Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:01:30 AM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I would love to see HKs version of a 365...I’ll get it in a second if so.

Who do you trust more, HK, SIG or S&W, when it comes to pistol quality? To me there’s no comparison, HK makes the best quality pistols out there. You don’t have to like them to admit they are some of the most durable, reliable pistols using top quality materials and methods.
View Quote

Glock, cz p01, M&P,
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:03:02 AM EDT
[#2]
Not a P7 remake
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:23:53 AM EDT
[#3]
I'm enjoying my VP9-T but really want to coon-finger the Walther PDP Compact when my LGS gets them back in stock.  Won't get rid of the HK but the 4" grip with a 5" slide on the Walther really seems like a fine mix of concealability and all the best a 5 inch slide offers...sight radius, room for optics cut, bullet velocity, pic rail, etc.  And, of course, the trigger on the PDP is said to be phenomenal.

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:35:14 AM EDT
[#4]
If they’re cut for an optic I’m interested, if not then meh.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:38:49 AM EDT
[#5]
Striker fired

Button mag release

I'll stick with my USPc and P30 thanks
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:39:48 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Not a P7 remake
View Quote

I’ve been dreaming about a polymer-framed P7 re-boot for years now.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:45:07 AM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
That's right, real actual "breaking" news in GD for once! As soon as I heard about a new "big announcement" from HK I did some sleuthing. Found a patent just issued for a new handgun couple weeks ago. Remember you heard about it here first: https://uspto.report/patent/grant/D918,328#D00000
View Quote

Wow you searched for the patent? Nice!
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:49:59 AM EDT
[#8]
Glock and ruger sr9c had a baby I think.

Regardless hk I'd late to the dance. I guess they can afford to be given their bloated .gov contracts.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:54:17 AM EDT
[#9]
Good God! They’ve invented the Walther PPS
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:57:04 AM EDT
[#10]
I forget, why is Striker Fired bad again?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#11]
Meh...

Any day now the Dan Wesson DWX Compact Rail is going to be in stock.

Any day now...
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 9:59:16 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Meh...

Any day now the Dan Wesson DWX Compact Rail is going to be in stock.

Any day now...
View Quote

Oof.

Thanks for the reminder.  
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:39:28 AM EDT
[#13]
Yet another poly striker pistol in a sea of other options.

HK makes a quality pistol that is built like a brick shithouse, but there are some very conspicuously absent features here. No rail, no optic cut; this segment of the market is fairly mature, and as a late entry you shouldn't be coming without the same features your competitors already have.

I think it will be more expensive than competitors, but not egregiously so, just using their most recent offerings as a barometer.

This whole segment would be a lot more interesting if someone would build this class of pistol with a hammer.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:40:56 AM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:41:31 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:42:12 AM EDT
[#16]
I’ll buy it just because it’s HK and I like it!
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:42:13 AM EDT
[#17]
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:50:13 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I’ll buy it just because it’s HK and I like it!
View Quote

Same here.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:04:07 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

HK makes a quality pistol that is built like a brick shithouse, but there are some very conspicuously absent features here. No rail, no optic cut; this segment of the market is fairly mature, and as a late entry you shouldn't be coming without the same features your competitors already have.

I think it will be more expensive than competitors, but not egregiously so, just using their most recent offerings as a barometer.

This whole segment would be a lot more interesting if someone would build this class of pistol with a hammer.
View Quote

Small pistols don't have rails, and optics cuts are optional upgrades.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:21:03 AM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Small pistols don't have rails, and optics cuts are optional upgrades.
View Quote

Well, the P365 and Hellcat certainly do.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:46:36 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

There's zero reason for a rail or an optic cut on a pistol the size of a p365.

Who wants a micro9 with a surefire and trijicon on it??

It's not a full size pistol, not a compact, not even a subcompact. It's smaller than all of them and you want to bolt a truck onto it.

I for one like to keep my micro 9 clean and as small as possible. That said, I like everything that I saw in the schematics. I'm a bit surprised by the button mag release and would've normally preferred the typical hk style, but I'll keep an open mind.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:52:44 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Well, the P365 and Hellcat certainly do.
View Quote

Let's be honest. There's no reason for it with those two guns except to appeal to the self imagined operators.

If you can carry a red dot and a light, you don't need a micro 9 and should step up to a subcompact or compact 9, if not a full size gun.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:53:27 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

It's not a full size pistol, not a compact, not even a subcompact. It's smaller than all of them and you want to bolt a truck onto it.

I for one like to keep my micro 9 clean and as small as possible. That said, I like everything that I saw in the schematics. I'm a bit surprised by the button mag release and would've normally preferred the typical hk style, but I'll keep an open mind.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I want my carry guns to have lights. I want my micro carry guns to have micro lights. Hell, my Beretta Pico has a light.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:54:16 AM EDT
[#24]
Double tap
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:54:42 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
If they’re cut for an optic I’m interested, if not then meh.
View Quote

Kinda this.

As dovetail sight cuts once were, now out of the box RDS capability is.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:55:23 AM EDT
[#26]
Looks interesting, but their legendary "we're HK and FUCK YOU" attitude kind of makes me wanna pass.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:57:04 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Wow, looks like it'll be a p365 competitor. Smaller than anything else they make today if so.

I might just be a buyer.
View Quote

Except is apparently a single stacker.  So more of a competitor to Shield gen1 or 2.   But we will see what actually hits the market if anything.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:22:41 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

Let's be honest. There's no reason for it with those two guns except to appeal to the self imagined operators.

If you can carry a red dot and a light, you don't need a micro 9 and should step up to a subcompact or compact 9, if not a full size gun.
View Quote

I personally do carry a compact, but if people didn't see a reason for those things they wouldn't be offered.

Maybe people don't use them, but it will be a tough sell getting people to buy a pistol with less capabilities for what will likely be a higher price.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:29:19 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Any pistol you ever plan on having to shoot someone with needs a light on it.

Bad guys don't go home with the sun goes down.

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:34:35 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:

View Quote

Quoted:

View Quote

My 365xl has a small red dot and it absolutely makes me shoot it faster/more accurately than iron sights. No size penalty so why not? As far as lights, I'd really like to be able to slap one on at night when I travel. That way my EDC can rock a light without issue, which is an essential upgrade for a hotel/camping/not my house so only one gun with me defense pistol
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 12:36:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Smith and Wesson kind of beat them to the punch, like, a decade ago.

My Shields (both of them) have been 100% reliable since day one and shoot well. Unless this gun is significantly smaller and lighter--and just as reliable--I'm not sure what the point is.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:11:01 PM EDT
[#32]

@22caliberKIDD

Explain this please.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:12:55 PM EDT
[#33]
no paddle mag release no care.
I got tiny little bitch hands, push buttons dont work well for me.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:17:45 PM EDT
[#34]
Neato

No thanks, fs USP45 for me
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:19:22 PM EDT
[#35]
Looks like the Mossberg MC1, lol. At least the Mossberg takes Glock 43 mags...
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:54:04 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

View Quote

Not even close. This debate has been settled for about a decade now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:58:03 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

@22caliberKIDD

Explain this please.
View All Quotes

Photoshop.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 3:58:51 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

@22caliberKIDD

Explain this please.
View All Quotes

That photo is probably close to a decade old. Just a Photoshop of a "successor" to the P7. It's not an actual HK product or image.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:01:14 PM EDT
[#39]
Looks like an LC9
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:01:25 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:
Smith and Wesson kind of beat them to the punch, like, a decade ago.

My Shields (both of them) have been 100% reliable since day one and shoot well. Unless this gun is significantly smaller and lighter--and just as reliable--I'm not sure what the point is.
View Quote
People like choices.  What was the point of the Shield when the PPS was released years ahead of it?
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:15:09 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

Any pistol you ever plan on having to shoot someone with needs a light on it.

Bad guys don't go home with the sun goes down.

https://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Surefire-Xsc-G43x.jpg
View Quote

There are multiple schools of thought on having to point your gun at people to identify friend or foe. Handhelds are still a thing

That aside rails on pistols have only become common in the last 15 years or so.

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:21:24 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

There are multiple schools of thought on having to point your gun at people to identify friend or foe. Handhelds are still a thing

That aside rails on pistols have only become common in the last 15 years or so.

View Quote

You don't have to point your gun with a light on it at someone to identify them. Lights are very bright and have good flood now.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:23:59 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Who do you trust more, HK, SIG or S&W, when it comes to pistol quality? To me there’s no comparison, HK makes the best quality pistols out there. You don’t have to like them to admit they are some of the most durable, reliable pistols using top quality materials and methods.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Yeah, but...

Quoted:
I want it to be awesome, but knowing HK relative to its competition while it’ll no doubt be quality it’ll also be heavier, bigger, and hold less rounds.

ETA: And twice the price.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 4:27:05 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
My curiosity is piqued.
View Quote

This.

It might just make me switch from the PPS M2 for my daily carry...
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 5:55:38 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

@22caliberKIDD

Explain this please.
View Quote

It’s a pic that’s been floating around for a couple years now. It’s just a concept pistol a guy came up with and then made a pretty amazing picture of his idea.

TLDR-It’s not real.

Mathew writes ….

Thought I would share something that I thought might make a fun Photo-of-the-Day…since you posted the HK P7 Field Strip video.

As an Industrial Designer I thought it would be fun to design a modern P7 concept. So I designed this a while back. Had originally posted it on HK Pro and M4Carbine. Great response.

The P9 M8, a mix of the classic P7m8 and the modern VP9. No squeeze cocker for simplicity and cost. Not to be confused with the P9 of the 1960s/70s. Could be an interesting product with HKs return to striker fire and the renewed popularity of single stacks now.

Compact P7-like size, single stack, slim, easy to conceal and optional back straps. I figure any future VP9 models in Compact and SubCompact will cover the front slide serration, rail, charging handle, higher cap mag user needs. Not a big fan of the Spiderman grip aesthetic, so i kept the P9 grip design closer to the P7 in shape and texture. Simple and classic.

https://www.thefirearmblog.com/blog/2016/03/11/potd-unofficial-concept-gun-hk-p9-m8/
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 6:56:25 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Looks like a Taurus...
View Quote

FACTS
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:16:12 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote
I prefer the paddle too, however, the button release makes sense on a smaller frame gun. It looks like a ambi release in the drawings, but maybe it's just reversible.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:17:52 PM EDT
[#48]
No paddle release
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:18:00 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:
I prefer the paddle too, however, the button release makes sense on a smaller frame gun. It looks like a ambi release in the drawings, but maybe it's just reversible.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

My beretta pico has a paddle mag release, and it’s tiny.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:20:29 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

Yeah, but...

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I would love to see HKs version of a 365...I'll get it in a second if so.

Who do you trust more, HK, SIG or S&W, when it comes to pistol quality? To me there's no comparison, HK makes the best quality pistols out there. You don't have to like them to admit they are some of the most durable, reliable pistols using top quality materials and methods.

Yeah, but...

Quoted:
I want it to be awesome, but knowing HK relative to its competition while it'll no doubt be quality it'll also be heavier, bigger, and hold less rounds.

Where are you getting twice the price? My VP9SK and P30SK LE models with night sights and three mags were both sub $600.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top