Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:57:00 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Oh yes they would, that is the part of Houston that picked up a lot of the Katrina specials from New Orleans. Its bad and they dont give a shit about daylight or not....

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rule 1. Never go to the secondary crime scene. Ever. If all they want is money etc...they can get it right where you are.

Rule 2. Don't start a damn gunfight in the middle of your family when someone has the drop on you over the $20 in your wallet.

Rule 1 trumps rule 2 of course, that's why it's Rule 1...... But... if the wallet gets the guy out of the car without exchange of gunfire, you won.

Noone is getting into a gun fight over 20 dollars. Besides, who carries cash any more?  You get into a gun fight because some asshole pulled a gun on your family and God knows how far he is willing to go.

Oh yes they would, that is the part of Houston that picked up a lot of the Katrina specials from New Orleans. Its bad and they dont give a shit about daylight or not....

Crack heads and FSA? Sure maybe. I doubt you find any one on this board who would honestly get into a gun fight over 20 dollars.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 5:57:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Very bad area.  

Bad guy called the play when he got inside the vehicle, he could stick me up from outside the window.  The father saved his wife, his child and other potential victims(and there are past victims I'd bet), good shoot.

Hking
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:01:48 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

That is a stupid feature.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
As someone else has stated.  Some cars automatically unlock the moment you put the car into park.

That is a stupid feature.

When you got kids it makes it easy. you can enable or disable if you wish.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:01:59 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

If thats what it takes to make sure my baby girl grows old then so be it. I would give my life come back and give it again if necessary.  My life is nothing compared to hers. Would i prefer to live? Hell yea!!!! but if it was this guy might be happy with my wallet or he may be happy raping my wife and daughter in front of me before he murders us.. I am not rolling the dice he is just a nice guy.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but preferably not at the expense of your own life. If I had to choose between me and a robber both dying or me and a robber both living I'd choose the latter. I don't feel like my life is worth trading for that of some scumbag. I would kill his ass in a heartbeat as soon as he turned his back or got distracted, but I wouldn't try to draw on some motherfucker who already had a gun in my face unless I was CERTAIN that I was going to die whether I drew my weapon or not. It's a shitty situation and it IS a gamble, I know, but I really think waiting for an opportunity to present a weapon would have been a better choice.

If thats what it takes to make sure my baby girl grows old then so be it. I would give my life come back and give it again if necessary.  My life is nothing compared to hers. Would i prefer to live? Hell yea!!!! but if it was this guy might be happy with my wallet or he may be happy raping my wife and daughter in front of me before he murders us.. I am not rolling the dice he is just a nice guy.

That's not the point of what I'm saying. I would give my life for ANY of my immediate family members if they were in danger. My point is that yeah, the robber may have shot him after he took the goods, but honestly we all know that's PROBABLY not what would have happened. There's just no sense in throwing yourself on a grenade once someone has the drop on you. The perp most likely would have turned his back and high-tailed it after he got the cash. I know that SOMETIMES that doesn't happen, but I personally would have waited for that opportunity so that I didn't put my family at risk and THEN I would have corked the scumbag.

You can't make sure your baby girl grows old when you're sitting dead at the wheel and the pissed off perp you failed to kill is coming back to erase the witnesses after you just turned a robbery into a murder because you didn't assess the situation.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:03:37 PM EDT
[#5]
Why is it always XXX Block.

Is it a southern thing that areas are frequently called blocks. Or is it that most of the time shitty areas happen to be blocks.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:08:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Criticize all you like, arm chair quarterback till you're blue in the face.  

This man decided that it was time to fight, he was there, not you.  He made that decision based on the info he had at his disposal at that time.  A lot of people here seem to be guessing with all their might about the circumstances in that car.  

The mad died a warrior, defending his wife and daughter, there is no dishonor in this.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:11:18 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Crack heads and FSA? Sure maybe. I doubt you find any one on this board who would honestly get into a gun fight over 20 dollars.
View Quote

I'm not fighting them for the $ amount, I'm stopping the threat that is presenting "fear of serious bodily injury or death". Doesn't matter if all I have on me is one penny and a CCW.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:15:29 PM EDT
[#8]

Quoted:

As a dad, if that's the way I have to go out, I'll die a proud man.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:19:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
As a dad, if that's the way I have to go out, I'll die a proud man.
View Quote

Yep. I pray it doesn't come to that and also that if it does I can effectively defend my family.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:21:53 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Why is it always XXX Block.

Is it a southern thing that areas are frequently called blocks. Or is it that most of the time shitty areas happen to be blocks.
View Quote

They give block numbers instead of  the actual address. 1600 block Shitbird lane instead of say, 1672 Shitbird lane.  I guess the news does it to cover their ass or they are just too lazy to look it up.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:44:01 PM EDT
[#11]
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:49:38 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

That's not the point of what I'm saying. I would give my life for ANY of my immediate family members if they were in danger. My point is that yeah, the robber may have shot him after he took the goods, but honestly we all know that's PROBABLY not what would have happened. There's just no sense in throwing yourself on a grenade once someone has the drop on you. The perp most likely would have turned his back and high-tailed it after he got the cash. I know that SOMETIMES that doesn't happen, but I personally would have waited for that opportunity so that I didn't put my family at risk and THEN I would have corked the scumbag.

You can't make sure your baby girl grows old when you're sitting dead at the wheel and the pissed off perp you failed to kill is coming back to erase the witnesses after you just turned a robbery into a murder because you didn't assess the situation.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, but preferably not at the expense of your own life. If I had to choose between me and a robber both dying or me and a robber both living I'd choose the latter. I don't feel like my life is worth trading for that of some scumbag. I would kill his ass in a heartbeat as soon as he turned his back or got distracted, but I wouldn't try to draw on some motherfucker who already had a gun in my face unless I was CERTAIN that I was going to die whether I drew my weapon or not. It's a shitty situation and it IS a gamble, I know, but I really think waiting for an opportunity to present a weapon would have been a better choice.

and you may only get one chance to save your families life. Some will roll the dice and hope for the best. Some will take action.

me personally? If someone gets INTO my car with a gun they are doing a bit more than just asking for my wallet and watch.  At the first chance its a gun fight.  If i pay with my life then so be it.

and trust me, while i am emptying my mag the Mrs is pulling hers to clean up any mess i missed.

Then again maybe you advise the women in your life to listen to the anti gunners and just pee her self if someone tries to rape her. I was taught to fight back and to fight with everything you have because you may not get a second chance.

You got to do what you think is best for you and i think you and I disagree on what that course of action is.  If i die defending my family then Valhalla awaits me and i would not want any one to shed a tear over it, knowing i died defending those i loved.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 6:51:05 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I'm not fighting them for the $ amount, I'm stopping the threat that is presenting "fear of serious bodily injury or death". Doesn't matter if all I have on me is one penny and a CCW.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

exactly. its not the monetary value. its the guy with a gun who may or may not try to rape and murder you and your wife and children and maybe not in that order. FUCK THAT..
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:14:14 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

and you may only get one chance to save your families life. Some will roll the dice and hope for the best. Some will take action.

me personally? If someone gets INTO my car with a gun they are doing a bit more than just asking for my wallet and watch.  At the first chance its a gun fight.  If i pay with my life then so be it.

and trust me, while i am emptying my mag the Mrs is pulling hers to clean up any mess i missed.

Then again maybe you advise the women in your life to listen to the anti gunners and just pee her self if someone tries to rape her. I was taught to fight back and to fight with everything you have because you may not get a second chance.

You got to do what you think is best for you and i think you and I disagree on what that course of action is.  If i die defending my family then Valhalla awaits me and i would not want any one to shed a tear over it, knowing i died defending those i loved.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Taking action is rolling the dice when someone has a gun in your fucking face. It's rolling dice against the house. Not only that, taking action when you have a gun in your face and your wife and child right next to you is rolling the dice with THEIR LIVES too. I was taught to fight too and I have fought from the school bus to Iraq. I was also taught not to be a fucking idiot and put people around me at risk. Using your head and a tactical mindset to stay alive and keep your family alive isn't cowardly. I'd rather talk my way out of a situation than shoot my way out when I am at a severe disadvantage because of poor situational awareness.

It's not defending your family if you pulling out a gun just got you AND your family killed. I doubt that guy's wife is sitting around thinking about how glad she is that he died honorably while escalating a robbery into a point-blank and unwinnable gunfight.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:18:36 PM EDT
[#15]
Never negotiate.  The answer is always swift and brutal violence.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:34:03 PM EDT
[#16]
This is what I worry about with auto unlocking doors.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:45:44 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

It's not defending your family if you pulling out a gun just got you AND your family killed. I doubt that guy's wife is sitting around thinking about how glad she is that he died honorably while escalating a robbery into a point-blank and unwinnable gunfight.
View Quote

Maybe it is.  Maybe there are times it's better that they die right there rather than later.

You're not always going to get handed filet mignon.  If someone steps into your car with a gun on you, they've already handed you the biggest shit sandwich you'll ever have to take a bite of.  

I wasn't there.  I don't know how it went down.  But the guy GOT IN THE BACKSEAT WITH THE GUY'S DAUGHTER.  That's pretty atypical for a robbery.  It's quite possible the events that took place were as good as it was going to get.  Guns aren't a talisman.  If you get in a gunfight, you're probably going to get shot.  You might die.  Perhaps that was the only thing that kept his daughter and wife alive.  If so, he earned his place in Valhalla.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:46:10 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
The Dad did the rest of us a favor.
View Quote

This.
RIP Dad.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:47:01 PM EDT
[#19]
Poor guy was just buying his family ice cream when the hood rat attacked.

The suspect's identity hasn't been released. Police say a black male in a Dodge Charger drove away from the scene. If you have any information you are urged to call 713.222.TIPS.
View Quote

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 7:47:46 PM EDT
[#20]
keep the fucking doors locked and pay attention to people approaching the car. Sad but at least the bad guy did not get away.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:03:13 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Maybe it is.  Maybe there are times it's better that they die right there rather than later.

You're not always going to get handed filet mignon.  If someone steps into your car with a gun on you, they've already handed you the biggest shit sandwich you'll ever have to take a bite of.  

I wasn't there.  I don't know how it went down.  But the guy GOT IN THE BACKSEAT WITH THE GUY'S DAUGHTER.  That's pretty atypical for a robbery.  It's quite possible the events that took place were as good as it was going to get.  Guns aren't a talisman.  If you get in a gunfight, you're probably going to get shot.  You might die.  Perhaps that was the only thing that kept his daughter and wife alive.  If so, he earned his place in Valhalla.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Atypical? Happens all the time, only difference is there was a passenger so he had to get in the back instead of the front. A car provides concealment while doing a robbery. I know it's not an ideal situation, I know the whole thing sucks, but that doesn't mean that there wasn't a better way to do things. I respect that he fought and died to protect his family, I just don't think that people should automatically jump to "He did the right thing". Being emotional in a gunfight will get you nowhere, and it won't get you anywhere when you study them and try to understand them to help yourself in the future either.

It's over and it ended how it did, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have ended much better. I would kill without compunction and die without hesitation if it meant defending my family, but I'd like to be able to be around the next time they need to be defended and put them in as little danger as possible in an already-shitty situation, that's all I'm saying.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:08:01 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Criticize all you like, arm chair quarterback till you're blue in the face.  

This man decided that it was time to fight, he was there, not you.  He made that decision based on the info he had at his disposal at that time.  A lot of people here seem to be guessing with all their might about the circumstances in that car.  

The mad died a warrior, defending his wife and daughter, there is no dishonor in this.
View Quote

I haven't really read any comments here suggesting otherwise, just some personal reflections on what we all may or may not have done in that situation.

Can any of say with certainty that we are fully prepared for an event such as that? I doubt it. It probably all went down so fast.
It doesn't hurt to "arm chair quarterback" though. It allows us all to a chance to really think about a scenario we've never, and hopefully never will, encounter.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:34:32 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Atypical? Happens all the time, only difference is there was a passenger so he had to get in the back instead of the front. A car provides concealment while doing a robbery. I know it's not an ideal situation, I know the whole thing sucks, but that doesn't mean that there wasn't a better way to do things. I respect that he fought and died to protect his family, I just don't think that people should automatically jump to "He did the right thing". Being emotional in a gunfight will get you nowhere, and it won't get you anywhere when you study them and try to understand them to help yourself in the future either.

It's over and it ended how it did, but that doesn't mean it couldn't have ended much better. I would kill without compunction and die without hesitation if it meant defending my family, but I'd like to be able to be around the next time they need to be defended and put them in as little danger as possible in an already-shitty situation, that's all I'm saying.
View Quote

I was saying it was atypical to commit a robbery from the backseat of a car with a child in it.  Maybe it's not atypical.  I don't 'hood rat' much, so...  

And I agree 100%.  There MIGHT have been a better way to handle it.  The way it went down might also have been the best way to handle it.  I don't think anyone has jumped to 'he did the right thing', but rather jumped to 'if that was the best case scenario, that sucks, but he did what he had to do".

Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:40:46 PM EDT
[#24]
however brave the man is, the action is not the one i would take
give the bad guy money first, yes there's a very small chance the guy will shoot them after getting the money, lets say 5%
but the man pull the gun and start shooting has higher chance to get himself and his family killed, i would say 60% given the bad guy already pointed the gun at him
so the choice should be obvious.
people who think he should fight fail to realize it is more likely to get his family killed instead of protecting them, and unfortunately the result proves it, he died, while his family have PTSD and other issues that may haunt them for life
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 8:54:11 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
however brave the man is, the action is not the one i would take
give the bad guy money first, yes there's a very small chance the guy will shoot them after getting the money, lets say 5%
but the man pull the gun and start shooting has higher chance to get himself and his family killed, i would say 60% given the bad guy already pointed the gun at him
so the choice should be obvious.
people who think he should fight fail to realize it is more likely to get his family killed instead of protecting them, and unfortunately the result proves it, he died, while his family have PTSD and other issues that may haunt them for life
View Quote

Do you have information I don't?  I hadn't heard how exactly it went down yet.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:14:41 PM EDT
[#26]
Only time I point a gun at anyone is when I intend to kill them. I assume the same if someone points a gun at me.

Point one at me or mine and I assume it will be used and will do everything I can to kill you first.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:24:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Noone is getting into a gun fight over 20 dollars. Besides, who carries cash any more?  You get into a gun fight because some asshole pulled a gun on your family and God knows how far he is willing to go.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Rule 1. Never go to the secondary crime scene. Ever. If all they want is money etc...they can get it right where you are.

Rule 2. Don't start a damn gunfight in the middle of your family when someone has the drop on you over the $20 in your wallet.

Rule 1 trumps rule 2 of course, that's why it's Rule 1...... But... if the wallet gets the guy out of the car without exchange of gunfire, you won.

So you're a mind reader? People get killed for $20 or less damn near every day in this country.
Link Posted: 9/14/2015 10:30:32 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
Only time I point a gun at anyone is when I intend to kill them. I assume the same if someone points a gun at me.

Point one at me or mine and I assume it will be used and will do everything I can to kill you first.

View Quote

Are you in the armed robbery business? Don't assume everyone thinks like you do....they don't. If they did, they'd have a 9-5 job.....

There are hundreds of thousands of armed robberies in this country in a year. Not all of them end in someone being dead or shot. In fact, the VAST MAJORITY end up with someone losing a purse or wallet and nothing more serious. Play the odds.

Now, if you NEED to kill someone.....Get it done.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:39:57 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Pretty much this. The dad died doing what a husband/dad should do.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 5:51:18 AM EDT
[#30]
One of the occasions where an S&W500 would have been my choice.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 6:07:05 AM EDT
[#31]
Some people here need to realize that this isn't DU.

•you have no way of knowing that the thief wouldn't have still shot them

•you have no way of knowing if he had given the thief his money to buy some time

He died, and possibly saved his family.

He did his job as a father and husband.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 6:08:49 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
protected his family. I could only hope to die such a honorable death.
View Quote

well said!!!
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 6:22:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
That's crazy.

He did his job at a great cost, and I feel terrible for his wife and daughter.

View Quote

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 6:23:53 AM EDT
[#34]
How come I'm on brain detail?
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 6:51:04 AM EDT
[#35]
May the father RIP.
May the robber burn in hell.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 7:20:29 AM EDT
[#36]

https://www.facebook.com/Houston-Quemadas-chistes-y-desmadre-1593557430929569/timeline/?_rdr=p

(link left cold on purpose)

Looks like the husband's brother got there before the cops and paid his respects to the dead robber.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 8:29:35 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 8:33:35 AM EDT
[#38]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 8:51:44 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Fucking A, dude.

I want all you people who said fighting is the wrong move to tell me how you spot the difference between a dude who is using a gun to intimidate you just to get your wallet and a dude who is going to establish control and then use that control to do horrible shit to your family.

Anyone remember the Petits?

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Cheshire,_Connecticut,_home_invasion_murders

I bet if you could go back in time and give Mr. Petit the option to fight to the death to save his two daughters (17 and 11) from being brutally raped, tortured, and ultimately BURNED ALIVE that he'd do it in a heartbeat.

You have no fucking idea what kind of sick fuck you're dealing with when the gun gets stuck in your face. Betting that he's harmless is fucking stupid unless you have literally no other alternative. This man had an alternative and he used it. Good on him.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

•you have no way of knowing if he had given the thief his money to buy some time

Fucking A, dude.

I want all you people who said fighting is the wrong move to tell me how you spot the difference between a dude who is using a gun to intimidate you just to get your wallet and a dude who is going to establish control and then use that control to do horrible shit to your family.

I bet if you could go back in time and give Mr. Petit the option to fight to the death to save his two daughters (17 and 11) from being brutally raped, tortured, and ultimately BURNED ALIVE that he'd do it in a heartbeat.

You have no fucking idea what kind of sick fuck you're dealing with when the gun gets stuck in your face. Betting that he's harmless is fucking stupid unless you have literally no other alternative. This man had an alternative and he used it. Good on him.

Really depends on what the guy said etc....

If he says "Give me your money"....I give him the money. If he wants to restrain people and or have me drive somewhere- we got a gunfight. But if he just says, "Gimme your wallet"....he's getting a wallet..... They make new ones every fucking day.

Again, play the odds. How many robberies are there per day where NOONE is hurt vs. worst case scenario like the Petits'?...(Which btw, was a home invasion, specifically targeted, vs random "street crime").......Don't let them put you in a position where you CAN'T fight back....but going to guns right away isn't always the best option. Just because you HAVE a gun doesn't mean it's the right tool for the job.....

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 11:42:10 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Never trust your life to the moral recognizance of a man who sticks his gun in your face.

Those of you who said fighting was the wrong move are out in the fucking weeds. Plenty of perfectly cooperative victims get straight up executed. Letting an armed robber establish control over your whole family is a pretty bad defensive strategy. Tom Givens refers to three "forfeits" on the Rangemaster record...those were students who were unarmed when they were robbed. All three were perfectly cooperative with the robber. All three were executed anyway.

Sometimes you win, sometimes you lose. Them's the breaks. But he made goddamn sure that his wife and kid didn't end up having their brains spilled by that asshole because he killed that motherfucker deader than disco before he could be in a position to make that happen. Good on him.

Allowing a violent felon to establish control over your family is not going to be the preferred survival strategy, folks.
View Quote

It was by sheer luck or Divine intervention that his wife and child were not shot.

We're just "spit balling" here. We are all just commenting on a situation where none of us know exactly what happened. Maybe we'll find out more as the wife speaks out.

My only bone of contention is with those that think the correct course of action is to always go to guns.  It may or may not have been the best option.

http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/resistance-to-violent-crime-what-does-the-research-show

Even if an attacker is armed with a functioning, loaded firearm, he is often reluctant to use it.  Criminals fear getting caught by the police and know that gunshots are surefire ways of attracting police attention.  Those criminals whose brains aren’t too clouded by alcohol or drugs may also be cognizant of the fact that they are likely to serve a longer prison sentence if they injure or kill another person in the course of their crime. Overall, fewer than one percent of violent crimes result in a gunshot injury. Most often, criminals use a firearm as a blunt object, striking the victim with it instead of shooting (4).  Even if you evaluate only violent crimes committed by attackers armed with a firearm, only 4.6% of victims were actually shot (5). - See more at: http://www.activeresponsetraining.net/resistance-to-violent-crime-what-does-the-research-show#sthash.62FzHhC0.dpuf

As others have mentioned, you play the odds…… up until you have no other options.

The violent felon in this case ALREADY established control over the family.  The question is what is the best option to insure your families safety.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 12:58:23 PM EDT
[#41]
Video from the scene. Pretty crazy. Some other unknown individual is face stomping the the would-be robber. Makes me wonder a bit about what really happened.

NSFW

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 12:59:09 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Video from the scene. Pretty crazy. Some other unknown individual is face stomping the the would-be robber. Makes me wonder a bit about what really happened.

NSFW

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5a6_1442304922

View Quote

Not unknown. BROTHER of the deceased good guy.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:05:19 PM EDT
[#43]
I don't know the husband / Father .   I don't care what his background may have been.  But he did the right thing .  

I hope I'd do the same .

gd
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:10:15 PM EDT
[#44]
Are the BLM idiots rioting yet?  I heard it wasn't a robbery and was just a "white privilege redistribution".
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:21:05 PM EDT
[#45]
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 1:57:16 PM EDT
[#46]
If you search a bit you can read more of what ACTUALLY happened (coming from the wife).

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/09/14/widow-speaks-out--losing-husband--deadly-shooting/72269964/

****Precella was in the car with her common law husband, Eddie Alaniz, 26, and their 2-year-old daughter when a gunman walked up and got into the rear passenger seat.

"And he said, 'Give me everything you got!' and moves the gun to my neck and he says, 'Don't forget that I have one in the chamber'," Precella said.

Precella says Alaniz handed over money, but then there was a struggle, and Alaniz grabbed a gun they owned. Shots were fired right next to the toddler.

"She was asleep at first and then, like, the shots started firing, she started crying and screaming I was able to get out of the front seat but I couldn't get to the back," Precella said through tears.****

Apparently the kid was in the backseat driver's side.  Wife up front in passenger seat.  Father driving.  Guy held the gun on the woman's neck (assuming from behind since he was sitting behind her).  Guy handed over money, struggled, and firefight ensued.

Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:09:08 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

If he says "Give me your money"....I give him the money. If he wants to restrain people and or have me drive somewhere- we got a gunfight. But if he just says, "Gimme your wallet"....he's getting a wallet..... They make new ones every fucking day.

Again, play the odds. How many robberies are there per day where NOONE is hurt vs. worst case scenario like the Petits'?...(Which btw, was a home invasion, specifically targeted, vs random "street crime").......Don't let them put you in a position where you CAN'T fight back....but going to guns right away isn't always the best option. Just because you HAVE a gun doesn't mean it's the right tool for the job.....

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fucking A, dude.

Playing the odds is a fool's errand. It's not about the odds, it's about the stakes.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:18:56 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Playing the odds is a fool's errand. It's not about the odds, it's about the stakes.
View Quote

Which are too fucking high to do stupid shit like struggling with a guy with a gun who has the drop on you in your car with your family present. The guy wanted money. He got the money and THEN the struggle started according to the wifes' statement above. Should have just let him leave. No mention of him taking anyone "hostage" or wanting to drive somewhere etc...She WOULD have mentioned that, but she just says that the money was given and then the struggle started. Most Likely?--- Husband thinking as the guy is distracted by the wallet-- "Nows my chance"....he chose poorly.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 2:30:38 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
If you search a bit you can read more of what ACTUALLY happened (coming from the wife).

http://www.khou.com/story/news/2015/09/14/widow-speaks-out--losing-husband--deadly-shooting/72269964/

****Precella was in the car with her common law husband, Eddie Alaniz, 26, and their 2-year-old daughter when a gunman walked up and got into the rear passenger seat.
"And he said, 'Give me everything you got!' and moves the gun to my neck and he says, 'Don't forget that I have one in the chamber'," Precella said.
Precella says Alaniz handed over money, but then there was a struggle, and Alaniz grabbed a gun they owned. Shots were fired right next to the toddler.
"She was asleep at first and then, like, the shots started firing, she started crying and screaming I was able to get out of the front seat but I couldn't get to the back," Precella said through tears.****

Apparently the kid was in the backseat driver's side.  Wife up front in passenger seat.  Father driving.  Guy held the gun on the woman's neck (assuming from behind since he was sitting behind her).  Guy handed over money, struggled, and firefight ensued.

View Quote

Sounds like he wasn't armed and made a grab for the robbers gun. Wife grabbed a gun and handed it to the husband? Maybe when she tried to pass it to him that's when the husband got shot since he lost control of the robber as he took the gun from the wife? I hope that's not what happened.
Link Posted: 9/15/2015 3:06:31 PM EDT
[#50]

Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

NSFW

http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=5a6_1442304922

I wonder why the brother was even there? It doesn't sound like he was in the car. Maybe he was meeting them for ice cream, but I'm not convinced we are getting the whole story.

I guess what has me questioning it most is the brother's reaction. I understand why he would attack the dead robber, as he had just killed his sibling. But the way he did it - repeatedly stomping his head with the heel of his boot, indicates to me that he is not new to extreme violence. But, knock on wood, I've never had to live through something like that, so who am I to say.
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top