BCM
User Panel

Page / 63
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 3:08:22 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

damn you people.

No T64s were ever exported.  E. Germany was the only non USSR nation that had them.

Look at the barrel and count the road wheels.

and whoever said M60 should be shot.

Fucking children.

5 road wheels.  bore evacuater on the end.  Active IR search light.  T55.  IT does lack the gap between the 1st and 2nd road wheel.  Hand rail were on T55s.

Wrong barrel for T62

No hand rails on 72s, wrong profile, wrong barrel.
View Quote
I am shamed...  I was even thinking it was a T54/55 at first.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 3:27:45 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

A combination of bad recruiting rules and federal funding rules.

Being short of troops means a loss of money, and states can only recruit for a vacant position, so if fatty has an MOS that's long, if ya boot him out you may have a vacant slot for a year or more.
View Quote
Damn sad state of affairs. I have been out for  awhile though and someone that fat was absolutely unheard of
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 6:52:01 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Damn sad state of affairs. I have been out for  awhile though and someone that fat was absolutely unheard of
View Quote
There has got to be something more to that picture.

I can’t imagine they let someone get that fat in the Army.

I have heard two theories.

He was injured and during convalescence the drugs made him balloon.

He was discharged, got out, bulked up and was a critical mos that got recalled.

I really have a hard time believing the army would keep him in if he gained that much weight while active.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 7:54:08 PM EDT
[#4]
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Tri-tip on fire off the grill in the motor pool. I watched Sour Patch Kids glitter in the dark near the South PX Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like donuts in a staff meeting. Time to PT.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 8:38:01 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I've seen things you people wouldn't believe. Tri-tip on fire off the grill in the motor pool. I watched Sour Patch Kids glitter in the dark near the South PX Gate. All those moments will be lost in time, like donuts in a staff meeting. Time to PT.
View Quote
Bravo, sir.
Link Posted: 3/13/2018 11:08:02 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

I really have a hard time believing the army would keep him in if he gained that much weight while active.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've known a couple of guys that got injured, were put on corticosteroids and ballooned up big time.  I've also known a Marine that ate his way out of the Corps.  There is always a story, we just may not get it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 12:29:50 AM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 12:46:57 AM EDT
[#8]
They found a guy in my barracks in 2000 with one of those inflatable Softtub hot tubs in his room.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 1:29:03 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:  They found a guy in my barracks in 2000 with one of those inflatable Softtub hot tubs in his room.
View Quote
We have a Coleman one on the patio.  It's awesome.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 8:11:14 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View Quote

Well played!
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 8:13:32 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
I've known a couple of guys that got injured, were put on corticosteroids and ballooned up big time.  I've also known a Marine that ate his way out of the Corps.  There is always a story, we just may not get it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not to disparage a Marine, since it is a favorite past time, that is one piss poor officer in that picture.  That’s the saddest part of the whole thing.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 8:22:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Could be national guard. We took a guy to Iraq who was probably 400lbs. Maybe more. Huge, laying prone he was 24" tall.  Slept with a cpap  machine, took 5 minutes to get into the back of a truck. could not run, at all. He died from heart failure IIRC maybe a year after deployment.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 8:29:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Could be national guard. We took a guy to Iraq who was probably 400lbs. Maybe more. Huge, laying prone he was 24" tall.  Slept with a cpap  machine, took 5 minutes to get into the back of a truck. could not run, at all. He died from heart failure IIRC maybe a year after deployment.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why was he deployed in that condition?  What was his job?

Something like that seems like a failing of his chain of command more than anything else.  Give him a BCD and move on without him.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 11:15:15 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:  Why was he deployed in that condition?  What was his job?

Something like that seems like a failing of his chain of command more than anything else.  Give him a BCD and move on without him.
View Quote
Sounds like he was recalled from the IRR @ a time when insufficient # of volunteers were stepping up - and served honorably a year before his death.

How many ARFCOMers here could have served, or could be serving, but didn't?
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 11:47:39 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm telling you, I've seen it too many times, a new company or even battalion commander comes in, gives us the "Time to shape up or ship out speech," and the next thing you know, an S1 somewhere sees numbers declining and slow rolls or squashes it.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 1:19:29 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I'm telling you, I've seen it too many times, a new company or even battalion commander comes in, gives us the "Time to shape up or ship out speech," and the next thing you know, an S1 somewhere sees numbers declining and slow rolls or squashes it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Huh.  In the early 90's, when I got out, they were hard core anti fat in the Army.  One guy on our post Rugby team was also on the weightlifting team.  He had to get special orders from Ft Sam and a trip to a hydro dip tank to verify body fat, I think he came in at 10 or 12%.

I was on the post Rugby team, maxed out my PT test, except push ups, god I hated push ups, was usually the top 5 runner in the company, but I was a fat ass and had to be taped for weigh in.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 4:38:19 PM EDT
[#17]
I meme'ed myself.

I'm finally getting around to ordering new shoulderboards for my ASU's and as I'm checking out, Marlow White had a suggestion based on my order history.

Link Posted: 3/14/2018 4:54:28 PM EDT
[#18]
thatsstereotypical.jpg ???
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 5:10:34 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I meme'ed myself.

I'm finally getting around to ordering new shoulderboards for my ASU's and as I'm checking out, Marlow White had a suggestion based on my order history.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/3446/WO-482042.png
View Quote

Even Amazon knows
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 5:42:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:. Huh.  In the early 90's, when I got out, they were hard core anti fat in the Army.  One guy on our post Rugby team was also on the weightlifting team.  He had to get special orders from Ft Sam and a trip to a hydro dip tank to verify body fat, I think he came in at 10 or 12%.

I was on the post Rugby team, maxed out my PT test, except push ups, god I hated push ups, was usually the top 5 runner in the company, but I was a fat ass and had to be taped for weigh in.
View Quote
Post Gulf War cutbacks vs Iraq War surge.
Link Posted: 3/14/2018 6:20:33 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Huh.  In the early 90's, when I got out, they were hard core anti fat in the Army.  One guy on our post Rugby team was also on the weightlifting team.  He had to get special orders from Ft Sam and a trip to a hydro dip tank to verify body fat, I think he came in at 10 or 12%.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Had that problem the whole time I was Guard. The last time I got taped, the guy told me I could gain 25-30 pounds and still make it with room to spare. Apparently I really DO have big bones!
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 4:03:20 PM EDT
[#22]
Ignorance is bliss....

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 4:10:23 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

yes, deployed. waddled around camp slayer. He was a gate guard, mostly.  He was huge. if he laid on his stomach to sleep, his face would not touch the mattress, just hover in air.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 4:26:20 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 6:32:16 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 6:36:55 PM EDT
[#26]
Wrong thread?
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 6:51:21 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Wrong thread?
View Quote
Yep, it was right next to "You laugh you lose" on my phone.... Fat fingers.
Link Posted: 3/15/2018 8:55:56 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wrong thread?
Laughs, now that is funny
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 8:36:48 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Well... they did look better.
View All Quotes
Compared to the green polyester class A's I was issued, it would not be hard.  ...and OST
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 9:09:44 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 12:15:59 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 1:25:23 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 3/16/2018 5:30:01 PM EDT
[#33]
LOL this was me today.  I was clicking at everything.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 11:29:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 2:44:31 PM EDT
[#35]
He is a medtech, he hears the beeps.  The MX folks are the deaf ones.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 3:46:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Masturbated,  How about plowed the GF.
USS Kinkaid, Over the signal shack, during morning colors...
View Quote
Fucking lightweight.

I fucked an officer many times while airborne and on the ground IN various aircraft.

She thought the flightline and aircraft were some kind of sex den.

I have banged a chick in a sizable percentage of the Air Force's C130 fleet.
Link Posted: 3/17/2018 4:56:28 PM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 9:51:33 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 3/18/2018 3:45:07 PM EDT
[#39]
https://www.duffelblog.com/2013/12/10th-mountain-division/

BREAKING: 10th Mountain Division Nowhere Near Any Fucking Mountains

...“What the hell is happening to the Army?” Levin was overheard asking as he entered his limousine with Chastity and three of her friends. “Next thing they’ll tell me the 101st doesn’t jump out of planes!”...
View Quote
Link Posted: 3/20/2018 11:57:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 12:11:41 AM EDT
[#41]
Truest meme of the year.
Link Posted: 3/21/2018 12:47:26 AM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 4/2/2018 6:51:11 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 10:39:33 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 1:20:02 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 1:28:53 PM EDT
[#46]
There's 3 marines in my class group. This thread has provided me with a lot of good material.

I just wish I didn't have to explain things 3 times...
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 6:04:26 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
There's 3 marines in my class group. This thread has provided me with a lot of good material.

I just wish I didn't have to explain things 3 times...
View Quote
Draw it up n can atom, they’ll get it right away.

Guard the crayons though.
Link Posted: 4/3/2018 11:43:52 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:  They found a guy in my barracks in 2000 with one of those inflatable Softtub hot tubs in his room.
Current deployment, have a guy in my squadron that had one in his room
Link Posted: 4/4/2018 5:00:28 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
https://scontent-lga3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t1.0-9/26904196_1306123579532902_8774397846479470157_n.jpg?oh=0ab7c7873a9bc6cebb60523a3713e3ff&oe=5AFBC3B9

He left out the parts where he gets a company grade article 15 for attempting to use the spoon anyway, "failure to follow orders" and "gross disrespect to a senior noncommissioned officer by action" resulting in the private losing his stripe, docked 7 days pay, and given 14 days extra duty and restriction.

And where after 59 minutes his platoon leader offers up (without giving credit to the private) his suggestion of using the spoon - and is immediately awarded an impact army commendation medal.

Then, with much confusion, the broth is eaten frantically in the remaining minute - using spoons, forks, knives, mallets, the operators vehicle maintenance kit from a M151a1 "jeep" (which is the only tool the supply sergeant is willing to issue for this purpose) and bare hands...  Some soldiers resorting to slurping using their mouths directly in the pot.

Upon hearing of the successful eating of the broth, the battalion commander comes in to congratulate the company in a special formation, 2 minutes before the end of the duty day, by giving a 90 minute speech, complete with power point slides, on their continuing pattern of excellence.

Culminating with the presentation to the company commander, who never left his office, a bronze star*  "for inculcating an atmosphere of mission first, no matter the cost, while placing the welfare of his people at the apex of his priority pyramid"

*a bronze star can be awarded without V device (V for valor) "for service" because it is technically a combat theater of operations

Six months later, with much fanfare, the 2nd lieutenant platoon leader is awarded $10,000 by the Army Ideas for Excellence Program when his suggestion to "utilize a spoon when consuming broth" is instituted army-wide.  The plt ldr still doesn't credit the private (who has just earned back his single stripe) and spends the money on video games.

Although there have been numerous meetings of generals, field grade officers, defense contractors, and military industry lobbyists at special conferences in Las Vegas, the issue of why everybody has to circle around and eat broth from the same pot still hasn't been resolved.  The word "bowls" is not allowed to be mentioned during these discussions.
View Quote
Holy shit. Did we serve in the same company?
Link Posted: 4/6/2018 8:42:53 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 63
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top