Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:32:59 PM EDT
[#1]
Never had a gray or silver car. Don't know if I've ever seen another car with the color of my Lexus, it's a very light golden metallic.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:33:41 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

True.

I should have clarified going to the dealer and ordering/buying a brand new car.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When you buy used because you aren't willing to pay the premium for new, you take the best choice available.  Color isn't that important.

True.

I should have clarified going to the dealer and ordering/buying a brand new car.

I bought the last one on the lot of the previous model year for a significant discount. The trim was the one I wanted anyways, but grey was my choice of color.

Cops don't even look at me.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:34:14 PM EDT
[#3]
Wrong.  Silver is the color of understated wealth and prestige.

White and Black embody what you describe.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:34:51 PM EDT
[#4]
I have never picked out thw color of my car.

I pick the used car on miles, price, and dependability. Current car is black, last car was grey, pickup before that was red... color was never a factor
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:35:29 PM EDT
[#5]
Lol, 5 of my 10 cars haven been gray.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:37:35 PM EDT
[#6]
Meh.  They took an extra $500 of the negotiated price because I wanted red or blue, but all they had was silver.  I really wasn't invested in any color, but I took the money.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:39:23 PM EDT
[#7]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:39:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Imagine being so indecisive, you can't pick between two non-colors, black and white.  So you compromise and pick gray.

What ever happened to people liking real colors in their cars?
View Quote

I've had two silver cars now. Maybe that's the color available at the time.

** Not everyone can custom order a car  **
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:40:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Even after years of internet overuse, the word "literally" sure does pack a punch!
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:40:58 PM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:41:04 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Even after years of internet overuse, the word "literally" sure does pack a punch!
View Quote

Figuratively speaking, of course
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:43:19 PM EDT
[#12]
Black, white or silver. Everything else is just a "ewwww look at me" color same thing as a gay pride flag.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#13]
Yep. And it kills me when it's actually a nice car. But...silver. How dull.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:45:01 PM EDT
[#14]
OP sucks. DSG Terminator is best Terminator.

Ok, I agree on silver. It sucks although I bought it for the body and mods already done to support a turbo build, not the color.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:45:15 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I love metallic silver.  Love it above all other colors
View Quote

Agreed. Almost always looks clean. Hides scratches well. Looks great.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:45:24 PM EDT
[#16]
I like my generic grey McEgg

I didn't like silver, Subaru black has a cheap look to it, the only good blue is on the "sport" model which isn't worth a $5K premium for no added horsepower, so I actually chose dark grey.
I like blending in to the background
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:45:40 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Sometimes you end up with the car you want but not your first choice in color.
View Quote

Yup. My wife wanted a black car in 2020 when we bought her car. No one had one in black so she got it in white.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:47:47 PM EDT
[#18]
I’ll never own another black car, dirty the minute you leave the car wash. Never had a white vehicle, not enough Spy glasses or flat brims in my house to justify it.

My LR4 is Orkney Grey. Has a really nice gold/yellow sparkle to it under sunlight.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:48:35 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Grey is badass and Ford’s most popular color for a reason.

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/522818/B15E09FD-9375-413C-B9B7-B9091F7CDD71_jpe-2380305.JPG
View Quote

Silver has never done anything for me, but I have always liked grey trucks. Mine is red though
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:49:55 PM EDT
[#20]
My preference is light beige.  Couldn't find an F150 in that color when I was looking.  My 2nd favorite color is silver.  And its not because I'm indecisive.
White is my third choice.  Black is my LAST choice.  I've done it and will never go black again.

I pick colors that look clean the longest.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:50:49 PM EDT
[#21]
OP is correct. Greyscale colors are garbage.

My 2022:

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:57:56 PM EDT
[#23]
“Peak mediocrity”

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:58:52 PM EDT
[#24]
Gunmetal all the way!!!!
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 6:59:00 PM EDT
[#25]
I agree with OP. Hate silver cars. And my fun car is silver. But that’s because with only 1,500 ever made I couldn’t be too picky with color when buying. Might end up wrapping it.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:00:42 PM EDT
[#26]
I bought a dark gray truck as that was one of the few colors remaining I could find for the year and model I wanted.  I've had black, red, and light stone/tan before this one.  If the other dealer hadn't been a dick not willing to negotiate, I'd have a brown truck instead.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:02:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Silver 4Runner, silver Landcriuser....traded in a silver Tundra for the 4Runner....

traded in a silver 2012 Ford Expedition for a gray Jeep JL.....had a silver 1990 Bronco, a silver 1980 F150, a silver 1975 Chevy Monza....

Yeah I like silver and gray....

My 1977 Ford Bronco frame off will be Ford Race Red....

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:03:24 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's never happened in my life.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:03:36 PM EDT
[#29]

That’s not the only thing they got wrong.

The PPK sucks, too.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:04:38 PM EDT
[#30]
Attachment Attached File

Attachment Attached File

Silver's pretty nice.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:05:23 PM EDT
[#31]
I disagree.

Attachment Attached File

I live and work close to a rock quarry…..the dust is real.  Out of most colors, a dark gray tends to hide dirt/dust very well.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:06:00 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

The PPK sucks, too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

The PPK sucks, too.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:14:27 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I had a Toyota Celica in silver. I considered it sports car silver. Then my son totaled it.

Bought a Ford Ranger in silver because I got a great deal on it. I loved that truck for 200K miles.

Now have a Jeep Patriot in silver, because I got a great deal on it also.

At this point I'm sick of silver.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a Toyota Celica in silver. I considered it sports car silver. Then my son totaled it.

Bought a Ford Ranger in silver because I got a great deal on it. I loved that truck for 200K miles.

Now have a Jeep Patriot in silver, because I got a great deal on it also.

At this point I'm sick of silver.

I’ve always heard silver faded worse than other colors, but that was a few years ago.  I’ve had a couple of silver vehicles but it’s not my favorite color.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:21:34 PM EDT
[#35]
Barring any unforeseen problems, I’ll hopefully be driving this home tomorrow.
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:23:24 PM EDT
[#36]
I like a dark charcoal gray vehicle. I do not like silver, at all.

That being said, my truck is black.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:29:52 PM EDT
[#37]
Yeah I have a question for you OP.. HOW DARE YOU!

The chemical properties of silver (Ag) give it the status of one of the most sought after metals in the world. It is not only the most reflective metal, but it is also the most conductive and very malleable. As such, silver is used in jewelry, tableware, currency, and other prized items. So it is no wonder that the color silver would be used to adorn automobiles in the form of metal brightwork and lustrous paint.

Automakers routinely have saved silver touches for only the most prestigious models and show cars. Names like Silver Arrow, Silver Bullet and Silver Streak soon came to represent the pinnacle of performance and style. Today, silver cars are still captivating despite technological advances and new build materials. It seems that for automobiles, silver cars will always set the gold standard to which others are measured.
View Quote

Silver gets kind of a bum rap. There was a time when silver was king, when men like George Hearst ran roughshod over the wild parts of America looking for it. Sadly, it has fallen out of fashion in recent decades, losing out to gold or platinum. Silver has a lot to offer though, it's attractive, easy to work with, and its color serves to highlight the intricacies of whatever its shaped into. It's because of this last property that silver has long been a favorite hue for enterprising car designers to show off their finest work. In fact, the list of beautiful silver cars is so long that friend of V3llum and legendary automotive enthusiast Bruce Meyer, in conjunction with the Petersen and Rolex, had to spend long hours over lists of cars, carefully winnowing out the lesser examples to create arguably the greatest collection of silver-hued automobiles ever assembled. This magnificent exhibition is called Precious Metal, and it promises to serve as a swift spiritual kick to the head that will realign your perception of both the sculptural beauty and outright cost of automobiles. Since getting into the details on each vehicle in Precious Metal would take eons, as each car has a unique history, we'll focus on our three favorites: the Mercedes W196 streamliner race car, the Horch 853 Sport Cabriolet, and the McLaren F1.
View Quote

Precious Metal Exhibit - Petersen Automotive Museum

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:35:16 PM EDT
[#38]
Silver, gray? Well, sometimes low profile is preferred.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:39:32 PM EDT
[#39]
I would say mine doesn’t scream mediocrity
Attachment Attached File

To be honest though they offered it in two whites, two reds, black and the gray. My wife’s only stipulation was no red so that’s how we ended up where we did.

Also got my Gladiator in gray. No excuses there as they had more color selection I just liked it
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:42:52 PM EDT
[#40]
I wish it could be a Honda Civic instead.

[/url][/img]

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:47:13 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I like silver as a color.  Does not retain heat in the summertime and does not shown filth as badly as dark colored cars.  I wish there were more cars/trucks that came in green colors.  Not the shitty florescent green, but other greens.  Why is green not used more often?  My car is dark red and my truck is bronze color.
View Quote

The truth.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:47:56 PM EDT
[#43]
I'm tired of silver/grey/white/black cars.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:52:32 PM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:53:13 PM EDT
[#45]
I like grey cars, I like to keep a low profile and not draw attention.

Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:53:57 PM EDT
[#46]
Maybe people don't want to look like they're a Code Inspector for the city in a white vehicle, or like they're an Uber driver of Middle Eastern descent in a black vehicle. Since people over the age of 23 don't have any business driving a red vehicle, and blue vehicles are the universal sign that the driver enjoys deep throating, we start running out of options.

Is OP going to post up pictures of his white '97 Tacoma with aftermarket "rims" or not?
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:55:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:56:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Imagine being so indecisive, you can't pick between two non-colors, black and white.  So you compromise and pick gray.

What ever happened to people liking real colors in their cars?
View Quote

Got a good deal on it. That’s why I have a silver Escape. Would much prefer blue, but not at $8K more.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:57:27 PM EDT
[#49]
People that drive Hondas are what you meant OP.
Link Posted: 5/11/2022 7:58:31 PM EDT
[#50]
You can’t be a gray man unless you drive a gray vehicle. Also gunmetal gray is the best at hiding dirt
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top