Page / 15
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:05:11 PM EDT
[#1]
Page 6 for Mila!

https://gofund.me/a118b359
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:11:59 PM EDT
[#2]
Goddamn this board is something else.

No one can agree on shit...ever....unless it's stuff like this.

I fucking love it.

I hope it hits 50k.

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#3]
Done and done!

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:28:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Hit. I have two daughters and I can't even imagine what you're going through. Hopefully this helps allow you to worry about what matters most right now.

Cheers to whoever just hit it for $8,000! This place rocks!
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:29:38 PM EDT
[#5]
Sincere thanks, Brothers.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:30:41 PM EDT
[#6]
Hit

Wish it could have been more

God bless and wishing your family a speedy recovery!

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:32:20 PM EDT
[#7]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Hit

View Quote

All donations are the same in the eyes of the Lord.  Thank you Brother.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:43:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 12:51:52 PM EDT
[#9]
No page 2
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:04:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hit

Cannot emphasize this enough.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:06:46 PM EDT
[#11]
Some motivational breakfast pron.

Brisket hash...

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:21:27 PM EDT
[#12]
Hi everyone,

This is Mila's mom Jenna.  Thank you doesn't seem enough to express my gratitude for the overwhelming support you ALL have shown our Family. I can't thank you enough.

As you can imagine having a daughter diagnosed with cancer flips your world upside down. One day you enjoying life with your children and the next you're spending weeks in the hospital watching helplessly as your daughter endures these potent chemo meds and praying they work.

The stress hasn't let up one bit since diagnosis 7 weeks ago - from hospital stays, appts, deciding surgery options, trying to find balance for your other child when you're gone 5 days a week, and of course the huge financial impact.  By generously easing the financial burden this diagnosis has taken on our family you are all allowing us to put all of our focus on just caring for Mila and Niko.

I have watched (and sometimes had to tolerate) my husband being a member of this unbelievable community for 10 years now. I won't lie, I wasn't thrilled when he went to Virginia a couple of years ago but I understand now why he was compelled to do it.  We have met and made some lifelong friends on here and its obvious to me now why he felt so strongly about being there to support the other members.
Arfcom continues to be be a big part of our lives and we are fortunate to be involved with such an exceptional group of individuals!

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

Ps. I still don't understand my husband's obsession with crabmeat and model trains. He just laughs hysterically when I ask him to explain it to me. But I do know one thing....... that chili has beans in it.

Jenna
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:31:58 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Hi everyone,

This is Mila's mom Jenna.
<snip>
But I do know one thing....... that chili has beans in it.

Jenna
View Quote
I say we keep her.

All in favor?
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:36:27 PM EDT
[#14]
Because of this thread i’m going out wearing my arfcom birthday suit

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:38:59 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Hi everyone,

...But I do know one thing....... that chili has beans in it.

Jenna
View Quote

IBTL

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:39:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I say we keep her.

All in favor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi everyone,

Jenna
I say we keep her.

All in favor?

Everything was fine until beans.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:41:16 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Because of this thread i'm going out wearing my arfcom birthday suit

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/27570/BA02ACC6-3C07-4071-A65F-8811AA4A17EF_jpe-2232983.JPG
View Quote

Yassss!

Let's get #pinkhatsformila trending!
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:42:29 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote

It's OK, RH.  If it's any consolation, Mila absolutely LOVED your meat sauce on her spaghetti.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:46:41 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

It's OK, RH.  If it's any consolation, Mila absolutely LOVED your meat sauce on her spaghetti.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ill need to try that...
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:47:16 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:49:51 PM EDT
[#21]
I’m in! God bless you! Team Emma forever!….and Fuck Cancer!
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:50:54 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 1:52:41 PM EDT
[#23]
In 2010 my wife finished her last round of radiation after 13 rounds of chemo for triple negative breast cancer. An incredibly aggressive cancer with no followup treatments available. We were freaking out about her health, her loss of income and the high OOP we would need to pay.

One evening I mentioned the situation on the phone to one of my internet car buddies I was selling a Torino part to. This was before GFM existed.

I woke up the next day to $10000 in my paypal account. My friend made an appeal on the car forum I admin'd on for help and overnight they collected that much money in his PayPal. This was on a board much smaller than this one. This literally saved our financial lives.

I tell this story for the OP. I had tremendous anxiety over accepting the funds. It compromised my ability to mod the forum but much more than that, it was incredibly hard to accept the charity of my car brothers. I felt like I was relinquishing my duty to provide for my family. I realized that I just needed to be humble and accept the fact that others wished us well and felt so strongly they would contribute financially to do so.

I mean, it was for my family I needed to swallow my pride. It's harder to do that than accept 10k from people who love you. Odd is it not?

2012 Mrs. ToledoXJ. She's just as awesome in 2022

God bless you and your family.

Oh, and IN on this mission
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:04:53 PM EDT
[#24]
Ttt
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:05:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Ttt
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:05:50 PM EDT
[#26]
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:12:17 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:15:27 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
In 2010 my wife finished her last round of radiation after 13 rounds of chemo for triple negative breast cancer. An incredibly aggressive cancer with no followup treatments available. We were freaking out about her health, her loss of income and the high OOP we would need to pay.

One evening I mentioned the situation on the phone to one of my internet car buddies I was selling a Torino part to. This was before GFM existed.

I woke up the next day to $10000 in my paypal account. My friend made an appeal on the car forum I admin'd on for help and overnight they collected that much money in his PayPal. This was on a board much smaller than this one. This literally saved our financial lives.

I tell this story for the OP. I had tremendous anxiety over accepting the funds. It compromised my ability to mod the forum but much more than that, it was incredibly hard to accept the charity of my car brothers. I felt like I was relinquishing my duty to provide for my family. I realized that I just needed to be humble and accept the fact that others wished us well and felt so strongly they would contribute financially to do so.

I mean, it was for my family I needed to swallow my pride. It's harder to do that than accept 10k from people who love you. Odd is it not?

https://i.postimg.cc/0yMHfB7b/100-6375.webp

View Quote

Thanks @ToledoXJ. You've got a pretty good understanding of how I feel.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:37:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or not...
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:38:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I say we keep her.

All in favor?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Hi everyone,

Jenna
I say we keep her.

All in favor?
Aye!
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:39:26 PM EDT
[#31]
For Jenna and Mila...

"Butterflies are like women. We make look pretty and delicate but we can fly through a hurricane."

- Betty White -
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:44:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep and 12 years from now you will still feel exactly the same but being on the other side of the coin as a donor, a few bucks won't burden me. I don't care if you blow it on beer or a pony ride for your kids as long as it takes a little weight off so don't burden yourself.

I pray for your kids' complete recovery and you and your wife's health and well being.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:49:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Awesome posts...

And Bump!
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:50:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
I say we keep her.

All in favor?
View Quote

Aye
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:55:00 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Aye
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I say we keep her.

All in favor?

Aye
Motion has passed.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 2:57:15 PM EDT
[#36]
Chihuahua...

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:05:02 PM EDT
[#37]
Bump!
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:07:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Motion has passed.
View Quote

Even if she glows a little!
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:13:10 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Yep and 12 years from now you will still feel exactly the same but being on the other side of the coin as a donor, a few bucks won't burden me. I don't care if you blow it on beer or a pony ride for your kids as long as it takes a little weight off so don't burden yourself.

I pray for your kids' complete recovery and you and your wife's health and well being.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Perspective.

You delivered it.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:21:36 PM EDT
[#40]
I'm going to buy another membership just so I can post some dog pics for her.  I had cancer in 2019-2020. 9 months out of work on chemo. Fuck that shit, no child should have to go through that.

Prayers for you and your family.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:27:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Thank you Brother  - and bumped to make it to $30K!

HIT THIS!
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:30:00 PM EDT
[#42]
Update shared on the page.

With the continued level of support I have bumped the target up to 30k!

It has been an amazing 25 hours.

Many have responded to the thank you messages that I have sent out on behalf of George and his family, thanking me for getting this organized to support them. I greatly appreciate those thoughts but want to be clear about this effort.

Many people are a much bigger part of this behind the scenes than I. What allowed me to fill this role was being retired and having the time on my hands.

Thank you all who have donated and are praying for Mila and Niko. Thank you all who have reached out asking what else can be done.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:33:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Cancer sucks.  I’m in for some Benjamins.  Good luck and Godspeed
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Donated.  Duke says hello and good luck Mila!

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:43:05 PM EDT
[#45]
2 is 1.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:47:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Update shared on the page.

With the continued level of support I have bumped the target up to 30k!

It has been an amazing 25 hours.

Many have responded to the thank you messages that I have sent out on behalf of George and his family, thanking me for getting this organized to support them. I greatly appreciate those thoughts but want to be clear about this effort.

Many people are a much bigger part of this behind the scenes than I. What allowed me to fill this role was being retired and having the time on my hands.

Thank you all who have donated and are praying for Mila and Niko. Thank you all who have reached out asking what else can be done.
View Quote

You have been a vessel for God's grace. Amazing what can be done with good will and a keyboard. Mila and Niko know that people are pulling for them.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:49:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Thank you Brothers for your generosity!
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:56:40 PM EDT
[#48]
TTT (old school for "bump")

Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:57:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Hi everyone,

This is Mila's mom Jenna.  Thank you doesn't seem enough to express my gratitude for the overwhelming support you ALL have shown our Family. I can't thank you enough.

As you can imagine having a daughter diagnosed with cancer flips your world upside down. One day you enjoying life with your children and the next you're spending weeks in the hospital watching helplessly as your daughter endures these potent chemo meds and praying they work.

The stress hasn't let up one bit since diagnosis 7 weeks ago - from hospital stays, appts, deciding surgery options, trying to find balance for your other child when you're gone 5 days a week, and of course the huge financial impact.  By generously easing the financial burden this diagnosis has taken on our family you are all allowing us to put all of our focus on just caring for Mila and Niko.

I have watched (and sometimes had to tolerate) my husband being a member of this unbelievable community for 10 years now. I won't lie, I wasn't thrilled when he went to Virginia a couple of years ago but I understand now why he was compelled to do it.  We have met and made some lifelong friends on here and its obvious to me now why he felt so strongly about being there to support the other members.
Arfcom continues to be be a big part of our lives and we are fortunate to be involved with such an exceptional group of individuals!

Thank you again from the bottom of my heart.

Ps. I still don't understand my husband's obsession with crabmeat and model trains. He just laughs hysterically when I ask him to explain it to me. But I do know one thing....... that chili has beans in it.

Jenna
View Quote

It's been an honor to be a small part of this. Stay strong and keep your heads up and Mila and Niko will draw from that. Prayers out for your family.
Link Posted: 1/8/2022 3:57:05 PM EDT
[#50]
My pup when I got her almost 7 years ago.

Attachment Attached File

Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top