[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
View Quote

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:43:32 AM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Have the same...

One complaint with it is the wheels fucking SUCK.   They would rather skid sideways over concrete than let the goddamn caster turn and have the wheel, oh I do not know, FUCKING ROLL.

The drawers/keys are basically identical to the HomeDepot Husky stuff.  I have a smaller stacking Husky and that is what I compared it to.
View Quote

Harbor Freight Tool Chest Caster Wheel Upgrade

The wheels do suck...
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:50:47 AM EDT
[#3]
And if you are going to change your wheels, might as well stiffen up your box like this...

Harbor Freight Tool Chest Modification
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:53:39 AM EDT
[#4]
They just sent a mailer for 25% any item, no brand exclusions, in store only, tomorrow (Dec 29) only, Inside Track Members.  

Membership is $30.  If anyone is on the fence about getting a box, tomorrow is the day.  The membership is $30 and it will way more than pay for itself with this single purchase.

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 1:19:21 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
I have the 26" setup. works good for me.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497148/HF-2_JPG-2648923.JPG

Some Scotch 35+ in blue on the handles for a custom look.
View Quote

I have the exact same setup as SC-Notary, including Color.

We have a number of these rolling around our Aerospace shop, nobody has had anything bad to say about the US General line.

I like them alot.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 7:34:18 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
They just sent a mailer for 25% any item, no brand exclusions, in store only, tomorrow (Dec 29) only, Inside Track Members.  

Membership is $30.  If anyone is on the fence about getting a box, tomorrow is the day.  The membership is $30 and it will way more than pay for itself with this single purchase.

https://go.harborfreight.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/12/180915_25.png
View Quote

The fine print at the bottom excludes all big ticket stuff, including boxes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 7:45:57 AM EDT
[#7]
Unfortunately, you’re a little late for the best option of Black Friday.

I bought a Kobalt box from Lowe’s and a Husky box from HD, a year or two apart. Both were very good deals.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 7:54:27 AM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I have small husky I bought based strictly on a size requirement.

My Harbor Freight US General stuff is better built.
View Quote

Husky quality depends on which “level” of box you buy.  They have cheaper budget stuff and more premium options.  Mine is one of the premium ones, and it’s excellent.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:29:02 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View Quote

Guess it's time to purchase my Badlands APEX 12000# winch with synthetic rope
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:50:25 AM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Guess it's time to purchase my Badlands APEX 12000# winch with synthetic rope
View Quote

Don't know if it will work or not.  Coupon says that it can't be combined with other coupons or promotions and the winch is already on sale for inside track members ($580).

Link Posted: 12/29/2022 9:39:16 AM EDT
[#11]
I got the same 25% coupon and after reading the fine print, it’s only good for shit like gloves or tarps.  Not worth the 30 mile round trip.  
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:03:30 AM EDT
[#13]
Harbor Freight boxes have increased in price a lot the past couple years.

A used Snap On, Matco, Mac can be had for similar if not less than a Harbor Freight box.

If you have a Menards, their masterforce tool boxes are good for the money.

Bought this a couple years ago for a second box since my newer snap on is filled. It was $700.00

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:06:33 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
I have the 26" setup. works good for me.https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/497148/HF-2_JPG-2648923.JPG

Some Scotch 35+ in blue on the handles for a custom look.
View Quote

Same setup that I have.....even the color. I also have a Husky 4 drawer that I use for power tools. It looks ok but the Husky does not feel like it will hold up over time.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:35:54 AM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
Has anyone blocked the wheels (or built a pedestal) and used one as a reloading bench?
View Quote

I took the bottoms of two cheap ones and put a old countertop on them. I have a metal cutter and hole press on mine. Works good, but don’t know if it would work unless you bolted it down for a reloading press on the edge.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:43:41 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

@bulump

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/366627/D7F966B7-C5C2-4E30-A14E-4FA68A2F1E03_jpe-2652265.JPGhttps://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/366627/0E96F5B1-6162-4371-81E9-59C1656C15A3_jpe-2652266.JPG

I would not recommend hanging any cabinets above the press. I plan to upgrade but I’m not sure if I have room with the Ultramount.
View Quote

thanks!
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 12:41:31 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Shit, I guess you are right.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 1:57:07 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Now I’m all bummed out.

If anyone sees a 10%+ coupon for boxes again please let me know as I may just get a top and both side boxes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 7:12:26 PM EDT
[#19]
I called the store to ask if they had any top boxes in stock and the guy and I chatted for a bit.  It turns out he’s the manager.

He mentioned they were wiped out but that I could have ordered one as a pre-sale and offered to give me 20% off of my order if I came in the next couple of days.

Needless to say I drove over and ordered a top box and one of each type of side boxes.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:15:42 PM EDT
[#20]
I have found the lockers to be quite helpful. It can hold the big stuff.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:20:06 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
I have found the lockers to be quite helpful. It can hold the big stuff.
View Quote

That’s what I was thinking as well.

I’ll be into the set for $1459 including the top box, bottom box, side cabinet w/ drawers, and the side locker.

I don’t think that’s bad at all and I’d say I got my money’s worth out of that $30 membership ??

I really don’t need that much space currently, however, I’m guessing I’ll grow into it and since the Series 2 is going away I figured I’d better jump on them now.
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 8:30:38 PM EDT
[#22]
I've got tons of friends that love them.  Mine are husky but only because my only super power is walking into HD 5 seconds after a forklift driver hits something.  

Everything around here is dented but was 50 to 70% off
Link Posted: 12/29/2022 10:40:26 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
I called the store to ask if they had any top boxes in stock and the guy and I chatted for a bit.  It turns out he’s the manager.

He mentioned they were wiped out but that I could have ordered one as a pre-sale and offered to give me 20% off of my order if I came in the next couple of days.

Needless to say I drove over and ordered a top box and one of each type of side boxes.
View Quote

Sweet!  
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top