Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:26:59 PM EDT
[#1]
I usually shoot in the mid 70s.

If it any hotter than that I stay indoors.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:31:21 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

That’s called a vanitycap, it’s pretty rare for someone to cheat themselves out of a chance to win in favor of bragging rights but it happens. I saw it quite a bit in Vegas, almost exclusively self important douchbags that would rarely if ever put their money where their mouth is.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw an interview with some golfer who had professional golfer friends.  At any rate - they said Biden was a 6.7 at one point a long time ago. If you go to U.S. Golf Association’s online handicap website, the handicap listed for Biden at Fieldstone Golf Club in Delaware is 6.7.  I am sure now he probably couldn't hit much past 50 yrds.  

Trump is just embellishing as always.  Bigley.

That’s called a vanitycap, it’s pretty rare for someone to cheat themselves out of a chance to win in favor of bragging rights but it happens. I saw it quite a bit in Vegas, almost exclusively self important douchbags that would rarely if ever put their money where their mouth is.

Is that how you made your fortunes? Golf in Vegas?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:33:19 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It's well known in international golf that US amateur handicaps need to be taken with a grain of salt.

You can submit cards from social rounds with your mates. So lots of potential for bullshit. Lots of "gimmies"

In Australia, only competition rounds count towards a handicap. Full adherence to the rules is required. Can't find your ball? Back to the tee you go and play another.

Many golfers have gone and played US college golf and been shocked how many players were playing off 4 and couldn't come close to breaking 80 in proper competition.
View Quote

It’s well known by anyone who’s ever been around a golf course in America.
Lots of people have an “off” day every time they play with honest golfers.
That offer to play another round for the same terms on another day is rarely accepted.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:38:04 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It's well known in international golf that US amateur handicaps need to be taken with a grain of salt.

You can submit cards from social rounds with your mates. So lots of potential for bullshit. Lots of "gimmies"

In Australia, only competition rounds count towards a handicap. Full adherence to the rules is required. Can't find your ball? Back to the tee you go and play another.

Many golfers have gone and played US college golf and been shocked how many players were playing off 4 and couldn't come close to breaking 80 in proper competition.
View Quote

The former penal colonies all have high standards.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:38:15 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Saw an interview with some golfer who had professional golfer friends.  At any rate - they said Biden was a 6.7 at one point a long time ago. If you go to U.S. Golf Association’s online handicap website, the handicap listed for Biden at Fieldstone Golf Club in Delaware is 6.7.  I am sure now he probably couldn't hit much past 50 yrds.  

Trump is just embellishing as always.  Bigley.

No, there are surprisingly few big money games in Vegas. I had a friend from Atlanta that was use to playing big and he was shocked how few of the rich guys out there would play for real money. Professional poker players are about the only big fish but they are generally savvy gamblers so you’re not going to have an edge for long.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#6]
In my prime, I hovered right around a five handicap.

Of course, I played 1&2 rounds a day during that time.  It also helped that I played the same course so my scores reflected my familiarity of the course.

After taking a break, I shot up to an eight handicap when I was playing about 3-4 times a week.

When I played once a week I went up to a 14 handicap.

I play only a few times a year now so I pretty much suck.  The technique and consistency really goes away fast.

Both of those guys are full of shit, or they hit from the ladies tees and don't take any penalties.

By the way, anyone can enter whatever scores they want when they get to the clubhouse--unless they are in a formal club tournament.  I don't believe even in his prime Biden was a six handicap.  Politicians just don't play enough.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:50:14 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

JFC, I did mention earlier, Kerry Packer (Australian, well he was one) at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am.   Briefly, Mr. Packer submitted a handcap from the golf club in Australia which he owned.  He claimed to be an 18 handicap.  Partnered with Greg Norman, they shot 42 under par for four rounds, a figure which used to be the record at the tournament for a bunch of years.  

No 18 handicap is shooting -42 under for four rounds.  That would be what we call, "sandbagging."
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:53:49 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

JFC, I did mention earlier, Kerry Packer (Australian, well he was one) at the Pebble Beach Pro-Am.   Briefly, Mr. Packer submitted a handcap from the golf club in Australia which he owned.  He claimed to be an 18 handicap.  Partnered with Greg Norman, they shot 42 under par for four rounds, a figure which used to be the record at the tournament for a bunch of years.  

No 18 handicap is shooting -42 under for four rounds.  That would be what we call, "sandbagging."
View Quote

I hated fuckers that did that in tournaments...
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 6:57:55 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

That offer to play another round for the same terms on another day is rarely accepted.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I play by the book. Why would someone submit a lower score to USGA handicap system?  It only means the get their ass micked by a true handicap.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:00:56 PM EDT
[#10]
Story on Trump

https://www.golfdigest.com/story/how-good-is-donald-trump-the-golfer

But I certainly didn't get the feeling that Trump shoots in the 70s only because he doesn't putt the short ones. His ball-striking, from medium-length tees, made him a legitimate 4-handicap at the time. Today he's officially a 2.8 in the United States Golf Association's GHIN system (see chart below), though he has posted only scores going back to 2009.
As a golfer, the 45th president is the real deal.
View Quote

WHAT YOU CAN LEARN FROM TRUMP'S SCORES

Seven of Trump's 10 "counting" scores have occurred in tournament play. That's a high tournament-to-casual-rounds ratio and indicates a gutsy player and good member-guest invitee. It means something else: There were lots of witnesses to his performance.
View Quote
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:02:08 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View Quote

You only submit scores that are legit, by the book.  Only foreigners count gimme balls.  The worst cheaters are Aussie, probably because Australia is just a dirty old prison island.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:04:41 PM EDT
[#12]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Story on Trump

But I certainly didn't get the feeling that Trump shoots in the 70s only because he doesn't putt the short ones. His ball-striking, from medium-length tees, made him a legitimate 4-handicap at the time. Today he's officially a 2.8 in the United States Golf Association's GHIN system (see chart below), though he has posted only scores going back to 2009.

If he doesn’t putt the short ones add 5. Not including penalties. Pros miss 4 footers.

But this is about Biden. Lying cheat scumbag communist who can’t walk, can’t ride a bicycle, let alone swing a club, can’t even talk.

Scumbag lying fuck.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:06:03 PM EDT
[#13]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Story on Trump

Seven of Trump's 10 "counting" scores have occurred in tournament play. That's a high tournament-to-casual-rounds ratio and indicates a gutsy player and good member-guest invitee. It means something else: There were lots of witnesses to his performance.

I’ve played with guys in their 60s+. Off tee an arrow. 2nd shot close. Up and down par.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:06:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
A 6 handicap means that an average round of golf would be 6 over par or in most cases a 78. There is no way possible that guy can shoot a 78.

In other words a 6 handicap would average 78 again no way maybe a 26 handicap but not a 6

ETA: Trump is also not a 2.5 or whatever he claims
View Quote

So if par for 18 holes of golf is 72 and someone has a 6 handicap that means they shot 78?
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

What, playing a scramble?

Quoted:

So if par for 18 holes of golf is 72 and someone has a 6 handicap that means they shot 78?

Courses are all different, some 70 to 73.  

It means, in your last 20 rounds, the average of your best 8 scores was, x.

Now, if it was official, it also means each course's slop and rating was also calculated.  Easier courses, higher handicap, harder courses, lower handicap.  Also reflects the length or what tees you play off.  
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:09:08 PM EDT
[#16]
I’m 55 yo and currently a weekend 9 hcp at a top 30 private course and a 2019 club champ.  I’m pretty sure I’d beat the hell out of him on a golf course.

Shot 77 Saturday.  I never get to practice or even warm up.  I was out until 12:30 Friday and went to sleep at 2:30am, then got up at 8:30am went straight to the tee and shot 40/37.  It takes me until the back nine to get rolling, but once I do …

I can get up and down from a phone booth with a deer in it. ha ha
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:09:46 PM EDT
[#17]
78?  Weak, I do that on the front 9.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:38:46 PM EDT
[#18]
I thought FJB was going to challenge Trump to a push up contest.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 7:55:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

View Quote

72 with a 6 handicap is a net 66.

Once I shot a legit 72 with a good buddy and my late father.  I was a 7 at the time.  That score card is dated, signed by all 3 of us, framed and hanging on my office wall right now.  July 1st, 2010.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:02:54 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I don't know shit about golf, but Trump seemed to not accept that at all.

I'm not inclined to believe Biden just because he's a lying cocksucker.

What's the truth of this?
View Quote

Quoted:
It's all so gay.  Why was this even talked about?

View Quote

I scrolled for awhile.

I didn't see a good explanation.

I understand it.

In fact, I would say that segment was the most important part of that entire debate.

My Mom's Dad and her brother retired from SoCal aerospace defense contracting. I have been around C suite types.

For people that make a ton of fucking money and don't have the time or inclination to get out, the way they measure dicks is golf. Golf is a Big Fucking Deal to a huge number of older movers and shakers. (modern types that ride around on a hoverboard wouldn't get it)

Playing golf like they do is actually hard.

Doubly hard if you forego the cart, carry your own bags and it is hot and fucking humid on the course that day.

Golfing to them is like... war or triathlete marathons. It incorporates a ton of skill like sniping (wind and slight muscular mistakes, you're off target by a mile), stamina (it's a sport that incorporates a literal open field hike measured in miles in some cases), and stress (putting that stupid fucking ball in that stupid fucking hole a mere few feet away while being mercilessly heckled by your peer group / people that are beneath you that can play better)... not even add in money bets and other things.

You and I may not see it that way, but I am telling you, the people that ran the country from the 50's to the mid 2000's, eat every day at the club, and follow that shit like how some people follow football or wrestling absolutely do.

So, for biden to not only say he played so well he needed a hand tied behind his back (literally, the point of a handicap in a sport that has different starting points for women and children) AND taunting trump to not take a cart and bagboy but hump his own shit...

That was a literal shot across the bow.

My grampa would have literally come out of his recliner, no question, and took out the tv.

Trump could not have handled it much better. He verbally patted biden on the head. Yeah, stevie, we all believe you. Sure. Sure.

All in one look and one sentence. "Yeah, I've seen your swing."

Biden outed himself to the people that run defense contracting and monster business right there. It would be like him saying he could fuck up 95% of X games competitors or Tough Mudders.

It was... significant.

I guaranfuckingtee you, even in places where they bleed dem blue and literally can not talk politics without violating some kind of federal contracting law... they were talking in hushed tones about that part.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:37:38 PM EDT
[#21]
We have some very good players on ARF and I used to be one of them decades ago. I played in college on a scholarship then worked at a private club as an assistant for a few years and have given a lot of golf lessons.

There are few guarantees in life but I can tell you that Biden has never been a legit 6 handicap and Trump, after seeing him swing, has never been a 3 or under. Not now or even 10-20 years ago.  I would bet everything I have that Biden could not not break 120 right now without cheating.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:42:07 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I’ve played with guys in their 60s+. Off tee an arrow. 2nd shot close. Up and down par.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Story on Trump

My son and I played a round with an old dude that was pretty bad ass. He didn’t murder it off the tee, but every shot was where he wanted it to go, and I don’t think he missed a green or a decent putt.  I don’t think he was + anything for par 3s, and birdied more than he hit par.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:58:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I scrolled for awhile.

I understand it.

In fact, I would say that segment was the most important part of that entire debate.

My Mom's Dad and her brother retired from SoCal aerospace defense contracting. I have been around C suite types.

For people that make a ton of fucking money and don't have the time or inclination to get out, the way they measure dicks is golf. Golf is a Big Fucking Deal to a huge number of older movers and shakers. (modern types that ride around on a hoverboard wouldn't get it)

Doubly hard if you forego the cart, carry your own bags and it is hot and fucking humid on the course that day.

Golfing to them is like... war or triathlete marathons. It incorporates a ton of skill like sniping (wind and slight muscular mistakes, you're off target by a mile), stamina (it's a sport that incorporates a literal open field hike measured in miles in some cases), and stress (putting that stupid fucking ball in that stupid fucking hole a mere few feet away while being mercilessly heckled by your peer group / people that are beneath you that can play better)... not even add in money bets and other things.

You and I may not see it that way, but I am telling you, the people that ran the country from the 50's to the mid 2000's, eat every day at the club, and follow that shit like how some people follow football or wrestling absolutely do.

So, for biden to not only say he played so well he needed a hand tied behind his back (literally, the point of a handicap in a sport that has different starting points for women and children) AND taunting trump to not take a cart and bagboy but hump his own shit...

My grampa would have literally come out of his recliner, no question, and took out the tv.

Trump could not have handled it much better. He verbally patted biden on the head. Yeah, stevie, we all believe you. Sure. Sure.

Biden outed himself to the people that run defense contracting and monster business right there. It would be like him saying he could fuck up 95% of X games competitors or Tough Mudders.

It was... significant.

I guaranfuckingtee you, even in places where they bleed dem blue and literally can not talk politics without violating some kind of federal contracting law... they were talking in hushed tones about that part.
View Quote

TRUTH.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 8:59:39 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I scrolled for awhile.

I understand it.

It was... significant.

View Quote

It's the same in any discipline or hobby.

When you've spent thousand of hours to see marginal gains in whatever your interest is or risen to a point of being called "good," by your contemporaries or idols, it's a big fucking deal.

There's milestones in every endeavor you choose to do.  What do you choose to do, because you like it, want to get better at it?  Can be anything.  

And when some poser fucking twat comes in and says something so outlandish, but nobody else is the wiser, it's a big fucking deal.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:11:29 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

While 100% true, it’s no fault of US golfers, as it’s the system we have to play with.

While there are many vanity cap morons (guys with big egos and typically more money than sense), there are also sandbaggers in our system. Those guys play for money and will hustle you in a heartbeat. They are typically low handicappers who roll with mid level handicaps (say someone who’s really a -5, but never posts their good scores, only their mediocre ones and winds up with a -10 handicap).

I do think Biden probably was capable of being a 6 to 8 cap or so at some point 10-15 years ago, but odds are high it was a vanity handicap (lots of gimmes, mulligans and not posting bad scores).

Trump is the poster child for a vanity handicap…

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:12:45 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
We have some very good players on ARF and I used to be one of them decades ago. I played in college on a scholarship then worked at a private club as an assistant for a few years and have given a lot of golf lessons.

There are few guarantees in life but I can tell you that Biden has never been a legit 6 handicap and Trump, after seeing him swing, has never been a 3 or under. Not now or even 10-20 years ago.  I would bet everything I have that Biden could not not break 120 right now without cheating.
View Quote

Dude. He can’t walk or navigate stairs. He can’t break 120 in 5 holes.

He can’t even foot wedge. I bet he can’t even make contact with the ball with a club.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:17:45 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

If he doesn’t putt the short ones add 5. Not including penalties. Pros miss 4 footers.

But this is about Biden. Lying cheat scumbag communist who can’t walk, can’t ride a bicycle, let alone swing a club, can’t even talk.

Scumbag lying fuck.

View Quote

8' is 50-50 for Pros.

I get picking up, what with the fetish for quick rounds these days.  

In money games, AIUI---I'm certainly not good enough to play for $$$--- you don't touch your f@*@*@ ball, and there are no handicaps.  Because it's all bullshit.  You get "spots".  Like, you get to tee off 100 yds ahead of Dewey.  But no strokes.  And presses on the last four holes.

I just like watching the ball sail.  I'm not good.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:19:08 PM EDT
[#28]
Trump's backswing is ugly but he makes it work and he rotates well through the ball.

He plays A LOT in front of a lot of people so I'm sure there would be plenty to call him out if he wasn't a good golfer.  Hell, John Daly has played with Trump several times and says he's pretty damn good.

I don't think Trump said anything about his handicap in the debate.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:26:20 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Now, if it was official, it also means each course's slop and rating was also calculated.  Easier courses, higher handicap, harder courses, lower handicap.  Also reflects the length or what tees you play off.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Negative, best score per hole with Norman.  So, #14 at Pebble is a Par-5 and the #1 handicapped hole at Pebble.  Packer would play that hole, from the White Tees, I think, but not as far back as the Pros.  Packer, as a 18 handicap (or whatever I wrote, it was close) gets to take one stroke from his score for each hole.  If he was a 13 handicap, he gets to take one stroke from each hole, 1-13 in handicap.  The course ranks each hole by toughest, #1 handicap, to easiest, #18 handicap.  Anyway, Packer and Norman are a team. Whoever gets the best score---Norman straight up, Packer getting a stroke---that's the score for their team for that hole.

Packer scores a birdie on this hole?  He gets 4, -1, for 3 for the team.

So not a scramble, but you can see where scores can get stupid here.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:38:06 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

8' is 50-50 for Pros.

In money games, AIUI---I'm certainly not good enough to play for $$$--- you don't touch your f@*@*@ ball, and there are no handicaps.  Because it's all bullshit.  You get "spots".  Like, you get to tee off 100 yds ahead of Dewey.  But no strokes.  And presses on the last four holes.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Scumbag lying fuck.

8' is 50-50 for Pros.

I started playing by the book 20+ years ago. It’s amazing how much your real score is.

Play by the book and you’ll add 25-30 strokes to your “score”.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:41:41 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Negative, best score per hole with Norman.  So, #14 at Pebble is a Par-5 and the #1 handicapped hole at Pebble.  Packer would play that hole, from the White Tees, I think, but not as far back as the Pros.  Packer, as a 18 handicap (or whatever I wrote, it was close) gets to take one stroke from his score for each hole.  If he was a 13 handicap, he gets to take one stroke from each hole, 1-13 in handicap.  The course ranks each hole by toughest, #1 handicap, to easiest, #18 handicap.  Anyway, Packer and Norman are a team. Whoever gets the best score---Norman straight up, Packer getting a stroke---that's the score for their team for that hole.

View Quote

So they're playing best ball.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:44:30 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  They're not playing from the best spot of the two. But it is best ball (with a handicap).
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:46:50 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Pope of Slope - Numbers

Excerpt:

I've seen a lot of people play with handicaps up and down the spectrum.  Real 0.8's to 36's.....  In my opinion, Joe Biden with his playing cadence of a "round a month", is no way he was ever a 6 handicap, and in fact he probably lost a lot of money claiming that he was....

Trump, playing multiple times per week, is believable to be a 2.5, and I would wager that despite how that swing looks, his ball goes generally where he desires it to go, even now.  He is clearly a known cheater and braggart, but I would bet that when scoring for real, playing from the back tees on hard courses and scoring in the 80's meant he kept a low, low number in the handicap index.

You can shoot 86 from the back tees on a course rated over par, with a slope in the high 130's, or maybe even 140+, and you'd be a good handicap, because you are demonstrating skillful execution on a tough course.

If you shot 86 on a course rated under par, and a slope nearer to 100, your handicap would balloon - quickly.
View Quote

Very good, simple explanation for non golfers to at least grasp how handicaps work.
Well and simply stated.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:48:04 PM EDT
[#34]
Biden has a 6 just like he was top of his class in law school and got 3 degrees.  Proven and experienced liar.

Trump owns really nice golf courses... LOTS of them.  Just like every other capitalist running dog I'm sure he stole them from indigenous peoples and only reluctantly freed his slaves.  But I trust Trump on Golf way more than Biden.

Actually I trust Trump on most anything more than Biden.  He's got no automatic lie filter like most politicians, except when he's bragging about something.

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:50:30 PM EDT
[#35]
Lol@everyone saying Biden may have been....

Please. Biden was never competitive in any athletic endeavor in his life. The guy is a pencil necked loser.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:57:07 PM EDT
[#36]

This
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:57:48 PM EDT
[#37]
I was a 5-6 handicapper for most of my adult life. Biden couldn't make a 3 footer if his life depended on it.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 9:58:07 PM EDT
[#38]
I could beat him with a pitching wedge and a $5 putter and I suck.

Dude probably gets 87 mulligans each round.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:01:16 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Jack Nicklaus is 84 and says he’s about a 6 handicap these days

If he went head to head with Biden tomorrow for 18, where would you put your money?

Biden could have been a 6 at some point in his life, but today?  More like 26

The look of the swing doesn’t always tell the tale, Arnie, Chi Chi, Lee, Ray Floyd, Bubba, lots and lots of examples of swings that at first look don’t seem playable.

Heck if you saw Matthew Wolf swing you’d think he had Tourette’s and not a pga pro.
View Quote

I could not watch Jim Furyk swing. It looked like a lawn chair falling out of a tree in a high wind. Man it was ugly. But he made it work.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Honest question.  Doe it really matter what it looks like, if he can repeat it and strike the ball well?

View Quote

Yes. Arnold Palmer's swing went to shit at a much earlier age than did Jack Niclaus's because Jack's swing was much more fundamentally sound and Arnold's was based on him muscleling the club.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:10:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
Jack Nicklaus is 84 and says he's about a 6 handicap these days

If he went head to head with Biden tomorrow for 18, where would you put your money?

Biden could have been a 6 at some point in his life, but today?  More like 26

The look of the swing doesn't always tell the tale, Arnie, Chi Chi, Lee, Ray Floyd, Bubba, lots and lots of examples of swings that at first look don't seem playable.

Heck if you saw Matthew Wolf swing you'd think he had Tourette's and not a pga pro.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:13:50 PM EDT
[#42]
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:15:52 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We had a similar situation in a dart league I played in.

On another night, a player shot a perfect game against me in 301 or 501. I don't remember what terms were that night. I got my picture in a dart players magazine for being the guy that lost to someone who threw a perfect game.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:24:32 PM EDT
[#44]
I can only imagine.  Treble 20 after treble 20:  "Beginners luck!"  

Yeah, go fuck yourself.  Perfect 6 out huh?  Treble 19 double 2 or 17 double 5?

(Played a lot of darts by myself in lawschool.  Cricket is fun with a crowd, provided you omit the bullseye)
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:36:30 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
For comparison's sake, Tiger Woods' career handicap is like 6.5.
View Quote

Tiger is a PLUS 6. ADD the six to his score.
He would give a 6 handicapper 12 strokes a round.

Being a six takes some serious work. Hard to believe Biden ever spared the time from politics and crime.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 10:42:13 PM EDT
[#46]
I was a 12 handicap a million years ago. When I played 3-4 days week for 7-8 straight at my peak. I was a considered a solid bogie golfer.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:05:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
I can only imagine.  Treble 20 after treble 20:  "Beginners luck!"  

Yeah, go fuck yourself.  Perfect 6 out huh?  Treble 19 double 2 or 17 double 5?

(Played a lot of darts by myself in lawschool.  Cricket is fun with a crowd, provided you omit the bullseye)
View Quote

I was a full handicap against him. I got like half of the potential points spotted to me. He threw the minimum number of darts needed to go out. Not a single extra dart needed. Dave M. I drive past the bar we threw in a few times a week.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:06:23 PM EDT
[#48]
I really shouldn't, but...

https://slate.com/culture/2024/06/presidential-debate-winner-trump-biden-reaction-golf.html

Attachment Attached File

Sounds like Biden was talking about when he was VP (7-16 years ago), and he wasn't that far from the number on record.

It's a self-reporting system, Trump is well know to be a horrible cheater/liar regarding golf (a whole book was written about it).  Between the two, there's no question who was likely to be more honest with their reporting.

Trump has only reported two scores since 2016, even though he played golf on 300 days while he was president.

Some of you golfers may enjoy this more in depth article:

https://www.thebulwark.com/p/trump-reported-golf-scores-reveal-he-cheats

Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

For those who enjoy such things, here's a video of Trump shanking a shot horribly:

https://www.instagram.com/reel/CufLYyCLC_T/?utm_source=ig_embed&ig_rid=cc0e47ae-6f26-4c95-afa2-e8ac8e756dc6&ig_mid=3EAE3BE8-1299-47D5-AB1E-437A1AA31EA6
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:14:12 PM EDT
[#49]
My Mom is almost 70 and plays 3 days a week.

She’d mop the floor with Brandon.
Link Posted: 7/2/2024 11:25:53 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
It's all so gay.  Why was this even talked about?

We literally have two different buffoons to chose.

And yes, I will vote for Trump.  Not happily, but for the potential judges.
View Quote

It was talked about, because one of the Mods asked if he was mentally fit to serve if elected.

His answer was he took two cognitive tests and passed them the best that anyone his age has ever taken the test and he won two golf championships this year.  Then dummy starts talking about his golf game and he's a 6 handicap as VP and you know the rest.

According to Golfdigest Trumps handicap is 2.8.  That means he has the potential to play a round of golf at 2.8 strokes over par given his best scores. His best round of golf listed on his handicap index is a 70.
We talked about it today at work for 2 hours.   My handicap is 17.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top