Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:06:57 PM EDT
[#1]
Do want for my G29 hunting/woods pack gun
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:08:33 PM EDT
[#2]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:

I don't hate any American companies.

I'm disappointed that some companies refuse to innovate and compete.  

That's all.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so i have learned in this thread we hate American companies and love Chicom products

I don't hate any American companies.

I'm disappointed that some companies refuse to innovate and compete.  

That's all.
i guess I'm just a Trijicon fanboy and I'm supporting your people in Wixom
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:11:21 PM EDT
[#3]
Open Questions:
- can it pass a drop test (assume yes)
- battery life
- does the auto adjust brightness not suck
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:13:53 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
Not bad!

Where the hell is Trijicon?  I don't understand how they can be this deep in hibernation.
View Quote

Why would they care about innovation? They're on the govt titty with all their .mil contracts.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:14:07 PM EDT
[#5]
I’ll get ahead of the muh iron sights….

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:14:12 PM EDT
[#6]
Quoted:
i guess I'm just a Trijicon fanboy and I'm supporting your people in Wixom
View Quote

I won't be beating you up at all.  

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:18:53 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:
Open Questions:
- can it pass a drop test (assume yes)
- battery life
- does the auto adjust brightness not suck
View Quote

Unless it is significantly more fragile than the other HS sights, I would be fairly confident.

I cannot imagine the battery life would be substantially less than the other current sights, which is generally quoted as 50K hours with the dot only, set at the middle of the brightness range.

I have no issue with the auto brightness on my 508T; that said, if it bothers you, it can be disabled without tools.  I am pretty sure the same control sequence would be used on these new sights.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:21:55 PM EDT
[#8]
I currently have a 407K on my P365XL.  I may end up grabbing this for it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:29:49 PM EDT
[#9]
So not an RMR cut, but an RMS cut?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:31:58 PM EDT
[#10]
I'm looking forward to seeing the price p oint on the cheaper, non-solar AEMS Core sight from Holosun's SHOT releases. They also have some illuminators / PID weapon mounted lasers
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:32:39 PM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:
So not an RMR cut, but an RMS cut?
View Quote

These and the other "K" sights use a variation of the Shield RMSc footprint, yes.

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:35:45 PM EDT
[#12]
Quoted:
Not bad!

Where the hell is Trijicon?  I don't understand how they can be this deep in hibernation.
View Quote

When people keep buying in name (like Glock), what is the reason to innovate at all?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:39:19 PM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:
so i have learned in this thread we hate American companies and love Chicom products
View Quote

Nobody is saying that, Drama Queen.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:42:21 PM EDT
[#14]
Holosun failure rates are also a thing
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:49:22 PM EDT
[#15]
In the grand scheme of things, what major innovation is NEEDED in the world of RDS, be it pistol or rifle mounted? It's a dot used for aiming. That's about it. Other than the battery location on an RMR what else does Trijicon need to "innovate" exactly?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 5:54:46 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:
In the grand scheme of things, what major innovation is NEEDED in the world of RDS, be it pistol or rifle mounted? It's a dot used for aiming. That's about it. Other than the battery location on an RMR what else does Trijicon need to "innovate" exactly?
View Quote

Post up a link or photo of a Trijicon MRDS with enclosed emitter.

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 6:16:28 PM EDT
[#17]
A couple years ago Chinasun had a low profile RDS that they were showing as proof of concept.  It sat way low, with the base barely rising above the slide cutout. It allowed co-witness without supressor height sights.

If I recall correctly, it had no battery and was solar powered only. Then I heard it had capacitors and would run for a day off a solar charge.  

Found it..

SHOT 2020 - Holosun ULTRA SLIM Battery-Less Pistol Sight (BLPS)

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 6:32:42 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
A couple years ago Chinasun had a low profile RDS that they were showing as proof of concept.  It sat way low, with the base barely rising above the slide cutout. It allowed co-witness without supressor height sights.

If I recall correctly, it had no battery and was solar powered only. Then I heard it had capacitors and would run for a day off a solar charge.  

Found it..

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fP_1Yk_3DHA
View Quote

Yes, that is what is currently being referred to as the SCS, mentioned a couple of times in this thread.

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 6:36:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:
These new models use the same footprint/fastener spacing as the existing 407K & 507K optics for compact and/or narrow slide pistols, but have the enclosed emitter like the 509T.

Think of these as a 509T without the proprietary dovetail/clamp mount, and with a narrowed chassis on the Carry version (on the left), but retaining all of the other features, including 6 MOA selectable circle/dot reticle, the PV panel for Solar Failsafe, Shake-Awake, and the side-load battery tray, as well as IPX8 waterproof rating.

I have not yet been able to find anything anywhere on price range.  Probably will be announced at shot, along with the details on the SCS (Self-Charging Sight).  

https://fragoutmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/holosun-eps-1080x731.jpg

https://fragoutmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/holosun-eps-2-1080x731.jpg

https://fragoutmag.com/wp-content/uploads/2022/01/holosun-eps-3.jpg

@BradN This puts another wrinkle into what we were discussing WRT milling a 1911-A1 slide for 509T!

@45-Seventy

@fox2008

@J-Pat

@Notcalifornialegal

@YoteSlayer69

@Real_PhillBert

@Rudukai13

@RustedAce

@macman37
View Quote

Interesting @kozaki  I'm sure we can work with this.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:18:17 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:
View Quote

Interestingly in 94 or 95 when i was poor, i put a BSA RD42 on a Colt AR and ran it at work for about 5 years then gave it to a friend who still runs in on a Lage upper m11 open bolt in full auto matches. Sometimes you don’t get what you pay for. Sometimes you get much more.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:31:17 PM EDT
[#21]
So if I understand this correctly, this is basically an aimpoint acro, but not the size of a television?
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:35:06 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:

Yes, that is what is currently being referred to as the SCS, mentioned a couple of times in this thread.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Found it..

@Dumak @kozaki And they’re now putting that into production too:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/NEW-Holosun-SCS-ultra-low-profile-pistol-RDS/5-2522438/
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:36:12 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:
View Quote

The battery location would be a pretty damn good start
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 7:42:47 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:
So if I understand this correctly, this is basically an aimpoint acro, but not the size of a television?
View Quote

[GD] "It's not that big grandpa boomer lmao
I carry it AIWB all day on my Glock19 with a 24 round mag and I don't even print at all!"

Attachment Attached File
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 8:10:54 PM EDT
[#25]
Quoted:
View All Quotes
Quoted:

That's a good rundown, yes.

Quoted:

@Dumak @kozaki And they’re now putting that into production too:

https://www.ar15.com/forums/General/NEW-Holosun-SCS-ultra-low-profile-pistol-RDS/5-2522438/

Ahh yes, thank-you for the link!

Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:12:59 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:

[GD] "It's not that big grandpa boomer lmao
I carry it AIWB all day on my Glock19 with a 24 round mag and I don't even print at all!"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144599/glock-19-x_jpg-2241625.JPG
View Quote

Shut up and take my money
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:33:23 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:
Not a fan of the goofy branding and the solar panel...
View Quote

Never noticed either while I was looking thru the site. It just looks like a sight and always works.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:36:17 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
I’ve always heard that the dolor panels on other HS are pretty much useless. Since this has a non replaceable internal battery I guess they might have fixed it
View Quote

You're confusing new model releases-this has a replaceable battery. The sight will run just fine in daylight without it.

Frankly, with the shake awake power on mode, I don't know that most people need the solar panel because the sight is only on when the gun is moving. You can literally leave this sight to it's brightest setting and leave it in your safe for 10 years and not kill it.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:38:56 PM EDT
[#29]
Quoted:
What do you want Trijicon to do exactly?

They offer a very high quality reflex sight in many variations, including a compact version.

View Quote

An enclosed one with a solar panel and shake awake would be a great place to start that conversation...
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:43:49 PM EDT
[#30]
Quoted:
Might have to sell my 507k, I love the idea of closed emitters.

I'm always getting junk in my open emitters and its hard to clean.
View Quote

I had one of my SRO's freeze up and get bricked on a 25 minute walk on a braced pistol carried off body. It was right at freezing, foggy with mild sleet. Use my weapon light to check my cabin doors out when we got back from the walk and saw nothing but a sheet of white. A T-shirt on a finger didn't clear it, and made it worse. Would likely have not been an issue on a CCW gun, but I'm completely over open emitter RDS's now.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:46:00 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
View Quote

I love American companies, American Engineering, and American Products.

But I don't provide welfare for lazy companies.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:49:15 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:
View Quote

Show Me.

I've had to send several of my Trijicons back for repairs. I have bought all of their products I liked, they aren't infallible.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:55:12 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:

Interestingly in 94 or 95 when i was poor, i put a BSA RD42 on a Colt AR and ran it at work for about 5 years then gave it to a friend who still runs in on a Lage upper m11 open bolt in full auto matches. Sometimes you don’t get what you pay for. Sometimes you get much more.
View Quote

I'm glad you mentioned the Lage Upper on an M11/9...... I had a Trijicon RX30 on mine, and it ate it. The front lens locking ring unscrewed and the lens took such a beating that it started to chip around the edges. I sent it in, and Trijicon didn't repair it, they sent it back reassembled with the same chipped objective lens in it. I ended up giving it away to a friend that needed a sight for 2-Gun and it served him well until he upgraded to the 4.5MOA RX34.

Red Dot sights aren't rocked science, it is entirely possible for cheaper ones to be more durable than fashionable ones. In this case, it outlived my $500 "Get you thru to the end of the Apocalypse and doesn't need batteries" sight.
Link Posted: 1/15/2022 10:57:01 PM EDT
[#34]
Quoted:

Show Me.

I've had to send several of my Trijicons back for repairs. I have bought all of their products I liked, they aren't infallible.
View Quote

I don't doubt they fail.

But everything fails. Saying something fails is a non-sequitur. It is how often failure occurs and to what degree failure is acceptable.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 7:13:08 AM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
View Quote
The eps also has an enclosed laser emitter, solar panel, movement activated on-switch, battery hatch on the side instead of the bottom, and doesn't use custom dovetail mounting plate like the acro or hs509t.

The eps and eps carry looks like a win to me.  

After using RMR in the rainy weather of the puget sound I found the open emitter RMR style red dots are vulnerable to rain and mud. Rain and mud can get between the emitter and the lens. It was really lame when I had to shim up the battery with electrical tape to keep my RMRs working.

I've been using the enclosed emitter hs509t on my g17 & g19 for about a year now.  Both have been reliable.  As long as I can see through both lenses I can find the red dot in rain or mud.

Hs509t is quality Chinesium.  I really hope the quality control on the EPS is the same or better.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:07:00 AM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:

I don't doubt they fail.

But everything fails. Saying something fails is a non-sequitur. It is how often failure occurs and to what degree failure is acceptable.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show Me.

I don't doubt they fail.

Thank you. Anything and everything made by man (yes, even Glockfection made by His Holiness St. Gaston of Glock Hisownself) can and will fail.

What we all like to think we’re buying is a longer MTBF.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:08:33 AM EDT
[#37]
Quoted:

Found it..

View Quote

That profile would be a wise move for Trijicon to rip off. Turnabout is fair play, right?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:21:04 AM EDT
[#38]
Get one before the inevitable Trijicon lawsuit.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:22:12 AM EDT
[#39]
Just got a 507K for my 365X and am definitely interested in going to closed emitters. Will definitely wait a while to see how the non replaceable battery shakes out. The 507 series as a whole is tested enough for me to trust them.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:23:54 AM EDT
[#40]
Very odd that they aren’t offering one with a standard RMR footprint. The number of pistols with RMR cuts dwarfs the number with RMRsc cuts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:45:50 AM EDT
[#41]
Time will tell but I’m liking what I’m seeing so far. Hope a lgs gets one in stock so I can look at one in person.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:58:23 AM EDT
[#42]
6MOA dot?  I hope they offer it with a smaller dot.  I really prefer the 2 MOA dots they've been doing on other models.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 10:59:00 AM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Show Me.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Show Me.

I’ve had 1 Holosun red dot (403R maybe?) fail and 2 RMRs fail on me. No issues out of my 3 507c’s and 507k so far. I also have 3 RMRs that are chugging along as well.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:02:23 AM EDT
[#44]
Quoted:
Very odd that they aren’t offering one with a standard RMR footprint. The number of pistols with RMR cuts dwarfs the number with RMRsc cuts.
View Quote

These are targeting their 407/507k market, they already have the 509T for that market…though they need to get it adapted to the RMR footprint and not proprietary, they had to go with that for some reason I am sure as they have been pretty practical in their market approach.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:17:23 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
View Quote

On what grounds could they sue regarding these new optics?
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 11:52:39 AM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Too innovative
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 12:04:31 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

An enclosed one with a solar panel and shake awake would be a great place to start that conversation...
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

They offer a very high quality reflex sight in many variations, including a compact version.

I don't need either of those. Something that fits the RMSc cut on a Glock without milling or a plate that raises it above the slide would be a bonus. I'd buy one right now.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:24:46 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:
Just got a 507K for my 365X and am definitely interested in going to closed emitters. Will definitely wait a while to see how the non replaceable battery shakes out. The 507 series as a whole is tested enough for me to trust them.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Both of these sights have side-load batter trays. The new sight with non-replaceable battery is the SCS.

Quoted:

I don't need either of those. Something that fits the RMSc cut on a Glock without milling or a plate that raises it above the slide would be a bonus. I'd buy one right now.

Check out This Thread on the SCS, fits Glock MOS slides without any other adapter plate or parts.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:30:20 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Not bad!

I don’t want to have to remove the sight to replace the battery.  

I want a closed emitter so my disgusting bellybutton lint doesn’t block the LED.

I prefer the 3-4 different reticle options offered by holosun, but I would forgive that for the first two requests being met.
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:31:58 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:
View Quote

The issue with an enclosed emitter on the common RMR footprint is the location of the fastener (screw) holes.  The RMR layout has the screw holes much closer to the center of the sight, fore/aft.  Thats why the 509T is designed with a dovetail/clamp attachment, ditto for the Acro, for that matter.

The Shield RMSc/407K/507K layout has the fasteners much farther towards the rear, which leaves enough room for the enclosed housing.
Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top