User Panel

Site Notices
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Posted: 5/25/2017 11:31:11 AM EDT
Gordon Ramsay's perfect burger tutorial | GMA
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:36:37 AM EDT
[#1]
It is amazing to see how much of a softy he is on the show with the kids. I was expecting so much more tears.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:39:42 AM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:46:22 AM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Looks like the wine country hills above Temecula in southern California.
View Quote
Looks closer to Fallbrook, or maybe Deluz.

If I left my hamburger buns in a grill that long, they'd be a charred mess. His idea of "piping hot" is different from mine.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:50:56 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
It is amazing to see how much of a softy he is on the show with the kids. I was expecting so much more tears.
View Quote
The kid show is really cute.  My 9 year old loves it.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:51:54 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
View Quote
All the shows that have kids versions, like chopped, aren't mean to the kids. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:52:24 AM EDT
[#6]
I can respect a hardass that's good at what he does.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:55:28 AM EDT
[#7]
The chef at work used to work at one of his fine dining restaurants. She said that when he came in he was quite nice to everyone.

We were actually talking about his burger place out here and she didn't feel it was very good. Not bad, but not amazing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 11:58:31 AM EDT
[#8]
I ate at Burgr in Planet Hollywood back in March. Best burger I've ever had and the group I was with ordered like 5 plates of the Gooey Fries.

I am going to emulate this recipe this weekend
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:00:14 PM EDT
[#9]
On a gas grill?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:02:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
On a gas grill?
View Quote
What's wrong with gas? A great burger can be cooked on gas, charcoal, cast iron, pellet grills, and even a George Foreman grill. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:04:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
On a gas grill?
View Quote
charcoal is for hipsters and people who dont know what they're doing...which is a hipster
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:05:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
View Quote
yeah, away from Hell's Kitchen, he comes across as a really sweet, positive person.  his BBC show the F word is fantastic.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:05:28 PM EDT
[#13]
John Legend Sings Classic Gordon Ramsay Insults
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:06:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Not this shit again...
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:07:03 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
What's wrong with gas? A great burger can be cooked on gas, charcoal, cast iron, pellet grills, and even a George Foreman grill. 
View Quote
Plus gas is more even heating vs charcoal.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:07:39 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

charcoal is for hipsters and people who dont know what they're doing...which is a hipster
View Quote
LOL
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:08:49 PM EDT
[#17]
Stayed at the Paris in Vegas last year, went to Gordon Ramsay Steak. It was the best steak I've ever had in my life. I still daydream about going back there.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:10:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
On a gas grill?
View Quote
Not everyone wants smokey flavor all the time.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:10:12 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

yeah, away from Hell's Kitchen, he comes across as a really sweet, positive person.  his BBC show the F word is fantastic.
View Quote
Yeah he seems really nice on most everything else 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:11:08 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

View Quote
snort....I think you're about a hundred eighty degrees out of phase
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:11:17 PM EDT
[#21]
the mayo spunk ruined it!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:12:29 PM EDT
[#22]
Yeah what does that guy know about cooking, he uses sauce with his steaks. Arfcom told me steaks can only have salt, unless it's a shit cut of meat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:12:41 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
On a gas grill?
How do you impart a smokey flavor on food cooked on a gas grill?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:15:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote
Swinging on cyborg's ball sack or just his troll account?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:18:30 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote
So cooking on a charcoal or wood grill is now a hipster thing?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:21:34 PM EDT
[#26]
IT'S FUCKING RAW!!1!1!!!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:22:37 PM EDT
[#27]
That looked delicious!
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:24:37 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

If I left my hamburger buns in a grill that long, they'd be a charred mess. His idea of "piping hot" is different from mine.
View Quote
Yeah, I was thinking the same thing.  That grill could not have been over 300 degrees or so.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:25:35 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
IT'S FUCKING RAW!!1!1!!!
View Quote
No they looked about right.  Not everybody likes their beef ruined.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:26:22 PM EDT
[#30]
Surprisingly (I always expect a chef to get a little too creative with a burger), I didn't disagree with any of that. 

Like a lot of chefs though, he assumes a bit too much when "teaching" others. He didn't give any details on his chuck and brisket grind, other than commenting on how good it was and how the fat was just right. A lot of people would probably appreciate some details on the mayo thing he made, though I have my own creation that I'm quite fond of. 

If I have the time, I like caramelizing the onion instead. Grilling them like he did is great, too. 

He seasons a bit more than I do, but I'm not there to taste it. I'm sure it's good. I like that he went with what looks to be a butterhead lettuce of some sort. Nice. 

EDIT: He also assembled the burger in the proper order, which few people seem to get right. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:27:58 PM EDT
[#31]
Egg? I thought this was how to make a hamburger not a meatloaf.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:28:05 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

No they looked about right.  Not everybody likes their beef ruined.
View Quote
^^clearly has never seen hell's kitchen
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:39:24 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
On a gas grill?
View Quote
For as little time as those things are on the grill at super high heat, I seriously doubt you'd notice the difference in a blind test repeated several times. 

For the record, I don't own a gas grill. But I'm just sayin'. 

Also: He's a chef. And chefs looooove consistency. He knows exactly how much heat he's working with, and it's repeatable. Charcoal can be a bit of a variable (few take the time to actually weigh the coals, or time the burn) and he probably appreciates consistency above all else. 

I'm a nerd and a perfectionist, and I would have probed those puppies with a Thermapen before pulling them. He's probably done it enough on that grill, with that exact grind, that he can just time it (in his head or otherwise). Consistency, consistency, consistency. 
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:44:23 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
View Quote
Yeah, egg is fine in a hamburger. Meatloaf is distinguished by the breadcrumbs and thorough mixing.
The mixing would make burgers less tender, but in meatloaf the soaked bread crumbs heat up/expand and keep everything tender and moist.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:45:26 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
  I am filing this away behind  "people who buy manual transmission vehicles are just showing off"  in the lamest things I have read in GD catagory but thanks for the advice Hank Hill.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:45:40 PM EDT
[#36]
Gonna try it this weekend.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:46:12 PM EDT
[#37]
He built it upside down, but ide eat it. Would also like to know the burger blend.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:48:58 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
View Quote
somewhere on youtube there is a mashup of him ripping on adults and being good with the kids all put together
its hilarious

he really is a nice guy.  his interaction with the blind lady on that chef show is pretty awesome
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:50:00 PM EDT
[#39]
What was the oil he recommended?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

View Quote
Or people like myself who can't afford a fancy gas grill...
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:50:57 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's going to be LA for sure, Beverly hills or Hollywood hills, around those parts.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:51:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
For as little time as those things are on the grill at super high heat, I seriously doubt you'd notice the difference in a blind test repeated several times. 

For the record, I don't own a gas grill. But I'm just sayin'. 

Also: He's a chef. And chefs looooove consistency. He knows exactly how much heat he's working with, and it's repeatable. Charcoal can be a bit of a variable (few take the time to actually weigh the coals, or time the burn) and he probably appreciates consistency above all else. 

I'm a nerd and a perfectionist, and I would have probed those puppies with a Thermapen before pulling them. He's probably done it enough on that grill, with that exact grind, that he can just time it (in his head or otherwise). Consistency, consistency, consistency. 
View Quote
I have both charcoal and gas.

I don't fire up coals for 3 hamburgers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:54:35 PM EDT
[#43]
Why does  he ate the taste of hamburger so much that he has put all that other shit on it ?
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:55:48 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
View Quote
Hope he went by Selleck Motors or caught a Big Ups show while he was in Temecula.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:57:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, that's in Los Angeles, Bell Air
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:59:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
IT'S FUCKING RAW!!1!1!!!
View Quote
It looks good to me. I usually eat mine medium or medium well. With a burger that thick if you are going to cook it well done you wont have much left to eat.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 12:59:35 PM EDT
[#47]
Gordon Ramsey is really good at all the little details that make a big difference.

I watched his video on scrambled eggs, I've made scrambled eggs 1000 times, and I learned I was doing it wrong. so much better using his method.

Oh, and I would eat the shit out of the GR burger. :)
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:01:55 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View Quote
Notice the claim is that these are "best" burgers.
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:03:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
Yeah, egg is fine in a hamburger. Meatloaf is distinguished by the breadcrumbs and thorough mixing.
The mixing would make burgers less tender, but in meatloaf the soaked bread crumbs heat up/expand and keep everything tender and moist.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Binding agents are not required in hamburgers especially if they have been properly rested in the refrigerator and your grill is properly cleaned and seasoned.  Eggs belong on top of the burger if at all.  
Link Posted: 5/25/2017 1:03:40 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

View Quote
I do, and I've never understood this argument. Gas isn't any faster, unless you're pulling pre-made patties out of the freezer. 

See all that shit he's got prepped and laying out by the grill? The coals are ready to rock by the time you've finished that. Start the coals in the chimney immediately before even looking at the kitchen, and they'll be ready by the time you've got your patties made, your sauce/spread created, your onions, tomatoes and lettuce cut and prepped, etc. 

Charcoal: Light the coals right now, then get your mise en place taken care of. 
Gas: Get your mise en place taken care of, then turn the burners on. 

Same difference. Fucking up the order isn't the fault of the charcoal. 
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top