User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 7:30:33 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

It will be a while until I have the new one in my hot little hands, since I need to do the NFA transfer, and all the forms, etc,

Fortunately, it is a C&R NFA gun, so that should make it a little easier.  

Here's one of my semi-auto Madsens:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=45822

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=36420
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

My first Madsen, I bought outright from Dennis at Midwest Metal Creations, and I think it was about $3200 - which was maybe three years ago or so.  

My second Madsen I had him build from a complete parts kit I provided him about two years ago, and I think that ended up being around $2500, but I had a spare barrel/breech which can be hard to find.

My third Madsen, I actually bought yesterday, and it was quite a bit more - since it is an original full-auto NFA gun.

I may have a Madsen problem.  

We need pics mane.

It will be a while until I have the new one in my hot little hands, since I need to do the NFA transfer, and all the forms, etc,

Fortunately, it is a C&R NFA gun, so that should make it a little easier.  

Here's one of my semi-auto Madsens:
http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=45822

http://www.ar15.com/media/viewFile.html?i=36420

That looks like a metric fuckton of fun.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 7:44:35 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 8:19:40 PM EDT
[#3]
Those Madsens are cool even in semi. I almost bought one a couple of years ago to go with my other semi "MGs". M53/MG42/MG3/1919A4 That I've built.
Thats like have .22 STG thats fun to shoot. I'd be into one in 8mm Kurtz, dependent. For that kind of cash I'd want to wait on some high round count reviews.
I don't see anything wrong with a semi STG 44 version if thats all you can afford...hell even my AR and AK's are just semi's and that's all I'll ever have. A "real" STG44 was select fire BTW, so you could at least get part of the feel of shooting a replica in semi. Even my HK's and L1A1 are semi "clones" for that matter.
In fact I've been considering selling off a few guns and getting a replica made semi auto FG42 in 8mm which is about 6K. Though I'm sure that sort of gun is not for everyone, they are what I collect and make me happy to shoot and look at.
Here's a few of my "impracticable" semi clones BTW.

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 8:21:20 PM EDT
[#4]
I'm in for one at $1200 ish.  Provided the reviews are good.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 8:40:00 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Shhh. Let everyone whine about the other caliber choices. And don't tell them you can swap barrels.

This thread is a shining example of why the gun community can't have nice (and different) things.

Waaaahhh! It's not in the original caliber!
Waaaahhh! If it's not $100 I'm not buying!
Waaaahhh! I can't be bothered to watch the videos before spouting incorrect shit!
Waaaahhh! Why would anyone buy this!

STFU, and FFS let the market decide. Good on HMG for bothering to stick their necks out and take the risk. If it succeeds great. If not, oh well. The important thing is it gives us all more choices and options.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
At least they offer it in the original caliber.

Shhh. Let everyone whine about the other caliber choices. And don't tell them you can swap barrels.

This thread is a shining example of why the gun community can't have nice (and different) things.

Waaaahhh! It's not in the original caliber!
Waaaahhh! If it's not $100 I'm not buying!
Waaaahhh! I can't be bothered to watch the videos before spouting incorrect shit!
Waaaahhh! Why would anyone buy this!

STFU, and FFS let the market decide. Good on HMG for bothering to stick their necks out and take the risk. If it succeeds great. If not, oh well. The important thing is it gives us all more choices and options.

Well to be honest  it drives me nuts when somebody post a thread that says something like "XYZ company is going to make semi (Which is redundant because new F/A is impossible to get unless you are a cop or playing fast and loose with a Dealer/Manufacturer license) replica of a T99 LMG" and over half the post are some variation of:
It has to be in 5.56 (The 300blk crowd is just as obnoxious but for the point of this rant well go with a round the US military actually uses)
It has to have a pistol grip
It would be more practical if the fed from the bottom.
It has to have a AR-15 style gas system.

WELL BUY AN AR-15 THEN!!!!! (sorry I stole your rant style there)

Now the people whining about price point that is a given, there are a a lot of cheap people in the gun world (You will notice how the Troy sale thread have no post but tons of views)
The only time I can think of when this didn't happen was when the new AUG came out and it was 2k+
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 8:46:26 PM EDT
[#6]
This is why nothing beats an AR15.

This things needs to introduce a "new" caliber  yeah you can buy some from Norma
in any other caliber will look wrong and tarded.

its  bound to fail before it even ships.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 8:52:05 PM EDT
[#7]
Oh fuck yes I'm in for one in 762x39
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 8:53:55 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:
The Madsen is hilarious to shoot.  It has a real steampunk feel to it - which is appropriate, because it was LITERALLY designed in the Victorian era.  

The charging handle rotates down and back, with a wonderful heavy "ka-chunk" sound, and the barrel reciprocates about two inches with each shot.  

I cannot wait to have a true full-auto one to shoot.  Relatively low rpm - around 500 or so, I think.  

Also, despite being designed in the 1800s, it has detachable 30 and 40 round mags, integral bipod, quick-change barrels (takes about 8-10 seconds), light enough to carry, and an amazing tripod with travel and elevation (which the MG 34/42 tripod is based on).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kNV4pWy4EJU
View Quote

It's essentially a full auto Martini Henry in function.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 10:21:11 PM EDT
[#9]
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:09:37 PM EDT
[#10]
For $1800 it should come with a free oven mitt to keep you from burning your support hand on the small, metal handguard.
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:45:27 PM EDT
[#11]
On the Ostfront you'd already have a heavy mitten on.

In the West you can use the magazine as a handhold.

Los!
Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:45:49 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

It's really hard to imagine what could possibly be more awesome than that.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The Madsen is hilarious to shoot.  It has a real steampunk feel to it - which is appropriate, because it was LITERALLY designed in the Victorian era.  

The charging handle rotates down and back, with a wonderful heavy "ka-chunk" sound, and the barrel reciprocates about two inches with each shot.  

I cannot wait to have a true full-auto one to shoot.  Relatively low rpm - around 500 or so, I think.  

Also, despite being designed in the 1800s, it has detachable 30 and 40 round mags, integral bipod, quick-change barrels (takes about 8-10 seconds), light enough to carry, and an amazing tripod with travel and elevation (which the MG 34/42 tripod is based on).

Link Posted: 12/6/2015 11:58:05 PM EDT
[#13]

Quoted:

On the Ostfront you'd already have a heavy mitten on.

In the West you can use the magazine as a handhold.

Los!
View Quote
I'm thinking an old leather sling wrapped around the handguard might work decently and not look too out of place.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:37:17 AM EDT
[#14]
If it looks good IDE buy one in x39 most likely.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 12:42:37 AM EDT
[#15]
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:00:48 AM EDT
[#16]
I am so hard right now...
I want one.  Bad.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:04:20 AM EDT
[#17]
cool but don't really want
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:09:17 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Pom-Pom?

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:22:24 AM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

A Pom-Pom?

https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/thumb/b/bb/QF1pounderGunIWMApril2008.jpg/800px-QF1pounderGunIWMApril2008.jpg

Youd be the cool guy at the mg shoots.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:26:55 AM EDT
[#20]
"I say Hiram that gun of yours is splendid. Do you think you could improve upon it?"

"Why yes. Yes I think I could. We'll make it fire one pound shells."

"Brilliant!"
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:31:00 AM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
If it is in anything but 8mm Kurz, using anything but reproduction StG-44 mags, it's fucking gay and can go eat dicks in gayland.
View Quote

Becauae $400 mags for a $5000 gun sounds awesome.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:32:55 AM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Even the Germans disagree:

http://i.imgur.com/rHgPUMa.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Imagine the minds that will be blown when someone tops it with an aimpoint or acog.  Nein, Sturm is fine!!
I can't wait to see one done that way.  

http://cdn.meme.am/instances2/500x/3117444.jpg
Even the Germans disagree:

http://i.imgur.com/rHgPUMa.jpg

Vampir?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:52:51 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

This things needs to introduce a "new" caliber  yeah you can buy some from Norma

View Quote

You just...don't get it, do you?
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:00:32 AM EDT
[#24]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

If it is in anything but 8mm Kurz, using anything but reproduction StG-44 mags, it's fucking gay and can go eat dicks in gayland.

And I never knew how integral the magazine was to the gun actually operating. I'm kind of a purist when it comes to guns like this, but hearing their explanations for the changes they made I can understand and accept them. I'd have to see a picture of the gun before I placed an order, but it looks right I'll be one of the first to buy one.

Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:29:27 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

The difference between two completely different cars is not even close to being an analogy/parallel

If someone said they wanted to buy a Ford Fusion, but spend twice as much as a regular Ford Fusion by putting in a Camry engine, THEN you'd have a valid comparison.  If someone wanted to do that in GD, most people would tell him he was crazy.  

The D in GD stands for discussion.  I'm not saying people shouldn't like an abomination like a Stg44 replica in 7.62x39, or that they shouldn't be allowed to buy one - in fact I have repeatedly acknowledged that such people do exist.  I am merely pointing out that they are crazy - just like the hypothetical guy who wants to pay $50k for a Ford Fusion with a Carmy engine.

Do you never disagree with anyone in GD?  Do you never tell people that you think they are wrong?  Must be a pretty boring experience for you to use the site.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Agreed.

What's the point of a Stg replica in an AK caliber?  Just buy an AK and save tons of money.

What's the point of a Ford Fusion, when you can buy a Toyota Camry, and have pretty much the same damn thing?

GD: The Home Of:

STOP LIKING THINGS I DON'T LIKE!

WHY DOESN'T EVERY COMPANY MAKE ALL THEIR PRODUCTS EXACTLY LIKE I WANT THEM?

WHY DOES THAT COMPANY MAKE SOMETHING I DO NOT LIKE

The difference between two completely different cars is not even close to being an analogy/parallel

If someone said they wanted to buy a Ford Fusion, but spend twice as much as a regular Ford Fusion by putting in a Camry engine, THEN you'd have a valid comparison.  If someone wanted to do that in GD, most people would tell him he was crazy.  

The D in GD stands for discussion.  I'm not saying people shouldn't like an abomination like a Stg44 replica in 7.62x39, or that they shouldn't be allowed to buy one - in fact I have repeatedly acknowledged that such people do exist.  I am merely pointing out that they are crazy - just like the hypothetical guy who wants to pay $50k for a Ford Fusion with a Carmy engine.

Do you never disagree with anyone in GD?  Do you never tell people that you think they are wrong?  Must be a pretty boring experience for you to use the site.  

But what if the ford fusion was the first car every built, and it was super iconic, and the only ford fusions available in the US were old 1940s models that had been disassembled with an oxy acetylene torch and stored in a vat of marine grease?  And once these ford fusions were painstakingly assembled, they only ran on JP-8?  Then I might in interested in a late-model ford fusion with a camry motor.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:32:44 AM EDT
[#26]
New Stg mags are gonna be made.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 2:50:02 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
New Stg mags are gonna be made.
View Quote

Yes but they are a stanag version that wont work in to originals. I am curious if they will work for a 8 kurz AR build...
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 6:55:28 AM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

$400 Mags that have about a 60% Chance of NOT WORKING effectively...let's not forget that part
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 7:05:50 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote

Wat?????
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 10:57:21 AM EDT
[#30]
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:00:43 AM EDT
[#31]
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 11:55:17 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 1:56:53 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
Can a MKb42H  be all that far behind ???
View Quote

Watch the vids people. It is a hybrid of that design. A true MKb can never be done as it is an open bolt gun.
Link Posted: 12/7/2015 5:35:28 PM EDT
[#35]

How far is that rear sight regulated for?
Link Posted: 12/11/2015 4:18:43 PM EDT
[#36]
Page / 5
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top