hours later they apprehended 110yds from my living room.  Marked it on OnX.  Matter of fact, I was texting screenshots of waypoints on my mapping app of where I thought he was.

He was hiding in a drainage that I would have had a perfect high angle on, but I was afraid of sticking my head over the lip of my steep driveway ridge and seeing SWAT glints.

I could have saved them several hours, but they wanted to fly drones every where but where I told them he was probably hiding.

Ended anti-climatically, so I went to sit in the backyard.  I was a little fired up, but clear headed throughout.  When I finally sat down, my hands started shaking so hard I couldn't get my beer koozie on.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:35:33 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Grew up with a loaded M1 carbine and an Ithaca 37 DS as the house guns.  Carbine had two more mags in a pouch on the stock all loaded with 110gr soft points.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Same thing I have now, house gun is a S&W MP9mm Compact with 2 spare mags loaded, my S&W Shield Plus with and extra mag as backup. If I know the felon is close I'll load a AR up, I keep one in the safe with 3 mags loaded. 2nd choice would be this

https://images20.fotki.com/v1678/photos/9/4114449/16408826/photo-vi.jpg.

Fulton Armory production M1 Carbine.

I've 3 good USGI 15 rounds mags loaded with this

Hornady .30 Carbine

Someone will say its my funeral but I wouldn't want to be hit by a couple of those, and if I need more than 45 rounds I'm dead anyway

Grew up with a loaded M1 carbine and an Ithaca 37 DS as the house guns.  Carbine had two more mags in a pouch on the stock all loaded with 110gr soft points.

That's how that Carbine in my post is set up now, using this modern design stock pouch

https://olongapooutfitters.com/equipment-and-gear/garand-stock-pouch-clone/

I also have this set up with 6 15 round mags loaded with Korean surplus mil spec ammo

Grab and Go

This is actually lighter than my SHTF AR setup and I figure that's enough for short term 'work" as needed.

If I have enough time I'll drop that Carbine into this stock

That rig folds up nice.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:36:10 AM EDT
[#44]
Anything and everything available..only the geeked out Glock fan girls will specifically name their" precious", but that's how they roll
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:37:19 AM EDT
[#45]
Same things I always have, rifle and handguns.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:38:52 AM EDT
[#46]
Pistol on my belt, with 5.56 rifles stationed where they are readily accessible.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 11:40:49 AM EDT
[#47]
I'd lock my doors and hide under the bed, guns are icky and can be used against you
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 12:28:36 PM EDT
[#48]
One guy?

870 Police with 00 buckshot. Maybe a few slugs ready.

Backup G19 with G17 mags and 124 gr gold dots.

Lock everything up and sit tight.
Link Posted: 9/18/2023 12:42:58 PM EDT
[#49]

Neighbor1:Did you hear about Bob?

Neighbor2: The gun guy?

Neighbor1: Yeah.

Neighbor2: What about him?

Neighbor1: The other night he killed that escaped felon in his backyard.

Neighbor2: Really?

Neighbor1: With a homemade spear...

Neighbor2: ...

Link Posted: 9/18/2023 12:44:25 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Helicopter; Texas DPS in this case.
View Quote
That is what folks in many inner cities call the PD choppers that are always searching for someone in their area.

Ice Cube mentions them in several of his songs...
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top