User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:06:32 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Who in this thread has ever wired money?  Not Western Union, not a cashiers check, an actual bank wire to a foreign bank.

It’s ain’t a credit card. The only way that money comes back is through law enforcement. If it did indeed come from a foreign bank, then there’s almost no chance of clawing back a $10k wire.  Especially after 90 days.
View Quote

This is what I was told by my branch manager. Once it's moved after the wire they don't have numbers to a valid account anyway.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:45:50 PM EDT
[#2]
It’s really kinda sad that anyone who frequents GD would fall for this scam.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:55:31 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:
It’s really kinda sad that anyone who frequents GD would fall for this scam.
View Quote

I at least get real things in my inbox-

Hello Counsel

We need your legal assistance with a business transaction/drafting of a sales agreement.

A referral will be appreciated if you are unable to assist. Please Advise.

Regards,
Luc CENA.
IBS Precision Engineering BV
Esp 201, 5633 AD Eindhoven,
Netherlands.

Much better than this one----

Hi Dear old Friend,
How are you today? Hope all is well with you and your family?You may not understand why this mail came to you again. But if you do not remember me, you might have received an email from me in the past regarding my investment proposal for you to act as my investment partner to receive my funds which we didn't conclude successfully. I am using this opportunity to inform you that the transaction was concluded with the assistance of another partner(Engr. Ahmed Hamed Al Subhi) from Oman whom the bank nominated to finance and conclude the transaction. I thank you for your great effort to our unfinished transfer of funds into your account due to one reason or the other best known to you.

The funds were successfully transferred to my new partner's account in Oman who was capable of assisting me for the transaction and investment project.
Due to your effort, sincerity, courage and trustworthiness you showed to me in your communication and time spent in keeping this transaction as top secret . I want to compensate you and to show my gratitude to you with the sum of US$3,000.000 (Three million United States Dollars)  and the amount was loaded into an ATM VISA CARD in your name, i was unable to make a direct transfer to your account because i didn't have your account details, base on that reason, i decided to asked the bank to load the amount into an ATM VISA CARDS in your name.

Meanwhile, I Deposited your ATM VISA CARD with the UN Director Resident Coordinator Mr. Adama Koné,I have authorized him to send the ATM VISA CARD to you once you are in contact with him. Please, accept this offer with good faith as this is from the bottom of my heart, Also comply with his directives so that he will send the ATM VISA CARD to you without any delay.  As you are contacting him, you have to send your information where the ATM VISA CARD will be sent to so that it will be delivered directly to you through DHL or FedEx.

1.Your full Name:..........................................
2.Your correct p.o box mailing address:............................
3.Mobile Phone:............................................

The contact details to reach him.
U N Resident Coordinator
Name:  Mr. Adama Koné
E-Mail:  [email protected]  

Tél: +226 64286748
Street address 14, Avenue de la Grande Chancellerie
Secteur no. 4 Ouagadougou, Burkina Faso

Presently, I am in the city of Oman  (Muscat) with Engr. Ahmed Hamed Al Subhi and I'm very busy here because of the investment projects.
Once you receive the ATM VISA card , you are obligated to make a daily withdrawal of $5,000.00 each day from any Automatic Teller Machine attached to any international bank nearest to you.

So feel free to write an email to Mr. Adama Koné, and tell him to send your ATM VISA CARD to you through DHL without any delay and he would send all the necessary information and document which you will need to have access to the funds and kindly inform me as soon as you receive it.

This is Engr. Ahmed Hamed Al Subhi's House telephone:  +9682487194 and He will get me a mobile number as soon as possible and I shall phone you when I am less busy but for now I'm very very busy here because of the investment projects.

With My Best Regards and good wishes,
Mrs Aisha.
Link Posted: 1/11/2023 11:55:52 PM EDT
[#4]
I use wire transfers often.

I wire outbound from a checking account, but all incoming wires where I give out the wiring instructions, account number etc are to a separate account that stays drained.

Did he send the money twice?  I would think that you would know if there was an extra $10K in the account, but you never answered this question.

Link Posted: 1/12/2023 7:35:42 AM EDT
[#5]
I think the OP is leaving out a lot of information and/or the two parties involved have their dimmer switches pretty low.

You aren't reversing a wire once the bank has accepted it.  If it showed up in your account, they accepted it.
Link Posted: 1/12/2023 10:17:29 AM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
Why on earth would you sell a car to a foreign buyer with a money wire, and let a third party pick it up?

Your car’s probably stripped down and sold off for parts by now. They don’t care about the title.

If the money actually hit your account, I would assume there’s some way they’re going to initiate a chargeback or it’s going to bounce. They’ll claim fraud or that they didn’t initiate the wire and you’ll be left with no money and no car.
View Quote

This.  Those are ALL scams
Page / 3
Next Page Arrow Left
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top