Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 7
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 5:22:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Meh, no care. I have YouTube Premium for music, carries over to videos being ad free.

Yeah yeah, I know, I'm supporting Google. Everything seems to eventually trace back to a company that hates you, so IDGAF anymore. Say what you want while posting on a website that uses AWS.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 5:34:56 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Meh, no care. I have YouTube Premium for music, carries over to videos being ad free.

Yeah yeah, I know, I'm supporting Google. Everything seems to eventually trace back to a company that hates you, so IDGAF anymore. Say what you want while posting on a website that uses AWS.
View Quote

I had plans to upgrade a few memberships and get a YT Premium account this year.  But with the economy, I've put it on hold.  I'll be looking at things again in about 6 months, and see how things are at that point.

But yeah, it's almost impossible to spend all your money in a way that keeps it away from someone/ some corp that is working to change the US for the worse.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 8:08:03 PM EDT
[#3]
Who would have guess we had a employee of google/youtube on this site that spends his time policing threads and defending them....lol
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 8:54:02 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Pay the 20 bucks a month and never see another ad again?
View Quote

Oh you naïve little , er, person...  If only that worked the way you said.
Link Posted: 10/16/2023 9:04:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Whatever you need to believe to sleep at night, I suppose.

edit to add:

In the TOS you agree to when you use the service, listed in Permissions and Restrictions in paragraph two, it specifically states
(you are not allowed to) "circumvent, disable, fraudulently engage with, or otherwise interfere with any part of the Service (or attempt to do any of these things), including security-related features or features that (a) prevent or restrict the copying or other use of Content or (b) limit the use of the Service or Content;"

Also for the "I didn't sign no TOS" folks, I point out (in the same section) their comment "You may access and use the Service as made available to you, as long as you comply with this Agreement and applicable law".

If you use YouTube you tacitly agree to their TOS, if you do not follow their TOS you are breaking an agreement.

I guess your word means less to you than mine does to me.

To the guy trying to compare theft of service to speeding:  bless your heart.
View Quote

Thank God you're defending a massive corporation that couldn't give a fuck if they cut your throat in the streets for a penny. Brave, stunning, etc.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 9:50:52 PM EDT
[#6]
I'm with Rossmann on this one.  
YouTube blocks adblockers; will this be their downfall?
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:40:54 PM EDT
[#7]
anyone else get a 3 strike rule?
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:44:25 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
anyone else get a 3 strike rule?
View Quote

Like this?

Attachment Attached File

Locked out

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 10:46:05 PM EDT
[#9]
Using brave I got the 3 whatever screen and just reopened youtube in a private window. No more issues. Try just signing out and clearing your cache.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:24:17 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Using brave I got the 3 whatever screen and just reopened youtube in a private window. No more issues. Try just signing out and clearing your cache.
View Quote

seemed to work for now thanks.
Link Posted: 10/17/2023 11:26:06 PM EDT
[#12]
Now this is strange.
I used to get that pop-up, then the pop-up with the countdown, but I haven't gotten the pop-up in the last two days - I wonder if that's because I subscribe to YouTubeTV - inquiring minds want to know???
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:52:02 AM EDT
[#13]
Brave failed to stop it.
Added ublock, it worked for a couple days then it failed.
Added the code some posted in this thread and that did not do anything.
Went to clear all the cache/cookies/data/etc from brave then went to log back in and google is being stupid about letting me log back in.

Logged out, I seem to have no issues (so far). I still have no issues on my work computer where I am not logged into any google account (and never will be) and have no issues (as of yet).

I tried a trick I read online where you can be logged in, then right click the video and "open in new incognito window) and the video plays fine. You are just not logged in, so you can not comment or like videos (which I do not do anyways) because in that window you are not "logged in".
So I can still go to my subscriptions and see when new videos are posted and view them in a new window (as of now).

So it seems like as other have mentioned, this seems to be mainly happening to signed in accounts.
I'm sure they will start doing it to non signed in accounts soon.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:47:26 AM EDT
[#14]
We have a new one this morning. The popup now has a timer where the X is so you can't immediately click the X, you have to wait a few seconds while the little timer goes around, then the X comes up to click on.. Firefox with Ublock Origin.

I didn't get the popup on my Android Brave all day yesterday or this morning so far. I had got it a few times before that.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 2:40:13 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Brave failed to stop it.
Went to clear all the cache/cookies/data/etc from brave then went to log back in and google is being stupid about letting me log back in.

Logged out, I seem to have no issues (so far). I still have no issues on my work computer where I am not logged into any google account (and never will be) and have no issues (as of yet).

I tried a trick I read online where you can be logged in, then right click the video and "open in new incognito window) and the video plays fine. You are just not logged in, so you can not comment or like videos (which I do not do anyways) because in that window you are not "logged in".
So I can still go to my subscriptions and see when new videos are posted and view them in a new window (as of now).

So it seems like as other have mentioned, this seems to be mainly happening to signed in accounts.
View Quote

For now I have been cutting from where I'm logged in on my Firefox window and pasting the link in Brave where I am not logged in. A bit more work, but not too bad and no issues other than no commenting. I'll have to see where things go with it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:08:36 PM EDT
[#16]
Use tampermonkey or violent monkey - they handle scripts - and than go here and find the latest script that blocks the anti-adblock: https://greasyfork.org/en/scripts/by-site/youtube.com

I get nothing but the in-video ads that the videomaker puts in and I don't even have to have a login account to see videos that require login to see (the 18+ age stuff).
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:27:05 PM EDT
[#17]
Firefox + ublock origin + sponsor block and its working fine.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:28:33 PM EDT
[#18]
The poors are really up in arms over this
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 3:43:24 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
The poors are really up in arms over this
View Quote

As a dirty poor, I have some time, so I have librewolf (you will have to re-enable drm'ed video playback, it should popup and ask when you try) + https://ublockorigin.com/ + a working umatrix fork + tampermonkey and a nice extensive hosts file blocklist ... and YT is a nice tame little puppy who almost never even looks at me funny.

Since this nonsense war with adblockers recently kicked into high gear at YT I've had to ... purge my UBO lists twice and update my filter list. Because it tried to play a preroll ad on me twice.  The site doesn't even get to *run* it's anti-adblocker scripts. I don't let it.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 4:05:26 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DMaFH4KzOVg
View Quote

Youtube shot itself in the foot with the monetiziation tricks in reccomends.

Saw a comment from a YT user in russia talking about how, when YT turned off ALL monetization in russia, the reccomends became absolutely fantastic, exactly what they should be.

This is in context with the google antistrust lawsuit stuff where we learned that google changes your search results to whatever synonym they can divine out of the chicken entrails based on ... wait for it ... how much money any given reccomend google gets for those results.

We're getting this recent spate of anti-adblock stuff because the adblockers take a huge bite out of their revenues, they want to be able to game the crap out of everyone equally.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 4:31:39 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Saw a comment from a YT user in russia talking about how, when YT turned off ALL monetization in russia, the reccomends became absolutely fantastic, exactly what they should be.

This is in context with the google antistrust lawsuit stuff where we learned that google changes your search results to whatever synonym they can divine out of the chicken entrails based on ... wait for it ... how much money any given reccomend google gets for those results.

We're getting this recent spate of anti-adblock stuff because the adblockers take a huge bite out of their revenues, they want to be able to game the crap out of everyone equally.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

"Recommends"?  What is that?
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 4:34:12 PM EDT
[#22]
Ad blockers no longer work because YT detects them.

I just installed the Brave browser. Once installed click on the brave shield in the upper bar, click turn off shields. YT detects no ad blocker yet ads will not pop up.

Done. It's that simple. Been testing it for the last 2 hours and it works.

Looks like Brave is now my YT browser.

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 4:37:06 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The videos the site reccomends to you based off of the video you've clicked on. Shown on the sidebar in a computer browser.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 5:18:49 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I got the no blocker crap a couple of days ago but today no Ads!!
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 5:21:39 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

Whatever you need to believe to sleep at night, I suppose.

edit to add:

In the TOS you agree to when you use the service, listed in Permissions and Restrictions in paragraph two, it specifically states
(you are not allowed to) "circumvent, disable, fraudulently engage with, or otherwise interfere with any part of the Service (or attempt to do any of these things), including security-related features or features that (a) prevent or restrict the copying or other use of Content or (b) limit the use of the Service or Content;"

Also for the "I didn't sign no TOS" folks, I point out (in the same section) their comment "You may access and use the Service as made available to you, as long as you comply with this Agreement and applicable law".

If you use YouTube you tacitly agree to their TOS, if you do not follow their TOS you are breaking an agreement.

I guess your word means less to you than mine does to me.

To the guy trying to compare theft of service to speeding:  bless your heart.
View Quote

Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:01:24 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Firefox + ublock origin + sponsor block and its working fine.
View Quote

Tried that and it still blocks me.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:21:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Ad blockers no longer work because YT detects them.

I just installed the Brave browser. Once installed click on the brave shield in the upper bar, click turn off shields. YT detects no ad blocker yet ads will not pop up.

Done. It's that simple. Been testing it for the last 2 hours and it works.

Looks like Brave is now my YT browser.

View Quote

Tried that and as soon as the shields is turned off, ads start playing.
So far clearing the cache, cookies and history/data, then logging back in seems to work for a while.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:41:29 PM EDT
[#28]
Download Duam Pot Player .
Install
Right click the YT video link you want to watch and select "Copy Link"
Open Pot Player, hit keyboard combo "Ctrl+U" and select "Autopaste URLs from Clipboard" then hit "Enter"

Enjoy your video and say goodbye to ads, cookie and history tracking forever. Been doing it this way for years now.

Other notable media players you can do this with:
MPC-HC
MPC-BE
MPV
VLC
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:57:18 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That makes alotta sense, the last several months my recommends are lame and monotonous, and refresh doesn't change a thing.

And fuck Google they'll not get a dime form me... these cunts track us, they cataloge us and they create a narrative for their benefit that they feed us... the intelligence agencies pay them for this shit, other corporations pay them for this shit, they'll never get a squirt a piss outta me... + Google itself has an insane agenda where they want to "change society" to their tastes rather than simply running a profitable business, they openly talk about this shit at their rallies.

Hopefully over time the content creators can migrate in a major way from this government curated, dystopian nonesense.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 7:59:05 PM EDT
[#30]
I have one until it stops.

Fuck Youtube.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:18:25 PM EDT
[#31]
One of my Adblockers just updated and have not received that message since the update.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:20:35 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
One of my Adblockers just updated and have not received that message since the update.
View Quote

What's the name of it?
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:23:32 PM EDT
[#33]
Youtube shorts aren't blocked "yet"
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:25:24 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

What's the name of it?
View Quote

I believe it was just regular Adblock. I also have ADgaurd, Ghostery, and Ublock Origin.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:44:11 PM EDT
[#35]
This plan will age badly for youtube.

Someone will fill the void.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 8:52:11 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Brave failed to stop it.

View Quote

The "right click" Open link in a new private window" works great so far. Thanks
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Got the countdown clock on Brave.

On Chrome, I logged in to youtube in incognito mode (with uBlock Orgin, and "Adblock for Youtube") and no pop ups so far.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 9:32:36 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Youtube shorts aren't blocked "yet"
View Quote

That's funny, because I have an AdBlock rule to completely nuke the shorts recommendations from all pages.
Link Posted: 10/18/2023 10:02:09 PM EDT
[#39]
In for solutions. Brave has been working poorly for me over the last two days.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:21:43 PM EDT
[#40]
My YouTube machine for the last couple years had been my last remaining windows 7 machine, but the Adblocker message started coming up but I never got the countdown either regular or in place of the x to close. Today I switched out for a windows 10 machine that hasn't been on in like 3 months. It immediately called for an update for brave and after it installed and restarted played 10 videos in a row with no pop up or adds.

we'll see if it holds up.
Link Posted: 10/19/2023 10:34:13 PM EDT
[#41]
Lots of effort going into stealing a service. Says a lot about GD's moral character and ethics.  It is simple, follow the TOS or go elsewhere.  Maybe start your own streaming service.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 9:48:42 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Lots of effort going into stealing a service. Says a lot about GD's moral character and ethics.  It is simple, follow the TOS or go elsewhere.  Maybe start your own streaming service.
View Quote
lol
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:11:14 AM EDT
[#44]
What is amusing to me is that this is youtube, searching behind the couch cushions for change.

How bad is google doing?
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:14:13 AM EDT
[#45]
Just sign out and clear cache

YT is on screwing with known viewers that sign in with an account.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 10:32:08 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
View Quote

It’s a long way down from that high horse. Keep licking those boots, you’re winning!!
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:25:10 PM EDT
[#47]
I blocked all cookies.
All good, tried a few free movies with ads, no ads popped.
Site works and isn't brokem
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:40:07 PM EDT
[#48]
Today was weird one.

Last week i had no problems watching anything, the start of this week like many I got the pop up warnings and then the one with the timer. Today I was able to watch several videos with no pop ups then on my last one I got the timer one again.

I haven't adjusted my ublock settings or browser (chrome) as it seemed YT was changing stuff as fast as ublock was implementing them.
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:43:06 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Today was weird one.

Last week i had no problems watching anything, the start of this week like many I got the pop up warnings and then the one with the timer. Today I was able to watch several videos with no pop ups then on my last one I got the timer one again.

I haven't adjusted my ublock settings or browser (chrome) as it seemed YT was changing stuff as fast as ublock was implementing them.
View Quote

Follow the instructions here.  It's been a battle the last few days but it seems Ublock is staying ahead of the YouTube.

https://www.reddit.com/r/uBlockOrigin/comments/178yasm/youtube_antiadblock_and_ads_october_16_2023/
Link Posted: 10/20/2023 7:47:02 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I blocked all cookies.
All good, tried a few free movies with ads, no ads popped.
Site works and isn't brokem
View Quote

Give it time, the cookie thing doesn't work, they feed you another couple of dozen videos then the hammer comes down.
Page / 7
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top