Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:06:08 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I think I'm beginning to see the FBI's angle on this.  While misappropriation of national security information is the more damaging claim, there are emails going back and forth from Obama on this, and I suspect many others in the Administration.  After all, it was an open secret that Hillary did not use a .gov email address.  Thus, politically it becomes impossible to prosecute her because everyone else in the chain has a self-preservation motive not to let the prosecution move forward.  No way Obama's minions allow anyone to damage him in the process.  But, if the FBI goes after public corruption linked to the Clinton Foundation, that blame falls on Hillary alone.  Now the FBI can play on internal differences between the Clinton and Obama factions and maybe gets someone at DOJ to sign off on a prosecution.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
"If I were Hillary or her legal team, I would be most concerned by recent press reports that the FBI is investigating not just compromises of classified information in her emails, but possible connections to political corruption," said Schindler. "Reports of 'pay for play,' with then-Secretary of State Clinton arranging or enabling sweetheart deals with foreign entities for her husband and the Clinton Global Initiative, have circulated for years. If the FBI can put flesh on those allegations, Hillary will be in a world of legal and political trouble which may sink her presidential ambitions. We'll know about that well before November."

I think I'm beginning to see the FBI's angle on this.  While misappropriation of national security information is the more damaging claim, there are emails going back and forth from Obama on this, and I suspect many others in the Administration.  After all, it was an open secret that Hillary did not use a .gov email address.  Thus, politically it becomes impossible to prosecute her because everyone else in the chain has a self-preservation motive not to let the prosecution move forward.  No way Obama's minions allow anyone to damage him in the process.  But, if the FBI goes after public corruption linked to the Clinton Foundation, that blame falls on Hillary alone.  Now the FBI can play on internal differences between the Clinton and Obama factions and maybe gets someone at DOJ to sign off on a prosecution.

They have withheld a small number of emails to or from Obama on his executive privilege. Seven, I think.  None of them contained classified information.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:07:12 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

Is there any reason we should trust this FBI any more than we "trust" this DOJ?

View Quote

Of course not.  

And that is why I'm not holding my breath about HRC being indicted, much less this rumored "FBI revolt" if she's not indicted.  

I'll believe it when it happens.
Link Posted: 2/9/2016 6:25:18 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
"If I were Hillary or her legal team, I would be most concerned by recent press reports that the FBI is investigating not just compromises of classified information in her emails, but possible connections to political corruption," said Schindler. "Reports of 'pay for play,' with then-Secretary of State Clinton arranging or enabling sweetheart deals with foreign entities for her husband and the Clinton Global Initiative, have circulated for years. If the FBI can put flesh on those allegations, Hillary will be in a world of legal and political trouble which may sink her presidential ambitions. We'll know about that well before November."

this would be sweet
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:32:57 AM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

You know the general public has no business whatsoever with TS material, right?

And as far as an investigation goes, you don't let people know what strings you're pulling on until you've unwound the tapestry and recovered your yarn.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
The FBI on Monday submitted that letter to the court dealing with the Freedom Of Information Act request. They said: “We remain unable to provide the requested information without adversely affecting ongoing law enforcement efforts,”. Today there is another hearing going on about the FOIA request. The media has been real quiet about what information is being requested from the FBI but I think it is the email's Clinton deleted and the FBI recovered.

I'm starting to think this FBI investigation isn't about investigating criminal conduct and is instead a way to keep those deleted emails from the public for as long as possible.

And as far as an investigation goes, you don't let people know what strings you're pulling on until you've unwound the tapestry and recovered your yarn.

The deleted emails the FBI recovered are supposed to be Hillary's personal emails. She claims she turned all her work related emails over to the State dept. and most of those emails that were turned over have been released with the classified information redacted. Well except for the last 7000 or so that are delayed by State but going to be released in some way, a small number that were fully redacted due to classified information, and a handful of email exchanges between Obama and Clinton that were withheld due to executive privilege.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 10:19:11 AM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

The deleted emails the FBI recovered are supposed to be Hillary's personal emails. She claims she turned all her work related emails over to the State dept. and most of those emails that were turned over have been released with the classified information redacted. Well except for the last 7000 or so that are delayed by State but going to be released in some way, a small number that were fully redacted due to classified information, and a handful of email exchanges between Obama and Clinton that were withheld due to executive privilege.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
The FBI on Monday submitted that letter to the court dealing with the Freedom Of Information Act request. They said: “We remain unable to provide the requested information without adversely affecting ongoing law enforcement efforts,”. Today there is another hearing going on about the FOIA request. The media has been real quiet about what information is being requested from the FBI but I think it is the email's Clinton deleted and the FBI recovered.

I'm starting to think this FBI investigation isn't about investigating criminal conduct and is instead a way to keep those deleted emails from the public for as long as possible.

Also, there hasn't been any leaks from the investigation.  The emails are being released in response to a FOIA lawsuit.  The fact that there is classified information only came out because the emails were to be released.  The only thing we really know about the investigation is that it has expanded into other areas.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 12:56:22 PM EDT
[#6]
http://www.breitbart.com/big-government/2016/02/09/federal-judge-rejects-state-dept-request-for-clinton-email-delay/
U.S. District Court Judge Rudolph Contreras on Tuesday rejected the State Department’s request for a one-month extension in the deadline to release the rest of Hillary Clinton’s emails.

The Washington Examiner notes that Contreras was willing to give the State Department some leeway, asking it to “publish what they could by February 18 at the latest."

The Hill portrays Judge Contreras as “scolding” the Administration for failing to meet the original deadline. “Government has put me between a rock and a hard place, which is a position I don’t want to be in,” he said.
Contreras ordered the Administration to explain in writing, by the end of the day on Wednesday, why it can’t release the emails that have already completed security review, and by the end of the week the Administration must provide “a detailed explanation of how this problem arose, what cause it and why it wasn’t noticed until just recently.”
View Quote
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:42:45 PM EDT
[#7]
Official: Top Clinton aides also handled top secret intel on server

EXCLUSIVE: At least a dozen email accounts handled the top secret intelligence that was found on Hillary Clintons server and recently deemed too damaging for national security to release, a U.S. government official close to the review told Fox News.

The official said the accounts include not only Clintons but those of top aides  including Cheryl Mills, Huma Abedin, Jake Sullivan and Philippe Reines  as well as State Department Under Secretary for Management Patrick Kennedy and others.

A second source not authorized to speak on the record said the number of accounts involved could be as high as 30 and reflects how the intelligence was broadly shared, replied to, and copied to individuals using the unsecured server.

The State Department recently confirmed that the messages in question include the most sensitive kind of intelligence. On Jan. 29, Fox News first reported that some emails on Clintons server were too damaging to release in any form. The State Department subsequently announced that 22 top secret emails were being withheld in full; these were the messages being handled by more than a dozen accounts.

Kennedy recently told the House Benghazi Select Committee that he knew about Clinton's personal email account from the beginning, but did not understand the "scope," thinking it was for reaching husband Bill Clinton and their daughter Chelsea -- and not for the exclusive handling of State Department business. Kennedy's testimony appears to conflict with emails released through the Freedom of Information Act that show he routinely sent and received government business from the Clinton account.

Fox News has asked the State Department to comment on the email accounts that shared the highly classified information, and how it was that Kennedy did not understand the scope of Clintons personal email being used for government business.

A spokesman for the intelligence community inspector general, which has been reviewing the classification of the Clinton server emails, had no comment.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 4:52:34 PM EDT
[#8]
"On Jan. 29, Fox News first reported that some emails on Clintons server were too damaging to release in any form".

Too damaging to who or what?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:03:44 PM EDT
[#10]
All I'm seeing is "Clinton aides."

Which sounds a lot like "rogue operatives" and "low level staffers."
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:07:55 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
"On Jan. 29, Fox News first reported that some emails on Clintons server were too damaging to release in any form".

View Quote

National security, and the safety of agents in the field.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 5:47:16 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I thought it might be too damaging to her election aspirations.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:15:34 PM EDT
[#13]
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:17:55 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:

View Quote

Obama really has no incentive to pardon aides.  So aides may have a good reason to roll over on the bitch.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:25:06 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Obama really has no incentive to pardon aides.  So aides may have a good reason to roll over on the bitch.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I've been anticipating that all along.

ETA: He has no reason to pardon her, either.  Not going to happen.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:30:41 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

I agree.

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:34:58 PM EDT
[#17]

Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:

Quoted:

Quoted:

Unless Obama's first $10M speaking engagement is at the Clinton Foundation

Link Posted: 2/10/2016 6:46:37 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Clinton, low level staffers, and AIDS... there is a joke about Bill in there somewhere....
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 7:09:31 PM EDT
[#19]

Patrick Kennedy is a scumbag.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:32:48 PM EDT
[#20]
and to think that back in the 50s all we had to worry about in the Department of State was a cadre of commies running rampant, now we have a cadre traitorous, criminal, money grubbing commies to worry about.
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 9:40:12 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

Patrick Kennedy is a scumbag.
View All Quotes

With that name, how could he NOT be?
Link Posted: 2/10/2016 11:44:57 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

EXCLUSIVE: At least a dozen email accounts handled the top secret intelligence that was found on Hillary Clintons server and recently deemed too damaging for national security to release, a U.S. government official close to the review told Fox News.

The official said the accounts include not only Clintons but those of top aides  including Cheryl Mills, Huma Abedin, Jake Sullivan and Philippe Reines  as well as State Department Under Secretary for Management Patrick Kennedy and others.

A second source not authorized to speak on the record said the number of accounts involved could be as high as 30 and reflects how the intelligence was broadly shared, replied to, and copied to individuals using the unsecured server.

The State Department recently confirmed that the messages in question include the most sensitive kind of intelligence. On Jan. 29, Fox News first reported that some emails on Clintons server were too damaging to release in any form. The State Department subsequently announced that 22 top secret emails were being withheld in full; these were the messages being handled by more than a dozen accounts.

Kennedy recently told the House Benghazi Select Committee that he knew about Clinton's personal email account from the beginning, but did not understand the "scope," thinking it was for reaching husband Bill Clinton and their daughter Chelsea -- and not for the exclusive handling of State Department business. Kennedy's testimony appears to conflict with emails released through the Freedom of Information Act that show he routinely sent and received government business from the Clinton account.

Fox News has asked the State Department to comment on the email accounts that shared the highly classified information, and how it was that Kennedy did not understand the scope of Clintons personal email being used for government business.

A spokesman for the intelligence community inspector general, which has been reviewing the classification of the Clinton server emails, had no comment.

View Quote

Is this saying that these other people had accounts on the server as well? Or that they sent classified info to the server from their state felt accounts
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:15:15 AM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

Is this saying that these other people had accounts on the server as well? Or that they sent classified info to the server from their state felt accounts
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The answer lies in the resolved contact names in the released emails.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:30:34 AM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

View Quote

I saw a news report tonight that I believe mentioned more than 11 people had accounts on her server.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:02:24 AM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:

I saw a news report tonight that I believe mentioned more than 11 people had accounts on her server.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

What will be interesting is who these folks are. If they're State or direct advisiors for DoS work she probably has an argument that the server was a matter of convenience, providing agility to her work as sec state. She probably has a precedent defense on some level.

If these folks were Clinton Foundation cronies then I think she's pretty well cooked. It's obvoius then that this system was set up to bypass FOIA so that she could conduct foundation business close to full time as Secratary.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 11:37:18 AM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

What will be interesting is who these folks are. If they're State or direct advisiors for DoS work she probably has an argument that the server was a matter of convenience, providing agility to her work as sec state. She probably has a precedent defense on some level.

If these folks were Clinton Foundation cronies then I think she's pretty well cooked. It's obvoius then that this system was set up to bypass FOIA so that she could conduct foundation business close to full time as Secratary.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

considering her past criminal  behavior, considering her tendency to see everything that she does as fair game for her own enrichment, those that had access to her server from State more than likely wore two hats, members of her inner circle, criminal compatriots,  and her advisers and assistants at State. In other words, in her mind, everything was more than Kosher.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 12:10:15 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Clinton, low level staffers, and AIDS... there is a joke about Bill in there somewhere....
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 1:28:33 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

considering her past criminal  behavior, considering her tendency to see everything that she does as fair game for her own enrichment, those that had access to her server from State more than likely wore two hats, members of her inner circle, criminal compatriots,  and her advisers and assistants at State. In other words, in her mind, everything was more than Kosher.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

You're right and right after I typed that I thought there's no way she has distinctly different people performing functions. In fact the DoS job was most likely just another way for her to enrich herself.  In her mind it's "fuck this country, how do I get rich"?
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 2:43:50 PM EDT
[#29]
Any day now guys, any day now.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:27:13 PM EDT
[#30]
Interesting.....the rabbit hole just keeps getting deeper:

Clinton Foundation received subpoena from State Department investigators

Investigators with the State Department issued a subpoena to the Bill, Hillary and Chelsea Clinton Foundation last fall seeking documents about the charity’s projects that may have required approval from the federal government during Hillary Clinton’s term as secretary of state, according to people familiar with the subpoena and written correspondence about it.

The subpoena also asked for records related to Huma Abedin, a longtime Clinton aide who for six months in 2012 was employed simultaneously by the State Department, the foundation, Clinton’s personal office, and a private consulting firm with ties to the Clintons.

The full scope and status of the inquiry, conducted by the State Department’s inspector general, were not clear from the material correspondence reviewed by The Washington Post.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/politics/clinton-foundation-received-subpoena-from-state-department-investigators/2016/02/11/ca5125b2-cce4-11e5-88ff-e2d1b4289c2f_story.html
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 3:52:46 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

We live in a banana republic these days.  It absolutely could mean either.  
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Oh, I thought it might be too damaging to her election aspirations.

We live in a banana republic these days.  It absolutely could mean either.  

Yes we do, the end is nigh. it may not happen tomorrow, or next month, or even next year, but historically speaking we are close, the bullets have not just started flying yet. When you have Bernie talking about joining the Revolution,.......we should take notice. When a sixties revolutionary is polling better than your average garden variety DC crook you have been warned.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 4:03:21 PM EDT
[#32]
http://thehill.com/policy/national-security/269060-state-dept-to-release-550-clinton-emails-over-weekend-under-court

The State Department will release 550 emails from Hillary Clinton’s private server this weekend after pressure from a federal judge who earlier this week appeared visibly annoyed at its delayed efforts.

In a court filing late Wednesday night, State Department official Eric Stein told the U.S. District Court for the District of Columbia that department staffers have made “significant progress” on preparing the emails for release.

As a result, the department will now be able to release the roughly 550 emails — roughly 14 percent of the 3,700 remaining Clinton emails — on Saturday, in the middle of the Presidents Day holiday weekend. The department had previously said it could not release the emails until late next week.

Releasing the emails on Saturday “provides time to address any additional problems that may arise,” Stein wrote, “as have occurred in the past at this final stage in the process.”

The Obama administration is already more than a week behind schedule on the emails, which were all supposed to have been released by Jan. 29.

But last month, in a surprise announcement shortly ahead of the Iowa caucuses, the department said the last of Clinton’s emails would not be made public until the end of February.

View Quote
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:30:08 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
Any day now guys, any day now.

View Quote

Yeah but Fidel Castro is still alive.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 6:50:18 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Wouldn't fly. From what I have seen so far the private accounts belong to her inner circle and senior staff. There is no justification for using those accounts for official business nor any loophole in policy that allows for such a provision.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:01:04 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

View Quote

A lot of people think Comey has a lot of integrity. I assume that's being tested.

FBI did leak about the SB terrorists. They have also been playing this out, when they could have long ago come out with "nothing to see here".

There are also the intelligence agencies, which seem to be pissed.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:16:39 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

A lot of people think Comey has a lot of integrity. I assume that's being tested.

FBI did leak about the SB terrorists. They have also been playing this out, when they could have long ago come out with "nothing to see here".

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

This is what gives me hope.  If anyone was going to stop this, they wouldn't be letting it ramp up.  The cat is out of the bag.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:29:54 PM EDT
[#37]

Report: Investigators with the State
Department issued subpoena to Clinton Foundation seeking documents about
projects that may have required government approval during Hillary
Clinton's term as secretary of state, sources tell The Washington Post

Read more on washingtonpost.com

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 7:38:59 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:

They have withheld a small number of emails to or from Obama on his executive privilege. Seven, I think.  None of them contained classified information.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

But if it was 18 minutes missing from a recording there would be Hell to pay. If it's not classified then there is no reason to withhold them. In fact FOIA says they should available if requested.

Posted Via AR15.Com Mobile
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:04:33 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

But if it was 18 minutes missing from a recording there would be Hell to pay. If it's not classified then there is no reason to withhold them. In fact FOIA says they should available if requested.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Executive_privilege
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:08:20 PM EDT
[#41]

considering her past criminal behavior, considering her tendency to see everything that she does as fair game for her own enrichment, those that had access to her server from State more than likely wore two hats, members of her inner circle, criminal compatriots, and her advisers and assistants at State. In other words, in her mind, everything was more than Kosher.

You're right and right after I typed that I thought there's no way she has distinctly different people performing functions. In fact the DoS job was most likely just another way for her to enrich herself. In her mind it's "fuck this country, how do I get rich"?
View Quote

there is no question that this is the reason that she wanted, and bargained/negotiated for the office of Sec of State.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:10:08 PM EDT
[#42]

I'm very surprised that the top aids to the SoS don't have a top secret clearance.

Eta,   I know you must have a need to know, byt the article said that she lacked the clearance.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:12:04 PM EDT
[#43]

You have to wonder when Huma is going to suddenly disappear and magically reappear in the welcoming arms of her Muslim Brothers................
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:16:58 PM EDT
[#44]

FBI is taking their time setting up the case.  Hillary is a really big fish to catch so they don't want to mess this up. Lets hope

and can indict Clinton’s top aides and trade less punishment for testimony against her.

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:27:39 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

I'm very surprised that the top aids to the SoS don't have a top secret clearance.
View All Quotes

Just because they have a TS does not mean they have access to a specific SAP.

edited for idiotic grammar.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:33:20 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

Just because the have a TS does not mean that have access to a specific SAP.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Just because the have a TS does not mean that have access to a specific SAP.

I almost added that I realize there must be a need to know.  The artical said that they lacked the clearance.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:42:54 PM EDT
[#47]

Quoted:
View All Quotes

Even if you have a clearance, you may not be cleared for a particular piece of information, and you're required to report if you encounter classified information that is not being stored/handled properly...

Link Posted: 2/11/2016 8:45:22 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Even if you have a clearance, you may not be cleared for a particular piece of information, and you're required to report if you encounter classified information that is not being stored/handled properly...

View All Quotes
Quoted:

I know.  See above.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:20:48 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Eta,   I know you must have a need to know, byt the article said that she lacked the clearance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Many people confuse all sorts of things with regard to this topic.
Link Posted: 2/11/2016 9:25:38 PM EDT
[#50]
Looks like we will be getting weekly email dumps until the end of the month.

Judge to State Dept: finish Clinton email release by Feb. 29

NEW YORK (Reuters) - A judge ordered the U.S. State Department on Thursday to complete by Feb. 29 its public release of the work emails of Democratic presidential candidate Hillary Clinton from her time as secretary of state.

Clinton's decision to use a private email server in her New York home for work between 2009 and 2013 is being investigated by the Federal Bureau of Investigation, which took the server and other computer equipment belonging to Clinton last year.

Thursday's order by a federal judge all but guarantees more news reports about the email controversy as Americans in the early voting states of Nevada and South Carolina choose the Democratic Party's nominee on Feb. 20 and Feb. 27.....

And:

In his order, U.S. District Judge Rudolph Contreras in the District of Columbia also told the department to release at least 550 more emails by Saturday and to release others on Feb. 19 and Feb. 26.

http://news.yahoo.com/judge-state-dept-finish-clinton-email-release-month-183121027.html
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top