BCM
User Panel

Page / 358
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 3:47:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Stop it.
GOT was (WAS) the best thing that ever happened to television.
Then, these fuckheads got their Star Wars contracts or something, and decided "Fuck the ending of GOT, we got $ to make".

That is precisely WHY people are hating this bullshit we're being fed by these filthy cocksuckers here in season 8.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dumb and dumber can't write for shit
People keep saying that.  Did you guys enjoy any of the Game of Thrones series?
Stop it.
Then, these fuckheads got their Star Wars contracts or something, and decided "Fuck the ending of GOT, we got $ to make".

That is precisely WHY people are hating this bullshit we're being fed by these filthy cocksuckers here in season 8.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:00:27 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:
One positive this season has done better than any other season: Emilia Clarke's acting.

It's not up there with the show's heavy hitters or anything, but I think it's a definite improvement.
View Quote
I agree.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:06:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Stop it.

View Quote
Stop what?

"Got was (WAS) the best thing that ever happened to television."

I think it's one of a handful of television shows I've really enjoyed watching. Season 8 has been disappointing so far.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:09:43 PM EDT
[#4]
Makes you think what could have been if anyone but hbogot this show

I think Netflix showtime would have done much better
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:13:42 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote
It's not HBO.  It's Dumb and Dumber.  With them attached it wouldn't have mattered who got the show.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:24:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
To answer your other question yes most of us liked GOT when dumb and dumber had GRRM 's specific details for the story and filming. When they had to write it themselves in the last couple seasons is when it turned to shit.

That little gaff is no desert open area leading up to the wall(s) in King's Landing. In fact if you look at the Westeros and city map there is no wall or desert area to the city like that for Cersi and crew to stand on like that. They made up the entire scene somewhere not called King's Landing.

So is there a problem or do people have to love or hate the whole thing and nothing in between?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What do mean by gaff?  Are you talking about something you didn't like in the script, or something like the coffee cup?
To answer your other question yes most of us liked GOT when dumb and dumber had GRRM 's specific details for the story and filming. When they had to write it themselves in the last couple seasons is when it turned to shit.

That little gaff is no desert open area leading up to the wall(s) in King's Landing. In fact if you look at the Westeros and city map there is no wall or desert area to the city like that for Cersi and crew to stand on like that. They made up the entire scene somewhere not called King's Landing.

So is there a problem or do people have to love or hate the whole thing and nothing in between?
 Did anyone realize that scene before the gates of Kings Landing was stolen straight from the Return of the King when Gandalf & Aragorn are confronting the Mouth of Sauron at the gates of Mordor? The only difference being instead of holding out a Mithril Mail coat, they beheaded Missandei.

In the words of Deadpool,"That`s just lazy writing."
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:47:52 PM EDT
[#7]
This video is basically GRRM’s prophecy on Dumb and Dumber ruining the show.

The Ending of Game of Thrones - Advice from George R R Martin
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 4:52:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:11:34 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
It's not HBO.  It's Dumb and Dumber.  With them attached it wouldn't have mattered who got the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah but they put them in charge

It’s like Kathleen Kennedy is still in charge hiring dopes to cement the epic failures of Star Wars
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:19:34 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

It’s like Kathleen Kennedy is still in charge hiring dopes to cement the epic failures of Star Wars
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dumb and Dumber were attached long before HBO bought the rights to ASOIAF.

I mean sure, HBO could have replaced them at some point, but by the time the quality of the show started going downhill in S5 GoT was the most popular show on tv.  No way were they going to be replaced at that point.

It's not HBO.  It's Dumb and Dumber.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

RIP sweet prince.
View Quote
Still here.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:26:00 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I'm not an Emily Clark fan, and I think that carries over into my dislike of the Daenerys.  However, I do think she might play the descent into madness well.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I think the only reason her acting seems better is because she's finally playing a character who is descending into madness.

http://weknowmemes.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/08/daenerys-office-meme-3.jpg
I'm not an Emily Clark fan, and I think that carries over into my dislike of the Daenerys.  However, I do think she might play the descent into madness well.
Like Tony Stark playing himself? Err... or was that Robert downey jr...
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:29:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote
It's both ( )

HBO always fucks up the final season.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:29:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Flanking maneuvers, and calvary in general, work better against living breathing humans who care about their life, and tend to break and run in fear.  The undead don't do that.  In my opinion, the flaming swords served three main purposes.  The first, as the writers said, is to offer a bit of hope after the utter feeling of darkness and hopelessness leading up to the scene.  The second, is it allowed the audience to see the swords going out, in the darkness.  Which I believe is a lot less expensive to shoot then an actual on screen portrayal of the calvary being destroyed.  Finally, it was important for Daeny to see the flames go out, so she would decide to break from the original plan and fly her dragons, instead of waiting for the Night King to show up.

The use of military assets was irrelevant.  The story called for there to be no hope for a conventional military win. So even if they had set up the battlefield to everyone's satisfaction, the result would have been the same.  Because that's what the writers wanted the story to be.
View Quote
A proper flanking maneuver would have drawn the attention of many of the undead, there by relieving pressure on the main lines.  I understand the only way to win this battle was the death of the night king, and the success of the trap.  However, a competent defense would have minimized the loss of life, which should have also been a priority considering the battles to come.  The dothraki charge was an excellent scene, and conveyed the helplessness of their situation quite well, however and I enjoyed it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:41:54 PM EDT
[#16]
The Last of the Starks - Game of Thrones' downfall continues
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:42:46 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
It's both ( )

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's both ( )

HBO shows might do that, but as far as I know HBO executives don't take over writing responsibilities once a show reaches the final season. HBO did cancel 2 of the top 10 best dramas of all time so fuck them regardless.

HBO had an embarrassment of riches in the early-mid 2000's and once GoT ends they aren't going to have a single marquee show. My how the mighty have fallen.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 5:51:21 PM EDT
[#18]
Part IV.

Game Of Thrones Season 8 Episode 4 Is PROOF That D&D Still SUCK!!
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 6:11:36 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It's both ( )

View Quote
You didn’t watch the wire? Eastbound and down? Entourage?
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 6:25:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Rewatching BB right now
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 6:40:50 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rewatching BB right now
View All Quotes
That was one of the most perfect episodic television dramas ever made.  I've binged watched a few times.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:09:02 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

That was one of the most perfect episodic television dramas ever made.  I've binged watched a few times.
View Quote
Agreed, I’m somewhere around my sixth time. Wonder when the next season of Better Call Saul starts?
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:13:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
You didn't watch the wire? Eastbound and down? Entourage?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's both ( )

You didn't watch the wire? Eastbound and down? Entourage?
The final season of The Wire was trash
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:14:34 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Agreed, I’m somewhere around my sixth time. Wonder when the next season of Better Call Saul starts?
View Quote
Not until 2020.  They said they had to push back shooting because of talent needs.  I guess one of the stars was shooting a movie?  I don't know.  We're getting to the end of Better Call Saul.  I've read rumors that season 5 could be it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Once I saw that and realized the show is taking what appears to be a hard turn, ...
View Quote
You do realize that this is a spoiler, right?
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:25:02 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's both ( )

I watched The Wire.

Wait... we’re you being sarcastic?  It’s so hard to tell with GD.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:34:18 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

I watched The Wire.

Wait... we’re you being sarcastic?  It’s so hard to tell with GD.
View Quote
I went back and looked. Yea, the last season was the Fakenews season.......I would have re-rewatch the dead hookers season to remember which one was worse.

It went downhill but it wasn’t trying to commit suicide like GOT is doing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:38:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Dumb and Dumber were attached long before HBO bought the rights to ASOIAF.

I mean sure, HBO could have replaced them at some point, but by the time the quality of the show started going downhill in S5 GoT was the most popular show on tv.  No way were they going to be replaced at that point.

View Quote
I guess it’s cause I saw an interview of dumb and dumber admitting they screwed up the script and were surprised they weren’t fired lol. I’m telling you hbo could and should have pushed the eject button.  My guess is they are making such a killing why bother
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 7:39:41 PM EDT
[#29]
https://mobile.twitter.com/MarvelousApollo/status/1124399170419347456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1124399170419347456&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicitysports.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fthreads%2Fgame-of-thrones-thread.19453%2Fpage-392

Found it lol
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 8:31:12 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
https://mobile.twitter.com/MarvelousApollo/status/1124399170419347456?ref_src=twsrc%5Etfw%7Ctwcamp%5Etweetembed%7Ctwterm%5E1124399170419347456&ref_url=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.chicitysports.com%2Fforum%2Findex.php%3Fthreads%2Fgame-of-thrones-thread.19453%2Fpage-392

Found it lol
View Quote
It's all over except the crying now.

The show has the lowest Imdb audience ranking it's ever had.  Although I have to admit it's still positive.  I think if the last 2 episodes are like the first 4, it's not going to be a good final season.  Had the writers performed this poorly in a prior season, I think they would have been replaced by HBO.

HBO had a pretty good culture of high expectations when it comes to their their content properties.  Or at least they did, now that they've been bought out, and cut cost, I doubt they'll ever be like they were again.  I hope I'm wrong.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:04:07 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote
The crying has just begun.

I can't wait for the end of episode 5 and 6, it's going to be epic.  We're getting close to the death threat stage.

Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:04:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop it.

https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif
black sails was better written, better directed, better acted, and had less penis even though the main character was sailor gay.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:16:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
black sails was better written, better directed, better acted, and had less penis even though the main character was sailor gay.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Stop it.

https://www.reactiongifs.us/wp-content/uploads/2013/08/shaking_head_breaking_bad.gif
I'm a Black Sails fan too. My only complaint is that it took them so long to actually be at sea doing pirate things, and that it didn't last longer.

You're also spot-on about the wieners and gayness.  I know it pissed a lot of people off that Flint kissed his lover in that one episode, yet many of those same people watch Game of Thrones.   At least Flint's backstory was critical to his character.  I didn't ever need to see Hodor's dong.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:16:16 PM EDT
[#34]
You think the outcry is due not only to hard core fans being pissed at the shit writing, but also from butthurt Dany fans that see that she’s going full mad queen?
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:20:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I can't wait for the end of episode 5 and 6, it's going to be epic.  We're getting close to the death threat stage.

https://i.redd.it/k6v3dkojp2x21.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://i.redd.it/k6v3dkojp2x21.jpg
Do people take the show that seriously? I mean they fucked shit up but damn.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:20:45 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
You think the outcry is due not only to hard core fans being pissed at the shit writing, but also from butthurt Dany fans that see that she’s going full mad queen?
View Quote
I find her lack of bewbage disturbing.

eta: I find the general lack of bewbage disturbing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:22:45 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

I'm a Black Sails fan too. My only complaint is that it took them so long to actually be at sea doing pirate things, and that it didn't last longer.

You're also spot-on about the wieners and gayness.  I know it pissed a lot of people off that Flint kissed his lover in that one episode, yet many of those same people watch Game of Thrones.   At least Flint's backstory was critical to his character.  I didn't ever need to see Hodor's dong.
View Quote
You didn't.  The dick was fake.

https://www.dailyedge.ie/hodor-fake-willy-video-1445184-May2014/
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:23:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote
People are stupid
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:26:27 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
People are stupid
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People are stupid
Yes they are, but I think that comment was this thing I've heard of, called a humor.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:27:21 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Not really IMO. Of course a few but this level of hate transcends the number of Dany fans by far.

I think by and large the hardcore fans, team *insert name here*, and casuals are all taken aback about how a show, that they've had years of involvement in, is literally wrapping up this way cause the directors are tired of it and want to go do other things. Fuck the fans. Get to the end as fast as possible

They said here's where we're at at S8E1 and where we need to be at the end of S8E6. Then proceed to write the entire script to reach that exact goal without consideration of story, character, plausibility, or any other factor that made GoT good.

Given the amount of backlash across the web, I don't think that's an unfair statement
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:30:20 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Fandom is serious business for nerds.

The kid who played Olly years ago got death threats because he stabbed Jon Snow on the show.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:32:03 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Fandom is serious business for nerds.

The kid who played Olly years ago got death threats because he stabbed Jon Snow on the show.
View Quote
Heard similar about Joffrey's actor. One of those characters just so despised that its hard to get that...stink off them
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:33:12 PM EDT
[#43]
Speaking of which, how amazing would this show be if Vince Giligan was the one given control the past 2 seasons? The man made the plot of a HS teacher making meth into one the best, if not greatest, show of all time. He created that shit. Think about if he was given these characters and plots. I’ve got a chub thinking about it.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:36:46 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote
As to seasons 5+ I concur.  Seasons 1-4 have few equals.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:43:47 PM EDT
[#45]
Since the Night King raised the dead in the crypt, did zombie Aunt Lyanna came back as well?
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote
Black Sails was a low level soap opera full of people who couldn't hack the porn industry
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:10:20 PM EDT
[#47]
Speaking of Hodor.....

We never actually saw him die and he was with the children.

I'm calling it now, he's the next night king.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:14:16 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
View Quote
It is not just the hardcore fans.  Pretty much everyone except extremely casual fans and people with severe ADD aren't happy with the S8 writing.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:19:09 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

@wakeboarder

Wait, Viserion is dead!?!  WTF!
View Quote
Sorry bro. I thought everyoke knew
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:38:26 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Speaking of which, how amazing would this show be if Vince Giligan was the one given control the past 2 seasons? The man made the plot of a HS teacher making meth into one the best, if not greatest, show of all time. He created that shit. Think about if he was given these characters and plots. I’ve got a chub thinking about it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
What if Vince Gilligan (or someone even in the ballpark of that level) was a huge fan of the books and was the showrunner for the entire series?  Someone who didn't dumb down the show to cater to the lowest common denominator and remove HUGE S1-S4 storylines like Jaime finding out Cersei was "cheating" on him and the truth about Tyrion's first wife.  Not to mention Dorne.

At this point though a typical CW writer could do a better job than this Dumb and Dumber S8 shitshow.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top