BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:55:48 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Sam was the one who told the little cripple about it, otherwise he wouldn't have known about it.

I think Bronn talks a tough game, but deep down he has a conscious and certain code of honor that trumps his greed.

Think like in Star Wars when Han Solo abandoned the rebel forces after he got his payment, but then shows up unexpectedly
to help destroy the Death Star when he didn't have to.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is Dany going to give up the chance of being on the Iron Throne if Jon's true claim comes to light?
I forgot where we left off. Does anyone know Jons true lineage a side from the little cripple?
Doesn't Sam figure it out at the end of the season?
Sam was the one who told the little cripple about it, otherwise he wouldn't have known about it.

Quoted:

Maybe, but that would be out of character for Bronn as well.

Remember Bronn's reaction to Jaime after their first encounter with Drogon?  "Dragons are where our partnerships ends.  I'm not going to be around when those things start spitting fire on Kings Landing."  After saying that it would be a complete 180 to decide he's going to march North to help fight 100,000+ wights.

Bronn wants a castle and a highborn beauty for a wife, but he's also shown he's not willing tackle nearly impossible odds to do it.  Fighting the Mountain, fighting dragons (again), etc.
I think Bronn talks a tough game, but deep down he has a conscious and certain code of honor that trumps his greed.

Think like in Star Wars when Han Solo abandoned the rebel forces after he got his payment, but then shows up unexpectedly
I think he does too.  At least to some extent.  However, traveling 1,500 miles to help fight an army of 100,000 undead soldiers knowing there is damn near a 0% chance you are coming back alive is pushing it, IMO.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 4:58:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Bronn has 3 choices. Stay with Jamie, side with Cersei (who hates him), or strike out on his own. Staying with Jamie is the only logical choice for a guy like Bronn to get what he wants.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Remember Bronn's reaction to Jaime after their first encounter with Drogon?  "Dragons are where our partnerships ends.  I'm not going to be around when those things start spitting fire on Kings Landing."  After saying that it would be a complete 180 to decide he's going to march North to help fight 100,000+ wights.

Bronn wants a castle and a highborn beauty for a wife, but he's also shown he's not willing tackle nearly impossible odds to do it.  Fighting the Mountain, fighting dragons (again), etc.
Bronn has 3 choices. Stay with Jamie, side with Cersei (who hates him), or strike out on his own. Staying with Jamie is the only logical choice for a guy like Bronn to get what he wants.
I stick with his "Dragons are where our partnerships ends. I'm not going to be around when those things start spitting fire on Kings Landing" line.

Of course Dumb and Dumber could have his character do a 180 for the sake of their story.  Like when they had Tormund tell Jon to bend the knee to Daenerys.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Did he not give that to lady Brienne or w.e the fuck her name is?
View Quote
Oathkeeper and Widows Wail were made from Ice, Ned Starks sword. Jaime gave Oathkeeper to Breinne but he kept Widows Wail. The scene where before he gives the poison to Olenna, she asks if it he'll use his sword, and ids it as Widows Wail.

Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:01:40 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Ice was used to form Oathkeeper and Widow's Wail.

Tywin gave Oathkeeper to Jaime.  Jaime gave it to Brienne.

Widow's Wail (he really was a cunt) was given to Joffrey by Tywin.  Joffrey died.  Tommen got the sword.  Tommen died.  Jaime got the sword.
View Quote
Thanks
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I stick with his "Dragons are where our partnerships ends. I'm not going to be around when those things start spitting fire on Kings Landing" line.

Of course Dumb and Dumber could have his character do a 180 for the sake of their story.  Like when they had Tormund tell Jon to bend the knee to Daenerys.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Who the F is D n D that you keep talking about?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:11:48 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Bronn was talking about ending their partnership if the Dragons attack them again. But now Jaime is siding with the dragons, I'll bet that Bronn goes with him. I just can't see him sticking around with Cersei. He back Tyrion too many times when they were in Kings Landing, and had a hand in getting rid of at least one of Cerseis allies in the city, Janos Slynt. Bitch carries a grudge. If Bronn stays in Kings Landing, she'll take out her anger towards Jaime on him.

Cersei had dwarfs killed all over Westeros, and had Janos Slynt murdering Roberts bastard babies because she hated their father. She'd definitely have Bronn taken out as soon as Jaime leaves.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:12:15 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

David Benioff and Dan Weiss (aka: Dumb and Dumber) are the showrunners.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:18:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Bronn was talking about ending their partnership if the Dragons attack them again. But now Jaime is siding with the dragons, I'll bet that Bronn goes with him. I just can't see him sticking around with Cersei. He back Tyrion too many times when they were in Kings Landing, and had a hand in getting rid of at least one of Cerseis allies in the city, Janos Slynt. Bitch carries a grudge. If Bronn stays in Kings Landing, she'll take out her anger towards Jaime on him.

Cersei had dwarfs killed all over Westeros, and had Janos Slynt murdering Roberts bastard babies because she hated their father. She'd definitely have Bronn taken out as soon as Jaime leaves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

So he said he's not going to be in KL when dragons attack regardless of the prize, but he is okay being in Winterfell when an army of 100,000+ dead men attack?  I just don't see it.  But like I said: I wouldn't be shocked if they had another character do a 180 for the sake of storytelling.

I hope he does go North though.  Could be interesting.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:21:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I had a thought that maybe she did die and the faceless man took her face?
View Quote
I doubt it.  I think it was just one of those typical TV just rub some dirt on it and it will be OK things.

I see wounds all the time on TV and movies that IRL the person would be fucked, but I doesn't phase the character.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:24:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Speaking of Dumb and Dumber though: I already knew were making a show called Confederate where there is still slavery in the South (considering they are a couple of SJW cucks it's not hard to imagine what that's going to be like), but now I see they are going to be put in charge of a new series of Star Wars films.

So after SJW's ruined Star Wars they are handing the reins over to a new group of SJW's.

Reminds me of Sansa's quote to Littlefinger: "you rescued me from monsters that murdered my family and then gave me to other monsters that murdered my family."
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 5:53:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

So he said he's not going to be in KL when dragons attack regardless of the prize, but he is okay being in Winterfell when an army of 100,000+ dead men attack?  I just don't see it.  But like I said: I wouldn't be shocked if they had another character do a 180 for the sake of storytelling.

View Quote
I'm not saying he's gonna cheerfully enlist in the Nights Watch, but what other options does he really have?
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 6:00:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I'm not saying he's gonna cheerfully enlist in the Nights Watch, but what other options does he really have?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Carefully steal a bunch of gold (if he doesn't already have some stashed away), set sail for Lys, and ride out the Apocalypse in pleasure houses.

Of course for the sake of the show that would never happen.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 6:04:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I doubt it.  I think it was just one of those typical TV just rub some dirt on it and it will be OK things.

I see wounds all the time on TV and movies that IRL the person would be fucked, but I doesn't phase the character.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That kind of stuff always reminds me of that scene in Last Action Hero where Schwarzenegger is bleeding out in the real world about to die, gets taken back to movie fantasy world, and the doctor exams him saying "is this some kind of joke?  I wouldn't even call this a flesh wound!"
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 6:15:19 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote
He's not going to survive.  He and Cersei came into the world together, and they will leave the world together.  It would be really cool if Bran told him about Ned Stark's offer.  Remember in Season 1 Ned offered Cersei a chance to leave with her children before telling Robert (which ended up being his downfall).  If she had taken him up on that, they'd probably all be alive today.  Tywin would have either protected them at the Rock, or sent them to Essos beyond Stannis' reach.  Jamie was never one for titles, and I think he would have been happy to live in obscurity in some mansion in the Free Cities with Cersei and their children.  Cersei is the one who had to sacrifice everything for power.
Link Posted: 3/7/2019 6:16:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He's not going to survive.  He and Cersei came into the world together, and they will leave the world together.  It would be really cool if Bran told him about Ned Stark's offer.  Remember in Season 1 Ned offered Cersei a chance to leave with her children before telling Robert (which ended up being his downfall).  If she had taken him up on that, they'd probably all be alive today.  Tywin would have either protected them at the Rock, or sent them to Essos beyond Stannis' reach.  Jamie was never one for titles, and I think he would have been happy to live in obscurity in some mansion in the Free Cities with Cersei and their children.  Cersei is the one who had to sacrifice everything for power.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

He’s talking about Bronn.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:34:13 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joffery had them murdered because he heard he was not a true Baratheon and he didn't want any of the kings actual kids to exist.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:57:51 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 1:08:34 PM EDT
[#18]
You can now bet on which character will die first.

DAENARYS TARGARYEN +220 vs. CERSEI LANNISTER -340

SANSA STARK +140 vs. ARYA STARK -200

JON SNOW -260 vs. BRAN STARK +160

TYRION LANNISTER +220 vs. JAIME LANNISTER -340

MELISANDRE -360 vs. DAVOS SEAWORTH +230

SANDOR CLEGANE (THE HOUND) +375 vs. GREGOR CLEGANE (THE MOUNTIAN)  -700

THEON GREYJOY +100 vs. EURON GREYJOY -150

GILLY -1000 vs. HOT PIE +450

BRIENNE OF TARTH +210 vs. TORMUND GIANTSBANE -320

BRONN +200 vs. VARYS -300
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 3:56:31 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 4:56:47 PM EDT
[#20]
It’s probably unlikely she really is though.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 4:59:53 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
It’s probably unlikely she really is though.
View All Quotes
Everyone is going to get slaughtered.

I hope it makes Little Big Horn look like a trip to the playground.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:05:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I meant it's probably unlikely she is really the greatest assassin in Westeros.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:24:47 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View Quote
The mountain has quite a following.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:25:35 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Everyone?  So, Night King and his 3 dragons rule till summer?
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:27:49 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Those numbers mean if you want to bet on the Mountain being killed before the Hound you'd have to risk $700 to win $100.

If you want to bet on the Hound being killed before the Mountain you'd have to risk $100 to win $375.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:31:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Red Priest?  She is in Essos after all.
View Quote
I think the whole scene with Arya and her nemesis fighting was a plot device to show just how far Arya had developed.

Arya was used to being blind so she defeated her opponent by taking her where Arya was comfortable and her opponent wasn't.  Also it explained why her sight was really taken away.  It was for training not really for punishment.

IMO Arya is Arya not someone wearing her face and not resurrected by the red chick.  I'm sure there would have been something alluding(forshadowing) to it if the Red chick had been involved.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I think the whole scene with Arya and her nemesis fighting was a plot device to show just how far Arya had developed.

Arya was used to being blind so she defeated her opponent by taking her where Arya was comfortable and her opponent wasn't.  Also it explained why her sight was really taken away.  It was for training not really for punishment.

IMO Arya is Arya not someone wearing her face and not resurrected by the red chick.  I'm sure there would have been something alluding(forshadowing) to it if the Red chick had been involved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which reminds me:

"I see a darkness in you. And in that darkness, eyes starring back at me. Brown eyes, blue eyes, green eyes. Eyes you'll shut forever. We will meet again."

-Melisandre to Ayra in S3.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 6:10:58 PM EDT
[#28]
Ayra is just running away from a zombified Gendry
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 8:37:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know and I agree.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:10:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Game Of Thrones Season 8 Teaser - Night King and White Walkers True Goals Explained
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:28:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Arya is herself. If it wasn't her Nymeria would have ripped her to shreds when they were reunited.

Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:53:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View Quote
I don't know where she is, but apparently she has a big enough role to play that she's included

in cast group photo and is on the cover of Entertainment Weekly.

Note about that; EW is publishing 16 different GoT covers for the finale.
Apparently they know how to capitalize on the fan, collectors market.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 9:57:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah she would have died without modern medial treatment.  Sometimes you just have to turn off reality when watching shows about dragons and magic.
why would a man care about killing the Frays?
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:07:38 PM EDT
[#34]
Here's my expectation for the last season. There will be a number of extended battle scenes - best combat sequences ever filmed! (sarc) - that will not advance the plot at all. Approximately 20% of the entire season will actually contain relevant plot development. The cinematography, special effects, and costumes will all be phenomenal. The story will be weak, character development absent. Martin will laugh at the absurdity of it, but still not finish the books. The end.

Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Yes, Oathkeeper.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like Jaime, but unless he somehow grows another right hand I don't see how.  Ever since his maiming he has struggled to beat standard enemies one-on-one.

His Valyrian steel sword will definitely help though.
Yes, Oathkeeper.
iirc he carries Widow's Wail now
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:21:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I think he does too.  At least to some extent.  However, traveling 1,500 miles to help fight an army of 100,000 undead soldiers knowing there is damn near a 0% chance you are coming back alive is pushing it, IMO.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Is Dany going to give up the chance of being on the Iron Throne if Jon's true claim comes to light?
I forgot where we left off. Does anyone know Jons true lineage a side from the little cripple?

Quoted:

He'd also get to see the Imp again, plus he probably knows that the undead will kill everyone if they are not stopped. Maybe if he can't get rich (and so far every time he gets close fate conspires against him) he'll settle for being a big damn hero.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:23:33 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

that was Jof, she was horrified when she found out
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:24:44 PM EDT
[#38]
I'd bet money that Jaime gonna kill Cersie
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:25:20 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Here's my expectation for the last season. There will be a number of extended battle scenes - best combat sequences ever filmed! (sarc) - that will not advance the plot at all. Approximately 20% of the entire season will actually contain relevant plot development. The cinematography, special effects, and costumes will all be phenomenal. The story will be weak, character development absent. Martin will laugh at the absurdity of it, but still not finish the books. The end.

View Quote
So what you're doing is setting the bar so low you can't help but to be pleasantly surprised and not disappointed.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:26:02 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
that is a very good point, forgot about that

it does throw things in a very different light
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:26:38 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I don't know where she is, but apparently she has a big enough role to play that she's included

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24334/3498h943ho9p485whp9w34h_jpg-870758.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24334/438awhiawbedkjsbawshes8o_14_jpg-870759.JPG
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24334/3498h943ho9p485whp9w34h_jpg-870758.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/24334/438awhiawbedkjsbawshes8o_14_jpg-870759.JPG
The last we saw of her in S7 she said she was going to Volantis.  When Varys tells her she should stay there her response is:

"I will return, dear spider. One last time. I have to die in this strange country. Just like you."

The last couple of seasons those red priestesses sure have done a great job of scaring the shit out of Varys.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:37:06 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
He'd also get to see the Imp again, plus he probably knows that the undead will kill everyone if they are not stopped. Maybe if he can't get rich (and so far every time he gets close fate conspires against him) he'll settle for being a big damn hero.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Bronn just saw Tyrion.  And while he might like him it's not like they are in love and he's going to risk everything just to see him again.

If the undead aren't stopped they will kill everyone.  However, one more upjumped cutthroat is unlikely to tip the scales.

Spend the rest of his days in the best pleasure houses in the world or travel 1,500 miles to freeze his ass off, help fight 100,000 fast moving zombies, and almost certainly die?  For S1-S7 Bronn this would be a no-brainer.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 10:37:29 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I like Jaime, but unless he somehow grows another right hand I don't see how.  Ever since his maiming he has struggled to beat standard enemies one-on-one.

His Valyrian steel sword will definitely help though.
Yes, Oathkeeper.
Yeah, but she carries Oathkeeper.
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:30:14 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
My bad. His mom only blew up half the city during her ragefest.

He really was a cunt, wasn't he?
Link Posted: 3/8/2019 11:39:55 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
So what you're doing is setting the bar so low you can't help but to be pleasantly surprised and not disappointed.
View Quote
No, not that low. But I sure as heck remember season 7.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:13:22 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

The last we saw of her in S7 she said she was going to Volantis.  When Varys tells her she should stay there her response is:

"I will return, dear spider. One last time. I have to die in this strange country. Just like you."

The last couple of seasons those red priestesses sure have done a great job of scaring the shit out of Varys.
View Quote
Ever since a sorcerer hacked off his junk, I can't say I really blame him.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:46:39 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sometimes tragedies are necessary to restore order and rational leadership.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 12:49:22 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn’t just that.  In both scenes Varys started out cocky and smug thinking he had the upper hand and both scenes ended with him looking like he just saw a ghost.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 1:03:07 PM EDT
[#49]
Wrong thread.
Link Posted: 3/9/2019 2:29:50 PM EDT
[#50]
At the end when Snow is banging his aunt, what's up with Tyrion spying on the situation?
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top