BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:55:04 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Two weeks going by does put it in a different perspective, but I still want to know what did they actually ask the guy…just if he dropped it off or where he dropped it off?
View Quote

In the TikTok he says they asked him and he said he had no idea and told them to check the cameras. He makes different claims in his own video later, after saying none of the lawyers he talked to would take his case.

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:55:21 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Two weeks going by does put it in a different perspective, but I still want to know what did they actually ask the guy…just if he dropped it off or where he dropped it off?
View Quote

Wow, 14 fucking days is a perspective changer for you.

LOL literally no one watched the stupid videos.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:58:00 AM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Nothing sounds like there is evidence of theft. Being a poor employee and an idiot isn't illegal. Firing him is fine, trying to arrest is ridiculous. In the end they were wrong and it wasn't stolen.

Fuck that business. They don't deserve to be in business.
View Quote

I don’t know who this company is, their website sucks and they seem like douchebags. But two things can be true at once.

The grossly incompetent employee gave a firearm to someone who wasn’t the shipper and lost it for at least two weeks. And had no clue where he dropped it, he says so himself in his own video.

Sounds like the cops agreed there was no theft after they investigated. So good on them I guess. That’s their job.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:58:32 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You know this wasn't handled by the owners, DJ and Cole, right? They have over 30 employees or some shit. Some middle man in the company called LE on the dude.
View Quote

I have no idea who called, but when the police showed up, they spoke with a guy who appeared to be some type of manager.  If that manager felt the police being called was over the top, he could have thanked them for coming over and explained this wasn’t a police matter at this time, rather they were looking for a missing package.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 2:59:50 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I don't think "I'm not inclined to do business with this company given how they have apparently treated their own employees" (since this story also made some people aware of their previous problems with another employee) is an "over" reaction.

If you disagree, and think that people who find their actions unreasonable and who don't want to deal with them as a result, are themselves "over-reactionary shit heads" well, we'll just have to agree to disagree.
View Quote

I think it's ok to dish the same objectivity on ourselves. Don't spare yourself, you'd miss out on lifes lessons.

There's no reason for so many words for simple things. I'm a shit head sometimes, for good reasons and bad reasons equally. Things are complicated.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:00:25 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Wow, 14 fucking days is a perspective changer for you.

LOL literally no one watched the stupid videos.
View Quote

Are you trollling?  Look at my sentence that followed about what they actually asked him.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:00:29 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Nothing sounds like there is evidence of theft. Being a poor employee and an idiot isn't illegal. Firing him is fine, trying to arrest is ridiculous. In the end they were wrong and it wasn't stolen.

Fuck that business. They don't deserve to be in business.
View Quote

This.

Also, finding out the company didn't ask him about it till TWO WEEKS later makes THEM look worse, not him. He's just a guy dropping shit off. THEY are the FFL and have the ultimate responsibility for knowing where that lower was.

He fucked up, but he thought he did what he was supposed to do. THEY took two weeks to notice it was missing? Now this makes more sense. The probably felt they needed to pin a "theft" on this guy so their lack of "institutional control" would not come to light and be an issue for them legally.

So they're incompetent in addition to their other issues? Well, they must be just dandy to work with. Sign ME up for some knowledge transfer!!!
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:02:08 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Are you trollling?
View Quote

No way, I hate trolls. My posts are genuine, even if possibly stupid.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:03:57 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

I have no idea who called, but when the police showed up, they spoke with a guy who appeared to be some type of manager.  If that manager felt the police being called was over the top, he could have thanked them for coming over and explained this wasn’t a police matter at this time, rather they were looking for a missing package.
View Quote

Not a missing package. A firearm. They are required to call the police and ATF within 48 hours of discovering it is missing.

This whole thing seems like a company with a shit reputation, hiring a loser who lost a firearm. This story seems tailor made to divide people and stir up feelings for the fired guy and against the tier 1 dickheads.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:04:54 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
edit: he was arrested. Watch the tiktok which explains it better than the instagram reel.

From what I can make out, black kid works at GBRS and was told to drop off a BCM lower at the post office. He was seen leaving with the box and returning without the box. His employer then checked tracking and saw that the box wasn't scanned in so they called the police for felony theft of the firearm. Police arrive and arrest him at the behest of his employer.

Cut to a new scene.

The kid is let out of police custody because while he was detained/arrested? the mailman brought back the package due to the police investigation???. The douchebag employer still fired him and had all his shit packed up in a box.

Hope kid gets paid, the employer seems like a prick.
View Quote

Lol employer was looking for a window of opportunity to fire this guy and jumped the gun. Fingers crossed the blm lawyers get him good.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:08:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Lol employer was looking for a window of opportunity to fire this guy and jumped the gun. Fingers crossed the blm lawyers get him good.
View Quote

Virginia is an at will state, if they wanted him gone he’s gone. As to your BLM lawyers comment, I think you logged in to the wrong website.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:10:19 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View Quote

BLM are too busy buying up mansions at inflated prices.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 3:13:29 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

View Quote

I don't get this new found thing about everyone wanting to file a lottery suit.

Everyone thinks you can fucking sue and win big, or everyone deserves something for an inconvenience from a PC.

You're talking commie.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:37:48 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Do they have a history of doing stupid shit?
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least put GBRS in the title OP. lol Goober group at it again.
Do they have a history of doing stupid shit?

Seems like there’s always some sort of drama surrounding them.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 4:39:26 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Everyone thinks you can fucking sue and win big, or everyone deserves something for an inconvenience from a PC.

You're talking commie.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're talking commie.

I think the lawsuit culture is way overblown, but actually being arrested for serious felony crimes like that over no evidence at all is absolutely worth a lawsuit. They tried to literally destroy his entire life.
I'd say he deserves some damages.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 6:04:46 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

My question is why did the UPS driver return it?  There was obviously a shipping label on it.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It was an outgoing UPS package. He dropped it off at a Fedex store, and didn't wait for a receipt.   Since UPS didn't get it, they didn't scan it in, and fedex couldn't scan in/ship the UPS package.
The fedex store gave it to a passing UPS driver, who brought it back to the originating address.  In the mean time, since the package disappeared while in his possession, he got arrested.
He got "unarrested" as soon as the package came back.  He was then fired.

My question is why did the UPS driver return it?  There was obviously a shipping label on it.

Because it was handed to him by some rando delivery guy, not the shipper.  The package wasn’t in the UPS system and can’t be put in by the driver.  SOP dictates it just be returned to the original shipper so it can be properly put in the system.  

If the owner fired the employee for screwing up the shipment that is understandable.  
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 6:17:00 AM EDT
[#17]
Love these threads!

Pitch forks for everyone.

I often transpose the target business in the threads with something like "a yarn store" or "woman's lingerie" and it's quite amusing to see what little bitches GD sounds like.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 6:59:06 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

https://gbrsgroup.com/

GBRS Group is a Veteran-Owned, Tier 1 Training and Services organization committed to imparting critical skills and real-world experiences to end-users in military, federal, State and local special operations units.

At the heart of GBRS Group lies the unwavering pursuit of excellence. We don’t just equip, we empower. We do this through a few different verticals within the company.
View Quote

WOW so many douchebag alarms going off, right there.

I am surprised the police were so quick to make the arrest. Tracking information is often not immediately available and updates lag behind package movement. I get why a company shipping a firearm would want to make certain they are being timely in reporting missing/stolen guns but the whole incident just seemed to evolve too quickly to be believable. Even the part about FedEx returning the package to the sender the SAME day doesn’t really sound right either.

ETA- From personal experience, if you are expecting a new/young employee to do something correctly, you had better fully detail EXACTLY what and how to do it. Don’t assume they know the difference between FedEx, UPS and USPS.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:09:26 AM EDT
[#19]
These guys may all be assholes, not defending them.
But I expect my employees to know the difference between UPS, USPS and FedEx.

Maybe he was calm because while he knew he was not a thief in this case, he knew he was an idiot, and he played a role through incompetence. Lol. Nah. Nobody under 50 has that kind of self-awareness. Any carrier should be good. All the same, right? He is our future.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:35:50 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Not a missing package. A firearm. They are required to call the police and ATF within 48 hours of discovering it is missing.

This whole thing seems like a company with a shit reputation, hiring a loser who lost a firearm. This story seems tailor made to divide people and stir up feelings for the fired guy and against the tier 1 dickheads.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Calling the police can be a simple lost property report. The company wrongly made the leap that the lost property was stolen and stolen by that person.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:40:02 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Lol at Slade being the top comment.
View Quote

Brutal
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 7:43:58 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
edit: he was arrested. Watch the tiktok which explains it better than the instagram reel.

From what I can make out, black kid works at GBRS and was told to drop off a BCM lower at the post office. He was seen leaving with the box and returning without the box. His employer then checked tracking and saw that the box wasn't scanned in so they called the police for felony theft of the firearm. Police arrive and arrest him at the behest of his employer.

Cut to a new scene.

The kid is let out of police custody because while he was detained/arrested? the mailman brought back the package due to the police investigation???. The douchebag employer still fired him and had all his shit packed up in a box.

Hope kid gets paid, the employer seems like a prick.
View Quote

The fact he’s black could make it that much spicier. I hate race politics and all that bs but the owner sounds like a douche nozzle so I would approve of this use of the race card.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:29:09 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Where is the bold info coming from? I didn’t hear the cops talk about that. Is there a report I missed?
View Quote

If you watch the tiktok the employee says they asked him questions but the pkg had shipped 2 weeks prior and he handles numerous pkgs every day so he couldn't remember much about it. But then he says the pkg was in the outgoing smbox for Fedex but it was supposed to go to UPS.

I believe his word that he couldn't recall the details. I think his "memory" of it being in the wrong outgoing box was formed after the details about being dropped at the wrong place came out. I'm not saying it wasn't in the wrong box, just saying it's suspicious that he couldn't remember much about the pkg when the employer questioned him but he clearly remembers it being in the wrong outgoing box.

I suspect it was either in the wrong outgoing box or he messed up. Either way, somebody made an honest mistake. Having a guy arrested because he can't recall all the details of a shipment 2 wks prior and it seems suspicious bc it hasn't shown up on tracking yet? I say the employer is wound too tight and needs to chill. Sometimes people need to learn hard lessons before they learn to chill out, employer should learn a hard lesson.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:33:39 AM EDT
[#24]
Idiocracy.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:41:13 AM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 8:54:25 AM EDT
[#26]
Wow these guys are right down the road so to speak.

Needless to say ill never spend a dime there.

Business handled it piss-poor

Thought they had a slam dunk case against a thief who in all actuality made a mistake dropping off the item to the wrong shipper (not like he threw it in the bushes)

Police seemed to have handled it well.

Business fires guy likely only because they know they are going to be spending LOTS of money on lawsuits in the pending future,

For the naysayers- Imagine making a mistake at work where an item is misplaced and instead of figuring it out and getting disciplined for the mistake your boss just jumps to the cops and says "arrest him brother"

YUCK. hope this business closes up shop. They acted and handled the situation like a Libtard. We dont need that here.

ETA: Watch the dudes face when the cop tells him to open the box to prove its in there. His face is saying "I dun f**ed up A-Aron" and he knows it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:08:24 AM EDT
[#27]
Why would a modern retailer not have their delivery service come to them?
I'm in and out of every type of business from Mom and Pop home businesses to corporate headquarters, and they ALL have
UPS, FedEx and or USPS scheduled delivery and pick up.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:12:10 AM EDT
[#28]
Everyone involved is a moron.
Quoted:
Why would a modern retailer not have their delivery service come to them?
I'm in and out of every type of business from Mom and Pop home businesses to corporate headquarters, and they ALL have
UPS, FedEx and or USPS scheduled delivery and pick up.
View Quote

Especially for firearms, I thought the rule was you must drop it off at a Fedex or UPS hub or have a regularly scheduled pickup.

Kharn
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:22:00 AM EDT
[#29]
Company that wants you to pay them for training can't train their assistant well enough to determine the difference between UPS/USPS/FEDEx?  How about a ride along the first time he mails an FFL shipping item?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:27:33 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Is GBRS all former SEALs? How much is he gonna get paid?

How the fuck do you imbed an instagram link?

https://www.instagram.com/reel/C3T1U71MJvD/?utm_source=ig_web_button_share_sheet  

He explains what happened here:

https://www.tiktok.com/@sp_sharkcityboy/video/7335125733938957610?_r=1&_t=8juVn7s2Ttu

View Quote

Ever since the main dude did his Podcast debut on SRS I knew he was a limelight seeking car salesman and figured most anyone associated with him was as well.

It's pretty telling when his dad, who is extremely well respected, doesn't agree with his persona and actions. And his dad is raising his son's bastard child who the son refuses to even acknowledge.

Yeah, he was a SEAL and a great patriotic warrior who sacrificed a lot. He's also an unbridled shitbag in his personal and ex-mil-professional life.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:28:16 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:28:48 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Funny that you're calling them scumbags but are defending Slade in the same breath. lol

He was let go for numerous reasons. The best ones were treating the Gold Star children that GBRS employs bad enough that they complained of being scared of him. The other involved a pistol and his wife.

Dude has some issues. Hopefully he is/has addressed them.

ETA... as for the incident this thread is about. It sounds like the shipping manager or whoever the fuck the guy is (one in the video) that called LE jumped the gun a bit. Maybe he is the one that should be shit canned.
View Quote
First I've heard any of that. Kinda surprising honestly given how publicly that whole thing went down.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:29:51 AM EDT
[#33]
GBRS… they’ve fucked over some of their fellow brothers before.. I don’t give a shit what awesome tier 1 shit they’ve done.. they have no integrity or morals
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:40:21 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
they're getting called out on this on their YT channel

eta: also on their FB feedback page
View Quote

They’re deleting it as fast as it’s written on IG . I like a lot of the mobility stuff their fitness guy Vernon puts out but could give two shits about the hype beast company itself or leadership.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:45:24 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Calling the police can be a simple lost property report. The company wrongly made the leap that the lost property was stolen and stolen by that person.
View Quote

I had thought calling the cops was an ATF CYA thing but that seemed personal with the guy.

This also may be a YT click bait effort to drum up visibility
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:48:11 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Lol at Slade being the top comment.
View Quote

The lead singer of The Police?

Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:49:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:51:11 AM EDT
[#38]
Isn't their motto Loyalty over integrity?  lol

Correct me if I'm wrong, I don't own a business that does shipping, but don't these companies have the shipper (UPS, USPS, FEDEX, etc..) come to their business and pick up their packages?
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:54:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
You shouldn't do business with GBRS because of what they did to Slade. This is just icing on the cake.

They're scumbags
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Whos the manufacturer?

If it's how he's telling it that fucking sucks, and I will not do business with a company that treats their employees that way.
You shouldn't do business with GBRS because of what they did to Slade. This is just icing on the cake.

They're scumbags

Cliff notes please. I am thinking the Shot Show fight but I am not sure.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:57:13 AM EDT
[#40]
Not that it matters but the guy DJ is married to the widow of one of the guys from the movie “Lone Survivor”…I don’t know about yall but to me that’s a different level of fucked up. I would think marrying the wife of a fallen brother would be frowned upon.I’ve seen guys try to do similar in my friend groups and I immediately cut em off. There’s to many women in the world to do something like that.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:57:44 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

I can definitely see calling the police to report the incident to be compliant with the fat boys, but how that turned into that guy in cuffs is a bit curious.
View Quote

SEAL Dick sucking on the part of the cops. Look at the body language.  SEAL guy talking to the cops was “ humble” in his verbiage but the mannerisms were not.  

Cops know who he is and want to have his babies.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 9:59:42 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
It was an outgoing UPS package. He dropped it off at a Fedex store, and didn't wait for a receipt.   Since UPS didn't get it, they didn't scan it in, and fedex couldn't scan in/ship the UPS package.
The fedex store gave it to a passing UPS driver, who brought it back to the originating address.  In the mean time, since the package disappeared while in his possession, he got arrested.
View Quote

So he got arrested on suspicion of theft, released when the package was returned and fired for fucking up the shipping.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:08:26 AM EDT
[#43]
Whoever is in charge of shipping should be fired for incompetence.  You have someone pack the box, log it's weight, create the shipping label, and when FED EX or UPS comes to pick up the package it is scanned before leaving your facility.  That box should not leave your property until it is recorded that someone else is legally in charge of it.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:21:39 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Company that wants you to pay them for training can't train their assistant well enough to determine the difference between UPS/USPS/FEDEx?  How about a ride along the first time he mails an FFL shipping item?
View Quote

Truth.   So much for "Tier-1" training there.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:32:27 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

So he got arrested on suspicion of theft, released when the package was returned and fired for fucking up the shipping.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

However there was never a theft. It’s the property owners job to determine there was a theft before reporting a theft to the police. They had at most a lost property report but went full retard.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:32:55 AM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 10:44:30 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

SEAL Dick sucking on the part of the cops. Look at the body language.  SEAL guy talking to the cops was “ humble” in his verbiage but the mannerisms were not.  

Cops know who he is and want to have his babies.
View Quote

That guy wasn't a SEAL. The owners aren't in the videos.

ETA... This place is turning into Reddit more and more every day. Pathetic. (Not directed at you PDM)
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:10:14 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

However there was never a theft. It’s the property owners job to determine there was a theft before reporting a theft to the police. They had at most a lost property report but went full retard.
View Quote

I understood that there was no theft. Owner was/is a dickhead and the kid is dumber than a box of rocks.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 11:29:46 AM EDT
[#49]
Employer is an asshole for immediately escalating to having him arrested, kid is a lazy dipshit who was probably high and dropped off a firearm to the wrong place AND didn't get a receipt. Asshole and lazy/stupid collide.

Good firing, but hope the kid gets paid for the over the top assholishness of the boss that led to the shitty arrest.
Link Posted: 2/16/2024 1:39:44 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Other thing I don't get (and I was an internet manager for a top 10 gunbroker seller )

Why was he hauling the package to FedEx, ups , USPS , Spee Dee , whoever ?

If you do any sort of volume beyond a handful a day , you have the shipper come to you for a pick up .

The whole thing just reeks of amateur hour stupidity from all sides
View Quote

Maybe someone else can chime in because I don’t have much experience in this type of business, but this was my understanding as well.
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top