Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 7:19:43 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Where did you find that pic and what package is that?

View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  I'm middle aged and remember all the awesome hotrods that I was too young to buy before they got ridiculously expensive.  Late 60s to early 70s Broncos and Blazers have always talked to me in a way that I can't describe.  So did the Plymouth Superbird but that ain't gonna happen in my life so when I saw Ford was bringing these back and I could reasonably afford a base model with a couple of options I FO'd. Hard.  The wife now wants me to reserve one for her.  No shit, she said "get both".  Not sure I want to do that but at least I got prior permission

More like what I am going to order...

page 2 pwn'd!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454103/Silkys_Bronco_jpg-1504333.JPG

Scroll down to the "colorizer":

https://www.ford.com/suvs/bronco/2021/

ETA: The package is the Badlands (see fender badge).
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 7:26:29 PM EDT
[#2]
Well now i'm questioning my Wildtrak decision vs Badlands. Hmm.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 7:29:05 PM EDT
[#3]
87% sure i want the Black Diamond  with the 2.7,not sure on the other options yet

This is great timing as i plan on selling my 2011 Tacoma next spring and getting a new 4x4

Finally a new ride that has me excited to buy
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 7:32:42 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Exactly.  I'm middle aged and remember all the awesome hotrods that I was too young to buy before they got ridiculously expensive.  Late 60s to early 70s Broncos and Blazers have always talked to me in a way that I can't describe.  So did the Plymouth Superbird but that ain't gonna happen in my life so when I saw Ford was bringing these back and I could reasonably afford a base model with a couple of options I FO'd. Hard.  The wife now wants me to reserve one for her.  No shit, she said "get both".  Not sure I want to do that but at least I got prior permission

More like what I am going to order...

page 2 pwn'd!

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/454103/Silkys_Bronco_jpg-1504333.JPG

Thank you sir much appreciated

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:12:57 PM EDT
[#5]
Looking around the web, Ford has an absolutely huge hit on their hands.

Hell, I’m interested and it is decidedly not my thing when it comes to vehicles.

Might sound a bit crazy, but it reminds me of when the Miata debuted.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:18:20 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

Hell, I’m interested and it is decidedly not my thing when it comes to vehicles.

View Quote

This

These are gonna be hot for some time before you will get a great deal on one

Saving my Ben Franklin's as we speak
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:31:54 PM EDT
[#7]

Link Posted: 7/15/2020 8:45:14 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

I think that's a good assumption.

Ford doesn't exactly have a reputation for sourcing the best manual transmissions, so this could be a blessing in disguise.
View Quote

? What ford manuals were weak?
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:27:29 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Ford doesn't exactly have a reputation for sourcing the best manual transmissions, so this could be a blessing in disguise.

2011+ Mustang manual transmissions have been reporting problems since Getrag shifted production of it to China.  Outside of that, I don't know of any other common or widespread Ford manual trans issues.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 10:29:08 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Goddam it.

10 speed is a requirement with the sasquatch package as well.  The package can't be paired with the manual.

I want a 4 door, 2.7, manual trans sasquatch, but you can't get either the 2.7 or the sasquatch package with the manual trans.
View Quote

Is this for sure? I can't find anything on the website and that would suck if they force you into the auto just to get the samsquanch package.
Link Posted: 7/15/2020 11:48:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

2011+ Mustang manual transmissions have been reporting problems since Getrag shifted production of it to China.  Outside of that, I don't know of any other common or widespread Ford manual trans issues.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's pretty much the entirety of Ford's manual transmission offerings for the past decade outside of the FoST and FiST.

I think I remember hearing about some issue with manuals in OBS trucks, but I don't remember details there.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 1:51:18 AM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

Is this for sure? I can't find anything on the website and that would suck if they force you into the auto just to get the samsquanch package.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Goddam it.

10 speed is a requirement with the sasquatch package as well.  The package can't be paired with the manual.

I want a 4 door, 2.7, manual trans sasquatch, but you can't get either the 2.7 or the sasquatch package with the manual trans.

Ford confirmed it on Twitter - Sasquatch requires the auto. They did indicate they were open to feedback on that though, so maybe it'll change.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 1:57:25 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

Ford confirmed it on Twitter - Sasquatch requires the auto. They did indicate they were open to feedback on that though, so maybe it'll change.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Goddam it.

Petition is available...

https://www.change.org/p/ford-offer-the-2021-ford-bronco-with-a-manual-transmission-for-all-packages?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_23494920_en-US%3A1&recruiter=1131797397&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:09:13 AM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
View Quote

Bummer. With the sasquatch gearing AND granny gear (C) the crawl ratio would be fucking insane
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:13:33 AM EDT
[#15]

So in the 4x4 systems for standard it says "4x4 part time selectable engagement"

Is that mechanical lever activated?
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 8:16:49 AM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View Quote

All the first year glitches won't be fun.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:19:25 AM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

So in the 4x4 systems for standard it says "4x4 part time selectable engagement"

Is that mechanical lever activated?
View Quote
Says "electronic shift on the fly (ESOF) 2-speed transfer case is the base, part time system..."
Pictures also look electronic, not mechanical.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 10:44:25 AM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Goddam it.

Petition is available...

https://www.change.org/p/ford-offer-the-2021-ford-bronco-with-a-manual-transmission-for-all-packages?utm_content=cl_sharecopy_23494920_en-US%3A1&recruiter=1131797397&utm_source=share_petition&utm_medium=copylink&utm_campaign=share_petition

Hit. Need more signatures.
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 1:33:52 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Goddam it.

Petition is available...

hit

Link Posted: 7/16/2020 1:38:00 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

That's pretty much the entirety of Ford's manual transmission offerings for the past decade outside of the FoST and FiST.

I think I remember hearing about some issue with manuals in OBS trucks, but I don't remember details there.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The 1/2 tons and Full Size Broncos used mazda 5spds in the 90s that were weak.
Fox bodies had notoriously weak 5spds (T5).
Link Posted: 7/16/2020 1:47:44 PM EDT
[#21]
Link Posted: 7/17/2020 8:31:49 PM EDT
[#22]
Any time I watch YouTube now it's flooded with anti-Bronco Jeep ads. They know Ford nailed it.
Link Posted: 7/18/2020 8:02:01 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
Nothing my Outback couldn’t do with proper tires.
View Quote

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 12:07:06 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

People say these things, and it makes sense on the surface, but I'm not sure how relevant the whole "first year" thing is for most models.

A new engine, transmission, or other system? Sure. But a new model that mostly uses systems that have already been ironed out in other models? Not that big of a leap.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 12:35:19 PM EDT
[#25]
Final stage of testing/QA is always the end user, unfortunately.

Aircraft, cars, software, appliances......
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 2:45:31 PM EDT
[#26]

I sorta just like the looks of this one... I like the steel wheels... you guys think those are the 32's?
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 3:05:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
I finally realized what the Bronco Sport styling reminded me of...

https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2020/07/2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-exterior-4.jpg

https://www.cstatic-images.com/car-pictures/xl/cab80fos332a0101.png

Just with a more LR-ish front fascia.
View Quote

It reminds me of the previous version of the Escape
Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 7:02:12 PM EDT
[#28]
View Quote

Wife had one for a bit. I can see the resemblance but it's more "bubbly" or "roundish" IMO. It reminded me more of the flatter sides of the Taurus X.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 7:20:24 PM EDT
[#29]
Looks nice but I really wish they would offer a V8. Maybe down the road when sales start to slip. My friend had an early 302 Bronco with 4-on-the-floor and set of glasspacks. No frills, crappy brakes, handling, and ride, but it made massive torque that would crawl up a steep hill in the woods at idle rpms or burn all 4 tires on dry pavement.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 7:40:33 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Looks nice but I really wish they would offer a V8. Maybe down the road when sales start to slip. My friend had an early 302 Bronco with 4-on-the-floor and set of glasspacks. No frills, crappy brakes, handling, and ride, but it made massive torque that would crawl up a steep hill in the woods at idle rpms or burn all 4 tires on dry pavement.
View Quote

I had an 87 with a 302. Decent rig it lasted me for quite a while, solid motor.

Go the ford website and look at the hp/torque specs for their V8 vs the 2.7L

Those little motors are putting out some massive tq on par with the V8
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 8:16:22 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I had a '95 5.0/5spd. It was fine around town, but absolutely gutless at 70mph. Really comfortable seats and was fun as hell though. The 2.7EB will be a monster.

BTW, fuck Jeep for talking about a Hemi Wrangler now. They've had decades to bring the V8 back, but just acted like cock teases with it.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 8:50:09 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

I had a '95 5.0/5spd. It was fine around town, but absolutely gutless at 70mph. Really comfortable seats and was fun as hell though. The 2.7EB will be a monster.

BTW, fuck Jeep for talking about a Hemi Wrangler now. They've had decades to bring the V8 back, but just acted like cock teases with it.
View Quote

Capitalism in action.

My friends Bronco was early 70's, very small and light compared to the later full size "OJ" Broncos. Like a tin box on wheels. The 302 was already overkill and he put a 4 barrel intake, cam, and other "Mustang" type mods to make it even more powerful. Later on he bought a Bronco II with a V6  (used the Ranger platform I believe?) that was slow and boring but he was a family man at that point so it served its purpose.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 9:31:17 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Capitalism in action.

My friends Bronco was early 70's, very small and light compared to the later full size "OJ" Broncos. Like a tin box on wheels. The 302 was already overkill and he put a 4 barrel intake, cam, and other "Mustang" type mods to make it even more powerful. Later on he bought a Bronco II with a V6  (used the Ranger platform I believe?) that was slow and boring but he was a family man at that point so it served its purpose.
View Quote

I remember when you pretty much needed heads, intake, carb and exhaust to break 300hp. A performance rebuild on the transmission would soon follow. Modern V6s make that easily from the factory.
Link Posted: 7/19/2020 9:54:11 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

I remember when you pretty much needed heads, intake, carb and exhaust to break 300hp. A performance rebuild on the transmission would soon follow. Modern V6s make that easily from the factory.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Capitalism in action.

Yeah old engines sucked. As I've pointed out before the 2.3 in the current ranger makes double the horsepower and 70 more ft lbs of torque compared to a 77 Bronco which was the last of the originals. I've driven Ford Trucks my whole life. The new motors are awesome.
80 250 with the 300 was as gutless as they get. Yeah it had torque but couldn't even do highway speeds and if it could it would probably get 6mpg.
90 250 with the 460 made good power but was a beast on fuel.
95 250 with the 351 was gutless and bad on fuel.
00 350 with the V10 was pretty solid. Felt really close to my 460 but a little better all around.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 12:06:51 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

Yeah old engines sucked. As I've pointed out before the 2.3 in the current ranger makes double the horsepower and 70 more ft lbs of torque compared to a 77 Bronco which was the last of the originals. I've driven Ford Trucks my whole life. The new motors are awesome.
80 250 with the 300 was as gutless as they get. Yeah it had torque but couldn't even do highway speeds and if it could it would probably get 6mpg.
90 250 with the 460 made good power but was a beast on fuel.
95 250 with the 351 was gutless and bad on fuel.
00 350 with the V10 was pretty solid. Felt really close to my 460 but a little better all around.
View Quote

The little 3.5 five cylinder in my Colorado makes 20% more HP than my old 88 F150 that had a 5.0 in it. I also get 20 mpg in it versus the 8 mpg I got in that old truck. And to think the newer engines stomp that five cylinder just as much if not more.

BTW, those V10's might be a PITA to work on but they're fun to drive.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:46:10 AM EDT
[#36]
I have a 2.7 ecoboost in my F150 with 35 inch tires.  If I drive it like a boomer, I get 20mpg+.  The new motors are great. I love the 2.7.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:47:24 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:
You're not going to get a locking differential in an IFS
View Quote

That's where you're wrong... 'cause you're getting lockers in an IFS, if you sasquatch.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 4:30:14 AM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

That's where you're wrong... 'cause you're getting lockers in an IFS, if you sasquatch.
View Quote

...and the ZR2 offered one prior to the Bronco, and the H3 prior to that, etc.

GD just being GD
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 7:33:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
You're not going to get a locking differential in an IFS

For the sake of accuracy, I admitted my shock/surprise somewhat later in the thread when it turned out that they are offering one. I originally thought it was highly unlikely. I am happy that they are, in fact, offering front and rear lockers, because they are nice to have and Jeep needs competition.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:17:56 PM EDT
[#40]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I finally realized what the Bronco Sport styling reminded me of...

https://www.motortrend.com/uploads/sites/5/2020/07/2021-Ford-Bronco-Sport-exterior-4.jpg

https://www.cstatic-images.com/car-pictures/xl/cab80fos332a0101.png

Just with a more LR-ish front fascia.

It reminds me of the previous version of the Escape
https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/332415/Screenshot_20200719-140451_Chrome_jpg-1510865.JPG

If you look at what the Escape started as and what it has become today, you can see how Ford could reach the conclusion that there's market space for a more outdoors focused CUV on the same platform.

Link Posted: 7/20/2020 3:20:42 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't really have a choice. They woke up one day and found themselves in an arms race.

The 2.7L EB is significantly better than anything currently under the hood of the JL/JT, and FCA has to respond to that.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 4:59:06 PM EDT
[#42]
My wife likes her EcoBoost 2.0L Escape with the AWD, but an off road vehicle it is not. Surprisingly decent in light snow though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 5:40:06 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
My wife likes her EcoBoost 2.0L Escape with the AWD, but an off road vehicle it is not. Surprisingly decent in light snow though.
View Quote

In all honesty 90% of those lusting for the new Bronco will take it off road as often as your wife does with her Escape. As a parts supplier I'm sure not going to discourage any city dwelling office commuters or soccer moms from buying one just for shits and giggles though.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 7:07:31 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

They don't really have a choice. They woke up one day and found themselves in an arms race.

The 2.7L EB is significantly better than anything currently under the hood of the JL/JT, and FCA has to respond to that.
View Quote

They could've set the bar when the JK was introduced. We'd be getting the 3.5 in the Bronco instead of the 2.7....
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 7:08:58 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

That's a shame. My gen 1 was pretty impressive for what it was. Went through 12" of snow and drifts up to the headlights without a problem. Went down some pretty gnarly forest roads with ease also.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 7:29:37 PM EDT
[#46]
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 8:20:10 PM EDT
[#47]

I wonder why he blurred the yellow paint on the diff? The 2 door looks great, I'm not as big a fan of the 4 door.
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 8:31:25 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

I wonder why he blurred the yellow paint on the diff? The 2 door looks great, I'm not as big a fan of the 4 door.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Not sure.

Yeah the 2 door is the one to get.

Looks great with the wider fender flares and 35's

Im stuck on which one to get.The online builder with prices on options etc is coming in August on fords website
Link Posted: 7/20/2020 10:48:49 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Not sure.

Yeah the 2 door is the one to get.

Looks great with the wider fender flares and 35's

Im stuck on which one to get.The online builder with prices on options etc is coming in August on fords website
View Quote

I'm really conflicted on what package to get. I'm thinking 2dr wildtrak.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:24:59 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

They could've set the bar when the JK was introduced. We'd be getting the 3.5 in the Bronco instead of the 2.7....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

In the absence of competition, companies don't have much incentive to innovate, invest, or even try.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top