Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Posted: 7/2/2024 2:17:09 PM EDT
I don't know shit about golf, but Trump seemed to not accept that at all.

I'm not inclined to believe Biden just because he's a lying cocksucker.

What's the truth of this?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:17:51 PM EDT
[#1]
He’s got a handicap alright…
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:19:22 PM EDT
[#2]
If pee was stored in the balls and old men can’t piss, that would explain the old man ball drop syndrome!!

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:20:00 PM EDT
[#3]
Funny you ask, I just asked a bunch pro/semi-pro golfers the same.

They said no.  They also said no way in the world Trump was really a 2.5 handicap.

Consensus on Biden was maybe a 9-10 in his peak.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:24:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

They said no.  They also said no way in the world Trump was really a 2.5 handicap.

View Quote

Can you explain the handicap and tell usl what it is and exactly how it affects the score?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:25:50 PM EDT
[#5]
All I know about golf is if you need help with your swing, this video is helpful. https://x.com/TikTokBaddies/status/1807034173892218890

I can’t make the Tweeter link work.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:26:33 PM EDT
[#6]
A 6 handicap means that an average round of golf would be 6 over par or in most cases a 78. There is no way possible that guy can shoot a 78.

In other words a 6 handicap would average 78 again no way maybe a 26 handicap but not a 6

ETA: Trump is also not a 2.5 or whatever he claims
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:28:29 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
A 6 handicap means that an average round of golf would be 6 over par or in most cases a 78. There is no way possible that guy can shoot a 78.

In other words a 6 handicap would average 78 again no way maybe a 26 handicap but not a 6
View Quote

It all depends on who keeps score.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:28:35 PM EDT
[#8]
Biden lies openly and blatantly.  If he said he had a six handicap, it's far more likely that it was 36, or 46.

Trump lies too.   In fact every golfer I've ever known lies about his performance.   If Trump said he had a 2 or 3 handicap, I'd expect it to be around 6 or 7, because Trump's lies are more like exaggerations.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:29:33 PM EDT
[#9]
It would mean he was capable of shooting about 80 in any given round.  He may have been around a 10 handicap at some point in his life but there is absolutely no way he could carry a 6 handicap on a mini golf course now.  I would also assume he arrived at this number without ever playing a single hole within the rules of golf.  He is probably about as accomplished with the foot wedge as he is with fucking over the American people.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:31:22 PM EDT
[#10]
Biden couldn't even walk to the first tee in his current shape let alone swing a golf club.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:31:38 PM EDT
[#11]
There's only one way to solve this, send both of them to a golf course, whoever doesn't meet/beat their handicap has to drop out of the election.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:34:07 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Biden lies openly and blatantly.  If he said he had a six handicap, it's far more likely that it was 36, or 46.

Trump lies too.   In fact every golfer I've ever known lies about his performance.   If Trump said he had a 2 or 3 handicap, I'd expect it to be around 6 or 7, because Trump's lies are more like exaggerations.
View Quote

Watch Trump swing a club.

There's no fucking way he's a single-digit handicap.

And Biden? hell, no.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:38:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

And Biden? hell, no.
View Quote

I have seen his swing.  Have you seen where the ball goes after he hits it with that horrific looking swing?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:40:43 PM EDT
[#14]
I would like to see biden swing a club without falling over. Better would be him hitting a ball. I'd bet he can't get it 25 yards, more like 10.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:42:42 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Just like who counts the votes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:42:50 PM EDT
[#16]
Jack Nicklaus is 84 and says he’s about a 6 handicap these days

If he went head to head with Biden tomorrow for 18, where would you put your money?

Biden could have been a 6 at some point in his life, but today?  More like 26

The look of the swing doesn’t always tell the tale, Arnie, Chi Chi, Lee, Ray Floyd, Bubba, lots and lots of examples of swings that at first look don’t seem playable.

Heck if you saw Matthew Wolf swing you’d think he had Tourette’s and not a pga pro.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:42:55 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

And Biden? hell, no.
View Quote

Yeah, I kept hearing what a great golfer he was until I saw him swing a club.

From my vast experience with golf as a golf orphan, with Dad buying one of the first VHS machines to record matches so he could analyze the swings, then drone on ad nauseam about who had the best 'conservation of angular momentum', Trump's swing is shit.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:43:12 PM EDT
[#18]
Dude couldn’t shoot 100 on the first 4 holes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:43:19 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
It would mean he was capable of shooting about 80 in any given round.  He may have been around a 10 handicap at some point in his life but there is absolutely no way he could carry a 6 handicap on a mini golf course now.  I would also assume he arrived at this number without ever playing a single hole within the rules of golf.  He is probably about as accomplished with the foot wedge as he is with fucking over the American people.
View Quote

I was about to say if Biden ever broke 80 there is a damn good chance there were several penalties overlooked and a good bit of cheating going on. There isn't an honest bone in that mans body and that becomes readily apparent on the golf course.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:43:45 PM EDT
[#20]
Tiger Woods was estimated to be a +9.4 at his peak....so Biden would be only 16 shots behind, or about 1 more shot per hole for an 18 hole rd. of golf.  

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Trump could be a 5 or 6 currently, maybe even a little lower, if he can chip and putt.
He's got a pretty powerful move through the ball for a guy his age, and he plays a ton of golf.
I play with a lot of <5 handicaps and many have uglier swings than DJT.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:45:30 PM EDT
[#22]
Brandon has a handicap. Oatmeal brain.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:46:46 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

From my vast experience with golf as a golf orphan, with Dad buying one of the first VHS machines to record matches so he could analyze the swings, then drone on ad nauseam about who had the best 'conservation of angular momentum', Trump's swing is shit.
View Quote

Wasn't Jim Furyk swing technically shit? Pretty sure he won a bunch a tournaments and a major or two.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:47:23 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

And Biden? hell, no.
View Quote

I can tell you don't have a clue about golf swings
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:51:18 PM EDT
[#25]
Trump just shook his head and said - "I've seen your swing."  (probably 30 years ago and it was still bad)

Biden lost his temper and challenged Trump to carry his own bag muttering something about his weight and height.

Mean and senile that Biden.

Trump trounced Biden in that debate but in a gentle way as if he were talking to a child.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:51:50 PM EDT
[#26]
It's all so gay.  Why was this even talked about?

We literally have two different buffoons to chose.

And yes, I will vote for Trump.  Not happily, but for the potential judges.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:53:45 PM EDT
[#27]
I think he meant that he’s more handicapped than six handicapped people; makes more sense.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:55:44 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

Foot wedge is my best club.  My handicap is I can't play golf very well.  And I don't care.  Most times I don't even keep score.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:58:11 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Wasn't Jim Furyk swing technically shit? Pretty sure he won a bunch a tournaments and a major or two.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Not really. Furyk had a big loop transitioning from the backswing which looked kind of funny but everyone has a loop at that point in their swing, his was just exaggerated. The rest of his swing was solid.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 2:59:00 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

Just like who counts the votes.
View Quote

"Biden, don't you play a Slazinger 1?"

-007 maybe
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:01:13 PM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:03:33 PM EDT
[#32]
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:11:16 PM EDT
[#33]
I know nothing about golf, but if you watch this starting at 76 seconds, you get to see Biden's golf skills in action.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KoVD_H4ggx0&t=76s
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:12:02 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
All I know about golf is if you need help with your swing, this video is helpful. https://x.com/TikTokBaddies/status/1807034173892218890

I can’t make the Tweeter link work.
View Quote

Mmmmmm. That was graceful....
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:14:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

That’s not what it means. It’s a pretty complicated formula that assigns a number (handicap index) so people of different abilities can compete on a level playing field.

Edit: That being said there is no way he’s even close to a 6 and Trump is just as big of a lier if he says he’s a 2.5
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:14:32 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Not a golfer, but if you watch this starting at 76 seconds, you get to see Biden's golf skills in action.

View Quote

I don't know who the other players are, but I want to believe it's SS guys shit-talkin' Biden.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:25:53 PM EDT
[#37]
I'd believe soils six Depends per day.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:26:26 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Biden couldn't even walk to the first tee in his current shape let alone swing a golf club.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:28:36 PM EDT
[#39]
Golf Handicap Explained (A Beginner’s Guide)

We know… there’s a lot to learn about golf. From the different types of clubs to the extensive terminology, you could spend hours researching the great game of golf and only scratch the surface. A term you’ve probably come across or been asked about at the clubhouse is golf handicap. Your golf handicap can be important to know if you’re going to join competitions or tournaments, and it’s a lot more simple than you think to calculate it. In this post, we’ll dive into what a golf handicap is, the benefits of knowing yours, as well as how to calculate and improve your handicap.
What is a Golf Handicap?

A golf handicap or handicap index is a numerical score that measures a golfer's playing ability. In the United States, the United States Golf Association (USGA) oversees the calculation and evaluation of golf handicaps. Handicaps help level the playing field and allow players of different skill levels to compete fairly against one another. The handicap system enables golfers of all abilities to play together and have a good time.

A golf handicap represents the number of strokes a player is expected to take above or below the course's par score. The higher the handicap, the more strokes a player is allowed to subtract from their actual score to determine their net score. A lower handicap indicates a more skilled golfer who is expected to have a lower net score.
Do You Need to Know Your Golf Handicap?

Do you need to have a golf handicap to play a round of golf? Definitely not. In fact, when you first start playing, you won’t have a handicap at all. If you’re a casual player and you don’t really care about keeping score, you don’t necessarily need to worry about your handicap.

However, calculating your handicap is fairly straightforward, and it’s handy to know if you ever play with a group of mixed-level players because it levels out the scoring at the end of the round. Additionally, your handicap is a great way to mark your progress as a golfer. You can enjoy watching that number go down as you improve as a golfer.
What is a Good Golf Handicap for Beginners?

A “good” handicap is fairly relative for beginner golfers. Before we can answer that, however, you need to understand the categories of golf handicaps: low, medium, and high.

Low handicap: 0–10
   Mid-Handicap: 11–18
   High handicap: 19+

A good handicap for a beginner would be anything under 20, but that’s certainly not the norm. It's not uncommon for beginners to have handicap indexes in the range of 20 to 36 or higher. However, your handicap can vary greatly depending on your progress, dedication, and how much time you invest in learning and playing the game.
What is the Maximum Golf Handicap?

A recent change in the USGA handicap index system makes this question a bit difficult to answer. Before 2020, the maximum handicap index was 36.4 for men and 40.4 for women. However, the rules changed to establish 54.0 as the maximum handicap for all players, regardless of gender. These rules were updated to make golf more inclusive and accessible to players of all levels while also incentivizing players to calculate their handicap index.
How to Calculate Your Handicap Index

The formula for calculating a golf handicap can differ depending on the specific golf association's rules, but the general idea is similar across different systems. Here's a simplified version of the process based on the USGA  Handicap System:

Calculate the Handicap Differential for each round: Subtract the Course Rating from your score, multiply the result by 113 (standard slope rating), and then divide by the Slope Rating of the course.
       Formula: (Score - Course Rating) x 113 / Slope Rating = Handicap Differential
   Choose the lowest Handicap Differential: If you have more than 20 scores, you would take the lowest 10 handicap differentials. If you have fewer than 20 but at least 5, the number you use decreases (for example, if you have only 5 scores, you'd only use the lowest one).
   Calculate the average of these lowest Handicap Differentials: Add all your lowest Handicap Differentials and divide by the number of Differentials. If you are using the lowest 10 Handicap Differentials, you would add them together and divide by 10.
       Formula: Sum of Handicap Differentials / Number of Handicap Differentials
   Multiply the average by 0.96 (or 96%): This is called the "bonus for excellence" factor and it's used to reward exceptional play. The result is your Handicap Index.
       Formula: Average of lowest Handicap Differentials x 0.96 = Handicap Index

This method is based on the USGA Handicap System and provides a basic idea of how handicaps are calculated. It's important to note that real-world calculation can be more complex, as it may include considerations for abnormal course conditions, maximum hole scores for handicap purposes, and adjustments for consistently exceptional tournament play. Always check with your local golf association or club for the specific rules and formulas they use to calculate handicaps.

If you’re interested in keeping track of your handicap to monitor your performance, check out these fantastic golf apps that help you calculate and track your golf handicap.
How to Factor in Your Handicap When Scoring

Once you’ve got an official golf handicap, you can factor that in when scoring rounds of golf. First, you’ll need to calculate your course handicap. The course handicap represents the number of strokes a player receives or gives back based on the difficulty of the course they are playing. Your handicap is used in conjunction with the course rating and slope rating of the golf course you’ll be playing.

The formula for course handicap looks something like this: handicap Index X (slope rating/113). The number 113 represents the standard slope rating for a golf course of average difficulty.

Sometimes, golfers may also use the course rating when calculating their course handicap. This is a measure of the difficulty of a golf course for a scratch golfer (a player with a handicap index of 0.0). The course rating is usually provided by the golf course or can be found on the course's scorecard.

During a round of golf, each player's net score is calculated by subtracting their course handicap from their gross score (actual number of strokes taken). The net score determines the winner of the round.

More
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:29:34 PM EDT
[#40]
I would pay good money just to watch FJB attempt to drag his bag (and I'm not talking about Jill) around 18 holes.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:32:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View Quote

The best part was when they were about to challenge each other to a grudge match...and then just as suddenly the wind went out of both their sails simultaneously...

They didn't want that fiasco televised...it would have been epic though...
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:32:11 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

I don't know who the other players are, but I want to believe it's SS guys shit-talkin' Biden.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not a golfer, but if you watch this starting at 76 seconds, you get to see Biden's golf skills in action.

Some book I read about Clinton written by a former SS agent had some insight about his golf game. He would shank a ball into the woods and it would always magically roll back out in the fairway. Imagine the luck of that guy, he had enough staff to line the fairways with people to help him cheat. I imagine Biden has the same sort of luck.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:36:41 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't know if some of you keep ragging on the man, but when he was a kid he  FJB was a caddy for the  Dalai Lama himself.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:39:21 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

The best part was when they were about to challenge each other to a grudge match...and then just as suddenly the wind went out of both their sails simultaneously...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I just wish the dear leader Kim Jong-Il was still in he’s earthy form and could mop the floor with both of those dog faced pony soldiers.

All hail the greatest golfer of all time.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:41:41 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

That’s not what it means. It’s a pretty complicated formula that assigns a number (handicap index) so people of different abilities can compete on a level playing field.

Edit: That being said there is no way he’s even close to a 6 and Trump is just as big of a lier if he says he’s a 2.5
View Quote

This.

I am a 8 handicap and don't shoot 8 over par.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:45:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:47:30 PM EDT
[#47]
Based on TV footage from his pre-POTUS days, Trump is most likely around a 9 handicap, which is still pretty respectable for an older dude.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:49:23 PM EDT
[#48]
Saw an interview with some golfer who had professional golfer friends.  At any rate - they said Biden was a 6.7 at one point a long time ago. If you go to U.S. Golf Association’s online handicap website, the handicap listed for Biden at Fieldstone Golf Club in Delaware is 6.7.  I am sure now he probably couldn't hit much past 50 yrds.  

Trump is just embellishing as always.  Bigley.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:50:47 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I would pay good money just to watch FJB attempt to drag his bag (and I'm not talking about Jill) around 18 holes.
View Quote

Absolutely.
A PPV event of Trump and Biden playing 18 holes on a true golf course would rake in so much cash.

I'd 100% pay to see that.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 3:52:19 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Not really. Furyk had a big loop transitioning from the backswing which looked kind of funny but everyone has a loop at that point in their swing, his was just exaggerated. The rest of his swing was solid.
View Quote

Honest question.  Doe it really matter what it looks like, if he can repeat it and strike the ball well?

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top