Confirm Cancel
BCM
User Panel

Page / 6
Link Posted: 1/16/2022 3:32:24 PM EDT
[#1]
Discussion ForumsJump to Quoted PostQuote History
Quoted:
Yeah but does it have Bible verses on the side?

View Quote

Now we’re asking the important questions.

Maybe to assuage the holosun-haters, they should just put quotes from Mao on the side?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 12:54:54 PM EDT
[#2]
Quoted:

[GD] "It's not that big grandpa boomer lmao
I carry it AIWB all day on my Glock19 with a 24 round mag and I don't even print at all!"

https://www.ar15.com/media/mediaFiles/144599/glock-19-x_jpg-2241625.JPG
View Quote

How did you get a picture of the prototype Acro 3?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:04:27 PM EDT
[#3]
Quoted:

An enclosed one with a solar panel and shake awake would be a great place to start that conversation...
View Quote
I understand the first one, although I think the need might be exaggerated.

I don't see why anyone would care about the second two, when you are already counting battery life in years.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:05:48 PM EDT
[#4]
Quoted:
In the grand scheme of things, what major innovation is NEEDED in the world of RDS, be it pistol or rifle mounted? It's a dot used for aiming. That's about it. Other than the battery location on an RMR what else does Trijicon need to "innovate" exactly?
View Quote
I NEED to be able to watch Netflix on my micro dot.  It's not a gimmick, it's innovation.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:13:56 PM EDT
[#5]
Quoted:

Now we’re asking the important questions.

Maybe to assuage the holosun-haters, they should just put quotes from Mao on the side?
View Quote

Naw just having one on your firearm is enough to prove your loyalty...like wearing a Covid mask
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 1:29:18 PM EDT
[#6]
Serious question, do companies like Trijicon and Aimpoint make thier own emitters and diodes? Do they make the circuit boards inside as well?

How much of the internals are imported then used to assemble the optic?
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 2:28:12 PM EDT
[#7]
Quoted:

Yeah, fuck that. Total dealbreaker.
View Quote View All Quotes
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
I’ve always heard that the dolor panels on other HS are pretty much useless. Since this has a non replaceable internal battery I guess they might have fixed it

Yeah, fuck that. Total dealbreaker.

From OP: "and the side-load battery tray,"
It sounds like if you like your replaceable battery you can keep your replaceable battery.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 7:37:11 PM EDT
[#8]
These look great.  I’m in at $300… $350 maybe. I’m not paying $500 for a anything Holosun, though.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:31:38 PM EDT
[#9]
Quoted:
These look great.  I’m in at $300… $350 maybe. I’m not paying $500 for a anything Holosun, though.
View Quote

If street prices vs. MSRP for the previous models is any indication, that won't be a problem.

Probably not right away, but before long.
Link Posted: 1/17/2022 8:34:15 PM EDT
[#10]
Quoted:
Is this like the China optics race?

I’ll be honest and should note, I do have an RMR on my carry gun. But the length and money people will spend to outfit a handgun seems insane these days.

It’s a side arm for fucks sake.

A fool and his money.
View Quote

I thought the same, until I used one repeatedly for 2-3 months and got used to it.

Now I wouldn't build a defensive pistol without some sort of dot, given the choice.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:35:56 AM EDT
[#11]
Quoted:

I would have to say both. But dots don’t make you faster training does. Half the clowns I shoot with don’t train nearly enough to be proficient with either, but they all got them Gucci Glocks and holosun’s. Ymmv.
View Quote

Dots make one faster with an equivalent level of training because they’re more efficient.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:42:12 AM EDT
[#12]
So would this fit on this particular cut? New to slide cuts and trying to figure out all the different cuts and patterns to these sights.

https://brimstonegunsmithing.com/p365-trijicon-rmrcc/
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 8:46:23 AM EDT
[#13]
Quoted:

I don't hate any American companies.

I'm disappointed that some companies refuse to innovate and compete.  

That's all.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
so i have learned in this thread we hate American companies and love Chicom products

I don't hate any American companies.

I'm disappointed that some companies refuse to innovate and compete.  

That's all.

Same. I have an RMR. I've been waiting for them to make an enclosed emitter. I would even be willing (though not happy) to tolerate the same battery arrangement.

However, all we've received is the SRO. I am willing to spend extra to support American companies, but it doesn't look like we are willing to compete unless there's a government contract attached to it, first. I understand that there's a steep cliff of costs to develop and mfg new products here, and no, neither myself nor the market will tolerate a $900 MRDS, but certainly there must be some avenue to success.

I finally, begrudgingly, grabbed a used 509t off the EE, and so far I like it.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 12:02:48 PM EDT
[#14]
Quoted:
So would this fit on this particular cut? New to slide cuts and trying to figure out all the different cuts and patterns to these sights.

https://brimstonegunsmithing.com/p365-trijicon-rmrcc/
View Quote

Sadly, no.  The footprint of the CC is completely proprietary.  You would need to have a slide that is set up to accept the 407K/507K.

ETA: I see they have this linked below the description:

P365 Holosun 407/507 K

That is just what you want.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 1:56:22 PM EDT
[#15]
Quoted:

Sadly, no.  The footprint of the CC is completely proprietary.  You would need to have a slide that is set up to accept the 407K/507K.

ETA: I see they have this linked below the description:

P365 Holosun 407/507 K

That is just what you want.
View Quote

Excellent. Thanks
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:21:22 PM EDT
[#16]
Quoted:

Excellent. Thanks
View Quote

No problem brother.  

Just how well do you like the Sig?

I'm not a Sig fanboi, but that would be a tempting combo, no joke.

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:26:13 PM EDT
[#17]
I tripped and fell in a training class breaking my 507.  I'll never own another one.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 3:56:20 PM EDT
[#18]
Quoted:
I tripped and fell in a training class breaking my 507.  I'll never own another one.
View Quote

Did you try to get any warranty coverage?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:03:14 PM EDT
[#19]
Quoted:

Exactly.

“Holosun is chinaware. Fuck china.”

I’ve said it over and over again. The day Trijicon, Aimpoint, Eotech, make someone that sits atop my P365XL I will gladly go buy it. But I don’t see anything coming out of their camps. Probably because they know what they have the government will buy and don’t really need to innovate.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:
Dang. Meanwhile at Trijicon, crickets.

Exactly.

“Holosun is chinaware. Fuck china.”

I’ve said it over and over again. The day Trijicon, Aimpoint, Eotech, make someone that sits atop my P365XL I will gladly go buy it. But I don’t see anything coming out of their camps. Probably because they know what they have the government will buy and don’t really need to innovate.

Sig has revamped and improved the Romeo Zero (Romeo Zero Pro) according to new press releases from Shot Show.
https://www.ar15.com/forums/handguns/Sig-New-Releases-for-2022/14-203055/

In that thread I asked coregon if Sig had addressed the issues of wandering/lost zero from the R0 which I've seen on two different optics.
According to coregon, that has been addressed.
More options is a good thing IMO.

But these (Holo-Sun) look good!
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:09:49 PM EDT
[#20]
Quoted:

No problem brother.  

Just how well do you like the Sig?

I'm not a Sig fanboi, but that would be a tempting combo, no joke.

View Quote

I just got the Sig the other day and haven't even shot it but compared to my M&Ps its helluva lot better. Compact, feels good in the hand, I love it so far.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:24:04 PM EDT
[#21]
Quoted:

I don't see why anyone would care about the second two, when you are already counting battery life in years.
View Quote

Because your battery can be complete dead in a Holosun and it will still work in daylight.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:37:17 PM EDT
[#22]
Quoted:
Holosun failure rates are also a thing
View Quote

Just like with any thing.

I have the following:
RMR RM07 Type 1
HS507C
HS507K
HS509T

Guess which one has had to go back to the manufacturer for repair?  Here's a hint, the model that needed to be repaired doesn't start with "HS"......
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:42:50 PM EDT
[#23]
Quoted:

I just got the Sig the other day and haven't even shot it but compared to my M&Ps its helluva lot better. Compact, feels good in the hand, I love it so far.
View Quote

Very nice! If you get the slide milled & sight installed, a range report thread would be very much in order!

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:46:19 PM EDT
[#24]
Quoted:

Did you try to get any warranty coverage?
View Quote

Yep.  At the time the replacement was out of stock so I chose the enclosed emitter one, don't remember the model, it's in the safe somewhere.  I've since moved on to RMR's for everything.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 5:54:06 PM EDT
[#25]
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:00:06 PM EDT
[#26]
Quoted:
View Quote

https://www.ar15.com/forums/ar-15/Broken_RMR/18-684028/?

Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:00:44 PM EDT
[#27]
Quoted:

Because your battery can be complete dead in a Holosun and it will still work in daylight.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Or ambient light at night.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:02:09 PM EDT
[#28]
Quoted:
View Quote

I managed to break an RMR.

I still use them.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:27:21 PM EDT
[#30]
Anyone know when these are going to hit the market? Was about to buy a 507k, but wondering if I should wait for one of these.
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:33:02 PM EDT
[#31]
Quoted:
Anyone know when these are going to hit the market? Was about to buy a 507k, but wondering if I should wait for one of these.
View Quote

Also, a good RMR to RMSc adapter plate?
Link Posted: 1/18/2022 7:59:56 PM EDT
[#32]
Quoted:

Yep.  At the time the replacement was out of stock so I chose the enclosed emitter one, don't remember the model, it's in the safe somewhere.  I've since moved on to RMR's for everything.
View All Quotes
Quoted:

Fair enough, thanks.  At least they didn't blow you off.

Quoted:

I have not heard anything about that, but I will ask around and try to get an answer.

Quoted:

I honestly don't know where to send you for that

Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:17:49 PM EDT
[#33]
Quoted:
I just don't get it I guess.

These Chinese wonder sights offer me nothing over an RMR.  Maybe battery changes.  But my RMR that's been on for years doesn't really make me care.

Not a Holosun hater either.  Thinking about a 507 for a G26 build.  Their "innovations" generally just don't appeal to me.

View Quote
It also directly funds the CCP, through parent companies etc. arfcom is all about Chinese optics now. It's insane.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:19:48 PM EDT
[#34]
Still china, still a no.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:21:31 PM EDT
[#35]
Quoted:
so i have learned in this thread we hate American companies and love Chicom products
View Quote
Pretty much. I never thought I would see it on arfcom, but here we are.

The Chinese have infiltrated every industry with their shit, and will be the world super power in 20 years or less. Americans are obsessed with cheap Chinese bullshit and it's not slowing down.
Link Posted: 1/19/2022 2:31:01 PM EDT
[#36]
Quoted:
Pretty much. I never thought I would see it on arfcom, but here we are.

The Chinese have infiltrated every industry with their shit, and will be the world super power in 20 years or less. Americans are obsessed with cheap Chinese bullshit and it's not slowing down.
View Quote

You think they're not already.....ok
Link Posted: 1/23/2022 7:23:44 PM EDT
[#37]
To all the boomers clamoring about muh Chyna. Turn caps lock off. Every time you misspell something that you think is clever you sound like an idiot. The time to buy American was 50 years ago, when you built your second house with 100% chinesium. It's not just as gud, it's better. Stop supporting corporate communism.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 2:48:56 PM EDT
[#38]
Quoted:
To all the boomers clamoring about muh Chyna. Turn caps lock off. Every time you misspell something that you think is clever you sound like an idiot. The time to buy American was 50 years ago, when you built your second house with 100% chinesium. It's not just as gud, it's better. Stop supporting corporate communism.
View Quote

Shots fired, shots fired!

Link Posted: 1/24/2022 2:50:06 PM EDT
[#39]
Quoted:

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

Why?

There are two sizes. EPS is the full size and the EPS Carry is the RMSc size.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 5:17:33 PM EDT
[#40]
Definitely interested in these. Anyone know when they will hit the street?
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 5:39:27 PM EDT
[#41]
Well, I was all in to buy a few of these and sell off my HE508T-GR X2's and 407's. I love the 32 MOA circle with 2 MOA dot of the 407/508. The new EPS and EPS carry are only going to be a 6 MOA circle, which is fine for self-defense, but I like the 32/2 MOA circle/dot better. Also, these new sights with a 6 MOA dot on my Staccato-P is too big for 50-100 yard shots. Just my opinion.

https://holosun.com/index/product/item/cid/29.html
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 10:29:10 PM EDT
[#42]
Quoted:
Well, I was all in to buy a few of these and sell off my HE508T-GR X2's and 407's. I love the 32 MOA circle with 2 MOA dot of the 407/508. The new EPS and EPS carry are only going to be a 6 MOA circle, which is fine for self-defense, but I like the 32/2 MOA circle/dot better. Also, these new sights with a 6 MOA dot on my Staccato-P is too big for 50-100 yard shots. Just my opinion.

https://holosun.com/index/product/item/cid/29.html
View Quote

Because you’re holding on an aiming point smaller than 6” with a handgun at 100 yards?

Actually, you’ll be holding over the aiming point which won’t be obstructed at all.
Link Posted: 1/24/2022 11:42:22 PM EDT
[#43]
Quoted:

Because you're holding on an aiming point smaller than 6" with a handgun at 100 yards?

Actually, you'll be holding over the aiming point which won't be obstructed at all.
View Quote
Depending on zero, just over the head.

I shot a magazine (and made two) hits on a full size silhouette at 200. About 70" of drop at that distance. Aim another man over them.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 8:49:41 AM EDT
[#44]
I was more interested in these when I thought they were RMR footprint.

Oh well.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 10:06:52 AM EDT
[#45]
Quoted:
I was more interested in these when I thought they were RMR footprint.

Oh well.
View Quote

Pretty sure one of them is.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:31:43 PM EDT
[#46]
Quoted:

View Quote

No, afraid not.

The screw hole location vs. enclosed housing makes that impossible.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 2:41:45 PM EDT
[#47]
Quoted:

No, afraid not.

View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

No, afraid not.

Yeah, I've been puzzling that one over. The only solution I can envision are captive screws that are turned via vertical gears, if you will.

Anyway, it's a shitty solution. Just a thought exercise.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 3:30:06 PM EDT
[#48]
Quoted:

Yeah, I've been puzzling that one over. The only solution I can envision are captive screws that are turned via vertical gears, if you will.

View Quote

This fore-and-aft sizing/spacing issue is why the 509T used the dovetail-clamp mount.

I mean, that's still a viable option, if it weren't, Aimpoint would be doing something different with the Acro.

The issue is that the dovetail dimensions and configuration are proprietary for both of those, ditto for the Steiner MPS.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:20:42 PM EDT
[#49]
Quoted:

This fore-and-aft sizing/spacing issue is why the 509T used the dovetail-clamp mount.

I mean, that's still a viable option, if it weren't, Aimpoint would be doing something different with the Acro.

The issue is that the dovetail dimensions and configuration are proprietary for both of those, ditto for the Steiner MPS.
View All Quotes
Quoted:
Quoted:

A universal dovetail would be swell.
Link Posted: 1/25/2022 9:31:21 PM EDT
[#50]
Quoted:

A universal dovetail would be swell.
View Quote

I agree 100%.

Page / 6
Close Join Our Mail List to Stay Up To Date! Win a FREE Membership!

Sign up for the ARFCOM weekly newsletter and be entered to win a free ARFCOM membership. One new winner* is announced every week!

You will receive an email every Friday morning featuring the latest chatter from the hottest topics, breaking news surrounding legislation, as well as exclusive deals only available to ARFCOM email subscribers.

By signing up you agree to our User Agreement. *Must have a registered ARFCOM account to win.
Top Top