Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 358
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 4:59:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Yes. The first war with the WW was on the order of 8,000 years ago. The Targaryans landed on Dragonstone about 400 years ago, and on mainland Westeros 300 years ago. The first war with the WW was thousands of years before the Valyrians even rose as a civilization.
View Quote
I thought so. And I've read on reddit the theories that the Night King is a more recent Targaryn, like the mad king or Reagar. Which begs the question, who would be nearby and willing to convert either of them? As far as we know only the children of the forest and white walkers can make a white walker. And since white walkers couldn't cross the wall at the time, they couldn't put someone in place to convert a dying mad king in Kings Landing. That leaves the Children of the forest. And why would they make a new white walker when they were already at war with the existing ones for thousands of years?

So, I'm thinking that the Night King is a Stark, possibly before there was even a House Stark.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:00:10 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Interesting point. We know Jon IS a Targaryen though, so it must just be a plot hole.
View Quote
Maybe it’s because Jon isn’t a pure Targaryen born of incest... heat warms up the frozen Stark.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:00:17 PM EDT
[#3]
Why does it matter if the Night King is a Stark? How would that affect the story?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:01:27 PM EDT
[#4]
Here's how the war council scene should have gone.

*Random grumbling about the King in the North*

Lyanna (standing up). Why don't you two just get married?  You're already fookin.

Dany.  Excuse me?  What do you know of this.  You're just a child?

Lyanna.  Just because I'm a girl doesn't mean I don't know what fookin is.  We're all here because someone was fookin.  Then we'll follow the King in the North and you're Dothraki and Unsullied will follow you.

Jon.  We don't have time for this, the Night King. . . .

Lyanna.  If you've got time for fookin, you've got time to get married.  There's a wierwood in the courtyard.  You can be married today.

*Tyrion shrugs in agreement and drinks more wine, Sansa does Mean Girls thing with Dany*

Davos.  She's right.  I may be from fleabottom, but I know fookin and marriage go best together.

They get married.  The end.  Problem solved.  CGI budget usage = 0.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:05:51 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
The Targs first came to Westeros long after the Wall was built.

If they touch on the origin of the Night King, he will be a Stark or other northern lord.
View Quote
This, if the COF are the true origin it has to predate the Long Night.

So we are talking 6-8,000 years prior to present day Westeros.

It's gotta be a COF and/or First Men thing.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:07:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Here's how the war council scene should have gone.  

Lyanna.  If you've got time for fookin, you've got time to get married.  There's a wierwood in the courtyard.  You can be married today.

*Tyrion shrugs in agreement and drinks more wine, Sansa does Mean Girls thing with Dany*

Davos.  She's right.  I may be from fleabottom, but I know fookin and marriage go best together.

They get married.  The end.  Problem solved.  CGI budget usage = 0.
View Quote
Nailed it.

Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:09:58 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Sam didn’t read about it in a book so presumably there’s no written history of it.

There was already an ideal scene during one of Bran’s flashbacks to kinda give some insight on who he was.

We don’t know what the Night King wants. When Bran was with the children of the forest in the tree with the three-eyes raven it would have been a great time to explain his actions but they didn’t.

I’m curious if they try to explain any of it in the show. Bran would presumably be the only who would be able to see what he wants.  Unless of course, the night king sends a raven to winterfell with a list of demands.
View Quote
bran .. the 3 eyed raven. what EXACTLY does a 3 eyed raven do that makes him so key to the whole thing? simply being able to reveal unknown and hidden secrets doesnt cut it.

the way they have presented him.. he is key to the defeat of the nights king and the zombie horde.. so how does that work?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:10:36 PM EDT
[#8]
Just how dumb are these motherfuckers that they go 6-8,000 years with little to no increase in technology, and arguably a loss?

All that inbreeding ain't just for royals I guess.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:18:23 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
Why does it matter if the Night King is a Stark? How would that affect the story?
View Quote
Unless the guy is an older Bran... like he survives all the shit in the present, he grows up being autistic, he decides to look back in time to see who the Night King was and BAM... gets captured by the CoF,

At the end of the day I really don’t care who he was.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:24:19 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
He is Aerys II Targaryen; which is why the dragon Viserion, which is named after his son, allows him to ride on his back and accepted him so naturally.

Daenerys rides Drogon who's named after her dead husband Drogo; and Jon rides atop Rhaegal who is named after Daenerys's eldest brother, Jon's true father and Aerys son, Rhaegar Targaryen.

Only Targaryens can ride dragons.

Its all in the family Aerys II Targaryan AKA The Mad King is The Night King.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Night King wants the throne of Westeros back.
Which begs the question, who is he really?
He is Aerys II Targaryen; which is why the dragon Viserion, which is named after his son, allows him to ride on his back and accepted him so naturally.

Daenerys rides Drogon who's named after her dead husband Drogo; and Jon rides atop Rhaegal who is named after Daenerys's eldest brother, Jon's true father and Aerys son, Rhaegar Targaryen.

Only Targaryens can ride dragons.

Its all in the family Aerys II Targaryan AKA The Mad King is The Night King.
The Night King is a lot older than the time from from now till when Jamie Arocked him.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:29:22 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Just how dumb are these motherfuckers that they go 6-8,000 years with little to no increase in technology, and arguably a loss?

View Quote
And how dumb are we?

How many dragons do we have?  None.

Magic necklaces that turn you into a smoking hot chick? Zero.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:34:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
And how dumb are we?

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how dumb are we?

You're making my point for me.  They've had that stuff for millennia and haven't advanced on it at all, only lost it bit by bit.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:48:14 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Rednecks gonna redneck
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The complete lack of the north’s understanding and urgency of how dire the situation is has dumbfounded me.
They’re more concerned with who’s in charge than preparing for the real threat.
Rednecks gonna redneck
Sounds like a good ole boy Militia

composed of:

General
Colonel
Major
two privates
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:51:30 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

I thought so. And I've read on reddit the theories that the Night King is a more recent Targaryn, like the mad king or Reagar. Which begs the question, who would be nearby and willing to convert either of them? As far as we know only the children of the forest and white walkers can make a white walker. And since white walkers couldn't cross the wall at the time, they couldn't put someone in place to convert a dying mad king in Kings Landing. That leaves the Children of the forest. And why would they make a new white walker when they were already at war with the existing ones for thousands of years?

So, I'm thinking that the Night King is a Stark, possibly before there was even a House Stark.
View Quote
Ya.
I am going with the stark theory as well.

We already seen one stark get risen from death...and wasn’t Jons uncle some form of undead as well?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:52:07 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote
Go to his motives and who he is willing to kill.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:55:28 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Sansa orders Jaimie’s death
Arya takes over as Jaime and returns to beg forgiveness from Cerci
When Cerci takes “Jaime” to bed, Arya cuts her throat

Arya/Cersi orders all the Southern troops and the Goldens north and they arrive just in time to save the day.
View Quote
tagged for outcome
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Ya.
I am going with the stark theory as well.

We already seen one stark get risen from death...and wasn’t Jons uncle some form of undead as well?
View Quote
Converted by the Forest children, but his mind stayed his own. And he couldn't cross the wall either.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 5:58:44 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

You're a dick! Take it back!

View Quote
Who said they like the flavor of that word????
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
You're making my point for me.  They've had that stuff for millennia and haven't advanced on it at all, only lost it bit by bit.
View Quote
Check out the huge evolution in ancient Greek helmets over 300 years

Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:08:40 PM EDT
[#20]
I'm wondering if Dario Naharis will be in it anymore.  I can't imagine the Golden Company coming to Westeros and it not being on his radar.  Surprised he didnt try to burn the ships or something to prevent them from coming.  I know hes outnumbered but guerrilla tactics could work.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:12:42 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I'm wondering if Dario Naharis will be in it anymore.  I can't imagine the Golden Company coming to Westeros and it not being on his radar.  Surprised he didnt try to burn the ships or something to prevent them from coming.  I know hes outnumbered but guerrilla tactics could work.
View Quote
I have a feeling that him and some of his men might be embedded in the Golden Company
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:14:37 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:28:15 PM EDT
[#23]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:43:57 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how dumb are we?

How's technology in Afghanistan doing without outside influence?

Westeros has been at war 24/7/365 forever. Any advancements in technology are soon lost as well as the minds that create the tech.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 6:54:17 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:18:51 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
So Arya travels over 1,500 miles to KL, does all her FM shit, and then transports a massive army 1,500 miles to Winterfell all in under 48 hours?

I hope Arya took Littlefinger’s jet pack, found a way to supercharge it, and then had 30,000 more made.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Sansa orders Jaimie’s death
Arya takes over as Jaime and returns to beg forgiveness from Cerci
When Cerci takes “Jaime” to bed, Arya cuts her throat

Arya/Cersi orders all the Southern troops and the Goldens north and they arrive just in time to save the day.
So Arya travels over 1,500 miles to KL, does all her FM shit, and then transports a massive army 1,500 miles to Winterfell all in under 48 hours?

I hope Arya took Littlefinger’s jet pack, found a way to supercharge it, and then had 30,000 more made.
What’s the problem?
They had a camp Fire last season when they captured the white to bring back to Cersei. Not a tree on the fuckin planet. 8 inch log perfectly cut as if with a chainsaw.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:20:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Any word on what Edmure Tully is up to these days? Still chilling in the dead Frey's dungeon?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:24:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Any word on what Edmure Tully is up to these days? Still chilling in the dead Frey's dungeon?
View Quote
Uhh...he's back in Riverrun?  Don't you remember the Lannisters giving him back so that he could end the siege of Riverrun and
the Black Fish telling them not to let him in?   Well...they let him in and that was the end of the Black Fish.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:31:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Uhh...he's back in Riverrun?  Don't you remember the Lannisters giving him back so that he could end the siege of Riverrun and
the Black Fish telling them not to let him in?   Well...they let him in and that was the end of the Black Fish.
View Quote
And yet, Walder Frey was bragging afterwards to Jamie Lannister that "Edmure is back in the cell where he belongs, it doesnt feel right to kill my son by law." Don't you remember?

If you're going to be sassy, at least be right.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:46:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yeah, but he was still their prisoner.  What happened to him after the Freys got whacked?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 7:50:55 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Yeah, but he was still their prisoner.  What happened to him after the Freys got whacked?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Roslin probably freed him and they took off. Maybe he's headed for Winterfell?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:01:40 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Didn't Joffrey turn Ros into a pin cushion?

or was that his wife's name too?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:22:14 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

And how dumb are we?

You're forgetting that every couple of centuries, the Night King and his army of the dead make it through and reset civilization.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:23:42 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His pincushion was Ros, Roslin Frey was a different character (the only cute Frey ).

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:25:25 PM EDT
[#35]
She is cute. Could she be a targaryn too.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:25:48 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Is he important enough to be in the most important 5 episodes?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:26:49 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

His pincushion was Ros, Roslin Frey was a different character (the only cute Frey ).

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/177643/Screenshot_2019-04-16_game_of_thrones_ros_-_Google_Search_png-914840.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/177643/Screenshot_2019-04-16_roslin_game_of_thrones_-_Google_Search_png-914841.JPG
Get both?
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:27:50 PM EDT
[#38]
I'm assuming this go around, Daenerys, Jon, and the dragons will be chasing down the Night King when he inevitably retreats from Winterfell to ensure they put an end to any more future invasions..
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:28:39 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I doubt it, but I could see him showing up just for closure since he's been MIA. If nothing else he can die fighting to make amends for some of his actions.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:31:34 PM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:32:21 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote
Yes, they need his archery skills to kill the Night King.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:33:28 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I doubt it, but I could see him showing up just for closure since he's been MIA. If nothing else he can die fighting to make amends for some of his actions.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

He could really redeem himself by showing up at Winterfell with the remaining Tully (and possibly Frey) forces.....
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:49:50 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I'm assuming this go around, Daenerys, Jon, and the dragons will be chasing down the Night King when he inevitably retreats from Winterfell to ensure they put an end to any more future invasions..
View Quote
I can't see that. You've got a guy, NK, who has done nothing but badass wolf-stare and kill shit all series. To see him turn tail and retreat would be out of character. Then again, I suppose we really don't know anything about him.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:51:41 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/177643/Screenshot_2019-04-16_game_of_thrones_ros_-_Google_Search_png-914840.JPG

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/177643/Screenshot_2019-04-16_roslin_game_of_thrones_-_Google_Search_png-914841.JPG
It’s interesting to think about where the show would be if Robb wasn’t a dumbass and ended up marrying her.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:52:20 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 8:55:00 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
I can't see that. You've got a guy, NK, who has done nothing but badass wolf-stare and kill shit all series. To see him turn tail and retreat would be out of character. Then again, I suppose we really don't know anything about him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
He threw javelin on his high school track team.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:00:55 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
A safe bet.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:07:17 PM EDT
[#48]
This thread must be tho most active on ARF besides the 24/365 nonsense. I can't keep up!

I figured out how to know who gets the throne in the end. Eat GOT Oreos at random. The last cookie left in the pack is the sigil of the winner.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:09:18 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
This thread must be tho most active on ARF besides the 24/365 nonsense. I can't keep up!

I figured out how to know who gets the throne in the end. Eat GOT Oreos at random. The last cookie left in the pack is the sigil of the winner.
View Quote
In my house, it will be the Night King. My kids won't eat the cookies he's on.
Link Posted: 4/16/2019 9:23:00 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
He still brags about. Hey, I bet you guys I can throw this javelin over that mountain.
Page / 358
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top