[#3]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Another interesting comet movie is Coherence:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kxAOewNzz-8
View Quote

Bizarre. I will watch it.
View Quote
"Coherence" was fucking excellent. Be prepared to watch it more than once. Make sure to have pencils and paper handy to make charts.

I'm surprised to hear someone giving "Greenland" a thumbs up. It's looks silly. I'll watch it when it's free.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:56:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Where can you watch it all?

It isn't on Amazon Prime.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:21:54 PM EDT
[#5]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
These Final Hours is actually free on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibVohL9UR9o
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Where can you watch Greenland or These Final Hours?
These Final Hours is actually free on YouTube

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ibVohL9UR9o

It's on Amazon Prime as well.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:27:20 PM EDT
[#6]
watched it

liked it

Don't want to give away any spoilers yet, but there were some story details that should have been flushed out more.

overall 4/5
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:30:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Im guessing the survival bunker was only letting in useful people. Doctors, engineers, mechanics, breeding age females...etc.... Prob no basket weaving / womenz studies / diversity degree holders. Or grandmas .
View Quote

If this happen under a Biden admin, gays, trans, lesbians, and the homeless will get 1st crack at the lotto.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:33:26 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Holy fucking shitsnacks, that was hard to sit through.  I kept hoping everyone would die, it was so fucking bad!  And that's a shame, because if anyone deserves to survive the apocalypse, it's Morena Baccarin.

And "fat"???  "Gerard Butler is getting fat"???  In what faggot fistfucking fantasy is Gerard Butler "fat"?  Fucking stupid.

The movie was horrible, how could you get sooo much SJW BULLSHIT in a movie when the main characters, the "heroes" are white???

No one was prepared, no one took advantage to equip themselves when on the move, everyone drove on the main highways and were surprised when they ran into gridlock.  I'm not talking like arfcom prepared, I'm talking, "Honey, a comet is supposed to hit us in a month, maybe we should stockpile more cheetos and beer" prepared.  They had all this time beforehand, but no one bothered to do any shopping.  I won't talk about the total dumbassery and fucktardery that occurred once the bodies started hitting the floor.

This wasn't even as good as 2012 or that silly shit with John Cusak.
View Quote

You obviously watched a different movie or are deaf.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:35:01 PM EDT
[#9]
Every helpful person in their journey to safety was a woman / black / latino / gay / etc.  
Every dangerous or indifferent person was a white male.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:37:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Holy fucking shitsnacks, that was hard to sit through.  I kept hoping everyone would die, it was so fucking bad!  And that's a shame, because if anyone deserves to survive the apocalypse, it's Morena Baccarin.

And "fat"???  "Gerard Butler is getting fat"???  In what faggot fistfucking fantasy is Gerard Butler "fat"?  Fucking stupid.

The movie was horrible, how could you get sooo much SJW BULLSHIT in a movie when the main characters, the "heroes" are white???

No one was prepared, no one took advantage to equip themselves when on the move, everyone drove on the main highways and were surprised when they ran into gridlock.  I'm not talking like arfcom prepared, I'm talking, "Honey, a comet is supposed to hit us in a month, maybe we should stockpile more cheetos and beer" prepared.  They had all this time beforehand, but no one bothered to do any shopping.  I won't talk about the total dumbassery and fucktardery that occurred once the bodies started hitting the floor.

This wasn't even as good as 2012 or that silly shit with John Cusak.

No, it was deus ex machina but with comets.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 1:41:03 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

What I loved about the movie is it sets itself apart from other disaster films, by making it clear from the beginning there is no stopping it. There aren't space cowboys coming to save the day. The disaster isn't the focus, and as far as I remember they don't even specifically say what caused it. It's just a backdrop to show how the different characters face mortality, in the end what matters most to them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
These Final Hours is my favorite.

I theorize they didn't let it into the US because they planned to make a version based here.

@Bama-Shooter

I bet it is stuck in development hell, but looks like the American Remake was supposed to be a series (like they did with Taken) and from the synopsis, it doesn't sound interesting at all.

These Final Hours, set after a world-ending meteor strike, follows three siblings in the San Francisco Bay Area as they race to get to their estranged father's bomb shelter that can withstand the end of days. The series tackles the question of not only what would you do, but how would you want to remember yourself if the world was ending.

Leave it to hollyweird to fuck up a perfectly good story line.

What I loved about the movie is it sets itself apart from other disaster films, by making it clear from the beginning there is no stopping it. There aren't space cowboys coming to save the day. The disaster isn't the focus, and as far as I remember they don't even specifically say what caused it. It's just a backdrop to show how the different characters face mortality, in the end what matters most to them.

My fav part of These Final Hours is:

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:08:56 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Every helpful person in their journey to safety was a woman / black / latino / gay / etc.  
View Quote

Yup. Subtle but effective conditioning. It's what Hollywood does.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:12:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

Well at least the pilots to Greenland were white
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:13:53 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

LOL probably because they used up all their minorities by then.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:22:30 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:28:33 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
It was sad at the end when everyone died.

View Quote

The world broke in half, right?  So sad.  
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:36:36 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Well Morena Baccarin is most definitely their ticket in then. I'd hold a C-5 Galaxy on the runway just for her.
View Quote

She's a whore.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 2:59:35 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

She's a whore.
View Quote

I didn't have a favorable impression of her when we were working with her. She wasn't rude or anything. She was polite, but everyone else was super nice and mingled and bullshitted with us and the regular crew. She did not. She was "aloof."
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:03:09 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
We'll see how long it takes to get to AP or one of the other streaming services.

For once, I'd like to see somewhere else in the world besides the US get hit. At least by the first one...........

View Quote

I think Greenland is the location of the bunker, not where the comet frags hit.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 3:22:24 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:10:07 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

She's a whore.
View Quote

Yup.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:15:08 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

I didn't have a favorable impression of her when we were working with her. She wasn't rude or anything. She was polite, but everyone else was super nice and mingled and bullshitted with us and the regular crew. She did not. She was "aloof."
View Quote

Wait, wut???  Hold on, pump the brakes, back the fuck up!!!

You got to be near Morena Baccarin???  Did you smell her?  Was it heavenly?  Ambrosia???

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:19:31 PM EDT
[#23]
Good movie.  Watched it last night.

As an aside, theres some additional research that can be done on Morena Baccarin for those interested.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:27:18 PM EDT
[#24]
Watched Greenland last night.

It was okay. Predictable, stressful at parts, but otherwise okay.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 4:53:16 PM EDT
[#25]
I can't find it on my Amazon Prime, where are you seeing it?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:18:25 PM EDT
[#26]
What did you guys think of "San Andreas"?  At least as far as graphics and effects?
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 5:25:48 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
What did you guys think of "San Andreas"?  At least as far as graphics and effects?
View Quote
I liked the "rolling earth' scenes. And, what's her name's tits were fabulous.

"San Andreas" has one of my all-time favorite "unintentionally hilarious" scenes in it.  
The Rock is flying in a helicopter with his wife, when it crashes into a store. As they're escaping from the wreckage, he gets covered in gasoline.
As they're leaving the store, he snags some clothes off a rack to change into... and they fit. Perfectly.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:08:48 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Dont want to stream from Russia or Haji bullshit websites I want to watch it on my tv like a normal person.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 8:10:40 PM EDT
[#29]
As a pilot, I facepalmed a few times while watching it. But overall, it was pretty entertaining.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:12:44 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

And why was the car there?  And the keys?  And why didn't he rifle the shelves, closets, cabinets for food or containers for water?  Or knives?  Or medical supplies?  Or clean underwear?  Or socks?  Or take a shower since the water and electricity were still on?  No.  He drank a glass of water and washed his hands then left.
View Quote
Well there was the whole thing about finding his family.

I swear some of you would bitch about a free sandwich.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:23:24 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

This thread is almost as bad as the election thread.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:30:38 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

If this happen under a Biden admin, gays, trans, lesbians, and the homeless will get 1st crack at the lotto.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Im guessing the survival bunker was only letting in useful people. Doctors, engineers, mechanics, breeding age females...etc.... Prob no basket weaving / womenz studies / diversity degree holders. Or grandmas .

What if we just made them all think it was happening and then lock them underground and fix everything.

And dont ever let them out.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:33:20 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Do you guys ever actually watch movies or do you simply look for angles you dont like?

Really, the car full of mexicans was the only thing that really seemed out of place.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:36:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well there are a lot of parallels considering there was a link to the movie on page one that some people cant seem to find.
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 10:38:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote

same. wanted to watch it tonight...
Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:13:30 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File

Link Posted: 12/3/2020 11:25:51 PM EDT
[#37]
The retarded movie critics on here need to smoke some weed or get a frying pan impact to the head.

Looks like a good movie and I will see it when available. Same for Dune which I have been waiting for a long time.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:13:07 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

Wait, wut???  Hold on, pump the brakes, back the fuck up!!!

You got to be near Morena Baccarin???  Did you smell her?  Was it heavenly?  Ambrosia???

View Quote

Well, I got to work on the movie, so yeah. I even touched her hand helping her up a few times.
She's on my all-time hot list, but she didn't put out a friendly vibe. Everyone else was surprisingly normal and down to earth, from the director on down.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:15:24 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
As a pilot, I facepalmed a few times while watching it. But overall, it was pretty entertaining.
View Quote

Interesting trivia: the actors playing the pilots basically re-wrote the engine relight scene because the aircraft people said the dialogue was BS. Not sure how much of that made it into the film. Haven't seen it yet.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:17:51 AM EDT
[#40]
Vick this movie freaked me out.........great flick
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:29:19 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Well, I got to work on the movie, so yeah. I even touched her hand helping her up a few times.
She's on my all-time hot list, but she didn't put out a friendly vibe. Everyone else was surprisingly normal and down to earth, from the director on down.
View Quote

What's Gerard Butler like, is he a cool dude? Is that his actual accent in the movie and IRL?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 1:34:53 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

What's Gerard Butler like, is he a cool dude? Is that his actual accent in the movie and IRL?
View Quote

He was super cool. Chatted with him at the cafeteria and he found me a day later and asked me if I wanted a pic with him by my little area. His accent has faded since the 300 days, but he definitely put on a flatter accent for the film.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:05:18 AM EDT
[#43]

Watched that about a month or so ago on Prime or Netflix. Don't remember which one. Was pretty damn good. I was surprised.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:10:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View Quote

That was a weird ass movie.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 10:42:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You don't need a huge budget or lots of CGI is you have a good story.
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:07:17 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Well there was the whole thing about finding his family.

I swear some of you would bitch about a free sandwich.
View Quote

It all depends, is the crust cut off?  Is the mustard spread from edge to edge or just plopped in the middle?  Is it cut diagonally or just in half?
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 11:08:05 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

We get the coolest people here!
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:07:32 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Interesting trivia: the actors playing the pilots basically re-wrote the engine relight scene because the aircraft people said the dialogue was BS. Not sure how much of that made it into the film. Haven't seen it yet.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Of all the things in the movie, I thought the scene with the pilots was unusual because of interesting details they added.  Ony because of real pilots input would they add some of the stuff they added.

Click To View Spoiler
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:11:22 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Of all the things in the movie, I thought the scene with the pilots was unusual because of interesting details they added.  Ony because of real pilots input would they add some of the stuff they added.

Click To View Spoiler
View Quote

The flying scenes in 2012 were more realistic
Link Posted: 12/4/2020 2:13:32 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
That's what I'm trying to figure out. Dont want to stream from Russia or Haji bullshit websites I want to watch it on my tv like a normal person.
View Quote

Then you will have to wait till it hits prime in the U.S.
It was released overseas and has not officially got here yet. Amazon is probably holding it to release for Christmas.
There may be a way to use a vpn set for a euro country where it is being shown.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top