Quoted:
HK trigger, yuck!
View Quote
This
Link Posted: 10/22/2018 11:44:19 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Which is still huge compared to something like a Ruger LC9, LCP or Sig 938.

That might be a great winter jacket gun but it's worthless in warm weather and we have a lot of warm weather.
View Quote
I'm 170lbs and I can carry a full-size 1911 in Texas summer no problem.  
Don't wear skinny jeans and hipster tight flannel shirts and you can conceal almost anything.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:02:36 AM EDT
[#3]
I carried a P2000 and/or a P2000sk for several years. Both .40 SW and LEM trigger.

I don’t have a bad thing to say about either.   The LEM trigger does take some practice to get used to, and I found that if I stuck with them I could shoot them as well as just about anything.

My only problem was when I switched to back to something else (DA/SA, striker fired, etc.) then I felt like it took a while to adjust back to the LEM.

For whatever reason that didn’t seem to happen for me when switching around between other action types.

I’m a better shooter now than when I carried them, so I brought them back out on my last range trip just to see.  It still took a bit, but the transition wasn’t as lengthy this as in the past.

They are great guns and there are a lot of things to like about the LEM versions.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:37:08 AM EDT
[#4]
I think its a fine gun.  I like the one I have, a P2000v2 (H-LEM), but I dont love it.  I have tried to sell it and the 9 mags I have for it, but then I change my mind.  It never gets carried, though it should.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:46:44 AM EDT
[#5]
I've been carrying one for 10 years, I agree!!!!!
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:04:51 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Which is still huge compared to something like a Ruger LC9, LCP or Sig 938.

That might be a great winter jacket gun but it's worthless in warm weather and we have a lot of warm weather.
View Quote
Put a little jacket over that tight fitting skirt hon and you can carry a real pistol.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:08:31 AM EDT
[#7]
Trigger is do-do

Do you even Glock 19 bro?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:16:12 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
Trigger is do-do

View Quote
this isn't 2002 bro
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:49:47 AM EDT
[#9]
I've often thought about replacing my Glock 26 with either an HK P2000sk or P30sk but have to admit I do like the little Glock. On the other hand I KNOW i'd shoot the HK better if experience is any indicator.

Other than grip is there any big difference in the 2000 vs the P30?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 7:59:17 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:04:58 AM EDT
[#11]
Why does everyone do this "change my mind" crap lately?  I don't care what you like or think.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:05:00 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
I think its a fine gun.  I like the one I have, a P2000v2 (H-LEM), but I dont love it.  I have tried to sell it and the 9 mags I have for it, but then I change my mind.  It never gets carried, though it should.
View Quote
I’ll give tree fiddy.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:10:58 AM EDT
[#13]
Nope

P30 FTW
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:18:49 AM EDT
[#14]
Had a P2000sk and didn't like the stubby grip, would not mind trying a "fullsize" P2000 one day.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:22:55 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
I do not own a p2000 but held one and prior to the vp9 carried the uspc. I think the vp9 fits my hand better.

Change my mind if I should add a p2000 and possibly carry that over a vp9
View Quote
VP9 in all reality is about the size of a Glock 17. Its a big gun, P2000 is a touch smaller
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:36:42 AM EDT
[#16]
The P30SK and P2000 in light LEM keep attracting me for some odd reason.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:44:29 AM EDT
[#17]
OP is wrong and should feel bad. The P30 is essentially the same gun but with an exponentially better grip. Therefore, by default, the P30 is better than the P2000.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 8:58:04 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
OP is wrong and should feel bad. The P30 is essentially the same gun but with an exponentially better grip. Therefore, by default, the P30 is better than the P2000.
View Quote
I agree.  There are some small differences in size, but that p30/VP grip fits my hand perfectly.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 9:12:39 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Sorry..Nope. Walter PPS.
View Quote
Walther PPQ.

I shot the P320, the P2000 and the PPQ.  Hands down the PPQ has the best trigger I ever pulled.

I then bought 2.  

CMOS
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:01:26 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
I do not own a p2000 but held one and prior to the vp9 carried the uspc. I think the vp9 fits my hand better.

Change my mind if I should add a p2000 and possibly carry that over a vp9
View Quote
@Abrenneman

I have a VP9 as well. It is comparable to a Glock 17 in grip length. Shoots fantastic, but I prefer the size of the P2000.

The P2000 is 13+1 and the VP9 is 15+1. VP9/P30 mags fit the P2000 so you can always carry a bigger mag as a reload. If you have to have striker fired, I won't be able to sway you. If not, the P2000 is tits.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:03:58 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

It's not so much the size of the gun that makes you hot, it's the clothing required to conceal a full size handgun. Although I would say that a larger gun requires a much larger IWB holster. I can carry my LCP in a tiny DeSantis leather holster with a single under the belt clip. The footprint difference compared to the Alien Gear horse hide IWB required to conceal my SIG SP2022 is huge. That Sig only weighs a couple ounces more than the HK, so I got a pretty good idea what you're carrying around.

My CCW litmus test is: can I COMFORTABLY carry the holstered gun in casual kahki shorts and a normal sized polo or golf shirt. If it's not comfortable or if I'm obviously showing, then I don't consider it a viable CCW.
View Quote
@konger

Gotcha. I carry the P2000 wearing exactly what you describe. T shirt and cargo shorts. Kydex single clip IWB holster. Used to use a Crossbreed, but that made me sweat more. The holster choice could be what's making you hotter, not necessarily the gun.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:05:35 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Trigger is do-do

View Quote
Read my original post. I Glock 19'ed for years bro.

So far, no one has offered any evidence to change my mind.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:07:22 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote
I have a P30 as well. It's bigger and does not conceal as well as the P2000.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:07:41 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Had a P2000sk and didn't like the stubby grip, wouild not mind trying a "fullsize" P2000 one day.
View Quote
I felt the same way so I picked up a few extended finger grip mags.  The same ones fit in my p30sk  and my p2000sk. Now it's a party.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:09:14 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
I've often thought about replacing my Glock 26 with either an HK P2000sk or P30sk but have to admit I do like the little Glock. On the other hand I KNOW i'd shoot the HK better if experience is any indicator.

View Quote
@AR15thur

Yes. The P30 is roughly Glock 17 sized. The P2000 is roughly Glock 19 sized. Grips on the side of the P2000 are flat, on the P30 they are raised. P30 is 15+1, P2000 is 13+1.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:13:42 AM EDT
[#26]
P2000 with flat baseplates is really hard to beat, especially when carrying AIWB. You give up 2 to the G19 but get even more reliability and a far more customizeable trigger (hammer spring, firing pin block spring, and trigger return spring can all be made lighter or harder if you desire, and if you get a V1/DA/SA you can convert it between DA/SA and LEM)...plus you can use P30 mags in it, if you don't want to give up those two rounds, assuming you're shooting 9mm.

Downsides - proprietary sight dovetails, holsters aren't exactly falling out of trees, mags are a little expensive, and the grip isn't the grippiest thing HK's ever put out.

I've tried to sell mine a couple of times. I just can't...it does everything well enough so that it's hard to actually improve on
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:14:58 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
P2000 with flat baseplates is really hard to beat, especially when carrying AIWB. You give up 2 to the G19 but get even more reliability and a far more customizeable trigger (hammer spring, firing pin block spring, and trigger return spring can all be made lighter or harder if you desire, and if you get a V1/DA/SA you can convert it between DA/SA and LEM)...plus you can use P30 mags in it, if you don't want to give up those two rounds, assuming you're shooting 9mm.

Downsides - proprietary sight dovetails, holsters aren't exactly falling out of trees, mags are a little expensive, and the grip isn't the grippiest thing HK's ever put out.

I've tried to sell mine a couple of times. I just can't...it does everything well enough so that it's hard to actually improve on
View Quote
Fact. I carry with flat base plates. If you have big mits, the extensions are great. For me they are unnecessary.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:16:55 AM EDT
[#28]
My carry mag has a flat baseplate in the gun; my reloads all have the finger rest plates. Carrying with a finger rest mag in is not a big deal but with the flat floorplate...it disappears under a t-shirt. And I'm a fat guy. If I can hide a P2000 on the widest part of my body...I'm pretty sure everyone else can hide it just fine, too
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
I looked hard at at P2000 v3 before I bought a Beretta PX-4 Compact.

I still want a p2000 v3, I just haven't found one at the right price yet.
View Quote
What do you consider the "right price?"

I picked mine up used at $420 +tax.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:18:34 AM EDT
[#30]
Unless you have actually used it for it's intended purpose, you're claim is baseless.

If your mind isn't changed by this point, you aren't looking for discussion, you are looking for an argument...

\thread.

Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:23:20 AM EDT
[#31]
If I had zero training or experience then I’d think that HK pistols were what I’d want to carry. Since that is not the case, I carry Glocks. Me and SOCOM) can’t be wrong.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:30:20 AM EDT
[#32]
I was in a fun store this weekend and asked to see the HK vp9sk - it felt good in my hand but I had to completely change my grip in order to reach the magazine release. I don't mind that style of mag release, but it was just too far away.

I mentioned this to the gun counter guy, he said "you'll get used to it"

Is my thumb going to grow?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:30:47 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
If I had zero training or experience then I’d think that HK pistols were what I’d want to carry. Since that is not the case, I carry Glocks. Me and SOCOM) can’t be wrong.
View Quote
The various bits that make up SOCOM don't have the greatest track record of picking out winners.

Mk23 anyone?

STI double stack 1911s in .40, anyone?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 10:37:23 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
The various bits that make up SOCOM don't have the greatest track record of picking out winners.

Mk23 anyone?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Mk23 anyone?

Some of those buys were for niche mission sets while others were experimental proof of concept type buys. The current SOCOM / JSOC  pistols are at  the Apex of combat pistol development.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:13:43 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote
V3 is DA/SA and can be made into a LEM. I don't believe a V1 or V2 LEM can be made DA/SA as there is no frame provision for the decocker.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:16:16 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
I was in a fun store this weekend and asked to see the HK vp9sk - it felt good in my hand but I had to completely change my grip in order to reach the magazine release. I don't mind that style of mag release, but it was just too far away.

I mentioned this to the gun counter guy, he said "you'll get used to it"

Is my thumb going to grow?
View Quote
The paddle works well using your index or middle finger. I use my thumb and index finger at the same time.

The paddle is better than a button.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:18:29 AM EDT
[#37]
I sold my P2000 because I always carried the P2000SK or the P30SK instead. Neither of those will ever leave my collection.

Recently added a VP9SK, and that thing may end up being the main carry gun. Soooo smooth.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:20:10 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
V3 is DA/SA and can be made into a LEM. I don't believe a V1 or V2 LEM can be made DA/SA as there is no frame provision for the decocker.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Correct, though if you take a V3 and "convert it into a LEM," a.k.a. V0 (LEM FCG where the decocker released the mainspring tension), that's not a valid configuration recognized by HK USA, and if you ever need any warranty work (extremely unlikely), you need to convert it back to V3 before sending it off for repair.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:25:09 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:
Unless you have actually used it for it's intended purpose, you're claim is baseless.

If your mind isn't changed by this point, you aren't looking for discussion, you are looking for an argument...

\thread.

View Quote
LOL so I have to shoot someone before a CC gun is legit? How many people have you shot with your Glock 27?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:26:57 AM EDT
[#40]
I’m carrying my USP45C today, and it’s bad ass.

Change my mind.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:28:10 AM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
If I had zero training or experience then I'd think that HK pistols were what I'd want to carry. Since that is not the case, I carry Glocks. Me and SOCOM) can't be wrong.
View Quote
Did you read my original post? I carried Glocks for years. Maybe once you get to my elite level you'll transition to HK as well
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:30:40 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Correct, though if you take a V3 and "convert it into a LEM," a.k.a. V0 (LEM FCG where the decocker released the mainspring tension), that's not a valid configuration recognized by HK USA, and if you ever need any warranty work (extremely unlikely), you need to convert it back to V3 before sending it off for repair.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's partly why I haven't converted my V3. That and I like having a DA/SA version.
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 11:59:57 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
@AR15thur

Yes. The P30 is roughly Glock 17 sized. The P2000 is roughly Glock 19 sized. Grips on the side of the P2000 are flat, on the P30 they are raised. P30 is 15+1, P2000 is 13+1.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@AR15thur

P30sk's trigger guard is the same shape as the P30. Therefore they can use the same holsters. The P2000 and the sk version have different trigger guard shapes preventing use of the same holster. Throw a P2k mag in the P30sk and you have a compact version with the same capacity as the midsize SK while retaining mag carrier and holster compatibility with the FS version.

P30/P30sk is best HK.

@txgunguy
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:01:10 PM EDT
[#44]
I’d like to see a striker fired version. VP2000 anyone?
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:44:45 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote
Oop, sorry - I meant V3

I was thinking USP V1 not P2000 V1
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:48:30 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
That's partly why I haven't converted my V3. That and I like having a DA/SA version.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
It's not like converting the FCG to LEM requires surgery...and you can replace the sear with a normal P2000 LEM sear and remove the decocker if you want. It's a 10 minute job, 3 of which are taking it apart, and 3 of the reassembly is just getting the LEM hammer rebound sprring, or whatever it's called, in place correctly...

Unless you're also swapping out the trigger return spring and firing pin block spring...add another 10 minutes for that, 8 of which will be lining up the trigger and spring and getting them seated again
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 12:50:04 PM EDT
[#47]
I carry one daily for work. When off duty...I carry a G17, G19, G22, or reluctantly the P2000. It is bulky, carries fewer rounds than its counterparts, and is not easy to put together/pull apart when your hands are greasy from CLP. We are getting a new pistol at work, so you may see a lot of trade in P2000s in .40S&W soon Maybe our LE trigger set up is what makes me dislike it, but it is a really long trigger pull. I laughed when I saw someone on Armslist bragging about their "LEO Trigger Set Up".
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:00:05 PM EDT
[#48]
Bigger than a g19 with less capacity and just as bad or worse trigger with expensive mags and doesnt have the super simple detail strip capability or the massive market of holsters and sights etc.

Yeah its better
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:14:57 PM EDT
[#49]
My CCW (P2000 v2, 9mm) for many years, love it!

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 10/23/2018 1:50:11 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
Bigger than a g19 with less capacity and just as bad or worse trigger with expensive mags and doesnt have the super simple detail strip capability or the massive market of holsters and sights etc.

Yeah its better
View Quote
Paper stats are just that.
I’m not bashing the G19 I have two of them and carried one for a very long time.  Many people simply don’t shoot Glocks as well as other pistols.   I shoot the G19 more than adequate still not as well as my P30/p30sk and accuracy matters.
A quick search led to $32 mags which by the way are probably one of if not best made.  That’s not expensive

Field stripping is just as easy granted detail is not.
All the major players make sights for the HK as well as holsters.  Of course I’ve never found a factory holster that I didn’t think was junk.  It’s a personal opinion along with with no kydex IWB.

For the trigger I use the light LEM.  I don’t consider finger fucking the trigger reset at home to be a consideration.   I have a nice CZ Shadow 2 and a few 1911’s if I decide to pick up that hobby.  What I do have is a highly reliable bobbed hammer. I can place my thumb on top for reholstering ( I use leather holsters) I have double strike capability. If you’ve never shot a LEM trigger it’s somewhat like a half cocked striker but with a hammer.
As for the plus 2 capacity the 15rd mag in the P30sk and the g19 are about a wash for me personally.

Now concealiblity the real issue.
Keeping in mind we are all different shapes and live in different climates. We also have different jobs and many other circumstances.

Much like the G26 I find the P30sk very flexible with flush ten rd mags along with the 13&15 rd versions with factory extensions. It’s rounded corners and grips really work well with my dress shirts tucked in.  That’s important to me because I carry AM&PM 7 days a week.

So on paper the g19 has some advantages in the real world for me it falls short.

The P2000 has many of the same attributes with a few less sight choices
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top