BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:03:44 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
AGAIN, too many people survived this battle for the North not to win. THIS IS MY PROBLEM WITH THE PLOT! Bran is literally a GOD! He sees the past and he sees the future. With his precognition, and Arya’s faceless ability, there is no way the North loses. Dany goes mad queen and starts killing characters? Then why doesn’t Bran warn anybody? Golden Company surprises them somewhere. Why doesn’t Bran warn anybody? Any Stark dies... WHY DOESN’T BRAN WARN THEM!

Bran is God. People bow to him at his trees and prey to him. Be prepared people, because the writers are giving us Deus EX Machinas out the ass these final 3 episodes. It’s going to be horrendous.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Kit Harrington claims this Sunday’s episode is “so Shakespearean.”

I suspect he means the themes because if he means the quality:

https://i.imgur.com/b7iH9Yo.gif
AGAIN, too many people survived this battle for the North not to win. THIS IS MY PROBLEM WITH THE PLOT! Bran is literally a GOD! He sees the past and he sees the future. With his precognition, and Arya’s faceless ability, there is no way the North loses. Dany goes mad queen and starts killing characters? Then why doesn’t Bran warn anybody? Golden Company surprises them somewhere. Why doesn’t Bran warn anybody? Any Stark dies... WHY DOESN’T BRAN WARN THEM!

Bran is God. People bow to him at his trees and prey to him. Be prepared people, because the writers are giving us Deus EX Machinas out the ass these final 3 episodes. It’s going to be horrendous.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:07:42 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
This guy does for GoT what auralnauts did for Star Wars ep 1 with Jedi Party

Ignore the stupid pic used, it's actually pretty well done and funny.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FA0Ijj26o2o
View Quote
That last scene...amazing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:07:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
You should have seen her nude, she had sweet tits!
View All Quotes
Yes she did, I have seen them.

Couldn't post that here, for obvious reasons . . .
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:10:38 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What you pointed it was 100% logical, and makes sense, and probably is backed up in the books.
But quick, state now, and with 100% certainty, did Melisandre have powers or not?
We can’t.
View Quote
Yes, with 100% certainty, I can. She brings people back from the dead with a time delay, she can set things on fire, she can drink poison.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Yes, with 100% certainty, I can. She brings people back from the dead with a time delay, she can set things on fire, she can drink poison.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What you pointed it was 100% logical, and makes sense, and probably is backed up in the books.
But quick, state now, and with 100% certainty, did Melisandre have powers or not?
We can’t.
Stannis, is that you?

Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:16:14 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Not really, there have been lower ranked episodes of GOT.  You can check it yourself.  But that aside, it's current audience rank is 8.7 on Imdb  and the last watch audience liked it rating is 78% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Of course that doesn't (or shouldn't) matter to you, if you didn't like it.  Liking something isn't based on a democratic vote, neither is disliking something.  It's not a team sport.  We're not going change our subjective opinions based on some overall collectivist opinion.  There is no "winning or losing" here.

The simple truth is most viewers liked it, or were at least ok with the episode.  
View Quote
The Rotten Tomatoes score is 73%, that is the second lowest in the entire series. That is fact and neither subjective nor opinion. The only lower is Triple U, you can check yourself.

For a show that is typically in the 90s that is significant and the primary reason people are upset about the many problems with the last episode.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Wasn't the endgame.  If he'd killed Bran and defeated a huge army equipped with VS and dragonglass, the end of Man would have been pretty much guaranteed.
View Quote
Speaking of which:

Avengers: Endgame wrapped up a storyline 10 years and 20+ movies in the making while The Long Night wrapped up a storyline 8 years and 7+ seasons in the making.

I guess getting a satisfying ending for 1 of 2 things I invested 8+ years of my life in isn't bad.  Still would have been nice if the one that didn't at least made an effort and wasn't a complete shitshow though.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:28:07 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

You can post it in this GoT thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Sexy-Women-of-Game-of-Thrones-/142-1468098/
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:36:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
With all the reaction videos from Last week I'm wondering how many reaction videos there will produced This Sunday night. With all the noise and hubbub from last week I believe that there number of videos would have at least doubled if they had an inkling how it turned out, bad tactics or not.
View Quote
Damn, dude, you've made at least 10 posts in the past 30 pages and it seems like every one of them is about reaction videos. I think you might have a problem
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:39:09 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Stannis, is that you?

https://i.imgur.com/5ebJyAL.jpg
View Quote
**currently clutching and grinding my teeth**
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:48:06 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
The Rotten Tomatoes score is 73%, that is the second lowest in the entire series. That is fact and neither subjective nor opinion. The only lower is Triple U, you can check yourself.

For a show that is typically in the 90s that is significant and the primary reason people are upset about the many problems with the last episode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really, there have been lower ranked episodes of GOT.  You can check it yourself.  But that aside, it's current audience rank is 8.7 on Imdb  and the last watch audience liked it rating is 78% on Rotten Tomatoes.

Of course that doesn't (or shouldn't) matter to you, if you didn't like it.  Liking something isn't based on a democratic vote, neither is disliking something.  It's not a team sport.  We're not going change our subjective opinions based on some overall collectivist opinion.  There is no "winning or losing" here.

The simple truth is most viewers liked it, or were at least ok with the episode.  

The Rotten Tomatoes score is "liked", so 73% liked it.  Did you look at the Imdb score as well?  Don't waste your time, (and I mean that in friendly, non-combative way) because the fact remains, most viewers "liked" the show.

But that's ok, it doesn't mean you are wrong for not liking it.  It doesn't mean all the people who have expressed their dislike of the show are wrong.  It's not a democracy where the majority wins.

I was entertained.  That's all that matters to me.  I don't care who liked it, or didn't like it.  I'm just not going to spend any energy trying to change someone's subjective opinion of the Game of Thrones.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:48:32 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Stannis, is that you?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can’t.
Stannis, is that you?

There are many characters Dumb and Dumber fucked up (Tyrion, Littlefinger, etc.).  However, they didn't just fuck Stannis up because they ran out of source material.  They flat out ignored it.

Link Posted: 5/4/2019 12:49:14 PM EDT
[#13]
And then of course there is this shit:

Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:01:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

The Rotten Tomatoes score is "liked", so 73% liked it.  Did you look at the Imdb score as well?  Don't waste your time, (and I mean that in friendly, non-combative way) because the fact remains, most viewers "liked" the show.

But that's ok, it doesn't mean you are wrong for not liking it.  It doesn't mean all the people who have expressed their dislike of the show are wrong.  It's not a democracy where the majority wins.

I was entertained.  That's all that matters to me.  I don't care who liked it, or didn't like it.  I'm just not going to spend any energy trying to change someone's subjective opinion of the Game of Thrones.
View Quote
I would have to agree that overall more liked it than not. But I imagine the more hard core fans (includes the book fans) that followed it from the beginning did not and don't post scores.

I imagine a lot of the fans did not go back and look at the wtf moments or read tough criticisms and just enjoyed it as a fictional popcorn show.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:16:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Stannis, is that you?

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can’t.
Stannis, is that you?

There are many characters Dumb and Dumber fucked up (Tyrion, Littlefinger, etc.).  However, they didn't just fuck Stannis up because they ran out of source material.  They flat out ignored it.

https://i.imgur.com/nHB6HjZ_d.jpg?maxwidth=640&shape=thumb&fidelity=medium

https://i.imgur.com/kZU1Iuf.jpg
But Melisandre has better predictive powers than The 3-eyed Raven, that total nobody.

She couldn't predict anything right with Stannis, didn't have magic, but had magic?
Admitted to throwing fake shit into flames to get people to chimp out, but can make dothraki swords aflame, but can't do it to wood, but can?

She can predict the Night King getting killed by someone that'd never seen a Whitewalker, but bothered to light up the swords of the Dothraki who I guess she knew were going to die in 2 seconds?
Because, that was worthwhile?

ETA: That graphic is silly, GRRM always intended for Stannis to be portrayed how he was in the show
That's how he was really supposed to be
GRRM suddenly got confused and didn't know how to end anything D&D fixed it all and did it exactly like GRRM wanted
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:28:06 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

We have been shown that the 3ER can see the future. Old man raven was waiting patiently in his tree for him. Knew of the battles to come. Wheels was waiting for his friend Jamie so... until told otherwise, how can he not see the future?
View Quote
He can see the present. If you know your friend is in his way to your place, so you sit outside by the door to greet him, it’s inference, not knowing the future.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:31:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
He can see the present.

Q: How do you know Jaime is coming, Bran?

A: He's an hour away on the Kingsroad as we speak.

Q: Old Raven, how do you know Bran is coming?

A: There are literally no human beings in this part of the world, right now three of them are walking towards my tree.

Q: What about the battles to come?

A: We've fought in the past several times, for the last few years the NK has been actively preparing for war just as he did back then.

You don't need to literally see the future if you can check up on people's status in real-time.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bran can see the future?
We have been shown that the 3ER can see the future. Old man raven was waiting patiently in his tree for him. Knew of the battles to come. Wheels was waiting for his friend Jamie so... until told otherwise, how can he not see the future?
He can see the present.

A: There are literally no human beings in this part of the world, right now three of them are walking towards my tree.

A: We've fought in the past several times, for the last few years the NK has been actively preparing for war just as he did back then.

You don't need to literally see the future if you can check up on people's status in real-time.
But there is something there. We can agree he can, at least, see visions. Bran saw tides coming over the walls of Winterfell before the iron born leaped over. Jojen, with similar powers, saw when people would die. Old man raven told Bran that Jojen knew he was going to die bringing Bran to him.

Bran seeing hazy weird visions was before he had training and becoming 3ER. It’s hard to believe his visions aren’t becoming clearer.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:36:07 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
But there is something there. We can agree he can, at least, see visions. Bran saw tides coming over the walls of Winterfell before the iron born leaped over. Jojen, with similar powers, saw when people would die. Old man raven told Bran that Jojen knew he was going to die bringing Bran to him.

Bran seeing hazy weird visions was before he had training and becoming 3ER. It’s hard to believe his visions aren’t becoming clearer.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

bran can see the future?
He can see the present.

There's a bunch of logic you guys are using here,
But have you run it through a D&D filter?
Is there a way to explain it via a womyn character with less screentime's very general sounding quote - even after re-arranging the words a bunch to make it mean something different?

Is there a way to "subvert expectations", because, finishing what they've built is "boring" and "predictable", and it's "smart" to put in 2 last second details and change everything?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:36:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
He can see the present. If you know your friend is in his way to your place, so you sit outside by the door to greet him, it’s inference, not knowing the future.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The whole three-eyed raven thing is a bit mystical and mysterious.  All I can gather from the show, is that the Greenseers, which is what Bran is now, can see all events as they are, both past and future.  It's a very deterministic philosophy.  It appears that the Greenseers aren't real hands on, they just sort of nudge things along.

They don't play a big active role, because it violates some sort of "prime directive" like attitude that things need to happen the way they are supposed to happen.  Which ironically does somehow include their intervention, from time to time.  So in that respect they're like Jim Kirk on the USS Enterprise.

...the old Greenseer even had green women around, he just didn't fuck them.

I think the role they play is they can be used, if needed, to get the writers out of a tough spot, by doing some sort of Greenseer thing.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:39:40 PM EDT
[#21]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can post it in this GoT thread:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/general/Sexy-Women-of-Game-of-Thrones-/142-1468098/
Too many fakes online now (blame GOT), can't vet them. But I've seen legit photos in the past. Hopefully I'll run across those again.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 1:55:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote
How would he know Jamie is on the way? Am I to believe that Bran is watching Jamie traveling north while the NK and his army of undead is marching upon Winterfell. Why would he see that? Why would he look for that? Why would he even fucking care?

Bran, while watching the unstoppable army of the dead wash over the countryside as a tidal wave of horror... “I wonder where the guy who pushed me out the window is?”

If you want to go with only seeing the present, fine. But if you think about it, it starts showing cracks in the story. Bran can see where the undead army is but he doesn’t warn the Umbers and make sure The Last Hearth is cleared? Tormund has to tell everyone that the army of the dead will be there before morning. Shouldn’t Bran have seen and told them that?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:14:10 PM EDT
[#23]

Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:25:16 PM EDT
[#24]
Is there a countdown yet?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:28:09 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote
For Dany’s death?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 2:41:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
For Dany’s death?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
For Dany’s death?
Jon done stuck his dick in teh crazy. He has to kill her now, before she decides she needs another eunuch.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:05:21 PM EDT
[#27]
My silly wag theory for Ep4 . . .

Tyrion believes Dani will go Mad Queen if she gets the throne, and doesn't trust Jon to be able to control her or stop her. He resigns as Hand of the Queen and pledges loyalty to Sansa.

Arya is first to get to King's Landing, followed by the Hound when he realizes she's missing. She mortally wounds Cersei, but is cut down by the Mountain.
When the Hound arrives and discovers Arya is dead, he attacks the Mountain and ultimately defeats him, but dies from his wounds shortly after. With Cersei and the Mountain dead, Euron seizes power.

Jon and Dani set off for KL with their forces, but the dragons are at odds with each other. Drogon turns on Rhaegal who has bonded with Jon. Drogon disappears chasing Rhaegal away just as they are about to engage the opposing forces.

Cliffhanger . . .

Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:18:50 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Tyrion believes Dani will go Mad Queen if she gets the throne, and doesn't trust Jon to be able to control her or stop her. He resigns as Hand of the Queen and pledges loyalty to Sansa.

Arya is first to get to King's Landing, followed by the Hound when he realizes she's missing. She mortally wounds Cersei, but is cut down by the Mountain.
When the Hound arrives and discovers Arya is dead, he attacks the Mountain and ultimately defeats him, but dies from his wounds shortly after. With Cersei and the Mountain dead, Euron seizes power.

Jon and Dani set off for KL with their forces, but the dragons are at odds with each other. Drogon turns on Rhaegal who has bonded with Jon. Drogon disappears chasing Rhaegal away just as they are about to engage the opposing forces.

Cliffhanger . . .

View Quote
That is a lot of movement and traveling in one episode. But at this point, with only 3 episodes left, who cares? Bring on the teleportations!
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:21:41 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

How would he know Jamie is on the way?
View Quote
He sees everything.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:36:31 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Cliffhanger . . .

View Quote
Are there any more dragon eggs
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 3:36:56 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/015/827/tumblr_n6vxdfRvro1rdjju0o1_400.jpg

But Melisandre has better predictive powers than The 3-eyed Raven, that total nobody.

She couldn't predict anything right with Stannis, didn't have magic, but had magic?
Admitted to throwing fake shit into flames to get people to chimp out, but can make dothraki swords aflame, but can't do it to wood, but can?

She can predict the Night King getting killed by someone that'd never seen a Whitewalker, but bothered to light up the swords of the Dothraki who I guess she knew were going to die in 2 seconds?

ETA: That graphic is silly, GRRM always intended for Stannis to be portrayed how he was in the show
GRRM suddenly got confused and didn't know how to end anything D&D fixed it all and did it exactly like GRRM wanted
View Quote
Someone said earlier that Stannis burning his daughter was intended by GRRM.  But even if that is the case, you have to write it.  GRRM is a skilled writer and can fill his books with interesting stuff while building characters.  D&D lack this skill.  There probably should have been 3-4 full seasons for the last couple while we see the groundwork for things like Stannis' descent into madness, but D&D can't even write good Tyrion jokes, so the last couple of seasons have basically been on fast forward.

D&D cut out at least half a season of good plot just with the Martell abortion alone.  Instead of carefully crafted plots we get this.

Sand Snakes vs Jaime & Bronn (with fitting music)
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:03:16 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Someone said earlier that Stannis burning his daughter was intended by GRRM.  But even if that is the case, you have to write it.  GRRM is a skilled writer and can fill his books with interesting stuff while building characters.  D&D lack this skill.  There probably should have been 3-4 full seasons for the last couple while we see the groundwork for things like Stannis' descent into madness, but D&D can't even write good Tyrion jokes, so the last couple of seasons have basically been on fast forward.

D&D cut out at least half a season of good plot just with the Martell abortion alone.  Instead of carefully crafted plots we get this.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsioCjw6130
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/015/827/tumblr_n6vxdfRvro1rdjju0o1_400.jpg

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lsioCjw6130
Attachment Attached File

And that’s just through S5.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:26:39 PM EDT
[#33]
Looking through some of the "book vs show" memes (there are a LOT of them) I remembered that, for some reason, they left this hilarious one out of the show.

The whole scene was Renly ripping on Stannis and yet they didn't let Stannis get that one line from the book in because why?  It would have taken up 3 seconds?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:33:31 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Looking through some of the "book vs show" memes (there are a LOT of them) I remembered that, for some reason, they left this hilarious one out of the show.

https://i.pinimg.com/originals/99/48/dc/9948dc2170aa7701509f7bcb46673fea.png

The whole scene was Renly ripping on Stannis and yet they didn't let Stannis get that one line from the book in because why?  It would have taken up 3 seconds?
View Quote
Needed time for stuff like dickwart.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:35:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
According to Emilia Clarke episode 5 is epic, so my guess is this weeks episode is just filler/ a build up and nothing actually happens.
View Quote
Going to be like the first episode, getting the band back together before the KL tour.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#36]
Anyone think Dany might be preggers with Jon?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:47:56 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Going to be like the first episode, getting the band back together before the KL tour.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
According to Emilia Clarke episode 5 is epic, so my guess is this weeks episode is just filler/ a build up and nothing actually happens.
I dunno.  That doesn't seem "so Shakespearean" like Kit said it was.

Speaking of Kit, what he thought we he read the The Long Night script: "I was pissed. I was pissed that it wasn't me killing the Night King."
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:50:46 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
Too predicable.  Dany is pregnant, but the father is Drogon!  The baby will be a humanoid dragon creature that will create a new race to fight the Night King when he returns!

Subverted expectations!
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 4:55:45 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Speaking of Kit, what he thought we he read the The Long Night script: "I was pissed. I was pissed that it wasn't me killing the Night King."
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It is a longer episode, maybe we'll get some side action or intrigue with Bronn or other parties in KL.  Or whatever Yara is doing in the iron islands.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:02:56 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
It is a longer episode, maybe we'll get some side action or intrigue with Bronn or other parties in KL.  Or whatever Yara is doing in the iron islands.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope we at least get some insight into what Arya did from the time she left Mel and the Hound to the time she seemingly materialized out of thin air.

We also HAVE to see Jon's reaction to learning his baby "sister" is now a badass assassin.  Also him finding out she now takes life as casually as someone likes Ramsay does.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:03:10 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Why did I just imagine a banjo playing?
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:22:27 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yes. I'm putting a nickel on her dying during childbirth. Bittersweet ending...
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:22:48 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Why did I just imagine a banjo playing?
View Quote

Okay, so how smart was it to have every single commander of the living on the front line. Beric, Edd, Hound, Worm, Brienne, Jamie, Tormund, with Mormont even leading the suicide charge. You could say it was a miracle that only one died in that part of the battle.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 5:27:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

https://media3.giphy.com/media/znRstrOYuirrW/giphy.gif

Okay, so how smart was it to have every single commander of the living on the front line. Beric, Edd, Hound, Worm, Brienne, Jamie, Tormund, with Mormont even leading the suicide charge. You could say it was a miracle that only one died in that part of the battle.
View Quote
It wasn't.

The plot armor was just a little too heavy this last show.  If you want to save characters for the plot, don't put them in desperate situations where it's unlikely they could survive.

That was a writing/director flaw.

Major gripes with the episode:

1. military formations at the beginning and deployment of military assets.  
2. too much plot armor
3. needed to clearly show how Arya did what she did.

Before those, I personally think the Night King should have been the ultimate boss, not Cersei.  It'll be interesting how they make Cersei a more interesting threat, then the magical immortal with an undead army hellbent on wiping out humanity.

I still enjoyed the episode, go figure.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 6:20:00 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

It wasn't.

The plot armor was just a little two heavy this last show.  If you want to save characters for the plot, don't put them in desperate situations where it's unlikely they could survive.

2. too much plot armor

Before those, I personally think the Night King should have been the ultimate boss, not Cersei.  It'll be interesting how they make Cersei a more interesting threat, then the magical immortal hellbent on wiping out humanity.

View Quote
They wanted to show desperation, but the writers could of done so intelligently.

Have the army set up properly, with the army behind trenches and barriers, with commanders and trebuchets in back. You can still show the death-rush overpower and overflow the barriers and front lines in an incredible tide. It shows the living being very prepared but still pathetically overwhelmed.

You can have the dead do unpredictable tactics. Maybe have dead giants launch handful of undead at groups of men, or up over the walls. When things start looking bleak, have Davos launch the signal for calvary. They are located on makeout point with D&J, and they come down charging at the side. Right before the moment of impact, NK dives out of the night sky and torches them.

The commanders beat the retreat when the army of the undead reaches the back lines. You still get the impact of a losing battle with devastation.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 6:45:58 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
They wanted to show desperation, but the writers could of done so intelligently.

Have the army set up properly, with the army behind trenches and barriers, with commanders and trebuchets in back. You can still show the death-rush overpower and overflow the barriers and front lines in an incredible tide. It shows the living being very prepared but still pathetically overwhelmed.

You can have the dead do unpredictable tactics. Maybe have dead giants launch handful of undead at groups of men, or up over the walls. When things start looking bleak, have Davos launch the signal for calvary. They are located on makeout point with D&J, and they come down charging at the side. Right before the moment of impact, NK dives out of the night sky and torches them.

The commanders beat the retreat when the army of the undead reaches the back lines. You still get the impact of a losing battle with devastation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It wasn't.

The plot armor was just a little two heavy this last show.  If you want to save characters for the plot, don't put them in desperate situations where it's unlikely they could survive.

2. too much plot armor

Before those, I personally think the Night King should have been the ultimate boss, not Cersei.  It'll be interesting how they make Cersei a more interesting threat, then the magical immortal hellbent on wiping out humanity.

Yeah they clearly confused impotence with desperation.

Shamalamadingdong did this with Glass recently and was rightly slammed for it as well.

Just watch the Battle of Helm's Deep for a primer on how to do it right. For all of the talk about how GOT is so much more realistic than LOTR, the battles sure don't prove that.
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 7:20:59 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
That’s actually not bad
Link Posted: 5/4/2019 7:26:17 PM EDT
[#48]
Dorne to the aid eh?

Link Posted: 5/4/2019 7:49:59 PM EDT
[#49]
What really happened to the Dothraki

Link Posted: 5/4/2019 7:54:12 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
That'd be pretty weak, IMO.

At least Queen SJW would be dead though.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top