Site Notices
Page / 10
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:43:01 PM EDT
[#1]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:49:16 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Dumbfucks all the way around , from the shipping dudes incompetence and having a weed pen on him while armed . , to his employer doing zero to 100 on wanting him arrested for larceny .

View Quote
It was a legal CBD pen is what I read.  Not to mention weed is legal in Virginia.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:52:34 PM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:55:33 PM EDT
[#4]
GBRS has always seemed to me like they spent most of their money on steroids and funky versions of the Hydra X mount, or whatever that was called.

Their office building probably has more unethical docs in it than the gym in the TV show Kingdom.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:56:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Hypothetical, if you were an FFL that routinely used tracking numbers to confirm info, and suddenly one didn't show up like normal, and it was abnormal for your business...
What would you do?

Honestly the sooner you take action the better right? It's your livelihood, your license to conduct business, and your duty.
View Quote
So you immediately have the delivery man arrested?  And from what I read he was with them for over a year.  He made a mistake and they tried to have him arrested.  He also mentioned that the package was put in the wrong pile of boxes and it went to the wrong shipper.  I guess making a mistake means you should be arrested and have your life destroyed.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 10:57:11 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Or if you're smoking weed at work all day.

It doesn't seem like a great place to work.
View Quote
He wasnt smoking weed at work.  He had a CBD pen which is legal.  If someone has a bottle of alcohol in their car for after work, do you assume they are just drinking all day?
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:40:01 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

I heard that he said it had been placed in the wrong outgoing bin, which doesn't really fit with the claim that he doesn't know what package it was. In any case, it's a shitty situation.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say that’s a little oversimplified.

He was their “shipping manager”, so one could assume had been employed by them for some time and had received at least one promotion. I believe he said that he had shipped hundreds of packages in the two weeks since the “missing” package was shipped and as a result of that volume he wasn’t even sure which package was in question.

I heard that he said it had been placed in the wrong outgoing bin, which doesn't really fit with the claim that he doesn't know what package it was. In any case, it's a shitty situation.

Did he say that at the time or after they found the video?

I still want a detailed timeline of the whole thing. Now that this is public I'd like a breakdown of it all in detail.

Was it common for him to drop off packages?
After they watched the video and he told them where he had taken it did they follow up with the company?
In the video from the OP where he was detained/arrested and then released they said a delivery driver brought the package back. Is that correct? I also see two weeks mentioned. So was the package in limbo for 2 weeks and then returned at the very moment he was in custody?
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:54:42 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

Hypothetical, if you were an FFL that routinely used tracking numbers to confirm info, and suddenly one didn't show up like normal, and it was abnormal for your business...
What would you do?

Honestly the sooner you take action the better right? It's your livelihood, your license to conduct business, and your duty.
View Quote

I would be a grown adult and ask the person what happened before calling the law.

“Hey, I didn’t get UPS tracking for that lower.”
“Oh I shipped it through XXXX. Here you go.”
“Cool, thanks man.”

Done.
Link Posted: 2/17/2024 11:55:02 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I don't give a fuck if they fired some doper turd who couldn't complete a simple task.

What I do care about is that they charge $550 for a mount that's made from 6061 aluminum, uses allen head hardware and is cerakoted.
View Quote
He didn't have "dope."

I am guessing you believe anyone who drank a beer is a drunken idiot.  I mean surely if they have had a beer it will affect all of their decisions, right?
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:06:31 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

https://gbrsgroup.com/

GBRS Group is a Veteran-Owned, Tier 1 Training and Services organization committed to imparting critical skills and real-world experiences to end-users in military, federal, State and local special operations units.

At the heart of GBRS Group lies the unwavering pursuit of excellence. We don’t just equip, we empower. We do this through a few different verticals within the company.
View Quote

Good god that is the douchiest statement I have ever read.  

I'm glad I don't follow internet gun bro drama.  It seems like a full time hobby keeping up with these companies and people.
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 12:22:55 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
He wasnt smoking weed at work.  He had a CBD pen which is legal.  If someone has a bottle of alcohol in their car for after work, do you assume they are just drinking all day?
View Quote
The pen wasn't in his car, it was in his pocket. If he had a flask of booze in his pocket at work, would you assume it was for after work?
Link Posted: 2/18/2024 2:02:21 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
The pen wasn't in his car, it was in his pocket. If he had a flask of booze in his pocket at work, would you assume it was for after work?
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

If it was a CBD pen, then it is not a drug, CBD =/= weed. FDA regulates CBD which must be derived from hemp and is limited to THC <0.3%
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:22:24 AM EDT
[#13]
GBRS = DJ Shipley.   The son of the guy that spends his entire retirement life chasing down people who tell stories claiming to be SEALS .  DJ Shipley is in the video and the one talking to the cops.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:30:21 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

Yep. I was denied a Top Secret clearance simply for showing my ID to a police officer. No crime committed, no arrest, no charges filed, just a security guard who thought the park adjacent to the property he was guarding belonged to his employer. Police told him it was public property and left, but asked for my ID. I was denied TS for no other reason than my name was on a police report.
View Quote

Yeah no.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:42:12 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
The kid fucked up and took a UPS package to fedex? fire his ass he is an idiot. But accusing him of theft? Nah.
View Quote

That's not even a fireable offense if it's his first or second fuck up.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:55:38 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Yep. I was denied a Top Secret clearance simply for showing my ID to a police officer. No crime committed, no arrest, no charges filed, just a security guard who thought the park adjacent to the property he was guarding belonged to his employer. Police told him it was public property and left, but asked for my ID. I was denied TS for no other reason than my name was on a police report.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
GBRS should at least help him get his arrest record expunged. An arrest record on a shipping error would piss me off.

There is no record (at least from this) because he wasn't charged with a crime.

There’s a record of it. It might not show in a criminal history search but it will show in a NIBRS name search, DR index and other records. Certainly something the employee would have to disclose in a pre-background check for certain types of jobs.

Yes, that's what I meant. He wasn't charged so it wouldn't be on a criminal record.

But certainly the kind of record that could negatively impact a job search, security clearance or professional licensing in the future.

Lol no.

I was arrested twice prior to joining and a third time while at AIT literally in the process of having my clearance adjudicated, obviously nothing serious but I got a TS/SCI.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:13:37 PM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:36:11 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Good termination.

He was tasked with shipping a firearm.  

He put the company in civil jeopardy by handing the package to an unauthorized party.

A Firearm was unaccounted for an unknown duration of time.

Even if it wasn't a good termination, you better believe they are going to terminate him to save face.
View Quote

Are you sure about that?
You're not thinking about his color, are you?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:39:21 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

GBRS = DJ Shipley.   The son of the guy that spends his entire retirement life chasing down people who tell stories claiming to be SEALS .  DJ Shipley is in the video and the one talking to the cops.
View Quote

That is not DJ Shipley in the video. It is owned by Shipley and Cole Fackler.

ETA... Im just going to go out on a limb and say that there is more to this guy getting canned. Only one side has said anything and with everything, there are 3 sides to every story.

I am also wondering why some people are trying to makes this into a racial thing. If they were "racists" then why would they hire him and also promote him to shipping manager if that was the case?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 7:53:14 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That is not DJ Shipley in the video. It is owned by Shipley and Cole Fackler.

ETA... Im just going to go out on a limb and say that there is more to this guy getting canned. Only one side has said anything and with everything, there are 3 sides to every story.

I am also wondering why some people are trying to makes this into a racial thing. If they were "racists" then why would they hire him and also promote him to shipping manager if that was the case?
View Quote

There has to be more to it because the story on its face doesn’t make sense to me at all.

Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:23:34 PM EDT
[#21]
Never heard of these people, but I Binged them and see "Lifestyle apparel and gear".  

That's all I need to stay away.  This just adds to that.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 9:27:47 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Well they made the news

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=97WA2nrZyyk

His $10k fundraiser is at $28k now.

View Quote

The news should be covering the fact that GBRS committed robbery on everyone who bought a Hydra mount.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:03:46 PM EDT
[#23]
"Tier 1" bros showing what they are really made of.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:05:17 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

yes. if i have drugs on my person at work, that doesn’t imply i’m doing them.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:09:13 PM EDT
[#25]
I’ll admit that I dick rode too hard for GBRS when they first starting popping up.

Guys consistently have good messages and then just step on their dicks over and over.

Maybe they should get some integrity… seems they need it far more than they think.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:18:53 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A majority of the Virginia legislature voted on April 7, 2021 to approve amendments to Senate Bill 1406 | House Bill 2312, which legalizes the personal use and possession of marijuana on July 1, 2021. Provisions in the law permit those age 21 and over to possess up to one ounce in public.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:32:42 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I’ll admit that I dick rode too hard for GBRS when they first starting popping up.

Guys consistently have good messages and then just step on their dicks over and over.

Maybe they should get some integrity… seems they need it far more than they think.
View Quote

Do we know the whole story or just one side of it?
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:34:36 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I would say that’s a little oversimplified.

He was their “shipping manager”, so one could assume had been employed by them for some time and had received at least one promotion. I believe he said that he had shipped hundreds of packages in the two weeks since the “missing” package was shipped and as a result of that volume he wasn’t even sure which package was in question.

I believe he made that statement when initially asked about the specific package in question. I don’t know at what point it came to light that the package was placed in the wrong shipping bin.

My point was that he wasn’t some new kid working in shipping who should immediately come under suspicion for stealing a package that didn’t show it had been scanned. He was the shipping manager who shipped hundreds of packages in the two weeks subsequent to the missing package, therefore one could assume he ships ~100 packages a week. Could you remember a specific package that you were unexpectedly asked about if you shipped 100 packages weekly?

There can always be a first for everything, but the reaction by the employer seems odd for who the employee was and the opportunity this employee has had to back door expensive items for what I’m assuming has been quite some time. Instead he had been trustworthy to the point in which he had been promoted to shipping manager.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:36:55 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
Never heard of these people, but I Binged them and see "Lifestyle apparel and gear".  

View Quote

Lifestyle gear...

*Have no use for their mount, but their sling is the best one that I have used.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:37:04 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Perhaps, but it definitely implies you’re a dumbass.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:40:52 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Lifestyle gear...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYqTNQbXwAIhMsP.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Lifestyle gear...

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/FYqTNQbXwAIhMsP.jpg

You simp for them pretty hard.
Link Posted: 2/19/2024 10:42:42 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

You simp for them pretty hard.
View Quote

I like to simp.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 8:22:26 PM EDT
[#33]
Employee ARRESTED Over Missing Item Found 10 MINUTES Later!
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 9:16:04 PM EDT
[#34]

Great video.  Thank you.  

Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:36:03 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know they had an employee arrested in error
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 10:46:30 PM EDT
[#36]

Clowns and slimy cops. There’s something about a 5’5” cop acting like a teenager that’s particularly repulsive.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:01:59 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

If it was an actual THC pen, he'd still be a prohibited possessor under federal law.
View Quote

Feds didn't arrest him, local idiots did
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:13:47 PM EDT
[#38]
Is it normal for an arrest to take place in a case like that before an investigation is done? That seems so strange.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:21:13 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was gonna say, they have loyalty over integrity, but it looks like they dropped that too with this incident.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:25:11 PM EDT
[#40]

Just watched it.
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:28:49 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I'll admit that I dick rode too hard for GBRS when they first starting popping up.

Maybe they should get some integrity  seems they need it far more than they think.
View Quote

Well, when their motto is "loyalty over integrity"
Link Posted: 2/20/2024 11:34:56 PM EDT
[#42]

Interesting

“I’m going to document the heck out of this so it doesn’t fall back on you.”
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:39:55 AM EDT
[#43]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:43:00 AM EDT
[#44]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:53:38 AM EDT
[#45]
Just watched TCRL video. Hope that guy gets to fuck GBRS and that one cop-bro in the ass in court.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 7:58:32 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Just watched TCRL video. Hope that guy gets to fuck GBRS and that one cop-bro in the ass in court.
View Quote

This incident probably shot their sales through the roof.
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 8:07:52 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

https://gbrsgroup.com/

GBRS Group is a Veteran-Owned, Tier 1 Training and Services organization committed to imparting critical skills and real-world experiences to end-users in military, federal, State and local special operations units.

At the heart of GBRS Group lies the unwavering pursuit of excellence. We don’t just equip, we empower. We do this through a few different verticals within the company.
View Quote

Bingo!
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 8:13:06 AM EDT
[#48]
CBD or THC pen… who gives a shit. Majority of these YouTube gun goobers are microdosing Mushrooms and other psychedelics to treat PTSD but a weed pen Lock em up and throw away the key!
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 8:53:04 AM EDT
[#49]
Link Posted: 2/21/2024 9:17:33 AM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
The kid fucked up and took a UPS package to fedex? fire his ass he is an idiot. But accusing him of theft? Nah.
View Quote

I wish more people with this mentality found themselves homeless and unemployed lol
Page / 10
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top