Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:00:25 PM EDT
[#1]
Does locked in a bank vault by accident count?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:01:33 PM EDT
[#2]
I spent some time in the Yuma Territorial Prison a few years ago.  It's a pretty cool museum.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:04:04 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
I guess I win the boobie prize for longest. 174 days FDC Englewood. Full jury trial, and full acquittal. Codefendants got from 6mos boot camp to LWP.
View Quote

It's a scary thing having the government come at you with everything they've got when you're innocent. I later ran into the narcotics detective who was on my ass for no reason when I was a kid while serving on a Grand jury. He was still as crooked and gotten lazier. At least twice we the grand jury were like there's no way this happened like he said. One he and others with him claimed they busted in a guy's door and woke him up and somehow he was concealing a massive amount of pot in his boxers. Like a quarter or half a pound, I forget what but it was also really strangely just over the line for the amount needed to

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:18:20 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Twice, briefly.
View Quote
same for me, arrested and booked in twice for warrants, only one of which I knew about
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:24:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Vernon Dalhart The Prisoner's Song (with lyrics and chords)
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:25:30 PM EDT
[#6]
Facebook jail many times sometimes for 30 days.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:38:48 PM EDT
[#7]
Damn.

5 pages and nobody has nothing to say about salad in prison?

Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:40:48 PM EDT
[#8]
Prison a few times.  Hope to never go back.  Small chance I may have to though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:44:15 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

On Thursday night they serve a wicked pepper steak.
Can't be as bad as the cabbage rolls at the Terre Haute Federal Pen.
Or that oatmeal at the Cook County slammer.

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
When I was in a prison the warden whispered "don't eat the food" and made an Uh oh wink wink face. He watched the attorneys suing the prison chow down with a smirk.

I heard the local jail had great food depending on who was cooking

On Thursday night they serve a wicked pepper steak.
Can't be as bad as the cabbage rolls at the Terre Haute Federal Pen.
Or that oatmeal at the Cook County slammer.

Bravo Sir! ?? Well played.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:44:38 PM EDT
[#10]
Been to county in three different states for a night each.  Not good times.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:46:54 PM EDT
[#11]
Yes, Jail many time but prison only once.

Why?

I worked in LE and had to go to the jail for work and i took a tour of a prison once??
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:55:47 PM EDT
[#12]
I once heard a young girl say, "There's two places you don't want to go - Hell and jell".  
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:00:14 PM EDT
[#13]
I got lucky. Instead of a shit ton of charges, I got a psych hold for 36 hours.  The other “patients” convinced me to never put myself in that position again.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:06:47 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Arrested but never convicted
View Quote

This.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:08:29 PM EDT
[#15]
Many times.
Walked in to get my prints rolled then walked out.

If you ever get picked for grand jury duty the last day you get to tour the county jail and have lunch there.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:10:10 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In 1972 I was sent to prison by a military court for a crime I didn't commit. I promptly escaped from a maximum security stockade to the Los Angeles underground. Today, still wanted by the government, I survive as a printer repairman of fortune. If you have a problem, if no one else can help, and if you can find me, maybe you can hire the C-team.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:17:49 PM EDT
[#17]
In my youth I may have attend a few of the local constabulary establishments.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:32:17 PM EDT
[#18]
I spent a week in prison when I was in vet school. But I could come and go as I pleased. Food sucked though.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:37:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
I spent a week in prison when I was in vet school. But I could come and go as I pleased. Food sucked though.
View Quote
Was this one of those prisons that has farm animals?
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:39:37 PM EDT
[#20]
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:52:06 PM EDT
[#21]
I go to prison a few times a month on average.
I fix things they break. It doesn't seem too bad there, but I get to leave when I want.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:56:34 PM EDT
[#22]
I was in jail for a day.  It was cold and uncomfortable but I've been through worse.  All of us in the cell just talked and joked or kept to ourselves, there was no violence or buttseks.

Prison is a whole lot different from jail.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 11:57:20 PM EDT
[#23]
My dad sent me to prison when I was 16.  

He had me haul a sofa to be reupholstered.  Apparently since my sister worked for the state he could have it done at the prison.  The only thing I remember is they wouldn't let me on the yard since I was wearing shorts.  They were going to have me help carry the sofa to whatever shop.  

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:09:11 AM EDT
[#24]
I volunteer at the county jail once a month, does that count?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:08:54 AM EDT
[#25]
25 years for New York State Corrections. 7 as an Officer and 18 as a Sergeant.

While attending the Academy in Albany, they would bus you up to Great Meadow C.F. (commonly known as Gladiator School) for a facility tour. A loud, smelly, sinister feeling place. Officers showing us scars where they had been stabbed. a Lt. Dumping dozens of weapons on a table and telling us that was the results of the last facility frisk. Can't say I didn't have second thoughts.

It wasn't the most fulfilling career but allowed me to retire at age 49. Been out 15 years this month. Inmates ran the gamut from dangerous, worthless assholes to intelligent decent people who had taken a wrong turn.

It's strange but the one moment I remember above all others was on the last day I worked before retirement. An inmate I had seen for a couple of years but never had any interaction with got up and approached me in the messhall during evening chow. He was stopped by an Officer because this was a violation... before getting up he was supposed to get the permission of an Officer to talk to me. I motioned to let him proceed. He came up to me and said  "I just wanted to wish you a happy retirement and thank you... you were always fair". I'm proud of that.

I imagine the job sucks now... bodycams, disciplinary system has been gutted... no thanks.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:10:37 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
How was it?  What for?
View Quote

i was raised in NJ...by a drill sergeant
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:11:21 AM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
How was it?  What for?
View Quote

i was raised in NJ...by a drill sergeant

tell us about the plot to disable the power grid...
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:11:43 AM EDT
[#28]
Join the .gov.  Prison will never find you
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:04:01 AM EDT
[#29]
Work or Invict?
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 2:40:54 AM EDT
[#30]
I plead the Fifth.

My Dad, on the other hand... When he deserted the Hungarian Army and defected in '73, he crossed over into Austria. No problems there. Then he went to West Germany, where he was detained for 45 days before being let go. Went through to the UK, detained for 2 weeks, then Canada, again no problems. When he crossed over into New York, he said "the men in the dark suits were waiting." He was taken to Rikers, questioned and held for 17 days. They accused him of being a spy, being an enemy combatant since Hungary had provided material support to North Vietnam, told him that he'd be put in some hole for the rest of his life and never see the light of day, etc. Then they let him go. 1 year later he was a Naturalized Citizen.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:37:54 AM EDT
[#31]
In 1987 or 88, I was a homeless guy, sleeping in a sleeping bag out in front of the Camillus House in Miami. We had come in from a night ticket at the labor pool too late to get a bunk. See, even though I was homeless, I was working. Sometimes, I would go out twice in one day, get some bread together, and then, go somewhere to do laundry and camp out by the lake or something. Paid my own way.

So, there I am curled up in my sleeping bag at about 530 in the morning. Miami PD rolled up on us with the paddy wagon, and we all were rousted. We were told to pack up our gear, and after we got done, they put us all in the back of the wagon, and took us down to DCJ. We were brought inside and put into a holding cell. One by one they were coming in and picking off guys who had active warrants. The rest of us just sat there. Once they were satisfied they'd picked up all the guys who were wanted, or had warrants, they took us out to the desk, and we produced ID. They ran us through the system, and the ones who had no warrants, they told us to grab our bags and go.

Next thing I know, there was me and one other guy standing outside the jail, clear across town from where we needed to be. We'd missed the morning job ticket and had to hoof it back. They didn't even give us breakfast, and no coffee either.

I was also locked up in the VA on the 4th floor, in maximum security psyche. Long story how I ended up there, but I was in the lockup for like 40 days. Didn't want to be locked up in 4B. You were double locked, and weren't getting out until they decided you could leave. A side was only single locked, and you had to go through A side in order to get out of the ward. Food wasn't bad, and they had a chow line inside the ward between 4AB and 4CD. Once you had been in long enough, you could get a privilege pass. That means that after morning routine, you could actually go outside on your own. Couldn't really do much of anything other than wander the VA, or walk laps around the facility. I did a lot of that. We were heavily medicated and weren't going anywhere. There used to be a cigarette lighter on the wall, and you could smoke in the day room. They even sold cigarettes down at the the little canteen shop on the first floor. There was a lighter, that was a hot coil lighter, mounted on the wall. You would have to hold the button until the coils got hot and then you stuck the end of the cig in there, and pulled on it a couple of times until it was lit. Smokes were like currency in there, an the guys who had been in a while knew how to work the system to get them.

Five guys to a room. and gang shower down the hall. Coffee was the most important thing in life. No one could function without it. We would take up a collection and buy our own, and there was a big coffee pot we used to make that sweet golden brew. Choke sandwiches (PBJ), and kool aid with the night meds, and they would make you open your mouth and show them that you had taken your meds and swallowed them. It was mostly ok, a couple of incidents, one where I almost got knifed, and escaped the facility, and another, where some nut case attacked me and literally almost bit my dick off.
That was quite a fight.

When I finally got released I was pretty much a zombie. Eventually the meds got to me really bad and I had a real medical event. My skin turned ice blue, and I had big dark circles under my eyes. I was hard pressed to be able to form a complete sentence. Where I was living, on South Beach at the time, and there were a lot of other vets also holed up in the cheap hotels down there, and that year, 1988-89, a lot of them died. Between the meds, and the drugs, they just checked out. It wasn't a good time.  
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:40:37 AM EDT
[#32]
Well, I used to be a Correctional Officer so... I wouldn't do that job again if you paid me a million dollars a year tax free with a million dollar tax free sign on bonus.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 3:41:57 AM EDT
[#33]
All the time.  But just dropping off.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:24:48 AM EDT
[#34]
Nope. Was always too nervous to steal. So I worked.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:36:48 AM EDT
[#35]
I'm 2-0 for "attempted homicide" charges.
Did 14 days in county jail until the felonies were dismissed at the pretrial hearing the first time.
24 hrs in solitary the 2nd time, the prosecutor determined it was self defense and didn't pursue any charges.

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 4:53:50 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
In 1987 or 88, I was a homeless guy, sleeping in a sleeping bag out in front of the Camillus House in Miami. We had come in from a night ticket at the labor pool too late to get a bunk. See, even though I was homeless, I was working. Sometimes, I would go out twice in one day, get some bread together, and then, go somewhere to do laundry and camp out by the lake or something. Paid my own way.

So, there I am curled up in my sleeping bag at about 530 in the morning. Miami PD rolled up on us with the paddy wagon, and we all were rousted. We were told to pack up our gear, and after we got done, they put us all in the back of the wagon, and took us down to DCJ. We were brought inside and put into a holding cell. One by one they were coming in and picking off guys who had active warrants. The rest of us just sat there. Once they were satisfied they'd picked up all the guys who were wanted, or had warrants, they took us out to the desk, and we produced ID. They ran us through the system, and the ones who had no warrants, they told us to grab our bags and go.

Next thing I know, there was me and one other guy standing outside the jail, clear across town from where we needed to be. We'd missed the morning job ticket and had to hoof it back. They didn't even give us breakfast, and no coffee either.

I was also locked up in the VA on the 4th floor, in maximum security psyche. Long story how I ended up there, but I was in the lockup for like 40 days. Didn't want to be locked up in 4B. You were double locked, and weren't getting out until they decided you could leave. A side was only single locked, and you had to go through A side in order to get out of the ward. Food wasn't bad, and they had a chow line inside the ward between 4AB and 4CD. Once you had been in long enough, you could get a privilege pass. That means that after morning routine, you could actually go outside on your own. Couldn't really do much of anything other than wander the VA, or walk laps around the facility. I did a lot of that. We were heavily medicated and weren't going anywhere. There used to be a cigarette lighter on the wall, and you could smoke in the day room. They even sold cigarettes down at the the little canteen shop on the first floor. There was a lighter, that was a hot coil lighter, mounted on the wall. You would have to hold the button until the coils got hot and then you stuck the end of the cig in there, and pulled on it a couple of times until it was lit. Smokes were like currency in there, an the guys who had been in a while knew how to work the system to get them.

Five guys to a room. and gang shower down the hall. Coffee was the most important thing in life. No one could function without it. We would take up a collection and buy our own, and there was a big coffee pot we used to make that sweet golden brew. Choke sandwiches (PBJ), and kool aid with the night meds, and they would make you open your mouth and show them that you had taken your meds and swallowed them. It was mostly ok, a couple of incidents, one where I almost got knifed, and escaped the facility, and another, where some nut case attacked me and literally almost bit my dick off.
That was quite a fight.

When I finally got released I was pretty much a zombie. Eventually the meds got to me really bad and I had a real medical event. My skin turned ice blue, and I had big dark circles under my eyes. I was hard pressed to be able to form a complete sentence. Where I was living, on South Beach at the time, and there were a lot of other vets also holed up in the cheap hotels down there, and that year, 1988-89, a lot of them died. Between the meds, and the drugs, they just checked out. It wasn't a good time.  
View Quote

Epic, thanks for sharing.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 6:50:16 AM EDT
[#37]
Did a 10 minute stint in lockup during a field trip with Scouts(BSA) at Brushy Mountain.
A few years later spent a night in lockup for a slight disagreement with Jody on my return from deployment to desert.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:27:15 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
Arrested for disorderly conduct.  Bar fight.

Booked in, but was allowed to go home on own recognizance.  Small county, small town - everyone knew who I was and where I lived.  No flight risk.  I knew the deputy booking me in, and my dad stopped by to call me a dumbass.  Said hi to one of my high school friends on the way out (he worked for the county auditor).

Eventually plead guilty.  Got a fine and 10 hours of community service.

View Quote

That's funny.  I got arrested and charged with battery for punching a POS in the face.  Took over a year to get it plead down to disorderly conduct...

Thinking I might have gotten F---ed...
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:35:07 AM EDT
[#39]
5 days a week + overtime
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:47:52 AM EDT
[#40]
I knew this thread would be full of wrongfully accused and “framed” GDers!  Did not disappoint.

My grandpa spent a bunch of time in a POW “camp” right after pearl harbor.

My dad spent a bunch of time in local jails for alcohol related stupidity.

I have managed to never get locked up, but have spent lots of time in various detention facilities (local/county/state/fed) for work. I’m always glad knowing I can leave whenever I want to.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 10:52:13 AM EDT
[#41]
Spent quite a few weekends at the Hillsborough County jail back in the 60's.

Dad was the superintendent when it was being built.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:07:18 AM EDT
[#42]
I have been to jail.

Dropping off prisoners.

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:12:01 AM EDT
[#43]
Not a proud moment, really
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 11:27:02 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

That was quite a fight.

View Quote

Sounds like a helluva deal. I hope you are ok now.
I gotta give you a bonus for using
" choke sandwich "

I haven't used or heard that in quite a long time!
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:07:15 PM EDT
[#45]
Spent one night in Travis County Jail.  It sucked.

Pretty well known case here on ar15.com.  Arrested for a knife that was "too long" while carrying a gun.

Charges dropped "in the interest of justice".  That's legal speak for why did they arrest you?

Thanks again for those here who pitched in to pay legal fees.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 12:38:08 PM EDT
[#46]
City and County jail many times.

Just damn glad each stay was 15-60 minutes. Also nice to have numerous guards to protect us.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:17:51 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:
Only to visit clients.
View Quote

Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:25:19 PM EDT
[#48]
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:31:31 PM EDT
[#49]
Does visiting Alcatraz as a tourist count?

If not, then no.  I have taken care of score of convicts in shackles with either a police officer (arrested & en route to prison after I fix ‘em) or correction officers at office visits.

Not the same thing, I know.
Link Posted: 1/26/2022 1:49:37 PM EDT
[#50]
Nope.
I was too busy working and raising a family to get into any trouble.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top