View Quote
Agreed. Great episode.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 1:43:14 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Best episode yet.
View Quote

I'd argue a better episode than any from GOT as well. Fuck man... That was heavy
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 8:16:51 AM EDT
[#4]
The show is gaining steam. It became obvious why they had some less than stellar performances early on. Having to switch actors every couple episode must be a giant pain in the ass.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 9:05:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The show is gaining steam. It became obvious why they had some less than stellar performances early on. Having to switch actors every couple episode must be a giant pain in the ass.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

"Confused old man says something easily misunderstood because he's not sure who he's talking to and starts a war." Could be GOT, could be tomorrow's news.

Aemon and Daemon are going to go at it, it's kinda sad because they're so much alike.

Casting for this episode is a little strange, Aemon looks like he aged 20 years and Aegon not at all.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:37:24 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Oberyn Martell and Lyanna Mormont star in the HBO series The Last of Us based on the video game.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rBRRDpQ0yc0

His "everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi" politics aside, I have no issue with Pascal as the lead based on his acting and physical appearance, but the Mormont girl as the female lead is somewhat questionable considering she is supposed to be a little girl and in some scenes she looks like she could be pushing 40.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/C5E35BF7-4D4A-4588-9AA5-BDFA6299FF95_png-2540110.JPG

I didn’t play the games, but I can’t say I’m too eager to watch the show after finding out…

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Seriously looking forward to this one. This one might be best to cut it off as soon as the part based on the first game ends though.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:48:41 AM EDT
[#7]
They absolutely nailed the casting of Aemond. He looks sinister, powerful, practically a clone of Matt Smith’s Daemon.

I don’t know what combination of CGI and makeup they used to create Viserys I, but it is fantastic.

And honestly, everyone complained about having black actors playing the Velaryons, but it does help identify which of the 7 or 8 kids with silver hair is which. And makes it even more obvious to the viewer that Rhaenyra’s children are bastards.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:54:34 AM EDT
[#8]
That was the best episode so far and I also found myself looking forward to the next one - finally.

Also, getting more invested in Daemon.  Dude is sinister and doesn't take much crap.  Hopefully we can stick with some characters for a while b/c that is mostly what prevents you from getting invested in any of them - that and real lack in character development.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:56:11 AM EDT
[#9]
Aemon turned into a badass. And his cousins are going to regret picking on him when he was little.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 11:00:30 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That was the best episode so far and I also found myself looking forward to the next one - finally.

Also, getting more invested in Daemon.  Dude is sinister and doesn't take much crap.  Hopefully we can stick with some characters for a while b/c that is mostly what prevents you from getting invested in any of them - that and real lack in character development.
View Quote

I want to say I'm 80% positive that this is the last "time jump" as the next episode is when it all comes crashing down. I get why they did the time jumps, had they kept the original cast they would have had to wait like 6 season just to get to where we're at.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 11:04:03 AM EDT
[#11]
Important to remember the young man with one eye is Aemond. Not Aemon. All the names are so similar. Especially since his older brother is Aegon.  

Speaking of Aegon, they did a poor job of portraying that he is married to his sister Helaena.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 11:08:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
They absolutely nailed the casting of Aemond. He looks sinister, powerful, practically a clone of Matt Smith's Daemon.

I don't know what combination of CGI and makeup they used to create Viserys I, but it is fantastic.

And honestly, everyone complained about having black actors playing the Velaryons, but it does help identify which of the 7 or 8 kids with silver hair is which. And makes it even more obvious to the viewer that Rhaenyra's children are bastards.
View Quote

Another good point. I like the blackness of the Velaryons for this very reason. It certainly makes things easier to follow.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 11:33:32 AM EDT
[#13]
So now Alicent thinks her Aegon is the heir to the throne. Its laughable how this civil war gets kicked up a notch on a misunderstanding...but then again, in real life this shit happens ALL THE TIME with REAL Consequences.

all in all a great episode, Visery's cane walk was the peak of this season. that is the Visery's that was needed, a strong, concise king.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:09:33 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Important to remember the young man with one eye is Aemond. Not Aemon. All the names are so similar. Especially since his older brother is Aegon.  

Speaking of Aegon, they did a poor job of portraying that he is married to his sister Helaena.
View Quote

Where is Aegon? It's strange that they didn't show him and made Aemond out to be the oldest
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:13:52 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Where is Aegon? It's strange that they didn't show him and made Aemond out to be the oldest
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aegon is the one with shorter silver hair, who keeps getting walked in on naked by Alicent. He raped the serving girl at the beginning of the episode. He was seated next to the cute silver haired girl, on her right, at the supper party.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:15:06 PM EDT
[#16]
He’s the one who keeps getting too drunk at the family gatherings.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
I'd argue a better episode than any from GOT as well. Fuck man... That was heavy
View Quote

All eight episodes together have not been as good as the worst episode of GoT.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:27:55 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If you say so. Remember a finger in the bum? Uh dont wunt it? She is muh qween?
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:32:32 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

Still better than this shit so far.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:43:42 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Which is the worst episode of GOT?
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 12:45:38 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wife & I have never watched GOT.  We plan to start it as soon as we finish HotD.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 2:04:16 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View Quote

Yeah, missed the "d".
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 2:18:43 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
He's the one who keeps getting too drunk at the family gatherings.
View Quote

Ok, I got confused cuz last episode he was the tall,  skinny one jerking off in the window. I guess it was their youngest brother that's missing
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 2:24:25 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So now Alicent thinks her Aegon is the heir to the throne. Its laughable how this civil war gets kicked up a notch on a misunderstanding...but then again, in real life this shit happens ALL THE TIME with REAL Consequences.

all in all a great episode, Visery's cane walk was the peak of this season. that is the Visery's that was needed, a strong, concise king.
View Quote

But added the nice touch of having the crown fall off his head - showing his time is up and he had one last call to make.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 2:27:58 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

This 'misunderstanding' was something added to the show. In the book it's a straight up coup
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 3:05:23 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Wife & I have never watched GOT.  We plan to start it as soon as we finish HotD.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Unless you and your wife are masochists, I wouldn't advise it.

GoT has what is widely considered to be THE worst ending and final season for a long running drama in major TV history (it also started to go off the rails as early as S4).  What's worse is that because GoT is basically one big story (with many storylines starting in the very first episode and ending in the last season) it doesn't just ruin the ending.  It ruins the entire series.  Pretty much everything ends up not mattering and/or not making sense.   It was so bad that years after the finale I was STILL having to apologize to all the people I recommend GoT to.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 3:10:35 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

If you're enjoying House of the Dragon, you'll enjoy Game of Thrones.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 6:07:54 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Agreed. Great episode.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Best episode yet.
Agreed. Great episode.

Link Posted: 10/10/2022 7:31:12 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

There’s only seven seasons. Don’t watch 8.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 10:50:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

There's only seven seasons. Don't watch 8.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, then make up your own ending. There's literally no ending you could imagine that would be less satisfying than what we got.
Link Posted: 10/10/2022 11:40:09 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah, then make up your own ending. There's literally no ending you could imagine that would be less satisfying than what we got.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

If that’s the route one takes then best stop at the end of S6.

Still, pretty much no one that gets that far is going to do that.  They’ll get to the end of S6 or S7 and say “the ending might not be good, but there’s no way it’s as bad as people say it is.  It just can’t be.”

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:45:19 AM EDT
[#32]

Damn, that's rough!  But I can see it, folks signed on expecting GoT and they got BBC's "Upstairs, Downstairs".  That can be two entirely different audiences.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 11:22:41 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 12:38:09 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 1:19:55 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Damn, that's rough!  But I can see it, folks signed on expecting GoT and they got BBC's "Upstairs, Downstairs".  That can be two entirely different audiences.
View Quote

It's OK - this last episode had the biggest dick in the unsullied army.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 1:21:01 PM EDT
[#36]

Ok, I was under the impression she poisoned the serving wench.  They made an awful big production over her giving the "tea" and the wench looking like, "Fuck me, this bloody cunt done kilt me!"
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 1:23:57 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Ok, I was under the impression she poisoned the serving wench.  They made an awful big production over her giving the "tea" and the wench looking like, "Fuck me, this bloody cunt done kilt me!"
View Quote
it was 'moon tea' (basically the Plan B of Westeros)
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 1:26:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 1:28:48 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aaahhh, thank you!
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:33:57 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
If the next show is photographed like the last one, I'm done.

I'll tolerate a minute or two of a dark shadow scene of barely discernible shapes, but not a large fraction of an hour.

That's on top of whispered dialog in heavy accents.

None of the episodes so far have been terribly interesting.

View Quote

Extended dark scene filming is one of my pet peeves as well.  I did not notice it at all during that episode.  
I also hate not being able to understand dialog but, again, had no problem during that episode.

OLED TV + ZVOX Soundbar w/accuvoice turned on.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:39:29 PM EDT
[#41]
It’s grown on me.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:41:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fly
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:44:40 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Aaahhh, thank you!
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Aaahhh, thank you!

Yes, but she didn't show up for duties so it is speculated the Queen may haver very well killed her.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:53:58 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Yes, but she didn't show up for duties so it is speculated the Queen may haver very well killed her.
View Quote
She likely fled with the hush money she was given.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:59:10 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View Quote
Abortion tea.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 2:59:39 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
If the next show is photographed like the last one, I'm done.

I'll tolerate a minute or two of a dark shadow scene of barely discernible shapes, but not a large fraction of an hour.

That's on top of whispered dialog in heavy accents.

None of the episodes so far have been terribly interesting.

View Quote
You need a properly calibrated display.

It looks fantastic on my calibrated OLED.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 3:06:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Fly
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fly

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:25:58 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Extended dark scene filming is one of my pet peeves as well.  I did not notice it at all during that episode.  
I also hate not being able to understand dialog but, again, had no problem during that episode.

OLED TV + ZVOX Soundbar w/accuvoice turned on.
View Quote

I learned long ago, especially with HBO, close captions are your friend.
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:31:33 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

Was the oldest even in last nights episode?
Link Posted: 10/11/2022 7:35:09 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Was the oldest even in last nights episode?
View Quote
Yes this one. Younger one in the back.

Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top