Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 4
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:06:10 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Out of curiousity, I just checked my box of Dewalt nails.

Made in Poland.  

POLAND!  Who has anything made in Poland?
View Quote
Kielbasa.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:09:14 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Made in Poland.  

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.  A lot of Dewalt is made in China ironically.

Some are made stateside with global parts.

Made in Poland.  

My grandmother. She was made in Poland.

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:09:28 PM EDT
[#3]
Inside Track Club Master Race checking in, too.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:11:00 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
So is Bosch.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I know.  A lot of Dewalt is made in China ironically.
So is Bosch.

All of Milwaukee, arfcom's favorite cordless brand, is made in China by a Chinese owned company.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:13:17 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:
Jack stands (6 ton and 3 ton), floor jack, hand tools, vice, air tools, sockets, rags, zip strips, PPE, tape, extension cords, drill...all good (I blew my vice up trying to press a U-joint out of an F-150 drive shaft one time, they replaced it with a new one for free even though it was my fault.  I haven't repeated that mistake)

Tool boxes look good but I went with a Menards Masterforce box, it was too good of a deal for an excellent box.
View Quote

I thought the jack stands were a no-go
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:13:18 PM EDT
[#6]
My HF purchases are mainly zip ties, air chuck supplies, wire brushes, consumables, plastic parts trays, picks, small brushes, etc.....no major tools, well maybe I have a dead blow hammer in my tool box.

But I am considering their General Tool boxes for my shop expansion.  They get a lot of good reviews online and seem to be durable

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:13:34 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
…near me . What should I avoid at all cost ? Are their tool boxes any good ? Any good or bad experiences appreciated . Thanks in advance
View Quote

Avoid those 15 hp Predator Engines. Bought one to replace a clapped out Honda GX390. The first one ate the rings in little more than a week and started using oil as fast as gas. Harbor Freight exchanged it for a new one and I put it in the Wife’s UTV. Worked great for a week running smooth. Now no spark at all and troubleshooted as a BAD F#%G COIL !! Wife just called and she’s besides herself throwing shit down in the barn and wants to throw that engine thru their front window. She needs that UTV every day. Beyond disappointed ??
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:13:45 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

All gone.

In fact in my knife thread we shun BM.

A member of the thread literally put his knife into a belt grinder and turned it to dust.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Were you a Benchmade fanboi?

All gone.

In fact in my knife thread we shun BM.

A member of the thread literally put his knife into a belt grinder and turned it to dust.

Ha, I guess that is putting your money where your mouth is.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:13:47 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I love supporting China. Accelerationism FTW. Our government and corporations do so to save a buck. Why shouldn't the little guy? We make no difference.
View Quote

That's at least intellectually honest.

Arf likes to say "fuck China", "we should nuke them" and "I'm never eating at Panda Express again" but on the other hand loves cheap Chinese products.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:15:49 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
I'm in mourning today. One of my $10 HF angle grinders died this morning. It had a life of HARD use though. The other had another 45 minute continuous session with a wire brush on it for a second day in a row. This one has had many hours cleaning rusty metal. It has been tortured many times and is still going.
View Quote

What died on it? The angle gearbox, power cord, switch, or brushes?

Oftentimes, the brushes just wear down and stop making contact. New brushes - GTG.

IMHO YMMV
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:16:28 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
Jack stands (6 ton and 3 ton), floor jack, hand tools, vice, air tools, sockets, rags, zip strips, PPE, tape, extension cords, drill...all good (I blew my vice up trying to press a U-joint out of an F-150 drive shaft one time, they replaced it with a new one for free even though it was my fault.  I haven't repeated that mistake)

Tool boxes look good but I went with a Menards Masterforce box, it was too good of a deal for an excellent box.
View Quote

Negative on the jack stands.

https://www.caranddriver.com/news/a33238450/harbor-freight-recalls-replacement-pittsburgh-jack-stands/
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:23:52 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Icon > Snap On
View Quote

Off topic, but I retired from the refining business and our plant machinist cracked bowling balls for fun during their coffee break.  If it can be broken, they could do it and we would spend upwards of 25K or more tooling up each machinist with Snap-On tools.

We went through Snap On battery impact wrenches like an Ihop goes through eggs....they would not last....then our tool guy bought some of those 19.6v Craftsman battery impact wrenches.  We bought 20 or 25 of them for the Katrina restart and when I retired in 2020 half of them were still in service.  

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:29:13 PM EDT
[#13]
Their Taiwanese made stuff is damn good
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:42:10 PM EDT
[#14]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:42:30 PM EDT
[#15]
3 of them, out of the dozens that are good.  Checked the 6 I have, none are on the list.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:49:42 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Avoid harbor freight at all cost.
View Quote

Link Posted: 7/27/2022 9:59:22 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:07:54 PM EDT
[#18]

You should never buy a GMC.  Or Honda.  Or Chevy.  Or BMW.  Or Ram.  Or Ford.  Or Stanisjeepwhatever, or any other car made from every single worldwide automaker.

They've all had recalls.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:11:37 PM EDT
[#19]
We might be neighbors, one just opened in town around here in a used to be grocery store.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 10:54:01 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Can't stress this enough. When the whole store smells like rubber degrading.....run.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:01:01 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Arf likes to say "fuck China", "we should nuke them" and "I'm never eating at Panda Express again" but on the other hand loves cheap Chinese products.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I love supporting China. Accelerationism FTW. Our government and corporations do so to save a buck. Why shouldn't the little guy? We make no difference.

Can the average American really afford American products?  I'd think not.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:14:51 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Can the average American really afford American products?  I'd think not.
View Quote

In the words of Arf: "Stop being poor" apparently it's as easy as that
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:25:58 PM EDT
[#23]
I've bought some stuff there.

Last purchase was for a 9500 watt Predator inverter generator. Got 25% off of it
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:31:27 PM EDT
[#24]
Sorry not going to spend $12k+ for a Generac or Kohler generator then $300+ a year for them to cone out and service it to maintain warranty coverage.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:38:53 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:47:07 PM EDT
[#26]
I get tarps, cheap clamps, zip ties and other disposables. No point paying top dollar for minor throw away items
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:47:11 PM EDT
[#27]
Predator generators are legit. My cousin runs a food truck and he says that all of the food trucks in his group run predator generators and then run nonstop without any problems.
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:49:05 PM EDT
[#28]
Their cheap ass cut off wheels and flap wheels outperform Norton at a fraction of the price.  
Link Posted: 7/27/2022 11:53:47 PM EDT
[#29]
Tried a rolling tool box with wood top. Can’t have floor model so I order one. Get home open box, install wheels, only three touch

Returned it, never again
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:02:29 AM EDT
[#30]
The wife and I actually just bought a roof rack for our new RAV4. We have an upcoming road trip and wanted extra space.

Haul-Master 150lb Cargo Carrier for $99.

The REI equivalent was $499 if I remember correctly.

I’ll report back for how it goes, but it seems pretty sturdy and straightforward. Not a lot of complex parts on this.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:04:37 AM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

Do some research, WalMart is one of the few store chains that carries thousands of Made in USA products.  But it's much cooler to bash on an American company that employs Americans.
View Quote

they do lobby to ban guns now.  so there is that. Not spent a penny there in 4 years.  Used the shitter a few times since though.  Might price things there.

I was curious about ammo last time I was there, since my dentist is next door.   All they carried was 12 and 20 gauge now.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:05:47 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Made in Poland.  

View Quote

some of  our companies  circuit boards are made there now,  instead of finland or malaysia.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:07:25 AM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Their Invertor Predator generators are fantastic for the $. I have owned quite a few over the last three years in the food truck business. We beat them to death and they work… very well. And unlike many products they keep getting better. They have upgraded features every year.
View Quote

they have a factory in Dillon here.  mainly for all the electronic stuff. Think it gets last assembly or quick test.  not sure what else they do. Fairly big place.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:10:08 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View Quote

they had that recall on jackstands. its still posted at the stores here. not sure which models. Ill avoid and look for US made second hand ones if I have to.   My old roomate kept mine.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:11:01 AM EDT
[#35]
anything i've ever bought at HF has yet to fail me...

I'll keep shopping there

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:11:02 AM EDT
[#36]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:13:20 AM EDT
[#37]
ICON tools they have are pretty damn good.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:17:40 AM EDT
[#38]
Their impact sockets are some of the best you can get. Been abusing them for years in various drive sizes with no failures.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:23:28 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

Do more research, Walmart as a company gives money to Dems and Michael Bloomberg/ Everytown. Why do you like gun control so much?
View Quote

I can’t imagine muddling through life with this much static in my head, somehow tying every move I make to the gun control boogeyman. Unreal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:25:15 AM EDT
[#40]
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:31:17 AM EDT
[#41]
I like and use the LED shop lights.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:39:28 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
America first only matters until price enters into the equation.
View Quote

Yep.

America first if it's free, then it's America last over a couple of bucks
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:43:49 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

You should never buy a GMC.  Or Honda.  Or Chevy.  Or BMW.  Or Ram.  Or Ford.  Or Stanisjeepwhatever, or any other car made from every single worldwide automaker.

They've all had recalls.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

They've all had recalls.

Feel free to use the defective stands all you want sunshine
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:46:30 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Ha, I guess that is putting your money where your mouth is.
View Quote

Seriously.

I spend thousands on knives a year. BM is dead to me.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:48:10 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

Does Harbor Freight not employ thousands of Americans?  Does Harbor Freight not provide products to tens of thousands of Americans who use said product to earn a living?
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:49:37 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

I can’t imagine muddling through life with this much static in my head, somehow tying every move I make to the gun control boogeyman. Unreal.
View Quote

It's really easy. My local grocery store doesn't give money to dems or gun control advocates so I shop there.

When lived somewhere where Walmart was the closest and cheapest I drove across town to spend more elsewhere.

Link Posted: 7/28/2022 12:59:03 AM EDT
[#47]
Keep to simple, tools and such.  Person down the road from me bought an atv stand, it collapsed and cost the end of his finger.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:22:12 AM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yep.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yep.

So you'd pay $8 for two 6"x3/4" nap roller covers, if you could even find made in USA, instead of $2.50 (with 30% off coupon) for the same size roller cover when you need to paint over a stucco patch on a window you replaced knowing you'll throw then away in 20 minutes?

You do you, I'll spend the rest of that $5.50 on something else and I won't virtue signal.

For disposable consumables and one time or seldom use items the store serves a purpose. Though again, you all are free to virtue signal.
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 1:26:21 AM EDT
[#49]
Harbor Freight has upped it's game in recent years.
It's no longer cheap shit sold with deep discount coupons.
They now remind me of the old Sears model  where they had good, better, best lines of tools.

The Good-Better-Best Approach to Pricing

"A multitiered offering can use a stripped-down product (the “Good” option) to attract new customers, the existing product (“Better”) to keep current customers happy, and a feature-laden premium version (“Best”) to increase spending by customers who want more."
Link Posted: 7/28/2022 2:38:09 AM EDT
[#50]
Page / 4
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top