Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 1:31:21 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 3/27/2023 2:09:37 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

As good as Got was character development went out the window after they ran out of book material around season 5.
Link Posted: 3/28/2023 1:28:42 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

As good as Got was character development went out the window after they ran out of book material around season 5.
View Quote
Not just character development, either.
All those clever, dangerous people that could determine your fate with a single conversation were completely neutered (Pun only slightly intended, re Varys ) when D&D ran out of source material. Tyrion, Littlefinger, Varys, etc. All became witless background noise with nothing clever or dangerous to add to anything.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 9:47:39 AM EDT
[#4]
Season 2 of HotD will only be (8) episodes -

https://deadline.com/2023/03/house-of-the-dragon-season-2-episode-count-season-3-greenlight-season-4-hbo-1235312044/

GRRM states in the article - "It is going to take four full seasons of 10 episodes each to do justice to the Dance of the Dragons, from start to finish.”

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:52:08 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

https://deadline.com/2023/03/house-of-the-dragon-season-2-episode-count-season-3-greenlight-season-4-hbo-1235312044/

GRRM states in the article - "It is going to take four full seasons of 10 episodes each to do justice to the Dance of the Dragons, from start to finish.”

View Quote

He also said GoT needed 13 seasons.
Link Posted: 3/29/2023 11:59:14 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

To paraphrase what a Black Hat said in Jump School: 13 Seasons.  That means Told 13 seasons, expect 10, get 8 seasons.

Link Posted: 3/29/2023 12:09:31 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
View Quote

He said 13-15 total to do it right. D&D's 8 seasons proved he was right.

But WTF does GRRM know? He only created the story.
Link Posted: 3/31/2023 9:06:38 AM EDT
[#8]
Link Posted: 4/2/2023 12:40:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Hmmmm.....
Splitting the season in two....

Link Posted: 4/2/2023 5:52:43 PM EDT
[#10]
I think I finally found something that is as badly written as D&D's work:

Am I Right or Not
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 1:54:47 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 4/5/2023 11:41:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 4/9/2023 12:52:10 AM EDT
[#13]
I was deleting some old screen shots and I found this.

“Bricks” wasn’t an option so the bookmaker won every bet everyone made.

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:28:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 9:57:45 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/E4347385-699E-4182-BBFD-7A581D213B6B_jpe-2775827.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/5A4889AE-8D2B-41C6-82B4-4E3D2F90746C_jpe-2775828.JPG
View Quote
Daenerys should have paid off for that bet.  It's like arguing Alec Baldwin didn't kill the cinematographer, a bullet did.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 10:16:11 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Daenerys should have paid off for that bet.  It's like arguing Alec Baldwin didn't kill the cinematographer, a bullet did.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/E4347385-699E-4182-BBFD-7A581D213B6B_jpe-2775827.JPG

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/5A4889AE-8D2B-41C6-82B4-4E3D2F90746C_jpe-2775828.JPG

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:17:59 PM EDT
[#17]
HBO is going ahead with another Game of Thrones series.  

This times it's, The Hedge Knight about Ser Duncan the Tall and Egg.

George RR Martin will write the series.

He'll do anything to try and keep from finishing Winds of Winter.

Link Posted: 4/13/2023 1:26:41 PM EDT
[#18]
I also read they are talking about doing one on Aegon the Conqueror. IDK why they did not start HotD back to where the Targaryens were still in Valyria.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 3:27:16 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I also read they are talking about doing one on Aegon the Conqueror. IDK why they did not start HotD back to where the Targaryens were still in Valyria.
View Quote

People bitched about a 24 ish year time jump. They would lose their shit over 130 years.

I don’t want to see a series about the conquest. Best left to legend.

A Dunk and Egg series would be nice, if integrated into the story at the time.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 6:05:07 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don’t want to see a series about the conquest. Best left to legend.
View Quote

I do if it is done right.

When they announced they were doing a prequel spin off series on the Targaryen dynasty I thought it would be great. I was hoping they would go back to Valyria and we would see how the Targaryens connected with the dragons. I wanted to see Aegon the Conqueror in action. I wanted to see the iron throne forged by Balerion.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:49:44 PM EDT
[#21]
[Me] Write an alternate ending to Game of Thrones where Jon Snow kills the night king

[ChatGPT]
As Jon Snow faced the Night King on the battlefield, he knew that this was the moment that would determine the fate of all mankind. The icy blue eyes of the Night King bore into him, and Jon could feel the cold seeping into his bones. He gripped his sword tightly and prepared to strike.

The Night King moved with blinding speed, his sword flashing in the moonlight. Jon parried each blow, his muscles straining with the effort. He knew that he could not let the Night King win, that if he fell, the armies of the dead would sweep across the land and consume everything in their path.

With a roar, Jon lunged forward, his sword flashing through the air. The Night King dodged to the side, but Jon's blade found its mark, piercing the Night King's heart.

As the Night King fell, the army of the dead crumbled into dust. The remaining White Walkers shattered like glass, and the wights collapsed into piles of bones. The battle was won, and the war was over.

Jon stood over the fallen Night King, his chest heaving with exhaustion. He had saved the world, but at what cost? He had lost so many friends and allies, and he knew that the scars of this war would linger for generations to come.

But for now, Jon was content to stand victorious. He had saved his people, and that was all that mattered.
Link Posted: 4/13/2023 11:58:28 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
[Me] Write an alternate ending to Game of Thrones where Jon Snow kills the night king

[ChatGPT]
As Jon Snow faced the Night King on the battlefield, he knew that this was the moment that would determine the fate of all mankind. The icy blue eyes of the Night King bore into him, and Jon could feel the cold seeping into his bones. He gripped his sword tightly and prepared to strike.

The Night King moved with blinding speed, his sword flashing in the moonlight. Jon parried each blow, his muscles straining with the effort. He knew that he could not let the Night King win, that if he fell, the armies of the dead would sweep across the land and consume everything in their path.

With a roar, Jon lunged forward, his sword flashing through the air. The Night King dodged to the side, but Jon's blade found its mark, piercing the Night King's heart.

As the Night King fell, the army of the dead crumbled into dust. The remaining White Walkers shattered like glass, and the wights collapsed into piles of bones. The battle was won, and the war was over.

Jon stood over the fallen Night King, his chest heaving with exhaustion. He had saved the world, but at what cost? He had lost so many friends and allies, and he knew that the scars of this war would linger for generations to come.

But for now, Jon was content to stand victorious. He had saved his people, and that was all that mattered.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 3:17:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Quoted:

[ChatGPT]

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/258158/D2B43A8D-C5BF-4EDD-94F2-5D7CB6F7A1A6_jpe-2781664.JPG

Arthur Dayne knighted Jaime in the Kingswood.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:04:50 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Ser Arthur Dayne. Whatever else he is, the man's still a knight. LOL
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 4:16:06 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:44:41 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View Quote

“Ser Arthur Dayne, the man who was stabbed by an injured mudman and then got killed with his own weapon,” call him what he is.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:52:10 AM EDT
[#27]
Until GRRM undoes the travesty of how HBO ended his series, and I’m 99% he won’t, I am done with GOT completely.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 6:56:45 AM EDT
[#28]
That killing of the Night King would’ve been 87 times better than what we got.  

Instead we got the Night King being killed when a 90 pound girl jumped out of some bushes and one shot him, after she displayed inexplicable immunity to his deathly freezing hand around her neck, and Jaime, who apparently “never cared about the people” despite sacrificing his reputation to save them, got killed by some bricks.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:04:23 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

“Ser Arthur Dayne, the man who was stabbed by an injured mudman and then got killed with his own weapon,” call him what he is.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good Ser, this thread is about Game of Thrones, ASOIAF, and House of the Dragon. The events you're referencing are from Season 6 of some other show.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:09:02 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Until GRRM undoes the travesty of how HBO ended his series, and I’m 99% he won’t, I am done with GOT completely.
View Quote

Yeah, knowing the hilariously absurd way their House ultimately gets wiped from existence, I just can’t bring myself to give a shit about any of this Targaryen prequel stuff.  Not to mention, already knowing exactly what happens with that story.  Hell, during the Joffrey/Margaery/Sept of Baelor scene GoT straight up tells non-book readers how it ends.

It would’ve been the same with the Night King prequel.  Knowing the laughably ridiculous way his story ends, who gives a shit how he got there?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:16:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Good Ser, this thread is about Game of Thrones, ASOIAF, and House of the Dragon. The events you're referencing are from Season 6 of some other show.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

In A Clash of Kings it’s revealed that Arthur Dayne would’ve killed Ned Stark if not for Howland Reed so its likely the same thing happened in the books too. Though perhaps not the insult of being killed with his own weapon.
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:20:50 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

[ChatGPT]

View Quote

If you ask it to write the ending in the style of GRRM does it just hang up and show a spinning hourglass?
Link Posted: 4/14/2023 7:22:38 AM EDT
[#33]
Speaking of Arthur Dayne, one of my favorite Jaime quotes comes from when he is addressing the hollow shell of what was once the elite Kingsguard:

“I learned from the White Bull and Barristan the Bold. I learned from Ser Arthur Dayne, the Sword of the Morning, who could have slain all five of you with his left hand while he was taking a piss with the right.”
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:16:46 PM EDT
[#34]
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 12:37:36 PM EDT
[#35]

I forgot about this thread, interesting to see it still going. It's been years since I gave up on April Fool's jokes about Martin announcing a release date for the next book. I'm with the other poster above: Martin is done with ASOIAF, so I'm done with him.

Contrast with Robert Jordan, who worked like the devil while he was dying to make sure that his story would be completed for his fans. FGRRM.
Link Posted: 4/30/2023 3:25:59 PM EDT
[#36]
I just finished reading Fire And Blood;  the A Dance Of Dragons source book.

Two things really bother me:
One: All the plagues that happened in the later sections of the novel.  So many dead and there are still thousands of people available to wage whoopee on each other.  We had The Black Death devastated 14th Century Eurasia.  Westeros & Company would have shrugged those deaths off.  OK, it would have been a serious problem, but nowhere as bad as some of the Plagues they suffered.

Two:. The book didn't seem to actually end.  It felt like there should be more chapters to it.  Imagine GRRM truly finishes GoT and you feel something has been left out.  There needs to be another dozen or so more chapters, maybe even another book.  

Still a fantastic read.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 4:13:05 PM EDT
[#37]
Rewatching, pretty much all of the scenes I don't love are Rhaenys doing illogical or annoying things.

By far the weakest character. I still love the show. Can't wait for season 2.
Link Posted: 5/1/2023 4:27:35 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
I just finished reading Fire And Blood;  the A Dance Of Dragons source book.

Two things really bother me:
One: All the plagues that happened in the later sections of the novel.  So many dead and there are still thousands of people available to wage whoopee on each other.  We had The Black Death devastated 14th Century Eurasia.  Westeros & Company would have shrugged those deaths off.  OK, it would have been a serious problem, but nowhere as bad as some of the Plagues they suffered.

Two:. The book didn't seem to actually end.  It felt like there should be more chapters to it.  Imagine GRRM truly finishes GoT and you feel something has been left out.  There needs to be another dozen or so more chapters, maybe even another book.  

Still a fantastic read.
View Quote
Medieval armies are actually pretty small compared to the population size. The Battle of Bosworth Field was the deciding battle in the English War of the Roses. It involved between 16,500 and 26,000 men on all sides when England had a total population of 3 million at the time. Also, Westeros is huge. It's basically the size of continent like Europe and each of the nine regions in the Seven Kingdoms would be the size of a major European state like Britain or France.  
Link Posted: 5/2/2023 12:29:08 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 5/7/2023 3:57:28 PM EDT
[#40]
Yesterday (Saturday) I was in a Barnes & Noble bookstore.
While I didn't exactly see what I was looking for, I did find and buy a copy of GRRM's book A Knight of the Seven Kingdoms; The collection of Dunk & Egg stories.  I have to say that I'm enjoying this book more than I enjoyed any of the GoT books.

And, YES, the Complete GoT series was selling: $160.

The Dance of Dragons must be doing wonders for unsold GoT Blu-Ray and other format sales.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:35:20 AM EDT
[#41]

Why the Winds of Winter Release Date is in 2024: GRRM Paused All Other Tie-in Books
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:41:49 AM EDT
[#42]

I remember back in '14 he promised it would be out in '15.

I'll believe it when I see it.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:50:45 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

When the sun rises in the West and sets in the East. When the seas go dry and mountains blow in the wind like leaves.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 7:56:59 AM EDT
[#44]
He spends half the video saying I'm scared of what the book will contain.

Nope, I'm pretty sure I'm just pissed at having to wait a decade while GRRM bangs cosplayers and writes poetry books.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 10:36:00 AM EDT
[#45]
Like I’ve been saying for half a decade: GRRM is like a child being called upon to give a book report on a book he didn’t read so he’s eating up time bullshitting hoping the bell rings before the teacher figures out he really has no idea what he’s doing.
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:29:04 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Like I’ve been saying for half a decade: GRRM is like a child being called upon to give a book report on a book he didn’t read so he’s eating up time bullshitting hoping the bell rings before the teacher figures out he really has no idea what he’s doing.
View Quote
So what are your thoughts that he'll finish the books  - all of them - without some ghost writers finishing the series

()
Link Posted: 5/16/2023 11:55:06 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
So what are your thoughts that he'll finish the books  - all of them - without some ghost writers finishing the series

()
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

()

Chances GRRM will finish book before he dies:

Book 6 = 40%

Book 7 = 0.1%

In one of the early GoT threads I said I didn’t think GRRM was going to finish book 7 in time before the TV series finished.  Some kneeler(s) said I was just being a hater and that GRRM would definitely finish the books in time.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 7:51:11 PM EDT
[#48]
ARYA exists!
I know two people that use such devices.  I do not know which company they personally use.
Link Posted: 5/20/2023 9:08:27 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Chances GRRM will finish book before he dies:

Book 6 = 40%

Book 7 = 0.1%

In one of the early GoT threads I said I didn't think GRRM was going to finish book 7 in time before the TV series finished.  Some kneeler(s) said I was just being a hater and that GRRM would definitely finish the books in time.
View Quote
I'm just hoping Brandon Sanderson stays healthy.  
Link Posted: 6/2/2023 7:33:39 AM EDT
[#50]
Will A Dream Of Spring Ever Be Released? House Of The Dragon / ASOIAF speculation & Analysis.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top