User Panel

Page / 12
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:39:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, some people in here sure don't have very good reading comprehension, do they?

It's your fault, you started the post with an inflammatory comment.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile

use stupid smiles all you want, but that's exactly what you did, and its why everyone stepped over your redemption sentence.

You can say stupid shit all you want, which is what you're doing, but there was nothing inflammatory about my comment.  I just made a reply that was contrary to where this thread was going, offering a slightly different opinion on the matter.  I think it was pretty weaksauce for him to do what he did but I'm not going to condemn him forever for it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:40:14 PM EDT
[#2]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Because staying behind and getting shot and leaving that family without a dad is so manly.

I'm not saying he should have ran out but I think he should have at least helped him family and not ran by himself but I don't fault him for not wanting to die.
I see what you're saying, but I have to ask, do you have kids?

I would do everything in my power to save my kids.

eta Not that I would bring little kids to a midnight showing of anything, ever.

Having kids or not having kids doesn't change what I wrote.  He shouldn't have ran out without his family but in the moment, some people freak out/panic and don't think about things like that.  Not everyone is Billy Badass.

/shrug

You do not have to try to be "Billy Bad Ass" to try to get your family out of danger.  No one is saying this guy should have jumped up, charged into the line of fire, and tried to wrestle the guy to the ground.  However, jumping up and running as fast as you can for the exit while leaving your two kids and girlfriend behind to die is well... despicable.

Those were his survival instincts.  If people want to call him a pussy and a coward for it, then so be it.  But not everyone is going to feel that way.

You can make all the excuses for him you want. Leaving behind one's children in the face of danger is never acceptable.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:41:51 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Because staying behind and getting shot and leaving that family without a dad is so manly.

I'm not saying he should have ran out but I think he should have at least helped him family and not ran by himself but I don't fault him for not wanting to die.

Having kids or not having kids doesn't change what I wrote.  He shouldn't have ran out without his family but in the moment, some people freak out/panic and don't think about things like that.  Not everyone is Billy Badass.

/shrug

You do not have to try to be "Billy Bad Ass" to try to get your family out of danger.  No one is saying this guy should have jumped up, charged into the line of fire, and tried to wrestle the guy to the ground.  However, jumping up and running as fast as you can for the exit while leaving your two kids and girlfriend behind to die is well... despicable.

Those were his survival instincts.  If people want to call him a pussy and a coward for it, then so be it.  But not everyone is going to feel that way.

You can make all the excuses for him you want. Leaving behind one's children in the face of danger is never acceptable.

I don't need to make any excuses for him.

And that's YOUR (and a lot of peoples' opinions on here but Arfcom isn't the fucking world) opinion......apparently his opinion was different.  He had/has the wrong opinion.  /shrug
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:41:59 PM EDT
[#4]
If you are a big enough dick to ruin other theatergoers experiance by taking your little kids to a violent movie, I am not surprised that you are a big enough dick to leave them behind.

He better hope his kid never finds out about his dad abandoning him...leaving him for dead.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:42:21 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
If you are a big enough dick to ruin other theatergoers experiance by taking your little kids to a violent movie, I am not surprised that you are a big enough dick to leave them behind.

A fuckin men to that......HATE kids crying during a movie.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:43:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:43:33 PM EDT
[#7]
It also seemed like that guy spoke like he was crying, but i saw no tears...
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:43:41 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Man, some people in here sure don't have very good reading comprehension, do they?

use stupid smiles all you want, but that's exactly what you did, and its why everyone stepped over your redemption sentence.

You can say stupid shit all you want, which is what you're doing, but there was nothing inflammatory about my comment.  I just made a reply that was contrary to where this thread was going, offering a slightly different opinion on the matter.  I think it was pretty weaksauce for him to do what he did but I'm not going to condemn him forever for it.

Okie dokie.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:44:09 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:44:17 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Okie dokie.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:46:52 PM EDT
[#11]
He didn't just run away, he got in his car and drove away.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:47:52 PM EDT
[#12]
I would rather die then leave my wife/son behind in a situation like this.  If they are stuck in a bad spot, then I will be stuck right there with them.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:48:31 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
Quoted:

A fuckin men to that......HATE kids crying during a movie.

Don't get me wrong, leaving your kids behind is a million times more fucked up.

Dunno what kind of person could live with themselves knowing that they could have saved their kids, yet left them behind.

I would rather get my left testicle chopped off with a rusty steak knife than be responsible for someone dying.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:49:31 PM EDT
[#14]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

/shrug

And that's YOUR (and a lot of peoples' opinions on here but Arfcom isn't the fucking world) opinion......apparently his opinion was different.  He had/has the wrong opinion.  /shrug

I don't subscribe to moral relativism. Take that business down the road please. When right and wrong become opinion nothing good follows.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:49:43 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
He looks like a total douche.

+1
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:50:16 PM EDT
[#16]
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:51:03 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

/shrug

Obviously, I can't speak for every guy that ever fathered a child, but for some of us, protecting the young isn't a conscious decision.  It's instinctual.  It has nothing at all to do with being billy badass.  Instinct, like pulling your hand away from fire.

It's possible that evolution has created two different instincts.  Some guys protect their young at all costs, and some protect themselves at all cost, to breed later.   From an evolutionary standpoint, both would be valid.

Nothing billy badass about it, just the natural reaction of an animal protecting it's young.  You get between me and my family, and I am a fucking adrenaline fueled killing robot.  Guys with kids will understand, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's had that "oh shit" moment.  First your heart drops, then the adrenaline kicks in and you've gone back in time 100,000 years and you're ready to run up the shaft of their spear and gouge out their eyes and tear open their throat with your teeth.  

I've only ever been to that place in my mind twice, but it's not a friendly place.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:55:21 PM EDT
[#18]
There are a lot of fucking faggot ass pussies out there, masquerading as men.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#19]
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:56:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Those kids would have been better off with this horse than with their father. It's a sad state of affairs in some households.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:56:16 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Are you fucking serious? I have to go back and reread the article.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:57:23 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, now there HAS to be more to this story.

I mean, come on now!!??

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#23]
Child endangerment?
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:57:36 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
I hope i was not the only person who saw the interview with the guy and girl that were in the movies when the shooting started. He basically said he ran out and left his girl and 2 kids behind, I know im not the only one who thinks he is nothing but a pussy.

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/20/aurora-theater-shooting-victim-jamie-rohrs-thinking-of-his-girlfriend-and-their-children-please-let-them-get-out-alive/

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 9:59:02 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

GD is full of them...

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:00:07 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ok, now there HAS to be more to this story.

I mean, come on now!!??

No, there is nothing more to the story. See the quote.

See the third paragraph from the bottom.
The couple then reunited outside the cinema, after Ms Legratta phoned her fiance who had driven away from the scene.

I missed this paragraph in the article. Gutless motherfucker did in fact drive off, according to the article. His girlfriend should get a sharp knife and end his breeding.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:01:20 PM EDT
[#27]

Quoted:

Quoted:

GD is full of them...

There are a few open spots left.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:01:21 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

(Paraphrase:  Guy got in his car and drove away)

I missed this paragraph in the article. Gutless motherfucker did in fact drive off according to the article. His girlfriend should get a sharp knife and end his breeding.

My God!!

I can understand being terrified but leave your loved ones behind.  WTF!!
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:02:48 PM EDT
[#29]
if someone could make the link i added to the original post hot i would appreciate it, watching the interview and listening to that pussy tell his story is disgusting
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:03:48 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Quoted:
I hope i was not the only person who saw the interview with the guy and girl that were in the movies when the shooting started. He basically said he ran out and left his girl and 2 kids behind, I know im not the only one who thinks he is nothing but a pussy.

http://piersmorgan.blogs.cnn.com/2012/07/20/aurora-theater-shooting-victim-jamie-rohrs-thinking-of-his-girlfriend-and-their-children-please-let-them-get-out-alive/

Any Man here that can't understand that to risk all to try to save your wife and children is the right thing to do. Need do do some deep gut (soul) searching.

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:04:37 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
I missed this paragraph in the article. Gutless motherfucker did in fact drive off according to the article. His girlfriend should get a sharp knife and end his breeding.

Hopefully she gets rid of him and gives the baby a future.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:06:33 PM EDT
[#32]
That's super shitty. I don't have kids, but damn that's priority number one.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:06:54 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I love how right after such a tragedy the media had the time to get a perfect artsy fartsy angled shot

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/21/article-2176718-1426679E000005DC-353_634x422.jpg

And she'll still probably stay with this poor excuse for a father!  

As a father...it would never cross my mind to leave my kids and wife alone and helpless!  Even if I had to drag them oit by the hands then that is what a parent does...it should be pure parental instinct, period!

This guy discusts me quite frankly.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:08:08 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Quoted:

no.
you don't leave your family.
Of course, two kids and no wife, not much of a man in the first place.

First off, the notion that you are less of a man because you aren't married is absurd.  The fact that this guy is engaged shows that marrying someone has nothing to do with manhood.  Even the worlds biggest pussy can marry some chick.  Of course that might not happen here after his chickenshit performance.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:08:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Tweakers both of um I'd bet on it

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:09:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

Placing yourself between your kids and harm's way is not a "Billy Badass" phenomenon, nor is it an instinct that only resides in some community of heros.

If you are a man, this is what you do; you protect your kids from harm -even if it means you die.

If you do not do this, you are not a man.  There is no debating this.

This should not have to be repeated, but I will, since there are those who will want to justify "running for a tactical advantage" or some such shit.  

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:09:17 PM EDT
[#37]
Well he had his "fish or cut bait" life moment...  A man is responsible for his kids, his wife, his girlfriend his guests safety "first and foremost."

His flight instinct is his true nature,and he is incapable of controlling it. I feel sorry for his kids being raised by this guy.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:09:29 PM EDT
[#38]

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

no.

you don't leave your family.

Of course, two kids and no wife, not much of a man in the first place.

First off, the notion that you are less of a man because you aren't married is absurd. The fact that this guy is engaged shows that marrying someone has nothing to do with manhood. Even the worlds biggest pussy can marry some chick. Of course that might not happen here after his chickenshit performance.

I think you're missing the point.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:10:30 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

I'm not saying he should have ran out but I think he should have at least helped his family and not ran by himself but I don't fault him for not wanting to die.

I'm going to get a second warning or a ban tonight. You, Sir, do not understand the word duty. Your commitment to doody is disgraceful. Family first. You don't have any worth living for, obviously. blahblahblah, fuck it. You wouldn't understand. Living can be worse than other options.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:13:01 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
I love how right after such a tragedy the media had the time to get a perfect artsy fartsy angled shot

http://i.dailymail.co.uk/i/pix/2012/07/21/article-2176718-1426679E000005DC-353_634x422.jpg

Dude LOOKS like a bitch. I don't have kids, but my first instinct would be to protect my family, not fucking run away like a coward leaving my wife and kids behind. Christ.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:14:26 PM EDT
[#41]
Honestly, I think the fact he has admitted this for the whole world to see is the worst part. How can you admit to something like that?
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:14:37 PM EDT
[#42]
I'd have probably just gone all spider monkey on his ass.  That would have probably done it.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:16:49 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
Honestly, I think the fact he has admitted this for the whole world to see is the worst part. How can you admit to something like that?

Pussies apparently don't have a sense of shame?
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 10:16:55 PM EDT
[#44]
Damn. All I can say is faced with the same situation, I hope for all I'm worth that I could do better. All I know is I bet if you asked this guy a week ago what he would have done, he would have never said flee and leave the rest of the family to the dogs. Crazy shit happens when the bullets start flying, and not everyone steps up to the plate.
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 11:42:17 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I'd think that, too.  As a man, it is your DUTY to look to the safety of your children.  Girlfriend not so much.  

I do lament hearing that so many fucking retards brought their small children and/or infants to a midnight showing of what has got to be (haven't seen it yet, NO SPOILERS) a very LOUD and VIOLENT movie.  Some people should be slapped.

Uhh...what rock have you been living under?  Kids love Batman, and superheroes in general.  An infant, well obviously isn't much into anything yet.

I watched the 1st Keaton Batman movie with my father back in 1989...I was 10 years old at the time, but I'd have still watched it with him at 4.  .
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 11:49:18 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

/shrug

Obviously, I can't speak for every guy that ever fathered a child, but for some of us, protecting the young isn't a conscious decision.  It's instinctual.  It has nothing at all to do with being billy badass.  Instinct, like pulling your hand away from fire.

It's possible that evolution has created two different instincts.  Some guys protect their young at all costs, and some protect themselves at all cost, to breed later.   From an evolutionary standpoint, both would be valid.

Nothing billy badass about it, just the natural reaction of an animal protecting it's young.  You get between me and my family, and I am a fucking adrenaline fueled killing robot.  Guys with kids will understand, I'm sure I'm not the only one here who's had that "oh shit" moment.  First your heart drops, then the adrenaline kicks in and you've gone back in time 100,000 years and you're ready to run up the shaft of their spear and gouge out their eyes and tear open their throat with your teeth.  

I've only ever been to that place in my mind twice, but it's not a friendly place.

Amen

Link Posted: 7/20/2012 11:50:41 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Thats called being a good photographer...
Link Posted: 7/20/2012 11:59:45 PM EDT
[#48]
These are the exact kind of people who would bring a freaking infant to the movies let alone at midnight... I can't stand that shit. Get a sitter or wait till it's released for rent.
Link Posted: 7/21/2012 12:15:07 AM EDT
[#49]

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:
Quoted:

/shrug

You're right, kind of, but I don't think either you're explaining it well or many are not understanding what you're saying.

He IS a coward, big time.  If something did happen to his children he would have been an even bigger shitstain of a man.

That's what he IS, no buts about it.

Remember that story about the family in conneticut, that doctor whose wife and daughter were followed home from shopping by those two dirt bags.  They climbed in the basement window, UNARMED tied up the father, raped and girls, took the mom back out to the bank to withdraw money, killed the mom and tied the girls to their beds and set the house on fire.

The older sister managed to get loose, died trying to save her sister.  Only after the house was on fire and the father was personally in mortal danger did he manage to get free and save his own worthless ass.

He has to live with himself but probably justifies it somehow.

I want to say that it is part of the "me,me,me" era, but I'm not sure.  There just seems like there's far more worthless cowards around now than there ever were.

Unfortunately there weren't any Samuel Williamses in the theatre that night.

Link Posted: 7/21/2012 12:15:59 AM EDT
[#50]
"Hey baby, want to marry a coward?"
Page / 12
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top