Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 358
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:22:31 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Since you brought it up, I'll ask you to look at it.
Another weird thing I (think) I noticed in the opening sequence of the show. If you watch it, when they get to Winterfell, they seem to go down to the crypts, through the library, and out to the Godswoods. Is it possible they are showing us Aryas path?
View Quote
It's possible.  Rewatching the episode there were a number of indications.

The biggest one being Arya saying "not today", and then leaving Melisandre right around :55 mark.  At that particular time, it was before the Night King was thrown from Viserion, and more importantly before he raised the second wave of undead.

So, Arya left during a relative lull in operating undead.  The Night King wasn't killed until around :23 minutes later in film time.  Implying Arya had plenty of time to put her assassination attempt in place.

So, I think she arrived at the wood relatively quick and was already well hidden by the time the Night King and White Walkers enter the wood.  Theon and his men's battle was probably a good distraction.  But it also means she had to watch him and his men die.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:28:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
Okay guys (And girls?) Obviously we will not all agree on everything. But I think we can agree that this is probably the best thing to ever happen to television.
I wont speak for you all, but for myself, I'm a little sad that its coming to an end. As I posted earlier, we've got ten years invested in this show, and in 3 weeks its all over.
Bummer.
 This thread is fucked up.
I just want the next episode to air so we can quit arguing about this one.
View Quote
Not arguing, ... master debating.  It's fun.

Yeah, I'm kind of sad it's over.  I hope HBO or someone gets the balls to fund the production of something equally as good.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:33:12 PM EDT
[#3]
The biggest plot hole to me is it looks like they are going for cersei in episode 4.  Really? there's like 20 people left. Although it would be great if they took Kings landing with 20 people and 2 dragons.

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:39:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So, uh, did they get the gold into Kings Landing before the dragon attacked and destroyed the wagons?  
View Quote
Nope. Melted gold all over the Rose Road.

Poor Iron Bank will never be paid
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:41:20 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
It's weird because when the dead show up to the godswood, they act differently than they usually act. It doesn't really make sense. Why are they running around in a circle versus coming straight at them?
View Quote
We are looking at it from the view of Theon and his men so the director probably made it look like that to add the mood that they knew the dead were close but couldn't really see where they were coming from.  Or the NK ordered them to run in a circle until he thought they had the numbers to overwhelm the defenders.  Once the attack started the dead ran straight at them.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:41:47 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
HAHA! Sweet! You can use it to catch the next episode that I really hope they don't fuck up.
Ya know,
like they did the last one.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I see that you and your trailer survived the tornadoes!

It pleases me.
We did, even picked up someone's satellite dish I'm certain i can refurbish.
HAHA! Sweet! You can use it to catch the next episode that I really hope they don't fuck up.
Ya know,
like they did the last one.
Lol. Shit son, I use that high falutin world wide web for my HBO.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:43:54 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Arya's jump is ridiculous unless it was magical.

Her not breaking her neck when getting caught mid air coming down is ridiculous unless it was magical.

Her ghosting past an unded horde is ridiculous unless it was magical.

She might as well have teleported. Which is fine in a work of fiction *if you admit it was teleportation*.

So, Arya is a wizard. That's pretty much the only explanation.
View Quote
And taking other people's faces and becoming them is not a problem to you?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:49:01 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
So, uh, did they get the gold into Kings Landing before the dragon attacked and destroyed the wagons?  

Thousands of years later, this is the path Dorothy took to get to the King's Landing, or as it was known at the time...the Emerald City.  Which, of course, means that the Wizard was really just Maester Qyburn, who had mastered the secret of immortality.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 7:50:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Is anybody buying the music CD's

Game of Thrones Soundtrack - Ramin Djawadi - 13 The Night King
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:21:48 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

To change faces/identities yes...so your right the speed running to the tree and magical trampoline vault of destiny is not out of the question with no other plausible explanation.

Congrats I guess. They turned her into Captain Marvell.
View Quote
Her using a near by body to gain the what half a foot higher leap isn’t a plausible enough real world explanation? She’s trained and practiced in water dancing and easily could have gotten within that height. Watching the gif you can see her lift off and come down. I originally thought she had just flown in from above. The autist seem to be the only ones bothered.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:31:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gold did make it.

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:40:14 PM EDT
[#12]
Drake just gave an acceptance speech at the Billboard Music Awards and gave a shout out to Arya for stabbing dat bitch.

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:43:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Some people are claiming Dumb and Dumber definitely had this ending for the Night King planned for a long time and use the scene with Melisandre meeting Arya in S3 as "proof."

Why then in S3 did Melisandre say "brown eyes, blue eyes, and green eyes" and in S8 she changed it to "brown eyes, green eyes,.... and blue eyes"?  If they knew way back then why not have it be the same order?

Personally I think that was just a reference to Arya killing people in general and Dumb and Dumber are using that line as an excuse to shoehorn Arya killing the NK as "something they had planned all along."

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:44:41 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
The gold did make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_P4cFP0V4
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The gold did make it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2i_P4cFP0V4
They are fooling about.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:46:19 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Some people are claiming Dumb and Dumber definitely had this ending for the Night King planned for a long time and use the scene with Melisandre meeting Arya in S3 as "proof."

Why then in S3 did Melisandre say "brown eyes, blue eyes, and green eyes" and in S8 she changed it to "brown eyes, green eyes,.... and blue eyes"?  If they knew way back then why not have it be the same order?

Personally I think that was just a reference to Arya killing people in general and Dumb and Dumber are using that line as an excuse to shoehorn Arya killing the NK as "something they had planned all along."

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vEj1aN_Rmj0
View Quote
That's exactly my thinking, especially since they added the other quote ft her past into the episode... "Stick them with the pointy end."
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:48:56 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote
Make believe world ... ok
Crazy erratic seasons that last years ... ok
700' high, 300 mile long ice wall ...it could be done
Magic ... ok
Wildfire ...no problem
Dragons ...sure
Forrest Children ...yeah
10k year old immortal ice ghoul ...uhum
White Walkers....cool
Giants....neat
Undead Army....awesome

Arya does this ...

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:54:56 PM EDT
[#17]
Even a fantasy universe has rules that it operates by. This one has rules that have been established. Until it is convenient to forget them to make a surprise happen for the sake of surprise.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:57:56 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Don't think Jon could have taken the Night King anyway

https://www.instagram.com/p/BwxNHhOCV2M/?igshid=i2nckbg5o30p
View Quote
WTF did we not see any of that in the show?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:59:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

The biggest one being Arya saying "not today", and then leaving Melisandre right around :55 mark.  At that particular time, it was before the Night King was thrown from Viserion, and more importantly before he raised the second wave of undead.

So, Arya left during a relative lull in operating undead.  The Night King wasn't killed until around :23 minutes later in film time.  Implying Arya had plenty of time to put her assassination attempt in place.

So, I think she arrived at the wood relatively quick and was already well hidden by the time the Night King and White Walkers enter the wood.  Theon and his men's battle was probably a good distraction.  But it also means she had to watch him and his men die.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Another weird thing I (think) I noticed in the opening sequence of the show. If you watch it, when they get to Winterfell, they seem to go down to the crypts, through the library, and out to the Godswoods. Is it possible they are showing us Aryas path?

Except that they clearly show the wind from Arya's movement blowing the WW's hair as if she is moving fast. It's immediately before the shot of her dunking on the Night's King. The WWs were in position around the perimeter of the Godswood. D&D very clearly implied that she ran in from outside the Godswood, Leeroy Jenkins style.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 8:59:57 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Because it was expected and would have been boring.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:00:57 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Is anybody buying the music CD's

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W5madXjMXGc
View Quote
When is the album available?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:11:58 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's the choreography for the Tower of Joy fight scene.

https://ew.com/tv/2019/03/07/night-king-game-of-thrones-interview/

What stunts can we see you doing on Thrones before you became the Night King?

VLADIMIR FURDIK: I did a lot of horse falls, fire drops, high falls, sword fights. I doubled for Arthur Dayne [for the Tower of Joy fight scene]. I’m one of the men jumping from the boat in the fire [during Daenerys’ dragon attack].
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:13:13 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you serious?  Who the hell would want to see that?   Some badass fight between the White Walkers and our heroes that ended with the Night King dual-wielding swords vs Jon and Ayra with their Valyrian steel weapons?

Having the Night King walk up to Bran, look at him, and then having Arya jump out the bushes and stab him is obviously WAAAY better.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:23:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:32:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I think Jon killing the Night King would have been too obvious and anti-climatic.
View Quote
*Angry Nerd Noises*
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:37:30 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Except that they clearly show the wind from Arya's movement blowing the WW's hair as if she is moving fast. It's immediately before the shot of her dunking on the Night's King. The WWs were in position around the perimeter of the Godswood. D&D very clearly implied that she ran in from outside the Godswood, Leeroy Jenkins style.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, not necessarily.   There was a sound, which sounded like it could have been wind, or perhaps a distant scream (Jon?).  The White Walker's hair moved, and he slowly looked to his right. Almost causually. That's all we saw.

You can interpret that a few different ways.  One way I suppose is that Arya was running past him.  The other is that it was an example of a technique known as suspenseful cross-cutting, which is used to create a sense of expectation in the audience.

Right now I'm going with the latter.  It was just a theatrical device, because to me it looks like the White Walker in question wasn't in front.  Of course I could be wrong about everything.  I think will get a complete explanation of that scene, either theatrically, if not we'll get one from the film makers.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:38:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Arya's jump is ridiculous unless it was magical.

Her not breaking her neck when getting caught mid air coming down is ridiculous unless it was magical.

Her ghosting past an unded horde is ridiculous unless it was magical.

She might as well have teleported. Which is fine in a work of fiction *if you admit it was teleportation*.

So, Arya is a wizard. That's pretty much the only explanation.
It's well established in the universe of GOT that that's a thing that can happen. Maybe jumps from nowhere? Not well established at all.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:44:45 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Thousands of years later, this is the path Dorothy took to get to the King's Landing, or as it was known at the time...the Emerald City.  Which, of course, means that the Wizard was really just Maester Qyburn, who had mastered the secret of immortality.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Tyrion and Sansa's offspring now populate the city.

Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:45:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Magic ... ok
Wildfire ...no problem
Dragons ...sure
Forrest Children ...yeah
White Walkers....cool
Giants....neat
Undead Army....awesome

Arya does this ...

https://thecrazywatchers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/anigif_sub-buzz-6273-1556511276-1.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/TNX7zcSNWMqS4/giphy-downsized-large.gif

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Magic ... ok
Wildfire ...no problem
Dragons ...sure
Forrest Children ...yeah
White Walkers....cool
Giants....neat
Undead Army....awesome

Arya does this ...

https://thecrazywatchers.com/wp-content/uploads/2019/04/anigif_sub-buzz-6273-1556511276-1.gif

https://media.giphy.com/media/TNX7zcSNWMqS4/giphy-downsized-large.gif

Again, for the millionth time, suspension of disbelief does not imply no logic at all to what's going on. It's just that you employ different rules for the fictional setting than you do for the real world. There are still rules, and things that happen should make sense according to those rules.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:45:43 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

It's well established in the universe of GOT that that's a thing that can happen. Maybe jumps from nowhere? Not well established at all.
View Quote
That was my point. There are rules in this universe. That scene chose to ignore them for a surprise twist. It also chose to disregard what seemed to be the overarching story that the entire series was telling.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:47:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Are you serious?  Who the hell would want to see that?   Some badass fight between the White Walkers and our heroes that ended with the Night King dual-wielding swords vs Jon and Ayra with their Valyrian steel weapons?

Having the Night King walk up to Bran, look at him, and then having Arya jump out the bushes and stab him is obviously WAAAY better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I really think the simplest explanation is the best. They pocketed all the money for sweet cavalry charges, Ghost doing anything, any of the main characters doing anything, lighting to see what was going on, and any choreographed fight sequences and just went to the pub. Arya looked too young so she couldn't get in and had to shoot the ending.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:48:20 PM EDT
[#32]
Whatever happened to the Reed kids' dad?

Guess that's moot with the NK dead, but thought he might have shown up in the last two seasons.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:48:32 PM EDT
[#33]
What happened to the heavy horse of the knights of the vale?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
What happened to the heavy horse of the knights of the vale?
View Quote
Killed to feed 100,000 Dothraki
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 9:59:51 PM EDT
[#35]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And Tyrion and Sansa's offspring now populate the city.

https://proxy.duckduckgo.com/iu/?u=https%3A%2F%2Fsociorocketnewsen.files.wordpress.com%2F2016%2F07%2Fmind-blown.gif%3Fw%3D580%26h%3D435&f=1
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:02:56 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Her killing the NK is getting to be one of the most viewed pieces on Youtube.  Reaction shots from bars and other public venues have reached over 10,000,000 views.  It is impossible to count the times people have went to a video and watched it repeatedly.  I'm not going going to try the people that downloaded the video to keep.

This one has 3.3 million views alone has garnered 300,000 more views in the past day alone.

Game Of Thrones // Burlington Bar Reactions // S8E3 "THE DROP" Scene!!
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:08:11 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Her killing the NK is getting to be one of the most viewed pieces on Youtube.  Reaction shots from bars and other public venues have reached over 10,000,000 views.  It is impossible to count the times people have went to a video and watched it repeatedly.  I'm not going going to try the people that downloaded the video to keep.

This one has 3.3 million views alone has garnered 300,000 more views in the past day alone.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n5wm3fY5pCY
View Quote
Trying to watch my current favorite TV show live in a crowded noisy setting like that seems shitty to me.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:09:48 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:09:58 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote
... That's a weak fucking argument.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:11:00 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The villain that was built up to be the big bad of the entire 8 season series was just killed after it looked like "all hope was lost."  You could have had Sansa pull some far-fetched crafty bullshit and do the deed and the people there would have still cheered their asses off.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:12:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is?
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:15:47 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What is?
View Quote
That because the order is off they didn't plan this.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:20:15 PM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:22:52 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What is?
It's not an argument that they didn't plan this because the order was changed.  It's an argument that the scene between Melisandre and Arya in S3 is NOT incontrovertible proof that Dumb and Dumber had this planned for the better half of a decade in part because if they had there would be no reason to have the color out of order.

And then it's my PERSONAL OPINION that it was just a reference to Arya killing people in general and Dumb and Dumber are using that line as an excuse to shoehorn Arya killing the NK as "something they had planned all along."
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:26:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Mel showing up and reminding us of those things while saying hint hint is proof they backfilled it.
View Quote
Yep.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:26:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Guess that's moot with the NK dead, but thought he might have shown up in the last two seasons.
View Quote
He never appeared in the show or books except Bran's flashback.  He's not necessary for the story unless they need someone else to vouch for Jon's parentage.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:40:17 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
It reminds me of the shared experience of watching sports in bars. I used to enjoy that. Now I prefer staying home with my family and watching the big screen TV with my wife after the kids have gone to bed, and it's dark enough to see the f***ing picture.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:46:02 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

It's not an argument that they didn't plan this because the order was changed.  It's an argument that the scene between Melisandre and Arya in S3 is NOT incontrovertible proof that Dumb and Dumber had this planned for the better half of a decade in part because if they had there would be no reason to have the color out of order.

And then it's my PERSONAL OPINION that it was just a reference to Arya killing people in general and Dumb and Dumber are using that line as an excuse to shoehorn Arya killing the NK as "something they had planned all along."
View Quote
in the after episode thingy, D&D said that they knew 3 years ago that Arya would be the one killing the NK.  What they didn't say was if they decided that, or if GRRM told them that's how he was planning for it to happen
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:54:34 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
He never appeared in the show or books except Bran's flashback.  He's not necessary for the story unless they need someone else to vouch for Jon's parentage.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Thanks

Yeah, besides Tower of Joy and sending his kids to protect Bran there's not much said about him.
Link Posted: 5/1/2019 10:56:54 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of all the complaints about the NK death, this one I am certainly on board with. Would have loved to see him murdering some half men and main characters, even if it was before godswood.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top