Are you sure you wish to do this?

Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Site Notices
Page / 5
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:43:03 PM EDT
[#1]
We need a Gunny Highway prequel about the Battle of Heartbreak Ridge and how he won his MOH. With Scott Eastwood playing Gunny Highway. 'Nuff said.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:43:06 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

Tell us about your favorite.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I've got 62 books worth of ideas.

Tell us about your favorite.

A farmboy from a world of neo-Quaker pacifists defies his family to enlist in the military during an interstellar war and winds up an enhanced super-commando killing machine...and then has to defy direct orders to free the planet that rejected him when they're invaded by the enemy.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:43:24 PM EDT
[#3]
Chuck Norris wipes out hollywood. the degenerates, the pedophiles, the scumbags all get wiped out and he burns the whole motherfucker down.

featuring a shit load of explosions, car chases, and at least one topless appearance by Sydney Sweeney
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:44:21 PM EDT
[#4]
Jessica Buchanan hostage rescue

I know there has already been a film featuring Somali bad guys and Seals, but the rescue of Jessica Buchanan would make an excellent movie.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:45:36 PM EDT
[#5]
I'm not smart enough to link the South Park episode with Awesome-O 4000.

He pitches a bunch of great movie ideas.

rabbit
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:47:32 PM EDT
[#6]
Oceangate
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 4:52:44 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
I was talking to Jody Plauche Saturday and he said he would like to see a movie made about the story with him, his dad and what happened with Jeff Doucet.

Anyone here have any connections to any one in the movie business?
View Quote

Guys.  This is one we shouldn’t ignore.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:03:13 PM EDT
[#8]
I wonder if anyone still has a copy of the Zombie apocalpse story from the GA HTF?
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:09:40 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
I was talking to Jody Plauche Saturday and he said he would like to see a movie made about the story with him, his dad and what happened with Jeff Doucet.

View Quote

@Eitek1

CarmelByTheSea
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:11:39 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:

Louis L’Amour’s Last of the Breed.

I could go on and on…
View Quote

Yes to this and also tv show of bowdrie stories one per episode.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:12:12 PM EDT
[#11]
Aliens invade earth and kill everyone, as they are about to take the earth's resources the sun explodes due to a smart human coming up with a way to make stars go supernova.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:13:05 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:

>Netflix buys it
>"Welp time to cast this one"

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/044/747/1.jpg

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
In the spirit of the huge success of Bridgerton, Julie Garwood, Jude Devereaux, and Rebecca Paisley have a gold mine’s worth of material.

I’d love to see some exploration of Anglo-Saxon and Welsh history (some absolutely amazing stories there that almost no one has heard of).

If they’d actually stick to the stories and not try to insert woke BS, the original Dragonlance and Forgotten Realms novels could provide years worth of material, but fans will expect an authentic rendition.

>Netflix buys it
>"Welp time to cast this one"

https://i.kym-cdn.com/entries/icons/original/000/044/747/1.jpg

Sad truth.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:16:20 PM EDT
[#13]
Non-fiction books

1) Dan Mills' Sniper One.  It's like Zulu where an isolated British battalion fights off hordes of jihandis.  Not so much sniping but desperate fighting.
2) Max Gendleman's A Tale of Two Soldiers.  A Jewish GI captured at the Battle of the Bulge is befriended by a recovering Luftwaffe pilot.  The two becomes friends and conspired to escape the war.  Decades later they reunite in America where their friendship is rekindled (so the ending may be used as the begining like in SPR).
3) Georg Rauch Unlikely Warrior - Viennese Jew (1/4 & is tolerated b/c his father was a lieut. in the old army) is drafted into the German Army where he becomes a radioman (childhood hobby which earned them a Gestapo visit).  He earns the Iron Cross, has several escapes and is finally captured by the Soviets.  He is released early (but is very unhealthy b/c of starvation) b/c he is a Jew and b/c of his Austrian nationality.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:17:56 PM EDT
[#14]
Down Terrorscope

Horror/thriller movie

5 People, 2 operators, 3 tourists, on a tourist mini-sub voyage to see the Titanic...
Catastrophe, they lose propulsion and communications, the emergency surface mechanism doesn't work.

They have enough air for 3 days supporting 5 people (15 people-days of air...)

One operator and 2 passengers gang up and kill off the other two.
The remaining three people could last 5 days.
All three are afraid to fall asleep because they think the first one to fall asleep will be killed by the other two.
Finally one does, and they do.
And then the last tourist kills the last operator...

The last person sitting alone in the near dark, cold, closet-sized box on the bottom of the ocean with 4 dead bodies.

The twist ending...
The lone survivor is rescued at the three-day mark.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:20:10 PM EDT
[#15]
There's a movie based on this

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:23:48 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
Pick any of America’s badass warriors over the years and tell their story.  Bonus points for extra Americana and titties.
View Quote

Two Words: Taffy 6.

Hanks as one of the captains.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:24:08 PM EDT
[#17]
A guy living in a "fictional" country with a tyrannical government starts engaging in solo acts, destroys power stations, blows up buildings and bridges, conducts assassinations on tier 3 personalities.  All over the country.
He truly acts alone so the government can't find him.
His acts have impacts and other solo actors are inspired to copy the strategy.
Soon multiple lone actors are waging war on the government and they are playing whack a mole but having no effect.
The people see the weakness of the government and organize to eliminate it.
Eventually they topple it.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:25:53 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:

Two Words: Taffy 6.

Hanks as one of the captains.
View Quote

Why not Arnie Hammer?
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:27:28 PM EDT
[#19]
Roots with white and black actor roles swapped.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:27:33 PM EDT
[#20]
Dirty Harry prequel....

Depicting Harry as a rookie officer, and how he became what he is.  He mentioned losing other partners, so also showing those events.   Scott Eastwood would be my choice for the part.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:28:18 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:
Rules:

- No sequels

-Must be an original IP, if some random person did a similar story in 1943 I'm not going to bust your balls, but if you come in here proposing the lion king I'm going to make you feel bad.

-Historical events are fine.... but I don't want this thread to just be about interesting points in history.

I'll start:

What do you got?
View Quote

red rising 5 soon to be 6 books, very highly rated space opera, would make a great series of movies. needs avengers infinity war/end game level of graphics
shattered sea series. 3 books would make a fabulous HBO 3 season series. vikings after the apocalypse, great characters on the level of rr martin

there are others. im really surprised the red rising hasnt got traction. it was picked up and then dropped for some reason
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:32:50 PM EDT
[#22]
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:36:37 PM EDT
[#24]
Similar to 13 Hours (how a bunch of guys are involved in a shitty situation), a depiction of the Battle of Chosin Reservoir. Might be too involved for a single sitdown, might need to be stretched out similar to BoB.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:37:36 PM EDT
[#25]
I'd like to see a remake of "The Man who Shot Liberty Valance" set in modern day Chicago or another Blue City.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:37:37 PM EDT
[#26]
Showgirls movie, but all the women have to weight between 180-230
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:38:22 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
View Quote

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:40:45 PM EDT
[#28]
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/219476/ohyou-601869.JPG

Thicc bishes are like pringles...once you pop you can't stop

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:49:48 PM EDT
[#29]
Historical - WW1 East African campaign. Old von Lettow-Vorbeck was pretty good.

War/Horror - WW2, Burma jungle, Japanese and Americans and Brits.
Fighting each other they blow up an old temple releasing an ancient evil demon monster.
They have to band together to fight the demon.

Comedy - Kelley’s Heroes years later.

Western - Accurate story of Kit Carson

Fredrick Forsythe’s A Careful Man

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:50:52 PM EDT
[#30]
The Christopher Dorner incidents could make a decent film.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:51:54 PM EDT
[#31]
How about a Spanish-American war movie. We have a lack of those.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:52:24 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

red rising
View Quote

It'd be rated X if it follows the books.

Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:54:29 PM EDT
[#33]
Deepthroat meets the Gremlins, or has that been done?
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:56:58 PM EDT
[#34]
1. My life story - would make a great mini-series or series of movies.

2. Mel Gibson needs to do a Sodom and Gomorrah movie - I'd love to see heads exploding over it.

3. An Armie Hammer like 50 Shades of Cannibal movie.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 5:59:53 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
I’m a bit puzzled why they haven’t made a movie about the Russian women pilots who flew night combat missions in WW2.

Women communist protagonists? Cheap aircraft?

Not cinematic enough I suppose.

View Quote

night witches would be badass!
to pull putins chain you can have lesbian orgies
when they aren't flying around strafing the fuck out of nazi aholes.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:00:14 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

@Eitek1

CarmelByTheSea
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

@Eitek1

CarmelByTheSea
Thanks, I'll shoot him a message. There is just a TON to the whole story most folks don't know. I found out new info on Saturday and I've been around this my whole life.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:00:58 PM EDT
[#37]
I wouldn't give those bass turds anymore ideas
Had one stolen in college by a prof turned into a famous film with a few changes...had the story pretty well fleshed out for them...
No one believes me but she knows.
Refused to return my paper to me gave me an A minus on it...said she didn't return papers...
other students got theirs back.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:01:05 PM EDT
[#38]
Cody Jinks | "David" | Adobe Sessions

Chris Knight - Down The River

Either of these songs would make a great movie
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:06:19 PM EDT
[#39]
Heroic liberal Hollywood male writers get accused of becoming conservative so have to prove they are liberals by shooting up conservative venues.  Semi liberal police investigators start to close in on liberal writer shooters but realize that the liberal writers are heros and thus fail to prosecute thus relieving their same sex partners so much that they get pregnant and they give birth to butthole babies.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:06:43 PM EDT
[#40]
Easy: Without Remorse.  Exactly as written.   Not Black faced or anything else.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:09:52 PM EDT
[#41]
Quoted:
I wouldn't give those bass turds anymore ideas
Had one stolen in college by a prof turned into a famous film with a few changes...had the story pretty well fleshed out for them...
No one believes me but she knows.
Refused to return my paper to me gave me an A minus on it...said she didn't return papers...
other students got theirs back.
View Quote

What film?
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:14:55 PM EDT
[#42]
A haunted laundromat grabs women's wrists when they reach into the dryers. They all get stuck and need help getting out.

Starring Kate Beckinsale, Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Connelly and Jennifer Morrison.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:16:21 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:
A haunted laundromat grabs women's wrists when they reach into the dryers. They all get stuck and need help getting out.

Staring Kate Beckinsale, Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Connelly and Jennifer Morrison.
View Quote

You've been partnered up with wingnutx.

Hopefully he can afford cat food after your smashing success.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:16:38 PM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:

Staring Kate Beckinsale, Amy Adams, Jennifer Lawrence, Jennifer Connelly and Jennifer Morrison.
View Quote
Why do I have the feeling other films have inspired this?
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:17:53 PM EDT
[#45]
Torpedo 8

Tell the story of The USS Hornet's torpedo squadron leading up to and during the Battle of Midway.

LCR. John Waldron and Ensign George Gay would be the leads.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:18:22 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:
Rules:

- No sequels

-Must be an original IP, if some random person did a similar story in 1943 I'm not going to bust your balls, but if you come in here proposing the lion king I'm going to make you feel bad.

-Historical events are fine.... but I don't want this thread to just be about interesting points in history.

I'll start:

Guys in a car wreck and goes into a medically induced coma, wakes up and falls in love with the nurse taking care of him.

Gets married has kids, and eventually he reaches a point at his youngest daughter's wedding where he just feels supremely content and satisfied.

He then ACTUALLY wakes up from his coma and the nurse simply doesn't recognize him.

His life, his accomplishments and worst of all his children never existed.

The 2nd half of the movie is him coming to terms with it.

What do you got?
View Quote

The Walrus: An epic story of one Cat's rise to immortality
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:19:08 PM EDT
[#47]
I’ve been mulling around the idea of a story with aspects of Starship Troopers, WH40K, multiverse theory, Deathworlders, and a touch of lovecraftian horror.

The plot involves several alien galactic factions getting their collective faces bitten off by incomprehensible reality-devouring horrors known only as “the bugs.” So, one of these alien factions decides they’ve reached the godzilla threshold, and begins searching for something scarier.

They stumble upon humanity, and shudder at the thought of unleashing such violent, contradictory creatures upon the galaxy…

But when facing the threat of extinction, any alternative is preferable. And mankind has both a natural, instinctive inclination to warfare, as well as a capacity for violence that no other sentient species possessed. They were the perfect soldiers. No… not soldiers.

Warriors.

First book would follow the man they selected as the perfect representation of humanity, building their army, and being the first to reclaim a world taken by the bugs. This comes at a heavy cost, and forever changes the man that had been chosen to lead his brothers and sisters. He would not lead his people to slaughter just for the sake of some uncaring alien bastards.

Humanity will not be their sacrificial dogs of war. They will become conquerors.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:28:31 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
I have over 3000 books in my library and yet Hollywood can’t find any ideas, pathetic.

Something like this would be a good start…

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/19372/IMG_3908_jpeg-2865709.JPG

Maybe an updated version of Lucifer’s Hammer.

A whole series on Casca the Eternal Mercenary.

Any number of stories from John Ringo, maybe the Looking Glass series.

Louis L’Amour’s Last of the Breed.

I could go on and on…
View Quote

guns of the south 100%!!!
so much awesome
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:35:30 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

Yes to this and also tv show of bowdrie stories one per episode.
View Quote

Louis LA amour  the Ferguson rifle.
a teen given a fantastic rifle by a British major recovering from a a war injury who rides off to fafo.
Link Posted: 6/27/2023 6:38:43 PM EDT
[#50]
An old friend and I came up with a plot for a Star Wars movie about a Jedi (we cast Daniel Dae Kim) sent to murder a Sith Lord (we cast Keanu Reeves) who’s dark side power was extreme apathy. He didn’t care what happened to the rest of the galaxy, he didn’t care if he lived or died, he just wanted to sit alone on a planet and study the dark side. The Jedi ended up being shown the hole in the cosmic donut and realizing that he didn’t matter either, but the Sith didn’t care enough to teach him anything, and they just kinda moped along together.

We also discussed a TV plot about humanity building a one way portal to an alien planet. Settlers go through along with supplies, but soon the supplies stop coming and technology basically devolves to the Wild West era. The characters would experience Wild West problems while attempting to build a portal back to earth.

I’m currently (very slowly) working on writing a loosely connected anthology of stories about Americans in a big city who decide to fight back when the city government abandons them to anarchists and mobs like happened across America during the 2020 Summer Of Fiery But Mostly Peaceful Protests.
Page / 5
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top