Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 358
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:06:26 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
She's the sister of Laenor (Rhaenyra's gay husband), and was flirting with Daemon at the wedding party in the last episode.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Yes, it really did but the dissimilarity was kinda striking, from Rhaenmanyra to someone way more mature and normal looking.

And where did Daemon's wife come from?  Was she in the last episode (E05)?  I guess she daid now, right?
She's the sister of Laenor (Rhaenyra's gay husband), and was flirting with Daemon at the wedding party in the last episode.

It was very distracting how not-Daeman-like his daughters looked
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:11:24 PM EDT
[#2]
edit: im retarded
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:11:37 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
View Quote

Oh yeah!  Wow, this skipped over quite a bit there, from a forgettable flirty eyes scene to wed with 87 black Valerian daughters!!!  And absolutely zero character development to tell us why she'd rather fry herself and her unborn son than die by C-section.  Did Dumb & Dumber make a guest appearance to "tweak" the script?
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:12:10 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

No longer care about tiddie views. ??
View Quote

I wanted to see tiddies but now i'm impartial. (Except for queen bitch she needs to whip em out.)
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:21:46 PM EDT
[#5]
Oberyn Martell and Lyanna Mormont star in the HBO series The Last of Us based on the video game.

His "everyone who disagrees with me is a Nazi" politics aside, I have no issue with Pascal as the lead based on his acting and physical appearance, but the Mormont girl as the female lead is somewhat questionable considering she is supposed to be a little girl and in some scenes she looks like she could be pushing 40.

Attachment Attached File

I didn’t play the games, but I can’t say I’m too eager to watch the show after finding out…

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:43:51 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
the new actress is much better than fetal alcohol syndrome girl. and she matches up better to her description in the book now
View Quote

this

vs

some of you fuckers are either blind or tarded

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:46:37 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Oh yeah!  Wow, this skipped over quite a bit there, from a forgettable flirty eyes scene to wed with 87 black Valerian daughters!!!  And absolutely zero character development to tell us why she'd rather fry herself and her unborn son than die by C-section.  Did Dumb & Dumber make a guest appearance to "tweak" the script?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

actually she had told Daemon that she wanted to die like a dragon rider and not some lord. I guess this was her way of going out like a warrior.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 2:50:26 PM EDT
[#8]
I don't think anyone is trying to judge who they'd rather bang in real life.  They're simply comparing these:

Link Posted: 9/26/2022 3:47:17 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

actually she had told Daemon that she wanted to die like a dragon rider and not some lord. I guess this was her way of going out like a warrior.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wow, I need to pay more attention, that's spot on!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 7:18:30 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View Quote
Using my 1337 research skillz, Wikipedia says that the procedure wasn't always fatal in ancient and medieval times, making her decision even more mind boggling.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:05:32 PM EDT
[#11]
She shacked up with a cold, heartless dude and they had several scenes depicting an unhealthy, unhappy marriage. Add in the pain and she decided to check out.

I thought the whole thing was kind of a waste of her character.

I’m glad they had the jerk off scene though, it really added to the storyline.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 8:21:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Overlooking the ending GoT was The Godfather 1 & 2. HotD so far has been The Godfather 3.

YMMV
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:05:29 PM EDT
[#13]
HOTD is dumb as shit now... wtf episode 6 we're suddenly in the future and the new chick doesn't look anything like the old chick...ok I'm out.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 9:10:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Overlooking the ending GoT was The Godfather 1 & 2. HotD so far has been The Godfather 3.

YMMV
View Quote

"Overlooking her cheating, poisoning my dog, taking a metal bat to my car, setting my clothes on fire, and trying to murder me in my sleep... she was pretty much the perfect girlfriend."
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:11:53 PM EDT
[#15]
any reason why they concentrated on the cutting of the umbilical cord?

seems strange they would play that out…
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 10:56:27 PM EDT
[#16]
This is Arfcom!
We Do Both!
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:01:32 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

I wanted to see tiddies but now i'm impartial. (Except for queen bitch she needs to whip em out.)
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No longer care about tiddie views. ??

Can not think of any beautiful womenfolk still on the show.
Link Posted: 9/26/2022 11:06:20 PM EDT
[#18]
the show is weird. that was too much of a  time jump. they are rushing the story...

you know how this differs greatly from GOT? there are no characters for viewers to get invested with. there is this diseased whinny king, his bitch wife, the queen to be who suddenly ages 10 years, her uncle who seems to have been shuffled off to a side story. his wives last maybe two scenes and then die. then there is the lame guy. potentially the most interesting character (copied for glokta ... joe abercrombie?) who they sort of squeaked in lately. also, its hard keeping up with the story and characters.

story needs characters, story needs story...
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 10:07:08 AM EDT
[#19]
so lame guy is now the "Head" of house strong? so "creative" to use a lame guy to do "bitch" work

princess couldnt pick someone who was blonde? at least closer to "white" hair

daemon is now just a traveling pt barnum dragon rider show?

show is starting to piss me off. i was holding on cause i am a GoT fan.
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 2:13:29 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote

blood magic?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:04:30 PM EDT
[#21]
and how the hell is the other side gonna win versus the side with big ass dragons?
Link Posted: 9/27/2022 11:23:05 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
and how the hell is the other side gonna win versus the side with big ass dragons?
View Quote

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 9/28/2022 10:29:45 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

Easy.  

Just do what GoT did.  Have a guy that can no-scope a moving dragon a mile away using a scorpion that fires bolts at a velocity of about 2,000 m/s and that, if he misses, the bolt will travel 14 miles above sea level before it starts to drop back down to earth.
Link Posted: 9/30/2022 1:45:31 PM EDT
[#25]
Joe's Thoughts on House of Dragons
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 3:24:39 PM EDT
[#26]
Just found out that Sean Tanktop has resumed showing reaction videos of GoT.

His bar isn't nearly as populated as The Original Series.
Granted, he didn't post anything that I could find prior to the End-of Season 4, but.....
All things considered there should be a larger audience watching.

I also just finished watching the reactions to Episode 1; Two parts.

Still wondering if I should subscribe to stream the series.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 5:22:17 PM EDT
[#27]
I just don't think I'm into it really at this point. I don't know. It just isn't grabbing me.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 5:40:49 PM EDT
[#28]
So this this is a question for those who don’t like the show. It is not an insult, or a slight of any kind. It’s a sincere question.

What did you want from the show by episode 6 that it has not delivered?
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 5:47:58 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
So this this is a question for those who don't like the show. It is not an insult, or a slight of any kind. It's a sincere question.

View Quote
Like I said above, "I don't know." I can't put my finger on it really. I go back and forth between liking it and not. I keep wanting to compare it to the original even though I said I was going to stop doing that. In the very first episode of GOT I knew who everyone was, their allegiances, and who I was going to follow/like the entire series. I don't have that here..., yet. I can see it developing, we'll see. For example,

Click To View Spoiler
The bottom line is that I'm still watching.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 6:18:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
So this this is a question for those who don’t like the show. It is not an insult, or a slight of any kind. It’s a sincere question.

View Quote

Got was fucking epic. The story line and characters had depth. You could relate to all the characters. It was a full auto M4 with and M203 installed.

HotD is ehh. There is no depth to the story line or the character. I cannot relate to any of the characters. It is a CA compliant AR with a bullet button and pinned stock.

I expected this to be great. I expected the Targaryens to be conquerors as it was stated in Got. Got was like a war story written by grunts that had been there, done that. HotD is like a war story written by a bunch supply guys that served during war time but never even left CONUS.

There is not one character in HotD that could stand up to Hodor.

That last episode had a scene where Rhaenyra Targaryen is addressing the small council and she starts leaking. I cannot help but think that was put in there to show everyone how tough women have it in the face of the patriarchy.

I wanted this show to be great. I was hoping it would be so great I would forget about how Dumb and Dumber ruined GoT. I am hoping that it all sucks right now on purpose. It was done to show us that easy times breed soft men and this was why there was a civil war. I am waiting for them to press in the clutch and shift this show into epic.

Link Posted: 10/2/2022 8:37:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View Quote

Character development the makes me interested in the character with an emotional connection.

The most interesting character is Daemon and they don’t give him enough screen time.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 9:59:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Character development the makes me interested in the character with an emotional connection.

The most interesting character is Daemon and they don’t give him enough screen time.
View Quote

Is it that Daemon is the most interesting or that he isn't as big a douche bag as the rest?

That episode was better but still not on the same level as GoT. I got the ending half right. Once I thought about it I am surprised I did not see it.

One thing that was mentioned earlier on in this thread was how big a part the soundtrack played in GoT. IMO the soundtrack to HotD is weak too. You really notice the difference.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 10:10:43 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Is it that Daemon is the most interesting or that he isn't as big a douche bag as the rest?

That episode was better but still not on the same level as GoT. I got the ending half right. Once I thought about it I am surprised I did not see it.

One thing that was mentioned earlier on in this thread was how big a part the soundtrack played in GoT. IMO the soundtrack to HotD is weak too. You really notice the difference.
View Quote
Another excellent point. I have many pieces from the GOT soundtrack on my daily playlist.
Link Posted: 10/2/2022 11:24:12 PM EDT
[#34]
Meanwhile....Mr Williams on Last Week....

House of the Dragon 1x06 (REACTION) "The Princess and The Queen"
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:27:07 PM EDT
[#35]
I'm kinda bummed knowing what happens at the end of the upcoming civil war

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:29:19 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty womenfolk.
Link Posted: 10/3/2022 9:30:19 PM EDT
[#37]
the queens crippled simp annoys me
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 2:56:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

They waste loads of screen time on the dumbest and most unimportant things, most of which aren't even in the book.

And cut out quite a bit that develops the characters and informed the reader/viewer why something happened.

Directors being woke/artsy/or trying to put their spin on it.

Link Posted: 10/4/2022 11:38:21 AM EDT
[#39]
The most recent episode is just a bunch of bodiless white wigs hovering in the air and talking to one another...
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:50:59 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote

No he is the most interesting because he understands what his role is, make decisions for the family name with no emotion and knows what is ultimately at stake.

The rest of the cast in formulaic in their development and are acting to advance the plot.  Because their roll is plot advancement they don't have that much development and we find it hard to get attached to their struggles and success.  They are moving the plot so fast that it's hard to get attached to a character as they are aging and changing episode to episode.  

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 10/4/2022 6:55:45 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

No he is the most interesting because he understands what his role is, make decisions for the family name with no emotion and knows what is ultimately at stake.

The rest of the cast in formulaic in their development and are acting to advance the plot.  Because their roll is plot advancement they don't have that much development and we find it hard to get attached to their struggles and success.  They are moving the plot so fast that it's hard to get attached to a character as they are aging and changing episode to episode.  

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote
Rhaenyra was interesting until they switched actresses.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 3:34:56 PM EDT
[#42]
It is like Got was made by Republicans and HotD was made by Democrats.
Link Posted: 10/5/2022 4:36:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
It is like Got[/i] was made by Republicans and [b]HotD was made by Democrats.
View Quote

After watching the last couple seasons of GoT, I resent that.
Link Posted: 10/8/2022 9:27:45 PM EDT
[#44]
Just caught up with ep 7. The dragon scene kicked ass. So did the kid fight.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 7:54:59 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 10:16:13 PM EDT
[#46]
Best episode yet.
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 10:24:50 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Best episode yet.
View Quote

1st time the Wife & I both said "I can't wait until the next episode!"
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 10:29:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

1st time the Wife & I both said "I can't wait until the next episode!"
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/9/2022 10:39:56 PM EDT
[#49]
Damn, dreads got it upside the head!
Link Posted: 10/9/2022 10:47:16 PM EDT
[#50]
this episode borrowed the crab kings mask and the head in the box from reddick

note he tongue in he lower part...

Riddick (8/10) Movie CLIP - The Five Second Kill (2013) HD
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top