Page / 5
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:21:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Looks like another Glock copy
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:23:49 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

My beretta pico has a paddle mag release, and it's tiny.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

There's zero reason for a rail or an optic cut on a pistol the size of a p365.

Who wants a micro9 with a surefire and trijicon on it??

It's not a full size pistol, not a compact, not even a subcompact. It's smaller than all of them and you want to bolt a truck onto it.

I for one like to keep my micro 9 clean and as small as possible. That said, I like everything that I saw in the schematics. I'm a bit surprised by the button mag release and would've normally preferred the typical hk style, but I'll keep an open mind.
I prefer the paddle too, however, the button release makes sense on a smaller frame gun. It looks like a ambi release in the drawings, but maybe it's just reversible.

I put the larger HK45 paddle on my USPs. The regular paddle is a bit small.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:23:53 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

Any pistol you ever plan on having to shoot someone with needs a light on it.

Bad guys don't go home with the sun goes down.

https://www.ammoland.com/wp-content/uploads/2020/09/Surefire-Xsc-G43x.jpg
View Quote

You don’t need a light on your carry pistol. You need to carry a light, but it doesn’t have to be on your pistol. If you carry one on your pistol, you still need to carry one separate.

For home defense and otherwise, sure. Not needed or even a want for a carry gun. Close to useless even.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:39:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Where are you getting twice the price? My VP9SK and P30SK LE models with night sights and three mags were both sub $600.
View Quote

This is fair; HKs newer models have been much more affordably priced than the USPs, etc...
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:48:45 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

You don’t need a light on your carry pistol. You need to carry a light, but it doesn’t have to be on your pistol. If you carry one on your pistol, you still need to carry one.

For home defense and otherwise, sure. Not needed or even a want for a carry gun. Close to useless even.
View Quote

And yet as pistols continue to get smaller, rails and optic cuts continue to be more and more common and popular.

And light and optic manufacturers continue to introduce smaller lights and optics to fit them.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 10:54:44 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

And yet as pistols continue to get smaller, rails and optic cuts continue to be more and more common and popular.

And light and optic manufacturers continue to introduce smaller lights and optics to fit them.
View Quote

And? You don’t need a light on your carry gun. You want one, your preference. That wasn’t what was discussed here. The reality is you still have to carry a handheld even if you carry a light on your carry gun.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:00:36 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

And? You don’t need a light on your carry gun. You want one, your preference. That wasn’t what was discussed here. The reality is you still have to carry a handheld even if you carry a light on your carry gun.
View Quote

I don't have one on mine; but as I said before it will be a tough sell to people that they should buy a particular pistol when it has fewer features, and since it is an HK it is likely to cost more than current options from Sig and Springfield.

Don't have one? That's one thing. Can't mount one? That's another and means my options may be limited if I want to in the future.

And you're still not addressing the increasing popularity of red dots on carry guns.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:06:02 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I don't have one on mine; but as I said before it will be a tough sell to people that they should buy a particular pistol when it has fewer features, and since it is an HK it is likely to cost more than current options from Sig and Springfield.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree with you. More features are often better; and the compact pistol market is really benefiting from all these different options vs 10 years ago.Not what I was debating with the other guy though.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:12:22 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

My beretta pico has a paddle mag release, and it’s tiny.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

It's not a full size pistol, not a compact, not even a subcompact. It's smaller than all of them and you want to bolt a truck onto it.

I for one like to keep my micro 9 clean and as small as possible. That said, I like everything that I saw in the schematics. I'm a bit surprised by the button mag release and would've normally preferred the typical hk style, but I'll keep an open mind.
I prefer the paddle too, however, the button release makes sense on a smaller frame gun. It looks like a ambi release in the drawings, but maybe it's just reversible.

Picos kick ass
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:12:45 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Large HK paddles kick ass too
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:24:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

Picos kick ass
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Picos kick ass

It’s an awesome little pocket pistol. I wish they made something just like it but 9mm. The nano is way bigger.
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:29:00 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Let's be honest. There's no reason for it with those two guns except to appeal to the self imagined operators.

If you can carry a red dot and a light, you don't need a micro 9 and should step up to a subcompact or compact 9, if not a full size gun.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Well, the P365 and Hellcat certainly do.

Let's be honest. There's no reason for it with those two guns except to appeal to the self imagined operators.

If you can carry a red dot and a light, you don't need a micro 9 and should step up to a subcompact or compact 9, if not a full size gun.

*Angry poor noises*

Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:35:52 PM EDT
[#13]
All this bitching PLEASE.

It's something they are building for the Americans.

They are calling it the "Ghetto Blaster"!!!!
Link Posted: 5/24/2021 11:59:35 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ever hear of Harries or Rogers, just to name a few?

I didn’t think so.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:03:05 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
If they're cut for an optic I'm interested, if not then meh.
View Quote
Strong flex would be to cut them for the Trijicon RMRcc.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:47:52 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
I prefer the paddle too, however, the button release makes sense on a smaller frame gun.
View Quote

Paddle release makes even more sense on a compact concealed carry pistol.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 12:50:59 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:
Strong flex would be to cut them for the Trijicon RMRcc.
View Quote

I would buy it
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:09:40 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
All this bitching PLEASE.

It's something they are building for the Americans.

They are calling it the "Ghetto Blaster"!!!!
View Quote

Noveske copyrighted Ghetto Blaster years ago.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 1:40:59 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
That's right, real actual "breaking" news in GD for once! As soon as I heard about a new "big announcement" from HK I did some sleuthing. Found a patent just issued for a new handgun couple weeks ago. Remember you heard about it here first: https://uspto.report/patent/grant/D918,328#D00000
View Quote

....and I bet the mags are gonna cost $182636472738 like all their other mags.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:31:52 AM EDT
[#20]
Wish they’d get on with the announcement since the secrets is out.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 8:33:32 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wouldn’t surprise me if that is still an option looking at the shape of the cut out at the base of the trigger guard.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:30:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I prefer the paddle too, however, the button release makes sense on a smaller frame gun.

You think so? I use my trigger finger to release the magazine. On my SKs it jacks my grip up a little bit.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 10:36:57 AM EDT
[#23]
So, G43 size?  They're a little late, everyone want's G43x size.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:04:01 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

I didn’t think so.
View Quote

Sure.

And their doctrine made a lot of sense a few decades ago, before good compact weaponlights were a thing.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:12:15 AM EDT
[#25]
that looks nice on paper.
Link Posted: 5/25/2021 11:29:32 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

Sure.

And their doctrine made a lot of sense a few decades ago, before good compact weaponlights were a thing.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I didn’t think so.

Sure.

Decades ago?  Really?  Try the Rogers technique with that Maglite from decades ago.

These techniques are still being taught and utilized today.

Link Posted: 5/30/2021 10:13:03 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I guess it depends on role.  Is it a duty or house gun?  Or is it a convenient every-day light carry gun for the guy whose priority is easy unobtrusive while he is focusing on the daily aspects of his day?

This HK pistol for me, would be an easy concieler while doiing my day - not 15 yard dark alley night shots.  

Point being, the bad ass tactical pistol with 2 battery devices, likely would be safely sitting at home, rather than on me.  A bare pocket pistol, would be.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 10:56:49 AM EDT
[#28]
Needs a paddle mag release, plus an optic cut and I'm in.  HK has done a lot with the VP line recently and hopefully are applying those lessons here.  VP9SK that comes in about P365 wide would be perfect.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:05:08 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You’re not wrong.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:08:36 AM EDT
[#30]
Because the market was crying out with the need for a compact, striker fired, 9mm.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:13:03 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

Just to remind you, Glock is a revision of a 1970's HK model.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:13:08 AM EDT
[#32]
I'm just disappointed a picture from the event it was shown at hasn't leaked

(other than the pic with a corner of the grip)
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:18:20 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:21:15 AM EDT
[#34]
I’m glad the micro compact concept has become mainstream. This means smaller lights that are still plenty bright and smaller red dots to match the micro compact pistols. When manufactures compete we all win. Even if you don’t like HK or think your G43 is the best option, it doesn’t matter. Competition drives innovation.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:27:52 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
VP70 called.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 11:30:17 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
View Quote

Almost every striker fired polymer framed pistol has looked like a Glock since other companies started making them.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:30:58 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
I just bought the Shield Plus a couple weeks ago.
View Quote

I thought about one but can't find any magazines for sale, and they only come with one 13 round mag.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 12:58:37 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

speaking of copmpeting, call me when cz brings their piece to the 365 "clone" table.... if they "american" making them over in arkansas, they dont have the atf "points" scale to cntend with right? 75 is a great gun, compact is a great gun, p07 is cool, but they could all be so slimmer and shexier....

then, i f they wanna go hole hawg, we need an "offensive 9mm" platform from em like the glock 34 or mk 23, speaking of hk
View Quote

If CZ ever gets around to building the new plant in AR they might do that. Apparently financing problems are causing the hold up.

"As for CZG, the company's CZ-USA and Dan Wesson subsidiaries have locations in Kansas City, Kansas, and Norwich, New York. They produced 20,315 pistols, 10,565 rifles, and 58 revolvers in 2019 domestically. Two years ago, CZ-USA announced an important $90 million expansion in Arkansas, namely a 65,000-square-foot manufacturing facility to be completed on approximately 73 acres at the Port of Little Rock."

CZ factory delay
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 1:05:32 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

*Angry poor noises*

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

*Angry poor noises*

Poor? WTF? P365 is like $600, plus the added cost of the optic and light.

Pretty sure the whole idea was to pack as much versatility into the smallest, easily concealable package. P365xl with red dot and tlr7 is still much easier to conceal than a G19.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 1:23:39 PM EDT
[#40]
Will buy...
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 1:25:02 PM EDT
[#41]
Some if these posts make me wonder if half of them have ever touched any Hk let alone checked current pricing.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 1:25:38 PM EDT
[#42]
Sooooo they copied a Hi-Point?
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 1:41:24 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Pretty sure the whole idea was to pack as much versatility into the smallest, easily concealable package. P365xl with red dot and tlr7 is still much easier to conceal than a G19.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

$600 is not expensive for a handgun.

Quoted:

If CZ ever gets around to building the new plant in AR they might do that. Apparently financing problems are causing the hold up.

"As for CZG, the company's CZ-USA and Dan Wesson subsidiaries have locations in Kansas City, Kansas, and Norwich, New York. They produced 20,315 pistols, 10,565 rifles, and 58 revolvers in 2019 domestically. Two years ago, CZ-USA announced an important $90 million expansion in Arkansas, namely a 65,000-square-foot manufacturing facility to be completed on approximately 73 acres at the Port of Little Rock."

CZ factory delay

I've been wondering WTF is going on with that. Dan Wesson and Colt need to leave NY and CT respectively, and it seems like a lot of the problems with the Bren 2 rollout may be related to this delay.

Shades of operation chokepoint perhaps?
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 1:55:40 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Curious what exactly they are patenting, I looked it up.   Here is the patent claim:
https://patentimages.storage.googleapis.com/54/a2/0d/93654dbfc2bca3/USD918328.pdf

"The ornamental design for a handgun , as shown and described"

Heck, I was unaware you could patent that.   There was no other description.  Nothing to indicate caliber or round count.  I'm assuming it'll be a P365 13 round competitor; as I didn't see anything to indicate it's exclusively single-stack.
View Quote
Your screen name is fitting.

It's called a Design Patent i.e. not a Utility Patent.

God, the stupidity in this thread is overwhelming.

I'll be looking forward to a paddle mag release version.  If it's push-button only, then I'm not buying, and I'll stick with carrying my P7.  Don't care for optics cuts or even a pic rail, personally.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 1:58:37 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
Will buy...
View Quote

As long as it has paddle release
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 2:00:17 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Looks like a Taurus...
View Quote

Right.  I don't see anything great about this pistol at all.  And being single stack, it'll have lower capacity that other plastic striker fired pistols.  Being HK, it will cost a couple hundred or so extra.   hard pass
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 2:43:52 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will buy...

Yes.  Paddle only for me.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 3:19:49 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Will buy...

I kept hoping for a double-stack version of the PPS, but Walther doesn't appear interested and has apparently abandoned paddle releases also.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 10:16:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This.
Link Posted: 5/30/2021 10:32:52 PM EDT
[#50]
Paddle mag release and ambi slide stop have my interest.

Striker fired?
Ive had a bunch and always went back to hammer fired.

Fourth time is the charm?
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top