Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 46
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 8:04:19 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Ummmm yeah! We are living in a 1st world banana republic! I have no faith that justice will be served!
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Attorney General Loretta Lynch will appear on Fox News Special Report with Brett Baier on Monday at 6:00 pm.  Harris Faulkner of Fox News is reporting that Lynch will appear in an attempt to reassure the American people that the Justice Department is taking the investigation seriously.

Ummmm yeah! We are living in a 1st world banana republic! I have no faith that justice will be served!

I want to see as much of this info get out as possible. Let's see exactly how banana republic Obama and his supporters are.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 8:58:05 PM EDT
[#2]
Final document dump of Clinton emails today.

Catherine Herridge reporting that one email was held back at request from law enforcement.  She is reporting that FBI sources say it is a smoking gun document that shows intent to bypass government security measures.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:00:11 PM EDT
[#3]

Quoted:

Catherine Herridge reporting that one email was held back at request from law enforcement.  She is reporting that FBI sources say it is a smoking gun document that shows intent to bypass government security measures.
View Quote

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:03:44 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:

View Quote

Uh oh.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:05:24 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

View Quote

So they actually have the 18-1/2 minutes of Hillary tape?
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:09:40 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:

View Quote

We can only hope.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:11:24 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

View Quote

Interesting that we are hearing about this with the last document dump.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:12:43 PM EDT
[#8]
Quoted:

We can only hope.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can only hope.

Held back from the public in an attempt to do what and for what purpose?

Prosecution?  Obfuscation?
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:13:35 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Yup.  But that could be for reasons favoring either side if you think about it.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:14:50 PM EDT
[#10]
Catherine Herridge also reported more.  I was in the process of posting it here and my mind suddenly went blank and I was unable to remember what it was.  Attempting to recover thought process....

That's it.  She is reporting the FBI has recovered much of the deleted emails from Clinton's illegally erased server.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:14:51 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can only hope.

It would be prosecution.  You don't want to publish the evidence you're going to use against someone.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:15:01 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can only hope.

Sure would be interesting if it was an order from someone else.  Just dreaming.  
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:17:20 PM EDT
[#13]
In the Loretta Lynch interview today it was eye opening when she responded to the question about Pratreus being prosecuted for much less than what Clinton has been proved to have done.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:25:57 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
In the Loretta Lynch interview today it was eye opening when she responded to the question about Pratreus being prosecuted for much less than what Clinton has been proved to have done.
View Quote

What I found interesting is she kept repeating the "We will do what we always do" thing.  All I could think of is to take her word for it: if a democrat they will always get a pass.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:27:38 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:
View Quote

Go on.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:31:27 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

The vast majority of contractors conduct their official business on servers provided by the hiring organization. If a contract company is operating their own systems, particularly in the case of Classified, those systems must meet the same configuration and physical security standards as the Government systems and are subject to inspection for compliance.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIY.  Contractors most certainly can conduct"official" business with the gov using their contractor-owned servers.

And I'm not entirely certainthe gov employee restriction is not just "policy" vice law.

Now, in Clinton's case, she most certainly could have had a SCIF with JWICS and SIPR terminals installed in her house at taxpayer expense if she asked for it.  I'd bet WHCA installed a STE as a matter of course for Cabinet members.

She had to deliberately try to do what she did.

ETA - and I heard GEN Hayden (former DIRNSA/DCI) on the radio this evening say that he would lose all respect for a lot of foreign intelligence agencies if they had not sucked her personal server dry.

The vast majority of contractors conduct their official business on servers provided by the hiring organization. If a contract company is operating their own systems, particularly in the case of Classified, those systems must meet the same configuration and physical security standards as the Government systems and are subject to inspection for compliance.

Indeed.  We may be into semantics...Contractor = the company holding the contract.  Contractor employees are not contractors, per se, although the terminology is generally blurred.

I've been an AISSO for contractor-owned classified systems.  It's a pain, but not much of a pain.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:31:41 PM EDT
[#17]
I have no faith that that lying bitch will get any punishment whatsoever.

(I would love to be wrong)
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:32:00 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
Catherine Herridge also reported more.  I was in the process of posting it here and my mind suddenly went blank and I was unable to remember what it was.  Attempting to recover thought process....

That's it.  She is reporting the FBI has recovered much of the deleted emails from Clinton's illegally erased server.
View Quote

That was originally reported a little while ago. There was a FOIA request for the recovered emails but it was turned down due to the FBI's investigation.

ETA: A link to a story about the emails being recovered.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/22/fbi-reportedly-recovered-deleted-emails-from-clinton-server.html
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:33:50 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

I heard "fewer than 2 dozen"

However, the quantity of emails isn't the crime. The content is key, and the administration wants to keep them under wraps.

Edited to add: few emails between SoS and POTUS would suggest a rather dysfunctional administration, unless they typically communicated in other ways. But Clinton used lots of emails.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
They said six emails.  Not much of a crime.

However, the quantity of emails isn't the crime. The content is key, and the administration wants to keep them under wraps.

Edited to add: few emails between SoS and POTUS would suggest a rather dysfunctional administration, unless they typically communicated in other ways. But Clinton used lots of emails.

You guys aren't keeping up.  Last I heard the count was over 1300 classified e-mails.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:35:30 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

Indeed.  We may be into semantics...Contractor = the company holding the contract.  Contractor employees are not contractors, per se, although the terminology is generally blurred.

I've been an AISSO for contractor-owned classified systems.  It's a pain, but not much of a pain.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

FIY.  Contractors most certainly can conduct"official" business with the gov using their contractor-owned servers.

And I'm not entirely certainthe gov employee restriction is not just "policy" vice law.

Now, in Clinton's case, she most certainly could have had a SCIF with JWICS and SIPR terminals installed in her house at taxpayer expense if she asked for it.  I'd bet WHCA installed a STE as a matter of course for Cabinet members.

She had to deliberately try to do what she did.

ETA - and I heard GEN Hayden (former DIRNSA/DCI) on the radio this evening say that he would lose all respect for a lot of foreign intelligence agencies if they had not sucked her personal server dry.

FWIW, that's why I've tried to stay out of the weeds. We're into territory that is difficult to keep at a layman level and a lot of folks get hung up on a picture of how they think things "should" work. In truth, it may not differ much from how it "does" work but there's usually a couple layers of "meaning of 'is'" to cut through if we're being accurate in our portrayals.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:37:24 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

You guys aren't keeping up.  Last I heard the count was over 1300 classified e-mails.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Maybe they are talking about the number of emails between Hillary and the WH.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:37:31 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We were talking about emails to or from Obama.  It was reported that none of them contained classified info.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:37:40 PM EDT
[#23]
Has Obama endorsed anyone for President yet?  
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:42:29 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
View Quote

Biden hasn't announced yet.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:42:42 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View Quote

No, but he doesn't want Hilldog.

He won't let the Clintons drag his party back to the center. He loathes them.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:44:36 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

We were talking about emails to or from Obama.  It was reported that none of them contained classified info.
View Quote

Yes, but State reported that. Who else vetted these?

I actually doubt these were highly classified, but they may put the two of them in a very bad light. But State has tended to try to spin things to make Clinton look good, but that is hard to do when CIA (or whoever) is saying "no, that's born classified information". Emails between Clinton and Obama that State says are not classified and Obama doesn't want to release . . . yeah, I don't trust anyone involved.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:45:32 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I don't think she will drag anything back to the center. She may not want to defend Iran from Israel, if it comes to that . . .
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:45:42 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Good thing they have super delegates.  
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:46:13 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:

It would be prosecution.  You don't want to publish the evidence you're going to use against someone.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can only hope.

Wasn't there another email were she told them to send info unsecured?
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:47:01 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
FWIW, that's why I've tried to stay out of the weeds. We're into territory that is difficult to keep at a layman level and a lot of folks get hung up on a picture of how they think things "should" work. In truth, it may not differ much from how it "does" work but there's usually a couple layers of "meaning of 'is'" to cut through if we're being accurate in our portrayals.
View Quote

The Clinton/State narrative "they were not marked classified at the time" is clear meaning of "is" spin.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:48:36 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:

That was originally reported a little while ago. There was a FOIA request for the recovered emails but it was turned down due to the FBI's investigation.

http://www.foxnews.com/politics/2015/09/22/fbi-reportedly-recovered-deleted-emails-from-clinton-server.html
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

I hope they did recover the deleted emails.  I would love to see her reaction when she is told.

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:55:28 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Over 1,800 a week ago of total classified emails.  22 top secret or above. 8 emails to Obama a few weeks ago
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:56:06 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

We can only hope.

Yes, but it was not a smoking gun.  She claimed that there was confusion, and the info was not sent.  It could be used against her, but it didn't prove anything.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 9:59:28 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Yes, but it was not a smoking gun.  She claimed that there was confusion, and the info was not sent.  It could be used against her, but it didn't prove anything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

The smoking gun email is a new one that is being held back completely.  Could it be an email telling someone to wipe the server?  You know, with like a cloth.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:00:50 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:

The Clinton/State narrative "they were not marked classified at the time" is clear meaning of "is" spin.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

That line is doing nothing but buying time with the polls.  The people believe that it matters that they weren't classified when sent, but she absolutely knows better.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:04:53 PM EDT
[#36]
Might be time to petition Zhukov to fire up the "Official" Biden and Warren threads.  
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:06:26 PM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

That line is doing nothing but buying time with the polls.  The people believe that it matters that they weren't classified when sent, but she absolutely knows better.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Sure. The intelligence agencies are saying the info was classified at the time. One of Clinton's henchmen lifted the info directly from the properly marked classified document and put it, sans markings, into her server. She knows full well what she was doing.

She also knows most of her supporters are too stupid to figure it out or too corrupt to care.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:09:09 PM EDT
[#38]
face it, this administration will attempt to obfuscate, stall, hinder, assemble roadblocks, stonewall this thing as long as possible. They were complicit and they planned on taking advantage of the gambit she was inflicting on the administration and the American people. But, it backfired on them.......what possibly started out as ploy by Valerie and her minions to control the Clintons soon devolved into a federal investigation that took on a life of it's own.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:09:53 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

It was a State memo, and if the info was only classified by State she as OCA could send it. If the info in the memo was classified by another OCA it is another matter.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:12:29 PM EDT
[#40]
Quoted:

Over 1,800 a week ago of total classified emails.  22 top secret or above. 8 emails to Obama a few weeks ago
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Jesus....Anyone else would be facing a long career in Federal PMITA prison.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:13:46 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

further proof that the dems have their primary system criminally fixed, nothing like a bunch of apparatchiks to make sure the establishment's guy wins.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:13:57 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:

Sure. The intelligence agencies are saying the info was classified at the time. One of Clinton's henchmen lifted the info directly from the properly marked classified document and put it, sans markings, into her server. She knows full well what she was doing.

She also knows most of her supporters are too stupid to figure it out or too corrupt to care.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

The next step will be to blame it all on her staff.  They are in deep shit.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:15:25 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

our Republic is effectively dead.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:15:26 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

As they should be.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:16:16 PM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

all it takes, is one, to roll
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:16:42 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
face it, this administration will attempt to obfuscate, stall, hinder, assemble roadblocks, stonewall this thing as long as possible. They were complicit and they planned on taking advantage of the gambit she was inflicting on the administration and the American people. But, it backfired on them.......what possibly started out as ploy by Valerie and her minions to control the Clintons soon devolved into a federal investigation that took on a life of it's own.
View Quote

That's pretty much my ttake on it all as well. Especially the investigation taking on a life of its own.

There is no telling how this will shake out. But I wouldn't rule out some sort of Black Swan where she gets thrown under the bus because it's all too big and out of control to cover up.

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:17:53 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

further proof that the dems have their primary system criminally fixed, nothing like a bunch of apparatchiks to make sure the establishment's guy wins.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:
Quoted:

Comes in handy when your main go to candidate is under indictment and the average guy in the middle says fuck it, not voting this time.  Now they can just dust off an acceptable alternative to Bernie and that person can still be nominated.  
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:23:21 PM EDT
[#48]
Any day now.

Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:27:05 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

As they should be.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

As they should be.

Absolutely. They get a full share.  But the way I see it, the only way she gets away with this is to dump it all on them.  Hopefully, the "smoking gun" pins her with the brunt of it.
Link Posted: 2/29/2016 10:33:39 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

all it takes, is one, to roll
View Quote

Would that take a prosecutor offering immunity in return for information? That's exactly what Lynch / Obama seem to be avoiding. FBI isn't the one who can cut a deal. They just investigate.
Page / 46
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top