Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 12/22/2022 11:56:37 PM EDT
[#1]
A video that astutely details the differences between a brilliant job of writing a character’s decent into madness and a total shit job of writing it.  Try to guess which show will be which example.

Major spoilers for Arcane so don’t watch the video if you haven’t seen that yet.  And if you haven’t then I highly recommend you do.  It’s the best show I’ve seen in years.

How (NOT) To Write Madness | Arcane vs Game Of Thrones

Link Posted: 12/23/2022 4:40:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Went to a Wally-World.
HotD, Season 1 was available.
I'll be watching it this weekend.

I also noticed they had GoT, the Complete series on sale.  Its price went up.
Link Posted: 12/23/2022 4:47:49 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Went to a Wally-World.
HotD, Season 1 was available.
I'll be watching it this weekend.

I also noticed they had GoT, the Complete series on sale.  Its price went up.
View Quote

Maybe the resell price went up too.  I have blu ray box sets for S1, S2, and S3 and not long after the series ruining finale aired I tried to sell them to those "we buy your blu rays/dvds" places.  After shipping cost the best price I could find for ALL 3 seasons was $6.
Link Posted: 12/26/2022 10:59:50 PM EDT
[#4]
I noticed something Cute yesterday: I'm about 40% through the book and I'm suddenly sure of where the book and the series are.
OK, the Sea Snake is about between 2 and 5...and no sight of Prince Daemon Targaryen or Princess Rhaenyra Targaryen.

The book is All Over The Place (); it is hard to tell the book from the series save the last names.
Guessing the Series takes place when The King dies and Certain Councils play poker to see who gets the Throne.

At least one event in the book seems to have taken place at different times with somebody else.  Reasonable, one character have been composites of several other characters in the past besides this book.
Link Posted: 1/7/2023 9:03:34 PM EDT
[#5]
Corrections....

I am now halfway through the Book and Only Now am I starting to see the characters from the TV.

Yes, I have also finished watching the DVD's, too.

Cute season ending.
Link Posted: 1/8/2023 8:45:33 PM EDT
[#6]
From Page 200:
Quoted:

Wonder if this show will generate 300 pages by the time it ends https://images-na.ssl-images-amazon.com/images/I/81NgGHa79wL._SY445_.jpg
View Quote

Game of Thrones or House of the Dragons
?
Link Posted: 1/13/2023 12:01:40 AM EDT
[#7]
OK.....HotD won a Golden Globe Award:

House of the Dragon Wins Best Drama Television Series | 2023 Golden Globe Awards on NBC

Other awards as the year passes.

Meanwhile Arya Stark is in a new TV Series.
To quote the old catch phrase Blondes Have More Fun.
Link Posted: 1/15/2023 1:45:23 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 1/16/2023 7:48:48 PM EDT
[#9]
Reading....
OK, I'm somewhere around Episodes 7 and 8 combined.

The Good King demanded everybody to be nice to each other and they were.

They were too, for a while.....
Link Posted: 1/18/2023 2:45:53 PM EDT
[#10]
OK, my Reading of Season 1 is over

The First Air-to-Air combat in Westeros history is done.
I can make so many inappropriate jokes about somebody now wearing a silk scarf......

Link Posted: 1/18/2023 10:29:33 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 1/19/2023 12:08:33 AM EDT
[#12]
He can keep his tongue
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:11:25 PM EDT
[#13]
OK, my reading has me in Season 2

But there is something I'd like to have explained to me from Season 1:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:17:59 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

Maybe you could explain something to me. Why the fuck do you keep posting where you are in the book? Is the AR15BookClub.com? Is this twitter?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 10:58:27 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Maybe you could explain something to me. Why the fuck do you keep posting where you are in the book? Is the AR15BookClub.com? Is this twitter?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Click To View Spoiler

Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:00:20 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
View Quote

Are you part of the book club of the month?
Link Posted: 1/22/2023 11:52:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I really can't describe the article I'm reading from the latest issue of Playboy® now, can I?
Of course others here have snuck about and started reading the opening chapters of the next GoT novels......
Link Posted: 2/8/2023 1:57:46 PM EDT
[#18]
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 1:47:46 AM EDT
[#19]
I just signed up for trial HBO Max on Prime and figure I give HotD a try.  I could barely prod through the first two episodes.  The production value went from HBO/GoT to basic cable, and the actings and dialogs are so flat they felt like table read.  But they sure lay on that omg patriarchy/grrrl power thick.
Link Posted: 2/9/2023 8:16:20 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I just signed up for trial HBO Max on Prime and figure I give HotD a try.  I could barely prod through the first two episodes.  The production value went from HBO/GoT to basic cable, and the actings and dialogs are so flat they felt like table read.  But they sure lay on that omg patriarchy/grrrl power thick.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:38:35 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View Quote

I would encourage you to continue watching. It gets very good once the SPOILERS AHEAD actors change after episode 5. It’s a bit of a slow burn. Very political, few battles as of yet.

Believe me, season 2 will be a bit more gory.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 2:54:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I would encourage you to continue watching. It gets very good once the SPOILERS AHEAD actors change after episode 5. It's a bit of a slow burn. Very political, few battles as of yet.

Believe me, season 2 will be a bit more gory.
View Quote

Agreed. We all had to plow through it and had similar doubts to start.  It gets better.

IMO.

Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:27:00 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I would encourage you to continue watching. It gets very good once the SPOILERS AHEAD actors change after episode 5. It’s a bit of a slow burn. Very political, few battles as of yet.
View Quote

You must be watching it from the America Joe Biden keeps talking about.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 3:37:41 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Um. Okay?
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 4:53:12 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
Um. Okay?
View Quote

Joe Biden keeps talking about an America where everyone is employed, the price of gas is down, inflation is down, manufacturing is up, etc. I guess we can throw in HotD is good there too.

When GoT rolled out a new season I would go back and re-watch the season before it just before the new season aired. I could not stomach watching season one of HotD again. I pray they pull their heads out of their asses and make the show great like it should be.
Link Posted: 2/12/2023 5:00:19 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Joe Biden keeps talking about an America where everyone is employed, the price of gas is down, inflation is down, manufacturing is up, etc. I guess we can throw in HotD is good there too.

When GoT rolled out a new season I would go back and re-watch the season before it just before the new season aired. I could not stomach watching season one of HotD again. I pray they pull their heads out of their asses and make the show great like it should be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um. Okay?

If you don’t like the show, don’t watch it.

If it makes you physically ill, see a doctor.
Link Posted: 2/14/2023 7:39:03 PM EDT
[#27]
Link Posted: 2/15/2023 3:40:42 AM EDT
[#28]
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 9:35:04 AM EDT
[#29]
Cliff Notes: Scenes were cut for time

House of the Dragon Leak: Baela's Dragon Moondancer Season 1 Design (from Making-Of Book)
House of the Dragon Leak: Baela's Dragon Moondancer Season 1 Design (from Making-Of Book)
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 2:47:53 PM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 3:34:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Um. Okay?

I admit I’m not the biggest fan, but what the fuck are you talking about?
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 3:38:22 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I admit I'm not the biggest fan, but what the fuck are you talking about?
View Quote
Lol!

Game Of Thrones and House Of The Dragon.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 5:19:19 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Lol!

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I admit I'm not the biggest fan, but what the fuck are you talking about?
Lol!

Then what’s all the Joe Biden’s America nonsense?  I must have missed that episode or something.
Link Posted: 2/16/2023 5:44:15 PM EDT
[#34]
You got me on that one
Link Posted: 2/18/2023 10:02:51 PM EDT
[#35]
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:01:56 PM EDT
[#36]
I was rewatching The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and I literally burst out laughing when I remembered how pre-8x03 some people associated with GoT/HBO were hyping the Battle of Winterfell as being better and more epic than The Battle of Helm's Deep.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:32:41 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I was rewatching The Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers and I literally burst out laughing when I remembered how pre-8x03 some people associated with GoT/HBO were hyping the Battle of Winterfell as being better and more epic than The Battle of Helm's Deep.
View Quote

The Battle of Winterfell was a huge disappointment. All we heard about was these brutal winters and how the white walkers and the army of the dead were going to wipe out the Seven Kingdoms. It was all over in one episode.

IMO they should have made season seven a full season. The first two episodes of season eight should have been part of season seven. Make the entire build up to the Battle of Winterfell the tenth episode of season seven. Make right around the start of the battle the cliff hanger. Start season eight off with a two hour movie that is all battle. I would not have a problem if it was longer than a two hour movie.

YMMV
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 6:47:31 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

The Battle of Winterfell was a huge disappointment. All we heard about was these brutal winters and how the white walkers and the army of the dead were going to wipe out the Seven Kingdoms. It was all over in one episode.

IMO they should have made season seven a full season. The first two episodes of season eight should have been part of season seven. Make the entire build up to the Battle of Winterfell the tenth episode of season seven. Make right around the start of the battle the cliff hanger. Start season eight off with a two hour movie that is all battle. I would not have a problem if it was longer than a two hour movie.

YMMV
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

YMMV

S8 = Defeating the Night King

S9 = Defeating Cersei

S10 = Dany's reign and her decent into madness (that they had been building towards for the past two seasons)

Alas, Dumb & Dumber wanted to do Star Wars.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 7:27:00 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

S9 = Defeating Cersei

S10 = Dany's reign and her decent into madness (that they had been building towards for the past two seasons)

View Quote

If you want to add more seasons then I would add the seven more seasons George RR Martin said they would need.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 7:51:35 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

If you want to add more seasons then I would add the seven more seasons George RR Martin said they would need.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

S9 = Defeating Cersei

Sure, but I think adding two more seasons would've been realistic.  Adding seven more seasons would not have been.

Plus after Dumb and Dumber shit the bed with Dorne, Stannis, etc. while totally omitting other storylines like "Aegon," Lady Stoneheart, etc. the die was already cast by S7.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 7:59:28 PM EDT
[#41]

LOL
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:12:08 PM EDT
[#42]

Since the first scene of the first episode of the first season they had been hyping the White Walkers/Night King as THE threat in the series.

The battle they had been hyping for nearly a decade arrives and the Night King and all his White Walkers COMBINED kill one person (IIRC) and then are destroyed when a random 90 pound girl jumps out of some bushes and one-shots him.
Link Posted: 2/19/2023 8:17:02 PM EDT
[#43]
And then there is the decision to have Arya kill the Night King instead of Jon.  It was so nonsensical that even Maisie Williams (Ayra) publicly said it should have been Jon.

My favorite "actors shitting on the show" story though is Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran) admitting that the first time he read the script for the series finale he thought people were playing a joke on him.
Link Posted: 3/4/2023 4:37:57 PM EDT
[#44]

House of the Dragon: Matt Smith Confirms Season 2 Filming Starts April 12
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 3:13:30 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
And then there is the decision to have Arya kill the Night King instead of Jon.  It was so nonsensical that even Maisie Williams (Ayra) publicly said it should have been Jon.

My favorite "actors shitting on the show" story though is Isaac Hempstead Wright (Bran) admitting that the first time he read the script for the series finale he thought people were playing a joke on him.
View Quote

I guess I'm one of the few that liked that.

But yeah the whole Bran thing and such was dumb as fuck. I'd like to see the outtakes of the filming of that scene. I bet it took many because I feel like Dinklage probably busted out laughing multiple times trying to say his lines about who had a better story than Bran.
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 5:57:20 PM EDT
[#46]
House of the Dragon: First News on Season 2 Directors (Alan Taylor, Clare Kilner, Geeta Patel, etc)
Link Posted: 3/5/2023 6:13:55 PM EDT
[#47]

I am hearing there is concern with women and minorities directing episodes. IDGAF about that. I want to see King's Landing not Knot's Landing.
Link Posted: 3/12/2023 10:39:48 AM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 3/14/2023 10:53:42 PM EDT
[#49]

House of the Dragon: Season 2 Camera Crew Arrives in Spain, New Filming Location in Wales
Link Posted: 3/19/2023 6:46:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Hmmmm....Maybe if the shows just didn't suk Donkey Dick people would just watch them.
Those shows were almost guaranteed to bomb.

Why the Search for "The Next Game of Thrones" is Over (Streaming Wars)
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top