BCM
User Panel

Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Posted: 2/10/2024 10:24:02 AM EDT
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:25:39 AM EDT
[#1]
I steam them.

13 minutes in a steam basket over boiling water, remove and ice water bath to cool them.

Perfect every time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:27:19 AM EDT
[#2]
Pressure pot 9 min.  Put in ice water after.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:27:35 AM EDT
[#3]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:28:00 AM EDT
[#4]
Hands down the best way I've ever tried, perfect every time.

For hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot (or any pressure cooker), I recommend the 5-5-5-method, which means: 5 minutes pressure cook time. 5 minutes natural release. 5 minutes sitting in an ice bath.

If you don't have a pressure cooker, go get you one! They are awesome.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:29:03 AM EDT
[#5]
5-5-5-5 Instant pot method
5 minutes to come to pressure
5 minutes cook time
5 minutes natural release
5 minute cold water bath
They just about jump out of the shell. Every other non-pressure cooker method I've ever used is garbage and results in tore up eggs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:31:23 AM EDT
[#6]
14 minutes in boiling water then soak in ice water.

Keep it simple
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:32:43 AM EDT
[#7]
Hot start
Boil water first, drop in eggs gently with tongs.
Lower heat to a light boil for 12-15 minutes depending on preference.
Pour off hot water and run cool water in the pot for 30 seconds
Let sit in cool water for a couple minutes
Should peel easily
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:33:43 AM EDT
[#8]
OP, so far these come out perfect every time for me.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:34:18 AM EDT
[#9]
Pot with water and some olive oil, maybe a tbsp probably less. Put eggs in cold water and oil, bring to boil, remove pot, let sit for 13 minutes, pour out hot water, pour cold tap water over eggs, start peeling when cooled.
Edit: forgot about the shaking them in a glass before peeling that someone else posted.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:35:09 AM EDT
[#10]
Amazon Product
  • SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Dash Rapid Egg Cooker is the ORIGINAL (and most trusted) egg cooker on the market, for perfect eggs, your way, EVERY TIME, we guarantee it.

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:35:19 AM EDT
[#11]
I boil a lot of eggs.
I use cold tap water to cover the eggs with 1" above the eggs. Don't crowd too many, need a little water between them. Set the pot on high and get it to boiling. Let it boil for 1 min then turn off the heat and cover the pot with a lid. Set a timer for 10 mins. After 10 mins I rinse them in a strainer with cold tap water for a couple minutes.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:36:11 AM EDT
[#12]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:36:48 AM EDT
[#13]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
5 minutes cook time
5 minute cold water bath
They just about jump out of the shell. Every other non-pressure cooker method I've ever used is garbage and results in tore up eggs.
View Quote

This
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:36:59 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

For hard boiled eggs in the Instant Pot (or any pressure cooker), I recommend the 5-5-5-method, which means: 5 minutes pressure cook time. 5 minutes natural release. 5 minutes sitting in an ice bath.

View Quote

Yup, perfect every time. Shells slide right off. Couldn't be easier
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:38:19 AM EDT
[#15]
Put eggs in water, let it come to a boil for 8 minutes. Turn heat off give it about another minute and put under cold water.
Add salt to the water about a teaspoon or more I dont measure it. Helps with peeling them.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:40:40 AM EDT
[#16]
Std boil for 15/20 min, remove from heat keep in hot water 15 min.  Dain then let sit in cold as you can water, throw some ice in there if you want.     Perfect cook and super easy peel.  

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:40:45 AM EDT
[#17]
This:  

Amazon Product
  • SATISFACTION GUARANTEED: Dash Deluxe Rapid Egg Cooker is based off the ORIGINAL (and most trusted) egg cooker on the market, for perfect eggs, your way, EVERY TIME, we guarantee it! Now with TWICE the egg cooking capacity!
  • QUICK + EASY: Short on time? Simply choose your preferred eggs (or steamed food) and set the timer. The auto-shut off function prevents overcooking, and the buzzer will alert you when your eggs (or steamed foods) are ready. Its so simple, even your kids can use it
  • VERSATILE: This is the PERFECT appliance for picky eaters, large families, or those who have busy schedules. Hard boiled eggs, soft boiled eggs, poached eggs, scrambled eggs, and individual omelets, all within minutes of the push start button - it couldn't be easier!

Got it on sale, bought another at full price as a backup.  Easy to use, good eggs every time.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:42:53 AM EDT
[#18]
For peeling, shake them in a jar with a little bit of water.  That was a game changer when I learned the trick.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:43:24 AM EDT
[#19]
You need a big pot with a lot of water especially if you are doing large batches. Let the eggs come to room temp before boiling them. The idea is to not let the water temp drop to where it needs a bunch of time to recover to a boil after you drop the eggs. Have a timer and a large ice bath ready to go. If you can load the eggs in a basket or strainer with a handle, so they all go in and out at the same time it will produce best result. 12.5min boil time for hard boil, 7.5 minutes for medium with custardy yolk. Ice bath 5-10min.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:47:55 AM EDT
[#20]
Don't boil them. Bake them.

Put eggs in muffin/cupcake tin. Bake at 325 degrees for 25 minutes.

Pull out and let cool.

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:49:57 AM EDT
[#21]
Instant pot

6min, quick release

Cool in ice water

Peel easy and cooked perfect everytime
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:50:38 AM EDT
[#22]
Eggs in water,  heat 12 min.

Dunk in ice water

Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:55:25 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
Std boil for 15/20 min, remove from heat keep in hot water 15 min.  Dain then let sit in cold as you can water, throw some ice in there if you want.     Perfect cook and super easy peel.  

View Quote
Damn cuz, I hate any egg with a runny yellow, but you have greatly surpassed my own aversion to underdone eggs.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:56:39 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

I’d get an Instant Pot just to do hardboiled eggs. It works that well. It’s so easy to peel and they come out perfect.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:57:49 AM EDT
[#26]
The aforementioned steam cookers are the best. Get an egg pricker for easy peeling. I use mine everyday one of the few one trick appliances worth owning imo.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 10:59:54 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View Quote

Now try the same thing at 4-4-5+

You’re welcome
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:00:34 AM EDT
[#28]
The easiest surefire way to do perfect eggs is to break the membrane first. Tap the fat end of the egg a few times with a spoon until you hear it (can't miss it). After that, really any method will give you easy peeling.

Generally speaking, even if you don't do that, rapid cooking (drop into boiling water) and cooling (ice bath) is pretty helpful as well.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:01:43 AM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

Keep it simple
View Quote

My method is similar.

Put all eggs in pot and cover with water just barely.

Bring to a boil.

Continue boiling for 12 minutes.

Then to ice bath.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:03:43 AM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
The easiest surefire way to do perfect eggs is to break the membrane first. Tap the fat end of the egg a few times with a spoon until you hear it (can't miss it). After that, really any method will give you easy peeling.

Generally speaking, even if you don't do that, rapid cooking (drop into boiling water) and cooling (ice bath) is pretty helpful as well.
View Quote
I might try both of these. In the past I have found if I drop eggs in boiling water they just crack and then the white gets all up in the pot. Instant pot sounds like a good way to go too.
We boil a fair amount of eggs, and I was going crazy trying to peel eggs without destroying them. Did some research and found that adding oil seems to help. We've been doing that recently and they have peeled a lot easier, in combination with the banging the eggs around in a glass.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:06:16 AM EDT
[#31]
I take a pin and puncture one end of the shell; this prevents the shell from cracking during the boil.

I then plunge the eggs in boiling water. I like my eggs cooked for 7 minutes.

When done, pour off the water. Bounce the eggs in the pot a few times to crack the shells, then pour in cold water and let the eggs cool for about a minute.

Doing that allows you to peel the shells off easy without them getting stuck to the egg.

Enjoy!
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:06:32 AM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
I might try both of these. In the past I have found if I drop eggs in boiling water they just crack and then the white gets all up in the pot. Instant pot sounds like a good way to go too.
We boil a fair amount of eggs, and I was going crazy trying to peel eggs without destroying them. Did some research and found that adding oil seems to help. We've been doing that recently and they have peeled a lot easier, in combination with the banging the eggs around in a glass.
View Quote

I lower mine in carefully with a spoon. If you just drop them in, it seems like the impact and the temperature shock together are very likely to cause breaking. You might still have one or two crack, but they're still edible. And for the ease of peeling, even if one cracks and gets leaky it's still less loss than an unpeelable egg.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:07:21 AM EDT
[#33]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:11:54 AM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:
5 minutes cook time
5 minute cold water bath
View Quote

Another +1 for instant the pot method

First time I did it I was surprised how good it came out. I didn't think boiled eggs came in anything but overcooked gray from my childhood
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:15:01 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

I lower mine in carefully with a spoon. If you just drop them in, it seems like the impact and the temperature shock together are very likely to cause breaking. You might still have one or two crack, but they're still edible. And for the ease of peeling, even if one cracks and gets leaky it's still less loss than an unpeelable egg.
View Quote
Makes sense
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:25:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Pressure cooker x87
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:26:07 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is the way
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:28:28 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
5 minutes cook time
5 minute cold water bath
View Quote

^this
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:37:22 AM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:40:09 AM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Another +1 for instant the pot method

First time I did it I was surprised how good it came out. I didn't think boiled eggs came in anything but overcooked gray from my childhood
View Quote

true story.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:42:06 AM EDT
[#41]

That's the same unit we have. I can assure you no one in the house will miss the alarm going off when it's done!
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:43:19 AM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
I steam them.

13 minutes in a steam basket over boiling water, remove and ice water bath to cool them.

Perfect every time.
View Quote
This is the way.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:45:17 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
I steam them.

Perfect every time.
View Quote

^^^^ THIS ^^^^
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:47:50 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
I steam them.

Perfect every time.
View Quote

This is the way. The shell literally fall off the egg. I just made 18 yesterday like this and they are perfect
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:51:03 AM EDT
[#45]
Hamilton Beech

Easy to use, add the correct amount of water for the doneness you want and let it do its thing.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:54:28 AM EDT
[#46]
Air fryer at 270.  18 minutes, then straight into an ice bath for 10 minutes.

Perfect, and easy to peel.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:57:28 AM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

Keep it simple
View Quote

This but I do thirteen.
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 11:57:49 AM EDT
[#48]
For those of you who are using the Insta pot how much water are you supposed to put in prior to cooking?
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:04:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View Quote

same
Link Posted: 2/10/2024 12:06:28 PM EDT
[#50]
Egg cookererrrrrr.
Arrow Left Previous Page
Page / 3
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top