Confirm Action

Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 15
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:49:40 PM EDT
[#1]
https://moparinsiders.com/caught-production-jeep-wrangler-rubicon-392/?fbclid=IwAR3JHIFx3edWMXwL2sscI3JIIMK2jj9Ea18SvkaJVkBlxieOrAF4V1vzHWo

While the all-new Bronco arrives on the scene with some awesome new features to take on the Wrangler, it still will only be powered by turbocharged inline-four and V6 offerings.

.....but now thanks to recent spy photos, it looks like the Jeep brand is answering many enthusiasts’ wishes by stuffing the 6.4-liter 392 cubic-inch HEMI V8 into the Wrangler.
View Quote

Great. So they're offering an expensive engine upgrade in their most expensive trim
Dont they turbo the 3.6 for some of their vehicles?
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:51:01 PM EDT
[#2]
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:52:10 PM EDT
[#3]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

In the absence of competition, companies don't have much incentive to innovate, invest, or even try.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

They don't really have a choice. They woke up one day and found themselves in an arms race.

The 2.7L EB is significantly better than anything currently under the hood of the JL/JT, and FCA has to respond to that.

They could've set the bar when the JK was introduced. We'd be getting the 3.5 in the Bronco instead of the 2.7....

In the absence of competition, companies don't have much incentive to innovate, invest, or even try.

See also: Intel
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 4:53:55 PM EDT
[#4]
Trying to come up with excuses not to sell my 4Runner for one of these and it's getting tough

Wonder how much a Base 2-door with the 2.7L and Sasquatch will run
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 5:41:55 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

I'm really conflicted on what package to get. I'm thinking 2dr wildtrak.
View Quote

That’s what I reserved, but I’m sort of wishing I did a badlands instead, I wonder if I’ll be able to change it without losing my place in line... Main reason being, I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle looking at the empty place in the hero switch pack where the sway bar disconnect button should be
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 5:57:52 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

That’s what I reserved, but I’m sort of wishing I did a badlands instead, I wonder if I’ll be able to change it without losing my place in line... Main reason being, I don’t know if I’ll be able to handle looking at the empty place in the hero switch pack where the sway bar disconnect button should be
View Quote

I definitely know that feeling, but I will likely never need it.
Link Posted: 7/21/2020 6:33:27 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I'm really conflicted on what package to get. I'm thinking 2dr wildtrak.

Yes you can change it.

Basically the reservation is just a space saved for you when ordering begins

Ford will contact you and give you a code or something and you will place your order how you want the Bronco to be. Color,package,options,etc

Once the order is placed thats it,you get what you ordered

Link Posted: 7/22/2020 4:11:49 AM EDT
[#8]
With swaybar disco, how much flex would that IFS get?
Link Posted: 7/22/2020 11:42:37 AM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
View Quote

They claim 10” of travel. I can’t see the discos changing that too much, it’s a function of geometry and CV angle.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 2:52:00 AM EDT
[#10]
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 12:38:23 PM EDT
[#11]

I saw Fred Williams and hoped the Bronco was about to appear on DED.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 1:43:25 PM EDT
[#12]
Sasquatch looks good.

What's the weird roof on the middle one? I hope thats not their version of a soft top....looks horrible. Also, weird purple paint all over it?

All in all, I love it. I wish I could justify not having a bed. I would love to get a 2dr
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:40:59 PM EDT
[#13]
Saw this on I70 near Denver today.  Bronco?  Probably doing high-altitude emissions testing.

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:43:05 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
Saw this on I70 near Denver today.  Bronco?  Probably doing high-altitude emissions testing.

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/489002/IMG_0466_jpg-1534274.JPG
View Quote

ugggg that soft top is hideous. How could they get it so wrong?
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:48:34 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Flex remains the same but it will increase the independence from side to side more when disconnected vs the Jeep when disconnected gives more flex.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:49:11 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Looks like repurposed test mule camo to me, not a real soft top.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:52:45 PM EDT
[#17]
Quoted:

View Quote

What possible reason would there be to have to roof camouflaged since the thing has already been launched and we know what the roof options are going to be? Have we not seen official photos of the soft top and I just can’t remember that fact?
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 4:57:50 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

What possible reason would there be to have to roof camouflaged since the thing has already been launched and we know what the roof options are going to be? Have we not seen official photos of the soft top and I just can’t remember that fact?
View Quote

Looks like maybe some kind of pop up tent rooftop they are covering there.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:15:51 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Flex remains the same but it will increase the independence from side to side more when disconnected vs the Jeep when disconnected gives more flex.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

One thing I just heard on the Truck Show podcast was that the models that ship with 35” tires have their travel limited to accommodate them. They were talking about how it will be interesting to see how it works out in the real world with different uses.  Maybe you’d be better off with 33’s and full travel for fast stuff and 35’s with less travel for rocks.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:20:19 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Is this for sure? I can't find anything on the website and that would suck if they force you into the auto just to get the samsquanch package.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Goddam it.

10 speed is a requirement with the sasquatch package as well.  The package can't be paired with the manual.

I want a 4 door, 2.7, manual trans sasquatch, but you can't get either the 2.7 or the sasquatch package with the manual trans.

Is this for sure? I can't find anything on the website and that would suck if they force you into the auto just to get the samsquanch package.

Yep that's what they published you want Sasquatch you gotta take the 10sp auto...
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:21:08 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Highly doubt it, that’s the same disguise that all the test mules have been using:

Plus, its hard to believe they’d be developing a RTT that thin. It’d be an order of magnitude thinner than anything currently on the market, even among hard shells.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:27:46 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

You can't possibly believe that is actually the production soft top.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:37:56 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Joe Biden does...
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 5:39:10 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

One thing I just heard on the Truck Show podcast was that the models that ship with 35” tires have their travel limited to accommodate them. They were talking about how it will be interesting to see how it works out in the real world with different uses.  Maybe you’d be better off with 33’s and full travel for fast stuff and 35’s with less travel for rocks.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

That's a shit trade off to make for the larger tires.
Link Posted: 8/5/2020 6:08:07 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

View Quote

IMO, it wont be ideal with 35" or larger tires due to the IFS design and the room in the fenders.
35s will be fine if you don't plan to do any real off-road.
Lift kits wont help. The only way to get increased travel would be a long arm kit of sorts.
If you put wheels on with any increase in negative offset then you would also be reducing the amount of travel because rubbing would increase. You wouldn't want to do this for an off-road car to begin with because it translates in to a few issues. Different story for street.
Link Posted: 8/7/2020 10:16:58 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I mean, there are hundreds of accessories they haven't yet launched. Could be why they are hiding something.

Maybe they are hiding a slantback, or even better, a slantback hardtop, HMMWV-style?
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 3:17:38 PM EDT
[#27]
This one looks lifted! Is that factory or someone make a lift already??

Link Posted: 8/13/2020 3:33:07 PM EDT
[#28]
Why can I do a build & price for the Bronco Sport but not the regular Bronco
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 3:49:38 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

View Quote
You can't be serious.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 3:59:57 PM EDT
[#30]
Lots of great video content being posted to the bronco6g YouTube channel.

There’s a few videos walking through the accessories specifically, and because they’re ford accessories, you can finance them as part of the total vehicle financing. Very smart move for ford, there’s people that will load these things to the tits with winches/racks/etc and ford credit is gonna be laughing all the way to the bank.

I want a set of those door with the holes in them for sure, they look great.

I’m still on the fence with color for my eventual 2 door though. I really like that launch orange color, but I’m worried it’ll be too close to yellow. And I FUCKING HATE yellow anything. Iconic silver, cactus grey, and maybe Area 51 are also very much in the running.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 4:01:51 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

The sport goes into production months before the regular.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 4:03:41 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Highly doubt it, that’s the same disguise that all the test mules have been using:

https://cdn.static-carindigo.com/images/content/2689288169d0031ef8083f3d2a24d668.jpeg

Plus, its hard to believe they’d be developing a RTT that thin. It’d be an order of magnitude thinner than anything currently on the market, even among hard shells.
View Quote

It is more likely the camo is stuck tight and won’t come off without ripping the top or they don’t have soft top material yet and the camo is keeping the elements out.
Link Posted: 8/13/2020 6:50:40 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
View Quote

Build and price is coming to fords website in early September for the regular Bronco
Link Posted: 8/14/2020 11:42:43 AM EDT
[#34]
Saw the test mule again up in Silverthorne, CO and caught a short video.  Vid sucks due to my bug splattered windshield.  

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 9:58:15 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
Saw the test mule again up in Silverthorne, CO and caught a short video.  Vid sucks due to my bug splattered windshield.  

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/489002/broncoscreenshot_jpg-1545939.JPG
View Quote

Did you see or notice anything that has not yet been reported?

To me, from the angle of the photo, those fender flares look like they were added on without any consideration for matching up to body styling/contours.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 10:52:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

To me, from the angle of the photo, those fender flares look like they were added on without any consideration for matching up to body styling/contours.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.AR15.Com/media/mediaFiles/489002/broncoscreenshot_jpg-1545939.JPG

They are like that on every version.

Link Posted: 8/15/2020 12:13:50 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

View Quote

If it ends up being purchased by Jeepers, they will immediately change the flares anyway. That, and put a pink "Silly boys, trucks are for girls" sticker on the back.
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 12:18:43 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

View Quote

I was going 70 mph at the time, so I just focused on the road and pointed the camera at the Bronco, so I didn't notice anything!  
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 12:40:17 PM EDT
[#39]
Link Posted: 8/15/2020 1:19:32 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

I was going 70 mph at the time, so I just focused on the road and pointed the camera at the Bronco, so I didn't notice anything!  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Fair enough.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 11:22:58 AM EDT
[#41]
Jeep is issuing training material propaganda to dealers to help fight the new threat:

https://jalopnik.com/heres-how-jeep-is-training-its-dealerships-to-take-on-t-1844792236
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 11:28:08 AM EDT
[#42]

I feel bad enough as it is for anyone who relies on car salesmen to educate them on what they're buying, I can't imagine having to let them talk you out of the competition

ETA: Buy a Wrangler instead of a Bronco because of this concept vehicle that has a 0.87% chance of being built
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 11:35:43 AM EDT
[#43]
Hokey Crap Bullwinkle...just when you thought the DNC convention was full of hot air...Jeep propaganda falls from the sky...when will their planes start flying over and dropping leaflets...?
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 11:38:04 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

I feel bad enough as it is for anyone who relies on car salesmen to educate them on what they're buying, I can't imagine having to let them talk you out of the competition
View All Quotes

Yeah... I'm not sure how Jeep sales guys are supposed to use that information.

Are they supposed to wait until customers mention the Bronco, or are they supposed to just start throwing shade unprovoked?
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#45]
lol the Jeep “we’re pissing our pants” info packet is funny.

One thing I’m starting to worry about now that more info is coming to light is the lack of ventilated seats. That seems like a MASSIVE oversight on Ford’s part. I want to be able to cruise top/doors off on a hot day while my ass is comfortably air conditioned...
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 3:36:44 PM EDT
[#46]
I’m going to bet the two aren’t cross shopped much in that direction.

Link Posted: 8/21/2020 4:57:25 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

View Quote

The Wrangler and Bronco? Really?
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 5:29:12 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yeah, in the direction of “we are really interested in the Bronco, but here we stand at the Jeep dealer with a level of product knowledge that can be swayed by a salesperson with a pamphlet”.

Plenty of sales to be stolen from the Wrangler from people who were interested in that type of vehicle prior to the Bronco. Hard to run a bait (Bronco) and switch (Wrangler) for those that are new to the segment.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 6:00:42 PM EDT
[#49]
I think are pretty close to each other which that jeep brochure seems to agree with because it's basically all bullshit and other than the solid axle is close enough for the vast majority of buyers to not care. I think that Ford is definitely going to be taking Wrangler customers away.
Link Posted: 8/21/2020 6:06:42 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
I think are pretty close to each other which that jeep brochure seems to agree with because it's basically all bullshit and other than the solid axle is close enough for the vast majority of buyers to not care. I think that Ford is definitely going to be taking Wrangler customers away.
View Quote

I think there is no question that the Bronco will take buyers away from Jeep. I hope they take a whole lot of them, so that it forces Jeep to up their game.
Page / 15
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top