Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:42:16 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/5/23/12/enhanced-buzz-29027-1369327766-21.jpg

Yong Rand Paul on a bicycle with Ron Paul.

Even his picture--in his young days--reeks of FREEDOM.

Rand Paul
The prodigal son
Democrats' enemy number one

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q478/brosuperman/DSC03688.jpg

Chicken wing.  And:

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:44:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

What has he done?  Talk is cheap.  People like Walker have a proven and demonstrable record. Rand is just another proselytizing Senator. After Obama, I am a tad soured on Senators as candidates.
View Quote

I've no issue with Walker. I just like Rand Paul a bit better but Walker would do. The main thing is neither of them are lawyers.

There is something to be said for a man that got out and worked for a living.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:44:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
From 2007 until 2012, only two men won the CPAC straw poll.

Mitt Romney and Ron Paul.

So what does it tell us, exactly?
View Quote

It's 50% bullshit?

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:45:25 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

Chicken wing.  And:

http://i.imgur.com/bZs8kJt.jpg
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
http://s3-ec.buzzfed.com/static/enhanced/webdr06/2013/5/23/12/enhanced-buzz-29027-1369327766-21.jpg

Rand Paul
The prodigal son

http://i351.photobucket.com/albums/q478/brosuperman/DSC03688.jpg

Chicken wing.  And:

http://i.imgur.com/bZs8kJt.jpg

You would post a Tec-9 pic.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:48:26 PM EDT
[#5]
and his dad won a couple times to. Neither of them are electable, they are both crazy rand just hides it better
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:50:43 PM EDT
[#6]
Let the butt hurt flow against Rand by the old guard.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:51:04 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
McCain-Romney 2016

Jeb for Speaker

Rubio For Senate Leader
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:55:53 PM EDT
[#8]
Martinez/Rice 2016
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:57:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I've no issue with Walker. I just like Rand Paul a bit better but Walker would do. The main thing is neither of them are lawyers.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What has he done?  Talk is cheap.  People like Walker have a proven and demonstrable record. Rand is just another proselytizing Senator. After Obama, I am a tad soured on Senators as candidates.

Well I can agree with that.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 8:57:14 PM EDT
[#10]
Rand will probably pull a shit load of Center and Center/Left voters, many of whom have started pursuing libertarian ways of thinking.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:06:19 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
McCain-Romney 2016

Jeb for Speaker

Rubio For Senate Leader

Yeah Jeb for Speaker.  

We need to push back.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:08:26 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
and his dad won a couple times to. Neither of them are electable, they are both crazy rand just hides it better
View Quote

In Rand Paul's case it's not crazy as both the RINOs and Dems are afraid of him gaining a foothold. He always does very well (#1) against Hillary than any of the other hopefuls in head to head polls so far.

Rand Paul has the capability to pull votes away from the Dems because he is not polarizing like Cruz and Walker. Cruz and Walker are who Dems say will come and get their kids if they don't go to sleep.

The sad part is the moneyed class of the GOP will not back either Paul or Walker so Bush or some other fucking RINO loses in a landslide.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:11:42 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:
In Rand Paul's case it's not crazy as both the RINOs and Dems are afraid of him gaining a foothold. He always does very well (#1) against Hillary than any of the other hopefuls in head to head polls so far.

Rand Paul has the capability to pull votes away from the Dems because he is not polarizing like Cruz and Walker. Cruz and Walker are who Dems say will come and get their kids if they don't go to sleep.

The sad part is the moneyed class of the GOP will not back either Paul or Walker so Bush or some other fucking RINO loses in a landslide.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

You hit the nail on the head.

Rand will get the Indy / libertarian vote needed to win.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:12:02 PM EDT
[#14]
Walker FTW
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:17:10 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Walker FTW
View Quote

So far he is my choice, need to learn more about him though.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:17:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

Will be between Bush, Rubio, Fiorina, fat bastard and a ham sandwich.
Ham Sandwich 2016 !!!!

The only thing that hurts Paul's credibility in my mind was him out running his mouth about the "injustice" in Ferguson (sp) over the Michael Brown shooting.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:20:11 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Rand Paul does very well in the "swing states" in the head to head polls and that is where you need the votes. The solid red states would vote for a potato if it had R out from it on the ballot. Those states are not in play.

The electoral math is against the GOP big time but they still won't back a hopeful that can win swing states.....That's just retarded.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:21:39 PM EDT
[#18]

Quoted:
Rand Paul does very well in the "swing states" in the head to head polls and that is where you need the votes. The solid red states would vote for a potato if it had R out from it on the ballot. Those states are not in play.

The electoral math is against the GOP big time but they still won't back a hopeful that can win swing states.....That's just retarded.

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

That's the ruling class and their minions.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:24:03 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Fat Bastard and Sanatorium beating out Rick Perry was a big surprise.

Looks like Perry is going the way of Howard Dean.
View Quote

I was also surprised by that. I though Perry sounded good in the interview.  I'd guess his legal problems may have influenced some to think he was unelectable - certainly a rock for Dems to beat him with.

That said, I don't think he's comparable to Howard Dean.  Dean is flat out crazy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:27:25 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

I was also surprised by that. I though Perry sounded good in the interview.  I'd guess his legal problems may have influenced some to think he was unelectable - certainly a rock for Dems to beat him with.

That said, I don't think he's comparable to Howard Dean.  Dean is flat out crazy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Fat Bastard and Sanatorium beating out Rick Perry was a big surprise.

Looks like Perry is going the way of Howard Dean.

I'm talking about both of their very public missteps. Dean yelling like a crazy person and Perry forgetting during the debate.

I thought Perry's CPAC speech was very strong.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:32:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I can live with any of the top three on that poll.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:40:38 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Rand Paul
The prodigal son
View Quote

That photo is great. Does Ron Paul have headphones in?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:Don't get me wrong, I like what Scott Walker has going on here in Wisconsin, but the only way a prototypical white male upper crust Republican is going to stand a chance in the next presidential election is if the Democrats also run a prototypical white male upper crust Democrat.  You can rest assured the Democrats know running a female or non-white is the ticket to winning in 2016, and if they do and the Republicans don't, guaranteed four additional years of Democrats controlling the White House.
View Quote

enough with the racist bullshit. There are demographic shifts in the nation, but the idea that 'white people' can't win elections anymore is moronic. Have you seen a picture of the members of the Senate recently? Check it out, then come back here and tell us ALL about how white people can't win. :rolleyes:

At any rate, getting back to serious discussion, Cruz is my #1 pick...followed by Jindal/Paul/Walker. Any of those 4 would be great IMO. What would NOT be great is another GD RINO. I've fucking had it with the Bush's / McCains / Romneys / Christies of the world. These losers are NOT going to win pretending to be "Democrat Lite". It's time for a real conservative. The idea that we need to nominate a RINO in order to have a chance is dead/gone. We tried that with McCain, we tried it with Romney. It FAILED. We need to go more conservative, not less.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:46:14 PM EDT
[#24]
Rand Paul is the only candidate that will draw in young voters from all parties.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:48:23 PM EDT
[#25]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Yup...most indies will line up well with libertarian beliefs. He'd grab ones that look mostly at social issues (stupid way to vote anyway on the federal level) and would obviously pull the libertarians.

Cruz I'm skeptical of...his personality will scream of obama if you truly look at him. He's just on the right side of things, instead.

I like what I've seen from Walker as gov.

Would happily go along with a Walker/Rand ticket...in any order.

Just please, for the love of God, don't put up Bush or Christie.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:49:21 PM EDT
[#26]
Effing Ronulans
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:49:40 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Pretty much this.

Ham Sandwich 2016 !!!!

The only thing that hurts Paul's credibility in my mind was him out running his mouth about the "injustice" in Ferguson (sp) over the Michael Brown shooting.
View Quote
Eh...the segment that would hurt him in wouldn't vote for anyone with an R next to their name anyway...

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 9:58:28 PM EDT
[#28]
Mike Rowe  2016
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:00:40 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I like his ideas, but he's never run shit, never been an executive. I think he'd be a mistake, put him on as a VP or something.
View Quote

Because the people who have run shot we keep putting in office have done a wonderful job!!!!! Continue the status quo for the good of democracy
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:01:55 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
I can live with any of the top three on that poll.

View Quote

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:05:12 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Eh...the segment that would hurt him in wouldn't vote for anyone with an R next to their name anyway...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Pretty much this.

Ham Sandwich 2016 !!!!

True.
If anything it would gain him some votes amongst the more libertarian minded within the Occupy movement, Code Pink etc.

What I was saying is that it hurt his creditability somewhat in my mind. Kind of shades of the unpalatable aspects of his dad peeking through.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:07:03 PM EDT
[#32]
He's not my favorite. He's not perfect.

But if he's there in the general I'll break the lever voting for him.

We can't expect perfection but I'll pull a hammy voting for anyone who is for smaller government and realizes Obama and those who support him are enemies of this nation.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:21:00 PM EDT
[#33]
Rand is a doper. A libertardian who will probably be worse than Obama. I sure hope baby Jesus shines down on this country and shows everyone that Jeb is the way to salvation.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:22:43 PM EDT
[#34]
That poll and $1.50 will get him a cup of coffee.

I like him, but the overwhelming number of voters in this country are either morons or members of the FSA and none of them even know his name.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:24:11 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Rand is a doper. A libertardian who will probably be worse than Obama. I sure hope baby Jesus shines down on this country and shows everyone that Jeb is the way to salvation.
View Quote

What the hell are you smoking? DU whackyshit?
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:26:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I hope this is a sick joke ???  A war mongering Neo-Con and a RINO, both establishment hacks owned by the military industrial complex and criminal banksters.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
McCain-Romney 2016

Jeb for Speaker

Rubio For Senate Leader

I hope this is a sick joke ???  A war mongering Neo-Con and a RINO, both establishment hacks owned by the military industrial complex and criminal banksters.

Okay I don't like this ticket, but.... uh.... your comments are fucking out there dude.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:28:04 PM EDT
[#37]
Rand Paul.

Likeable person.

Good voting record.

Filibuster on US Drone use.

Known to fight for adherence to the Constitution.

Could probably get the young vote.  

Could probably get the disenfranchised left-wing voters (seen many Obama bumper stickers lately?).

Hated.  

Mostly by Republicans.

You can't make it up.  It's no wonder we never win.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:34:55 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This country is full of immoral drug addicts and atheist. The only people who like Rand are pot heads and closet liberal simpathizers. Real men like Romney and Jeb Bush are the only ones that can save us from ourselves.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:36:28 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Paul graduated medical school from Duke and worked in private practice for 20 years before being elected to the senate.  Multiple other people on the list worked in government for their entire careers.  I'm having a difficult time getting excited about yet another career politician.

Rand Paul or Ted Cruz is the correct answer; the rest don't interest me at all.  Coincidentally (or not), it seems Paul and Cruz are the only two names who the Republican establishment finds absolutely unacceptable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I like his ideas, but he's never run shit, never been an executive. I think he'd be a mistake, put him on as a VP or something.

Paul graduated medical school from Duke and worked in private practice for 20 years before being elected to the senate.  Multiple other people on the list worked in government for their entire careers.  I'm having a difficult time getting excited about yet another career politician.

Rand Paul or Ted Cruz is the correct answer; the rest don't interest me at all.  Coincidentally (or not), it seems Paul and Cruz are the only two names who the Republican establishment finds absolutely unacceptable.

This
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:43:23 PM EDT
[#40]

Quoted:

This country is full of immoral drug addicts and atheist. The only people who like Rand are pot heads and closet liberal simpathizers. Real men like Romney and Jeb Bush are the only ones that can save us from ourselves.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Waiting for NorCal.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:46:08 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Okay I don't like this ticket, but.... uh.... your comments are fucking out there dude.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
McCain-Romney 2016

Jeb for Speaker

Rubio For Senate Leader

Yep. Everyone knows the real threat is from the industrial-industrial complex.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 10:57:42 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Rand Paul.

Likeable person.
Good voting record.
Could probably get the disenfranchised left-wing voters (seen many Obama bumper stickers lately?).

Hated.  

Mostly by Republicans.

View Quote

I'd vote for Rand, but he won't win vs. the first female POTUS.  We can either nut up and beat the Dems to the historic election punch or continue losing elections with conventional GOP strategy.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:05:15 PM EDT
[#43]
He did well at Koch bros Freedom Forum contrary to alinsky leftys at politico.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:06:19 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I'd vote for Rand, but he won't win vs. the first female POTUS.  We can either nut up and beat the Dems to the historic election punch or continue losing elections with conventional GOP strategy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rand Paul.

Likeable person.
Good voting record.

Hated.  

Mostly by Republicans.

Of the GOP spread Rand does the best against Hillary. Put them head to head in a debate and he'll close that gap too.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:14:14 PM EDT
[#45]

Quoted:

View Quote
He's was a doctor, not a businessman.  But he did start his own practice so that makes him a executive at something.

Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:18:16 PM EDT
[#46]
Top 3 FTW!!!   Too bad the GOP establishment will do EVERYTHING in their power to keep the top 3 out of the EH
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:22:58 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
The Ron Paul contingent still has a dream
View Quote

Yes they do.

For a Paul to win every single Internet poll in the known universe and then to boast about it....................................on the Internet.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:38:48 PM EDT
[#48]
Now if only he can get GD approval
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:44:03 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Of the GOP spread Rand does the best against Hillary. Put them head to head in a debate and he'll close that gap too.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rand Paul.

Likeable person.
Good voting record.

Hated.  

Mostly by Republicans.

Not enough.  We need a piece of the female and Hispanic voting blocks to counter all the first time female voters that will turn out for Hildabeast/Warren.
Link Posted: 2/28/2015 11:45:56 PM EDT
[#50]
The man has integrity to the US. He has my support.
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top