BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 12:49:42 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Or she could have been hiding behind one of the 35 trees.  I don't understand everyone acting like she appeared out of thin air.
View Quote
Exactly.  ...no flying, and no unusual magic needed.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 12:59:36 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

You know that's another interesting thought.  If you go back and look at the scene, there are all these heavy iron grated baskets that Theon's men were using for their arrows and fire.  They look about two, maybe two and half feet tall, and pretty solid.  The actress that plays Arya is only 5'1 and the actor that plays the Night King is 6'1, so with a running start, and using the iron baskets to gain some jumping height, maybe the trajectory seen in the film really wasn't all that extraordinary for the character Arya.

Damn, if you really look at the scene, and what's around, there are all sorts ways Arya, with her particular skill set, could have made that jump running from a hidden position.  ...hmmmm.  Again, no flying, and no unusual magic needed
View Quote
Yeah that's pretty much what my mind filled in in real time when I saw the scene, that she had jumped off something on the ground like those arrow containers, bodies, whatever. I kind of wanted to see her approach, but I've expected it to be Arya for a long time and the leap didn't bother me like it seems to have bothered others, I mean they needed her at that height to get the shot from Bran's perspective like they did, not her fault he was in the chair.

It really wasn't that different from how I imagined it would play out, ambush from behind at an odd angle, catspaw to the heart. I just expected Jon to be holding his attention at the time rather than Bran.

It wouldn't surprise me if next week some of the details of the battle get filled in, I mean nobody knows WTF happened except Arya and Bran at this point, the survivors would be talking about their experiences.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:00:27 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Come on, they get high in the bathtub together. It's pretty much guaranteed that there's some scissor me timbers going on

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/177643/Screensho_png-930236.JPG

At least my dick is 100% sure (and has been beaten for its impertinence)
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on how frequently they're seen groping each other, pretending to kiss, etc. (not to mention Sophie's comments about wanting an Sansa/Arya sex scene) it's hard to imagine that Sophie and Maisie have never fooled around with each other.  Especially when you consider how much they like to party and drink and their proximity to each other when they stay in hotels.
Come on, they get high in the bathtub together. It's pretty much guaranteed that there's some scissor me timbers going on

The Bad Bitches of Winterfell.

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:02:01 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
GotDAMN!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Based on how frequently they're seen groping each other, pretending to kiss, etc. (not to mention Sophie's comments about wanting an Sansa/Arya sex scene) it's hard to imagine that Sophie and Maisie have never fooled around with each other.  Especially when you consider how much they like to party and drink and their proximity to each other when they stay in hotels.

At least my dick is 100% sure
GotDAMN!
Sophie loves to make that pussy pop.

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:17:38 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I bet they could get $1B for that sex tape.  For each.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://fsmedia.imgix.net/a8/21/58/0e/d94d/4aba/abfb/2788a231f608/cmon-guys--dont-be-like-cersei-and-jaime-or-uh-daenerys-and-jon.png?auto=format%2Ccompress&w=700
I bet they could get $1B for that sex tape.  For each.
Sophie's first choice was a Sansa/Arya sex scene.

Her second choice was a Sansa/Margaery sex scene.

About as close as we are going to get:

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:31:36 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Because they would have wiped out the wights before they got to Winterfell and there wouldn’t have been an episode 3 this season.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Why weren't the dragons used on a daily basis as the dead marched south?
Because they would have wiped out the wights before they got to Winterfell and there wouldn’t have been an episode 3 this season.
Maybe they need some time to recharge, and they aren't coping well with the north.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:59:19 AM EDT
[#7]
Was the one eye giant zombie the one Ramsay shot in the eye with his bow to kill during the battle of the bastards.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:59:29 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 1:59:43 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Yeah that's pretty much what my mind filled in in real time when I saw the scene, that she had jumped off something on the ground like those arrow containers, bodies, whatever. I kind of wanted to see her approach, but I've expected it to be Arya for a long time and the leap didn't bother me like it seems to have bothered others, I mean they needed her at that height to get the shot from Bran's perspective like they did, not her fault he was in the chair.

It really wasn't that different from how I imagined it would play out, ambush from behind at an odd angle, catspaw to the heart. I just expected Jon to be holding his attention at the time rather than Bran.

It wouldn't surprise me if next week some of the details of the battle get filled in, I mean nobody knows WTF happened except Arya and Bran at this point, the survivors would be talking about their experiences.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You know that's another interesting thought.  If you go back and look at the scene, there are all these heavy iron grated baskets that Theon's men were using for their arrows and fire.  They look about two, maybe two and half feet tall, and pretty solid.  The actress that plays Arya is only 5'1 and the actor that plays the Night King is 6'1, so with a running start, and using the iron baskets to gain some jumping height, maybe the trajectory seen in the film really wasn't all that extraordinary for the character Arya.

Damn, if you really look at the scene, and what's around, there are all sorts ways Arya, with her particular skill set, could have made that jump running from a hidden position.  ...hmmmm.  Again, no flying, and no unusual magic needed

I didn't either.  I just accepted it in real time.  But after all the post discussing it, I went back to see if my perception and opinion were really that unreasonable.  My conclusion stands.  I see no problem with the scene, or Arya killing the Night King.  I understand other people have other opinions, and that's absolutely ok.  Discussing it is fun.

It would be cool if they kind of filled in some details, maybe they will, I hope so, but I'm afraid even if we do, we'll not get the kinds of details that would satisfy the critics of that scene.  I just don't see Arya telling everyone step-by-step how she managed to make the kill, and honestly for some of the critics of that scene, I think that's what it might take to change their minds.  ah...who am I kidding, nobody changes their mind.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:18:38 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:24:57 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Was the one eye giant zombie the one Ramsay shot in the eye with his bow to kill during the battle of the bastards.
View Quote
Jon had been making sure to burn the dead for a while at that point.  Knowing the NK was coming and knowing he can raise the dead it would be beyond idiotic not to burn the body.

Speaking of which: where the hell did all those wight giants and wight mammoths go? All we got was one giant.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 2:50:55 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Jon had been making sure to burn the dead for a while at that point.  Knowing the NK was coming and knowing he can raise the dead it would be beyond idiotic not to burn the body.

Speaking of which: where the hell did all those wight giants and wight mammoths go? All we got was one giant.
View Quote
Maybe the Dothraki took them out? Dragonglass instakills actually makes them pretty vulnerable.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 3:04:42 AM EDT
[#13]
Bunch of bitches in here. Never written or created anything but spent a long time crying and criticizing in this thread.

So how does it end? I’m thinking Arya ends up being a lady after all. Ned said something about marrying her off. Would be unexpected.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 3:27:12 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Or she could have been hiding behind one of the 35 trees.  I dont understand everyone acting like she appeared out of thin air.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Looking at a overhead shot of Winterfell, it looks like Arya may have jumped from the tower inside of the Godswood. I believe that's the same tower Jamie pushed Bran from.

https://i.imgur.com/KxdR578.png
Or she could have been hiding behind one of the 35 trees.  I dont understand everyone acting like she appeared out of thin air.
Because she literally did from our (the viewer's) point of view? Last shot of her, we see her running off in the castle saying she's going to go take care of business. Next time we see her she's flying literally out of thin air at the night king. She can barely get around a few wights in a room and inside the castle but somehow snuck around a dozen white walkers and 10 times as many wights to get at the leader. Ever heard the term Deus Ex Machina? It's lazy story telling that has happened throughout the series with several characters "fast traveling" around the world of the show, and it's aptly applied here, especially considering nobody else can even get close to the guy.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:20:32 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 4:51:03 AM EDT
[#16]
When The Night King grabbed Arya by the neck, I heard the ice sound. Any chance Arya is now carrying some Night King?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:35:44 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
What the fuck, THREE episodes left?! This "season" is only six goddamn episodes long? This is horseshit. Abrupt endings are never good. There's WAY too much shit to tie up in just six episodes. Damn that's stupid.
View Quote
For all its warts, I'm going to miss it when it's gone.

Ain't much else worth watching on TV these days.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:38:09 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

For all its warts, I'm going to miss it when it's gone.

Ain't much else worth watching on TV these days.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:50:12 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Bunch of bitches in here. Never written or created anything but spent a long time crying and criticizing in this thread.

So how does it end? I’m thinking Arya ends up being a lady after all. Ned said something about marrying her off. Would be unexpected.
View Quote
Your second paragraph totally explains the first.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:51:43 AM EDT
[#20]
Game of Thrones Season 8 Review: "The Long Night" is a DISASTER!
The WORST Ending for Game of Thrones!
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:53:09 AM EDT
[#21]
There’s a theme in the writing
Game Of Thrones... Leroy Jenkins style
Theon Greyjoy goes Leeroy Jenkins
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 5:59:18 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Maybe the Dothraki took them out? Dragonglass instakills actually makes them pretty vulnerable.
View Quote
Except no one thought it was important to give the dragon glass. They were literally going into the battle with their normal swords. The red witch at least showed up and gave them flaming swords.

That’s probably why they charged. They had been watching everyone else receive weapons to kill the threat while they received nothing. Once they had flaming swords it was all fuck these guys, flaming swords!!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:30:04 AM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:48:24 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
When The Night King grabbed Arya by the neck, I heard the ice sound. Any chance Arya is now carrying some Night King?
View Quote
No.

That was just the NK holding back his super human strength in order to allow Arya the chance to kill him.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:49:50 AM EDT
[#25]
They were a bunch of barbarians who raped,  slaughtered and took prisoners.

Lol
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:51:02 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Niiice.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:51:37 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

They were a bunch of barbarians who raped,  slaughtered and took prisoners.

Lol
View Quote
Indians did the same thing.

Every race of people has done some fucked up shit.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 6:56:07 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The dragons napalmed at least one giant for sure.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:02:25 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
No.

That was just the NK holding back his super human strength in order to allow Arya the chance to kill him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
No.

Still worried Big Blue makes a come back.
Night King would have disappointed Archer’s Cheryl. No grip strength.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:10:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Next episode’s Kings Landing battle leaked footage
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:15:18 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

I stopped there.
View Quote
Me too.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:20:35 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Hound fights mountain.  
Hound is getting his ass kicked.
Arya jumps in, gets killed by mountain
Hound gets second wind and kills mountain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so since it would be lazy writing for John to kill the NK, does that mean neither the hound nor arya will kill the Mountain?
Hound fights mountain.  
I think Brienne will save the Hound.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:33:07 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
so since it would be lazy writing for John to kill the NK, does that mean neither the hound nor arya will kill the Mountain?
Hound fights mountain.  
So more girl power?  ughhhhh
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:05:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I remembered her more as a brunette. I was wrong
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sansa, Ros, and Melisandre.
ah. I didn't count her as a redhead
How do you not count Ros???  She may very well be the only real redhead in the bunch!

I remembered her more as a brunette. I was wrong
Should probably get you TV color calibrated.  She's def a ginger...
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:07:33 AM EDT
[#35]
Spend a few minutes on Google and You'll stop "hello nursing".  It's amazing what fashion and makeup can do...

Oh and that must have been a body double when she stood up in the bath...
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:08:30 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

And to validate several posters who have pointed out there is nothing new under the sun...I bring you the ending to Ralph Bakshi's "Wizards"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=4cZqRzHnI8s
View Quote
I freaking love "Wizards"
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:31:49 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote
Lol.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:36:41 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Let’s hope so.
Maybe at the end of the final episode they’ll do a closeup of Arya smiling and we’ll see a glint of icy blue in her eyes.
Just to piss people off.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:37:53 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/311470/A48B9C4C-B5B9-4EDF-874A-392149BA2C01-929887.jpg

Here's the only problem with focusing on Arya's jump.

...what about the undead soldiers walking around and getting their kill on.  
...being magically controlled by a 10,000 year old immortal created by pixies and magic
...while dragons are flying around breathing fire.  ...some orange and one blue.
...in an imaginary land that doesn't exist
...with human soldiers with magic steel
...zombie giants
...magic trees
...witches

...and a character making an impossible jump upsets your sense of disbelief?

really?
View Quote
There has got to be some new concept like "the uncanny valley" going on here.

Humanoid super natural magic wizard ice guy made as a bio-weapon that can raise the dead = OK.

Someone doing something slightly above "normal" = Can't stop thinking about how wrong it is.

Gotta blow through the suspension of disbelief or don't pass it at all. Hopping the fence and standing there like a dork grinning seems to grate on people.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:42:19 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Actually, some people here have written novels.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:47:13 AM EDT
[#41]
That doesn't work, a Leroy Jenkins attack ends in failure. The Dothraki charging into the dark is a Leroy Jenkins.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:56:31 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Spend a few minutes on Google and You'll stop "hello nursing".  It's amazing what fashion and makeup can do...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:11:22 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Humanoid super natural magic wizard ice guy made as a bio-weapon that can raise the dead = OK.

Someone doing something slightly above "normal" = Can't stop thinking about how wrong it is.

Gotta blow through the suspension of disbelief or don't pass it at all. Hopping the fence and standing there like a dork grinning seems to grate on people.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/311470/A48B9C4C-B5B9-4EDF-874A-392149BA2C01-929887.jpg

Here's the only problem with focusing on Arya's jump.

...what about the undead soldiers walking around and getting their kill on.  
...being magically controlled by a 10,000 year old immortal created by pixies and magic
...while dragons are flying around breathing fire.  ...some orange and one blue.
...in an imaginary land that doesn't exist
...with human soldiers with magic steel
...zombie giants
...magic trees
...witches

...and a character making an impossible jump upsets your sense of disbelief?

really?

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:15:28 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:21:59 AM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:25:25 AM EDT
[#46]
Winning.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:30:16 AM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:37:29 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The book that Sam was reading, on the same page as the dagger pic, describes how to make Valyrian steel-- melt down obsidian with dragon fire. Never discussed in the books or show; you have to pause and read the page.
View Quote

The Valyrians were familiar with dragonglass even before the
y came to Westeros.  They called it acutyl perzyl, which translates
to frozen fire in Valyrian, and
often texts tell of how their dra
gons would thaw the stone wi
th dragonflame until it became
molten and malleable.  The
Valyrians then used it to build
their strange monuments and b
uildings without seams and joints
of our modern calling.
When Aegon the Conquerer
forged his Seven Kingoms, he
and his descendants would often
decorate their blades with dragon
glass, feeling a kinship with the
stone.  The royal fashion for
dragonglass ornamentation soon
spread throughout the Seven
Kingdoms to those wealthy en-
ough to afford it.  Hilts and po-
mmels were are the most com-
on decoration for dragonglass if
too brittle to make a useful crossg
uard.  Indeed, its very brittleness is
what relegated it to the great houses and the most successful merch
ants.

Don't see anything about valyrian steel there?  Is it on the preceding page?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:47:59 AM EDT
[#49]

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:48:03 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Actually, some people here have written novels.
View Quote
No kidding. But how many of them spent pages arguing with the same person or making the same ignorant argument? I’m guessing zero.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top