Page / 358
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:38:41 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Rewatching BB right now
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
There will never be another show like Breaking Bad.  A 5+ season drama that gets better each season capped off with as close to a perfect final season as you can get and as close to a perfect finale as you can get.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that's the first and only time a show's last season won the EMMY for best drama, best writing, best lead actor, best supporting actor, and best supporting actress.  The only reason it didn't win best director too was True Detective S1.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:44:02 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What if Vince Gilligan (or someone even in the ballpark of that level) was a huge fan of the books and was the showrunner for the entire series?  Someone who didn't dumb down the show to cater to the lowest common denominator and remove HUGE S1-S4 storylines like Jaime finding out Cersei was "cheating" on him and the truth about Tyrion's first wife.  Not to mention Dorne.

At this point though a typical CW writer could do a better job than this Dumb and Dumber S8 shitshow.
View Quote

Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:48:36 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
Fandom is serious business for nerds.

The kid who played Olly years ago got death threats because he stabbed Jon Snow on the show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do people take the show that seriously? I mean they fucked shit up but damn.
Fandom is serious business for nerds.

The kid who played Olly years ago got death threats because he stabbed Jon Snow on the show.
Damn. Jon Snow is my favorite character I would have beers with "villains" (or any character for that matter) of game of thrones. They are actors and prob have cool stories to tell.

Jon snow is prob gonna die.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:53:50 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Quoted:

What if Vince Gilligan (or someone even in the ballpark of that level) was a huge fan of the books and was the showrunner for the entire series?  Someone who didn't dumb down the show to cater to the lowest common denominator and remove HUGE S1-S4 storylines like Jaime finding out Cersei was "cheating" on him and the truth about Tyrion's first wife.  Not to mention Dorne.

At this point though a typical CW writer could do a better job than this Dumb and Dumber S8 shitshow.
https://thumbs.gfycat.com/HauntingDirtyDragon-size_restricted.gif

https://i.redd.it/2tz0ujykezw21.jpg

I expect it won't matter much though. When the writing is that fuckin' horrible the directing (good or bad) is hardly even noticeable.  Especially if it's the final episode of an 8 season series.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 10:55:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Sorry bro. I thought everyoke knew
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@wakeboarder

Wait, Viserion is dead!?!  WTF!
Sorry bro. I thought everyoke knew
He's the only one confirmed gone into pieces.

Rhaegal was shot down but I think he'll be back in some way based on the wording between Cersei and Urine in the debriefing. Just a guess on my part.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:02:39 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:07:35 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

D&D directed the final episode?
View Quote
Yep. I saw the meme and I looked it up. Wrote and directed.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:07:47 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Unfortunately.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:08:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fuck me running
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:33:04 PM EDT
[#10]
Fuckin dipshits left out the Battle of the Fist for some unknown reason. It would have added to the suspense and given us some knowledge of the wights. Fuckin hate those libtard fuckheads D and D.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:38:25 PM EDT
[#11]
Psycho Dad was best Dad
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:41:15 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Fuckin dipshits left out the Battle of the Fist for some unknown reason. It would have added to the suspense and given us some knowledge of the sights. Fuckin hate those libtard fuckheads D and D.
View Quote
I'm actually fine with that one.  I get why they wouldn't want to spend a decent amount of the budget on a battle featuring Jeor Mormont, Grenn, and Dolorous Edd.
Link Posted: 5/8/2019 11:42:49 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Psycho Dad was best Dad
View Quote
Who's the tall dark stranger there? The one with the gun and the icy stare.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:04:19 AM EDT
[#14]
Coldplay's Game of Thrones: The Musical (Full 12-minute version)
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:36:36 AM EDT
[#15]
Official photos for the next episode are out.

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:38:45 AM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:28:08 AM EDT
[#17]
Idea: make it so S8 is all one version of a possible future played out in Bran’s head, hire all the actors back for S9, hire some showrunners/writers that know what the hell they are doing it, and end this show in a way that doesn’t make the last season of Dexter look like the last season of Breaking Bad.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 2:01:17 AM EDT
[#18]
In an interview Kit Harrington was asked to describe the season finale of GoT in one word.

His response:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:38:05 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Speaking of which, how amazing would this show be if Vince Giligan was the one given control the past 2 seasons? The man made the plot of a HS teacher making meth into one the best, if not greatest, show of all time. He created that shit. Think about if he was given these characters and plots. I’ve got a chub thinking about it.
View Quote
My first thought was hot pie gives the hound a pie and he throws it on the roof of the inn.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:50:53 AM EDT
[#20]
Not putting this spoiler tags. You can just deal with it.

It’s even been foreshadowed. Olenna Martell told her to be a dragon.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:51:05 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
My first thought was hot pie gives the hound a pie and he throws it on the roof of the inn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Speaking of which, how amazing would this show be if Vince Giligan was the one given control the past 2 seasons? The man made the plot of a HS teacher making meth into one the best, if not greatest, show of all time. He created that shit. Think about if he was given these characters and plots. I’ve got a chub thinking about it.
One take.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 5:54:19 AM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:12:38 AM EDT
[#23]
So I saw this image and I rolled my eyes. Aren’t they a little close to the walls? Besides the ballistics, there are nobody on the walls. And why the fuck is the golden company outside the fucking castle? It’s going to be another terrible battle again, isn’t it?

Link Posted: 5/9/2019 6:55:21 AM EDT
[#24]
Not sure but that is a somewhat strange use of castle walls ;p

Maybe its cause of the dragon? Better to run around burning than inside? lol

They have those huge ballista though.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 7:50:50 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

So I saw this image and I rolled my eyes. Aren’t they a little close to the walls? Besides the ballistics, there are nobody on the walls. And why the fuck is the golden company outside the fucking castle? It’s going to be another terrible battle again, isn’t it?

https://i.imgur.com/riVeb0T.jpg
View Quote
They’ve done that throughout the series. They did it at the Blackwater, battle of the bastards, stannis’ attack on winterfell, and the defense of winterfell.

One the things about castles are their huge walls. It’s literally a defensive feature that’s built into it. But in this world walls are bad and you should fight infront of them.

ETA:
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:27:05 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

They’ve done that throughout the series. They did it at the Blackwater, battle of the bastards, stannis’ attack on winterfell, and the defense of winterfell.

One the things about castles are their huge walls. It’s literally a defensive feature that’s built into it. But in this world walls are bad and you should fight infront of them.
View Quote
Overall, you would be correct but with two caveats

1: The defenders have the advantage so why not force the issue? Danys army is weakened, wounded, demoralized to a point (losing 1 in 2 at another battle does that) and defenders have at least parity if not a small superiority in troops. Dany could arguably heal and reinforce while KL could not.

2. Sieges are long, messy things, which is what results from sitting on a wall. If KL was cut off from supply with no hope of reestablishing supply then the choices are to force combat early on before sickness and malnutrition work against you, or sit on said wall until sickness and malnutrition rending you incapable of defense.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:41:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 8:58:35 AM EDT
[#28]
Just checking in to say I’m glad I’m not the only one who’s been disappointed with this final season.

I was accused earlier on in the season of being too simple minded to appreciate what’s been written so far
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:34:54 AM EDT
[#29]
It’s started going downhill fast in season 7. Remember this scene?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:43:26 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Official photos for the next episode are out.

View Quote
Uhhhh...you are in range.
Outnumbered.
And is Tyrion standing on a box?
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:46:02 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Uhhhh...you are in range.
Outnumbered.
And is Tyrion standing on a box?
View Quote
At least the ballista's look like they might pivot other than just straight forward this time lol.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:46:05 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
It’s started going downhill fast in season 7. Remember this scene?https://i.redd.it/qqqcg0awk3x21.gif
View Quote
That was better than the real thing
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 9:48:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
It’s started going downhill fast in season 7. Remember this scene?https://i.redd.it/qqqcg0awk3x21.gif
View Quote
I liked it a lot.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:31:01 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Probably my favorite gif I have ever seen
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:35:50 AM EDT
[#35]
That gif is great.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:45:49 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 10:59:12 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
There will never be another show like Breaking Bad.  A 5+ season drama that gets better each season capped off with as close to a perfect final season as you can get and as close to a perfect finale as you can get.

I'm going to go out on a limb and guess that's the first and only time a show's last season won the EMMY for best drama, best writing, best lead actor, best supporting actor, and best supporting actress.  The only reason it didn't win best director too was True Detective S1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Compare that last season with this one.

For a while there, Breaking Bad was ramping up exponentially in stakes, consequences, fear, and anxiousness episode to episode.   Especially after Hank takes his fateful bathroom break at the midseason, the final half season of BB is butt-clenching intense all the way to the end.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:04:57 AM EDT
[#38]
Hopefully Season 8 will kill off any chance D&D has for a Starwars trilogy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:08:32 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

For a while there, Breaking Bad was ramping up exponentially in stakes, consequences, fear, and anxiousness episode to episode.   Especially after Hank takes his fateful bathroom break at the midseason, the final half season of BB is butt-clenching intense all the way to the end.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Please stop.

I'm getting depressed at how much better this could have been done.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 11:10:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
View Quote
Well Disney just put three movies on the release calendar.

Its a fucking fan's worst nightmare.   Either those three movies are going to be these idiots (without the benefit of source material to adapt, which there were good at with GOT as long as they had GRRM books to milk), or those three movies will be Rian Johnson  -- lord of the Last Jedi abortion and the slaughter of Luke Skywalker's character and legacy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:22:47 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
Holy shit, that was hilarious!!!
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:53:28 PM EDT
[#42]
I miss Ygritte.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 12:56:45 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
View Quote
Dude, Star Wars is dead. All it's good for now is making fun of it with memes. We want D&D to do a Star Wars trilogy.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:00:33 PM EDT
[#44]
I have a feeling after Sunday's episode there will be no defenders left. Even the hardcore's are running out of steam at this point.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:09:32 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I have a feeling after Sunday's episode there will be no defenders left. Even the hardcore's are running out of steam at this point.
View Quote
And the spoilers will be shown true or not...
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:23:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

The Dumb and Dumber loyalists will have to come up with a different excuse than "Cersei didn't fire on them even though she could have ended the war right then and there because it was a parlay and it would have made her look bad to the lords of Westeros who already hate her anyway" they used to attempt to explain it away last episode.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:25:18 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:27:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

The Dumb and Dumber loyalists will have to come up with a different excuse than "Cersei didn't fire on them even though she could have ended the war right then and there because it was a parlay and it would have made her look bad to the lords of Westeros who already hate her anyway" they used to attempt to explain it away last episode.
View Quote
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:48:29 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Not sure but that is a somewhat strange use of castle walls ;p

Maybe its cause of the dragon? Better to run around burning than inside? lol

They have those huge ballista though.
View Quote
The only battle in the show's entire history in which one side made use of their castle walls by actually staying behind them was the Battle for Castle Black and I suspect that was only because the force holding the castle had just 50 men.
Link Posted: 5/9/2019 1:55:03 PM EDT
[#50]
Robb lasted just 5 seconds too.

NCW (Jaime Lannister) hilariously made fun of him for it in the S3 commentary and Michelle Fairley (Catelyn Stark) said "my son is better than that!"  It was pretty damn funny.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top