BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 358
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 5:29:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Weren't the Nights King and the Others defeated thousands of years before the Targaryens even came to westeros?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Some people are insisting that was a Targaryen sigil and that the Night King was sending Dany a message.

Probably the same people that thought the Dothraki were "paying homage" to Dany when they captured her at the end of S5.
Weren't the Nights King and the Others defeated thousands of years before the Targaryens even came to westeros?
The War of Conquest (that brought the Targaryens into power) was only about 300 years ago.

The Targaryens did land on Dragonstone before that though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 5:45:20 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Euron is not going to survive. But Cersei will.
View Quote
Cersei will mary the white walker king and live deadly ever after.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 5:49:58 PM EDT
[#3]
Did Dany not bring any food with her?

What was her plan for food before sailing to Westeros? Just resupply from the Reach?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:09:29 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

What was her plan for food before sailing to Westeros? Just resupply from the Reach?
View Quote
I believe that was the plan. Which is why it boggles the mind that she torched the Lannister wagon train and didn't try to capture it.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:15:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I believe that was the plan. Which is why it boggles the mind that she torched the Lannister wagon train and didn't try to capture it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Are you surprised at all given dragontits' record?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:15:38 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote
Estrogen ....

Thats why .
Act now..think later...blame someone else.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:18:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Some people are insisting that was a Targaryen sigil and that the Night King was sending Dany a message.

Probably the same people that thought the Dothraki were "paying homage" to Dany when they captured her at the end of S5.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd like to know also. Can someone give us a hand?
Yes symbology big time.

The night kings symbols has been shown many times in the series.

Last nights

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7_09_54_PM-913500.png

Dead horses after the battle of the Fist of the First Men in season 3

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7_47_59_PM-913502.png

The children of the forest around the wierwood tree in season 5 when they make the first whit walker.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7_53_39_PM-913503.png

First episode had another symbol that is also seen a bunch of times.  It is similar to the night kings amulet that he wears around his neck.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7_37_03_PM-913504.png

Season 7 under Dragonstone Jon snow shows dragon girl these symbols carved into the rocks.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_8_00_41_PM-913507.png

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_8_01_07_PM-913508.png

Interesting.  I had not seen that discussed but I have no doubts with some of the crazy stuff people have presented on reddit and other places.

Like you, Im not really buying that one if only just because we know that The Children of the Forest, the First Men, and the White Walkers are much older than the Targs rule of westeros.  Plus I dont think the Night King cares who rules in the south.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:23:21 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Agreed. It's a joke that NCW (Jaime) didn't even get an EMMY nomination for that episode.  The bath scene with Brienne was amazing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He just told her about how the Mad King earned his name.  He never knew anything about the real reason Jaime killed him.  Selmy wasn't even in KL for that.

The only people we know Jaime told were Tyrion and Brienne.
And you have to admit, Jaime told it better. "Burn them all!"
Agreed. It's a joke that NCW (Jaime) didn't even get an EMMY nomination for that episode.  The bath scene with Brienne was amazing.
That end of the Brienne and Jamie arc is when people realized they could love and be fans of a incestuous, oath breaker who laughes when he throws boys out of tower windows.

Amazing writing during that portion of the arc.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:34:57 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Lets jump back to last season.
#1 Where did the the dead get the chains to pull the dragon out of the water.
#2 If the dead cannot swim, who went down to wrap the chain around the dragon to pull it out.

I still wonder if Tyrion is a Lannister , could he be Targaryen given the dragon encounter.
View Quote
Dude. It's a tv show. A fantasy show at that.

If you wanna question that episode, question why the night king threw the lance at a moving target, in the sky, rather than the one on the ground, sitting still , right in front of him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:36:43 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
That's Gendry.... For the slow learners
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does Cerci have another kid if the witch only said three? She better read that warning label able babies on the side of those gallon wine boxes.
Cerci already gave birth to four. The first, a dark-haired boy, died.

When Ned learned this, he set off to research and concluded that the dead dark-haired boy was a Baratheon, and the living blond kids were Jaime's.
Huh?  Uh... I belive that is incorrect.  Gendry is Roberts not Cerci's.

Thats why the prior Hand of Robert, Jon Arron paid for Gendrys apprenticeship as a blacksmith.  This is also why once king Robert died, Cersi had Lanister and The Kings soldiers out serching for him to kill him like the others bastard born from Roberts.  All percipitated by Ned Starks investigations and finally confronting Cersi.

I belive that was the time line.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:38:36 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

If you wanna question that episode, question why the night king threw the lance at a moving target, in the sky, rather than the one on the ground, sitting still , right in front of him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Lets jump back to last season.
#1 Where did the the dead get the chains to pull the dragon out of the water.
#2 If the dead cannot swim, who went down to wrap the chain around the dragon to pull it out.

I still wonder if Tyrion is a Lannister , could he be Targaryen given the dragon encounter.

The dead may not be able to swim but they can certainly sink. Who gives a shit what happens to them after they've attached the chains to the dead dragon?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:38:57 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Thats why the prior Hand of Robert, Jon Arron paid for Gendrys apprenticeship as a blacksmith.  This is also why once king Robert died, Cersi had Lanister and The Kings soldiers out serching for him to kill him like the others bastard born from Roberts.  All percipitated by Ned Starks investigations and finally confronting Cersi.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
How does Cerci have another kid if the witch only said three? She better read that warning label able babies on the side of those gallon wine boxes.

When Ned learned this, he set off to research and concluded that the dead dark-haired boy was a Baratheon, and the living blond kids were Jaime's.

It was Joffrey who ordered Robert's bastards to be killed, they threatened his claim to the Throne.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:42:53 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
I almost laughed when that first one got killed, because he had been on screen for all of 1 second before he died.  But now that actor can say "I was in Game of Thrones!"  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
I don't recall any on screen deaths in last night's episodes. Were  there? Is this the first episode where no one died (on screen)?
I'm not counting the Umber boy. Also, fuck that scene.  About gave me a god damn heart attack.
Theon killed a bunch of Ironborn while saving Yara.
I almost laughed when that first one got killed, because he had been on screen for all of 1 second before he died.  But now that actor can say "I was in Game of Thrones!"  
He and the second are actors on another TV show.  I cant recall which show but they were talking about it on reddit and had some video the the 2 dead guys talking about how cool it was to get killed on GOT..
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 6:45:13 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

It was Joffrey who ordered Robert's bastards to be killed, they threatened his claim to the Throne.
View Quote
Ah right, that evil little fucker.

Thanks.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 7:05:51 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Interesting.

May be a long con about the pregnancy.

She wouldn't drink wine while meeting with Tyrion after the dragon pit scene, and he then accused her of being pregnant.

Cersi was drinking wine after her romp with Euron, so maybe she isn't knocked up.
View Quote
I don’t think they knew the effects of alcohol on a fetus.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 7:13:49 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Wow, Deadwood is happening!
View Quote
Well I guess nothing gets by you.

Cocksucker.

Click here Cocksuckers!
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 7:47:18 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Gendry is not dead. Gendry is Robert's bastard. Cersei's first baby died. Revealed in S01E02 and again in S01E05.
View Quote
She said it died. She ditched it. How is a bastard not going to know or have a mother and who keeps tabs on a random bastard kid of a whore..... Think about it
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 7:50:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Gendry is Cersei's dark haired first born son that died?
View Quote
Except he didn't die... I'm telling you. Gendry is Cersi and Roberts kid. He is the legitimate heir to the thrown as far as progression goes. Someone didnt have the heart to kill him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 7:51:53 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Except he didn't die... I'm telling you. Gendry is Cersi and Roberts kid. He is the legitimate heir to the thrown as far as progression goes. Someone didnt have the heart to kill him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you have any evidence to support that claim?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 7:54:05 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Dude. Rewatch season 1. You know nothing Badlatitude.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 7:57:21 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

There has not been even the slightest rat's fart of a hint that Gendry is anything but the son of Robert and a random tavern wench.

There's no way Cersei could have kept a secret pregnancy from her family anyway.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 7:59:39 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It would have to be a conspiracy in order for someone other than Jamie or Cersei to have killed that baby, and NO ONE knew about the two of them until Jon Arryn started snooping around. Cersei would have only trusted Jamie to have killed him, what makes you think he wouldn't have done it? Him not doing it is unlikely in my opinion, as he was ballsy enough to push Bran out of the window once they had been caught.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:46:44 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'd love to hear what evidence there has been that proves this is correct to the point that anyone who doesn't accept it as fact is a "slow learner."
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:49:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Anyone else hoping to see Hodor as a White Walker?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:54:38 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
Well, if you really wanna question that episode, ask how Gendry ran back, sent a raven to Dany thousands of miles, hopped on her dragon, and flew thousands of miles back in the span of about 45 minutes.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:56:32 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Well, if you really wanna question that episode, ask how Gendry ran back, sent a raven to Dany thousands of miles, hopped on her dragon, and flew thousands of miles back in the span of about 45 minutes.
View Quote
Dude worked out daily on a rowing machine for years. His cardio is on point.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:56:51 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote
I've heard this theory mentioned before.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:59:03 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Big difference between saying it's a theory and claiming it's a known fact though.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 8:59:28 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
There is a lot of speculation that the "miscarried" baby was in fact taken and hidden away from Cersei and just raised by Robert's whore.

I'm not sure I buy it, and given Arya's fondness for Rob a relationship with a bastard would be just her style.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lol. Gendrys mother was a whore. Who Robert knocked up.
There is a lot of speculation that the "miscarried" baby was in fact taken and hidden away from Cersei and just raised by Robert's whore.

I'm not sure I buy it, and given Arya's fondness for Rob a relationship with a bastard would be just her style.
lol

No.

I don't know where that absurd theory comes from, but it's not even close to accurate.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:03:30 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the books, the night king was killed along with his queen by the starks long before the events of the books.

In the show, they need a villain, so they resurrected him.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:03:53 PM EDT
[#31]
"Anyone else hoping to see Hodor as a White Walker? "

I like this idea.  
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:06:18 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

lol no.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:08:21 PM EDT
[#33]
I read the favorite to gain the Iron Throne is Bran..............anyone think he or she who thinks she deserves the throne will get it?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:14:47 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Hope to god they tie up all this shit and what these symbols actually mean.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yes symbology big time.

The night kings symbols has been shown many times in the series.

Last nights

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7_09_54_PM-913500.png

Dead horses after the battle of the Fist of the First Men in season 3

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7_47_59_PM-913502.png

The children of the forest around the wierwood tree in season 5 when they make the first whit walker.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7_53_39_PM-913503.png

First episode had another symbol that is also seen a bunch of times.  It is similar to the night kings amulet that he wears around his neck.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_7_37_03_PM-913504.png

Season 7 under Dragonstone Jon snow shows dragon girl these symbols carved into the rocks.
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_8_00_41_PM-913507.png

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/407062/Screen_Shot_2019_04_14_at_8_01_07_PM-913508.png
Hope to god they tie up all this shit and what these symbols actually mean.
The will with the new GOT series that is in the works.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:22:25 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

"Anyone else hoping to see Hodor as a White Walker? "

I like this idea.  
View Quote
They should leave him be. The "Hold the Door" sequence was one of the most heart-wrenching deaths in the series.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:22:35 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote
Time dilations don't bug me as much as physics issues, so I am more upset about the NK's ability to launch spears into NEO.  And don't get me started on Bronn chucking daggers at folks at 45ACP velocities while riding a horse.

At our house during GoT viewings:
...everyone watching happpily...
me "Oh FFS!"
wife "Shut up!  Don't you dare say a word!
wife pauses play "OK what?  WHAT GD IT!?!?!"
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They were on that rock island for hours or days, at a minimum overnight. It took time for the water to freeze back over thick enough for the dead army to walk across. Ravens can fly 30-60 miles a day so theoretically it could make it the 1500 miles in 30hrs of fly time so a 2 days seems pretty reasonable and the dragons fly pretty damn fast so 2 days hunkered down on that island waiting for help to arrive isn't out of the realm of possibility.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:23:24 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

LOL my wife said the same thing.
View Quote
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:23:54 PM EDT
[#39]
My only smart theory is that Sam and Gendry figure out how to make valerian steel and it includes dragon glass and dragon fire
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:25:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Good episode that progressed the story. Bran was enjoyable to watch this time. I could do with less flying and more conversations between characters.

Dead kid had his blue eyes open and staring, and I still jumped when he started shrieking.

Agree. Looks we are getting a trial of Jamie. I see him being tried, sentenced, and waiting for punishment in a cell until Tyrion let’s him out to partake in the battle.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Good episode that progressed the story. Bran was enjoyable to watch this time. I could do with less flying and more conversations between characters.

Dead kid had his blue eyes open and staring, and I still jumped when he started shrieking.

Quoted:

I expect the next episode to be more or less like this one with the final scene being right before the Battle for Winterfell.
Agree. Looks we are getting a trial of Jamie. I see him being tried, sentenced, and waiting for punishment in a cell until Tyrion let’s him out to partake in the battle.
Rewatch the scene.
They were closed originally, he opened them while they were talking...
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:27:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
The Dothraki act like, what the fuck am I doing here.
View Quote
That is what happens to someone from South Florida moves to Wisconsin.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:27:43 PM EDT
[#42]
We waited two years for that?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:29:53 PM EDT
[#43]
holy shit  
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:31:40 PM EDT
[#44]
SO what did Yara do when Theon rescues her?  She head butts him completely off his feet.

That was hilarious!
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:31:59 PM EDT
[#45]
I hope little Rickon Stark is resurrected as a wight and kills the rest of the stark kids.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:32:29 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:37:23 PM EDT
[#47]
I liked it. Interesting to go look back at the scene with Aemon Targaryen and Jon at Castle black, after Jon tried running away. I just re-watched the scene the other day. It does have similarities with what’s happening IMO. Now that I think about it I noticed then when Jon said “[Ned is my father and rob is my brother]”, Aemon turned around laughing.  idk,... seems like Aemon already knew and would make sense if he stayed in contact with the family during the War against the Mad King. Esp if you think about the whole honor/duty vs Doing what’s right argument.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:42:33 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Click To View Spoiler

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Inside S8E1 with dumb and dumber.
Click To View Spoiler
Click To View Spoiler

The true heir to the irone throne!

They did said the Night King has one true target that will be revealed.
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:42:35 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
My only smart theory is that Sam and Gendry figure out how to make valerian steel and it includes dragon glass and dragon fire
View Quote
This will probably happen, though I suppose they will pour blades like they did when Ice was made into Widow's wail (he really was a cunt) and Oathkeeper, which makes me nuts.  I also predicted this, thought I did not predict the standard hollywood crap about pouring swords (Conan) would happen.

I mean they are melting and pouring weapons out of dragonglass in the first episode this year, which also makes no sense as glass resists attempts to make it sharp when poured.

Can You Melt Obsidian and Cast a Sword?
Link Posted: 4/15/2019 9:44:27 PM EDT
[#50]
If Cerci dies, I will lose my shit.

She is the only reason to watch GOT.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top